Gil
sportsczy
Blue Barrett
12 posters

Go down

Claudio Ranieri given the boot Empty Claudio Ranieri given the boot

Post by Blue Barrett 20/5/2014, 15:32

The Tinkerman is out of a job again.

Not sure how much more they expected him to achieve though, especially given the circumstances.

edit:

Jonathan Johnson @Jon_LeGossip
As expected, Monaco's Vadim Vasilyev has confirmed the departure of Claudio Ranieri as coach. #ASM

Vasilyev claims that it was a decision taken together with Ranieri & thanks him for doing a very good job. #ASM

Vasilyev admits it was a difficult decision as results have been very good, but ASM looking for new dynamic at this stage of project. #ASM

Vasilyev says he cannot confirm the identity of new coach yet as there are still a few details left to take care of. #ASM

Vasilyev says Monaco now looking for attack-minded coach who can give the club's fans (few) an entertaining spectacle. #ASM

Vasilyev also reassures fans that Monaco project still solid & valid despite president Dmitry Rybolovlev's impending divorce. #ASM
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Claudio Ranieri given the boot Empty Re: Claudio Ranieri given the boot

Post by sportsczy 20/5/2014, 15:37

Ranieri clashed with Falcao, James Rodriguez, Abidal and Ocampos. James and Ocampos... they're kids. Fine. But Abidal and Falcao were stupid. Falcao is the face of the team and Abidal is the link with the french public.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 20/5/2014, 15:54

President of Monaco:

"We took the decision to separate, but i want to give credit to Claudio. He really did a good job. It was a difficult decision but, at this point in our project, we needed a new dymanic for the team... the only thing that made us take this decision was our exit from the Coupe de France."

"I can't confirm the name of the new manager. There are some details that need to be finished. His name is not the question. We want a more offensive mindset to give our fans. That's our ambition. We want a modern manager with new methods that can bring an offensive style."

I have to admit, the error in judgement by Ranieri in that Coupe de France semi was shocking. Monaco were playing a relegation level team (Guingamp). It was the only trophy that Monaco were favored for since PSG was taken out earlier. Instead of playing his A team and going for it... he put his B team out there and played horribly. What's worse, there was nothing to play for in Ligue 1. PSG had a 8 point lead and Lille was 10 point behind. I can understand the anger from management there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil 20/5/2014, 15:55

He's been unfairly sacked by Chelsea, Roma, Juve and Monaco now. Unreal streak.

Hell, arguably Inter as well considering the hand he was dealt.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers 20/5/2014, 17:44

Sports who will replace him at Monaco?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle 20/5/2014, 17:52

Well everyone knows that Renieri wasnt gonna lead Monaco long term, it was just a matter of time. Let's face it, Renieri is not the man to lead a team with that kind of ambition, he might be really good at building a team but he doesnt have what it takes to compete with the good boys.

Anyway i wouldnt mind being Renieir at the moment, he's gonna set back in his chair, light up a cigar, and think of ways to spend yet another compensation check that he gets without showing up every morning. That's the stuff of envy
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger 20/5/2014, 18:06

I think they're going balls deep for Pochettino. Would be the wisest choice.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx 20/5/2014, 18:24

Sporting Lisbon manager Leonardo Jardim is most likely replacing him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 20/5/2014, 19:08

jibers wrote:Sports who will replace him at Monaco?
Leonardo Jardim is the frontrunner apparently... then Jorge Jesus.  Mendes has big influence and the new sporting director is Portuguese.  So i expect that the new manager will come from there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 20/5/2014, 19:12

Jardim has already signed ol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 20/5/2014, 19:13

Not according to Monaco today Nick... they said that nobody can be named because nothing has been finalized yet. Vadim Vasilyev speaks extremely good french with a very good accent btw... it's pretty cool since he didn't speak it at all 2 years ago.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Vasilyev-besoin-de-nouvelles-idees/466893

Last edited by sportsczy on 20/5/2014, 19:15; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 20/5/2014, 19:15

yes, they sound very original Laughing

u cant sack a coach and right off the bat announce the new guy. need  mourning period. They made sure to tie up Jardim last week before sacking Ranieri this week. let's see if Next week he is announced
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 20/5/2014, 21:13

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Jardim-quitte-le-club/466992

Leonardo Jardim just left Sporting so i think the writing is on the wall here...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto 20/5/2014, 21:26

Gil wrote:He's been unfairly sacked by Chelsea, Roma, Juve and Monaco now. Unreal streak.

Hell, arguably Inter as well considering the hand he was dealt.

I don't agree with Juventus, though that was more circumstantial given the players he was afforded and the incredibly provincial management.

Inter you'd get mixed responses. Showed some brilliant hand at tactics yet could not replicate the needed consistency and targets needed for them. Yet that again was part of a management problem to which did him 0 favours.

Roma he accomplished his job there and left with notes of dignity and respect. That was a mutual agreement.

Agreed with Chelsea.

Monaco more a problem with the internal dressing room disputes than his results. Falcao's sense of entitlement is disgusting yet the real clincher was the dispute with Abidal which baffles the media to this day and was not tact from
Ranieri. Results wise he was fantastic in Ligue 2 and this year in Ligue 1; his handling of Moutinho and development Rodriguez remarkable. Both will miss him.

I'm sure he'll find success elsewhere now. His consistency proves it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho 20/5/2014, 21:30

Breaking news: Leonard Jardim leaves as manager of Sporting Lisbon. He will join Monaco and will be officially revealed on Thursday.

BOOM!
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 20/5/2014, 21:30

Moutinho had a truly bad year though... Not Ranieri's fault at all becaus he stayed with him all year. But Moutinho was voted the 7th biggest flop in Ligue 1 this season:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Menez-roi-de-vos-flops/466615
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre 21/5/2014, 00:36

About Chelsea , I don't blame Abramovich' choice . Ranieri was the manager of previous management and after that CL semi-final lost against Monaco 2004 ( it was not a great Chelsea as in future years, but it was better than Monaco. Chelsea won 2-0 in return  match and  it got caught up for 2-2 , for this reason I say Ranieri is bottler manager. As Roma-Sampdoria 2010 learns too , for example. )  Chelsea felt the need to swerve with the manager who won Uefa Cup and Champions League in 2 years with Porto. And well , it was a choice rewarded.

About Juve, I can understood to change Ranieri at end of year , but that sack was absurd considering  just 2 matchday missed.
Ranieri endured a  war by Juventini media during the last period of his management, expecially tuttosport , and it played an important role for that sack. He didn't deserved in that way. For Ferrara.

About Roma I agree with Arq.

Ranieri was legit to Inter at beginning, we were fighting for 4th place , then we sold Thiago Motta on January , Motta was the heart of that Inter, the most important player in that moment for us, and when Motta went to PSG   the Inter collapsed because there was not ideas about what doing.  I remember an incredible negative streak after this transfer. We raised only thanks to Milito , risen by Raniieri and he concluded the league with 24 goals. Ranieri was good to insist on him when all thought he had begun the downward and he gave confidence to Milito also when he didn't score in first period missing incredible goals ( inexplicable .. last Torres-esque) and then this choice was rewarded from January onwards.
We finished 6th , if Motta remained we would have made also better because we wouldn't lost some matches. I 've always given alibi to Ranieri for this reason , the club wasn't correct with him also because Ranieri said repeatedly that Motta was needful ( anway it was also Motta to push for PSG ) .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar 21/5/2014, 09:11

Ranieri clashed with Falcao, James Rodriguez, Abidal and Ocampos.
It sounds like Ranieri loves to pick a fight. I would suspect the players being a unruly bunch of prima-donnas.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy 21/5/2014, 11:00

Not really.  Ranieri's rotation systems was baffling to say the least.  For example, Ocampos was a starter as a RWer for the first 6 weeks of the season and was fantastic.  Then, for no reason, he gets moved to the LW and in rotation with Carrasco.  Then, he just gets dropped for months.  Falcao... was being used in a 442 when he's clearly a lone striker type.  To make things worse, it was a 442 with 2 pure 9s in Riviere and Falcao... made no sense.  James Rodiguez barely played his first 8 weeks at Monaco for no apparent reason.  And then Abidal gets sent to the stands... not even the team sheet... for no apparent reason.

Tbh, i had no idea what Ranieri was thinking with his moves all season.  It's as if he was looking for a fight. He did a good job with team shape and early play (Monaco's style of play degraded drastically as the season progressed due to his stupid man management)... but in terms of handling the team, Ranieri was a complete disaster.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down