zarola
dostoevsky
Luca
Patrick Bateman
Ganso
Babun
12 posters

Go down

How highly do you rate Claudio Ranieri? Empty How highly do you rate Claudio Ranieri?

Post by Babun Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I want to know your opinions on him :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Claudio Ranieri? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Claudio Ranieri?

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Kind of hard to judge him,he doesn't have a great squad at his disposal
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Claudio Ranieri? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Claudio Ranieri?

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 am

Decent manager,more suited to a mid-table/relegation club in terms of his style of football //Parking the bus//

I really can't figure out how he keeps getting jobs with the top clubs... scratch
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:59 am

Conservative
Good manager though

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:02 am

*Sees Babun OP without Very Happy or eco smile *

*Falls off chair.*

I think he's slightly under-rated here in that he was the last manager to take Juventus to the Champions League and then went on to do very well with Roma, however he's not innovative enough to solve major squad issues in order to rebuild a club, so when Roma started to flounder in his second season it was a good idea to look elsewhere to build for the future. In that sense he's a poorer version of Ancelotti, lacking the former's ability to get the absolute most out of a squad, sharing his weaknesses but overall being a decent manager in his own right. He's suited to the coat tails of European qualification in the table.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 am

I think he's good for a not so midtable team but not so top, IDK it's hard to explain. he's not bad, he's just nothing special.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:25 am

Conservative is a good way to describe him

In both the positive and negative connotations that come with it

Don't think he's a title winning manager but hopefully he can get us back to CL
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 am

bhends wrote:Conservative is a good way to describe him

In both the positive and negative connotations that come with it

Don't think he's a title winning manager but hopefully he can get us back to CL

I don't see Ranieri being particularly good for players such as Poli to be brought through, however he should get a lot out of a player such as Thiago Motta and he has the ability to go on the sort of winning streak that can get Inter back into the Champions League places. The way other teams are likely to be perpetually slipping up as well he'll have a lot of help in that department.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 am

Yeah...Rainieri will never play more than a couple youngsters at once it seems

Its infuriating...today he removed Alvarez for Obi despite the fact that everyone with two eyes and 1/2 a brain would tell you Stankovic was clearly the one that needed to come off seeing as how he sucks and Alvarez was one of our best players to that point...but thats just the way he is

One youngster comes on....one has to come off

That seems to be his philosophy

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 am

I think hes a good manager, underrated by many, and hes good for stabalizing a squad, but like others have said hes not the man to take a team to the top.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 am

Ranieri was the idiot who nearly lost Juventus Chiellini if I recall correctly and wasted Giovinco, but your non-Italian youth may have a chance. Laughing

Stankovic deserves immense respect from Inter for all that he has offered in the past, however he needs to be very politely kicked out of the starting line-up then out of the team.

Can't wait to see Ranieri use Muntari constantly. :lol!:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 am

Not a bad coach but not a winning coach.

Hes the kinda who will do well at nearly there clubs who just want cl spots as he is a nearly there coach.

Plays it way to safe sometimes, he is way to happy to get a draw for my liking
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:35 am

Meh.

Around Hiddink level.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:23 am

It feels kind of weird to look at Inter now, remembering their triumphs only a few years ago with most of the same players. Sadly, thats how it can turn when the old players keeps getting older and no revamps. AC Milan suffered the same way after 2007 CL glory.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:39 am

dostoevsky wrote:*Sees Babun OP without Very Happy or eco smile *

*Falls off chair.*

I think he's slightly under-rated here in that he was the last manager to take Juventus to the Champions League and then went on to do very well with Roma, however he's not innovative enough to solve major squad issues in order to rebuild a club, so when Roma started to flounder in his second season it was a good idea to look elsewhere to build for the future. In that sense he's a poorer version of Ancelotti, lacking the former's ability to get the absolute most out of a squad, sharing his weaknesses but overall being a decent manager in his own right. He's suited to the coat tails of European qualification in the table.
When in Rome, do as Romans do eco smile
I noticed Seria fans on goallegacy are known for excessive use of :coffee:
eco smile

On topic, your opinions and my opinion match so far. I'd say he's a coward of a manager when it comes to top games. He doesn't bring the game to the opponents or finish them off properly eco smile
I also noticed that he's got his problems with the selection. All in all, he's got the tools to be a top coach but not enough testosteron in his blood eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 am

I think he is some what under-rated (& abused). I don't like him (style) much, but he has pulled-off enough damage-control jobs to be treated with respect.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down