Robespierre
McLewis
sportsczy
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Claudio Ranieri appreciation thread Empty Claudio Ranieri appreciation thread

Post by sportsczy Mon May 05, 2014 2:10 pm

He's in a bit of hot water at Monaco for no reason whatsoever. I think he's done a marvelous job and been a great gentleman. It would be a disgrace for Monaco to let him go this summer as it is being rumored. Is he tough? Of course. His issue is politics within and outside of the team: He doesn't play favorites. He benched Falcao and James Rodriguez because they weren't practicing hard enough. Well guess what... James Rodriguez got the message and looks like a completely different player.

Monaco try to play attractive footy too and often succeed.

Never says a bad thing about his players to the media either, which i love.

I hope Monaco retain him. He's an asset to Ligue 1.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Claudio Ranieri appreciation thread Empty Re: Claudio Ranieri appreciation thread

Post by McLewis Mon May 05, 2014 3:17 pm

You have to feel for Ranieri honestly. He's never really done much wrong. Did a hell of a job with a pretty average Roma side and has done very well with Monaco as well. I think his issue is that he's at potential title winners without being one himself. Put him with a CL caliber club, where that's their objective and I think he'd do just fine and wouldn't have to worry about having his head on the chopping block year after year.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Claudio Ranieri appreciation thread Empty Re: Claudio Ranieri appreciation thread

Post by Robespierre Mon May 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Bottler manager
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Claudio Ranieri is actually fantastic on a purely tactical level. He is one of if not the best crisis managers in football and in my opinion, the best when it comes to making game changing subs.

His man management of players within his favour is a testament to his leadership and his approach in big games is excellent.

Where does he fail? Like Walter Mazzari, Claudio has a provinciale gene in which his sometimes all to pragmatic and cautious thinking will result in a lack of winning mentality and a 2nd place approach, to which eventually transcends onto the squad. He also happens to be very stubborn and some of his footballing decisions can be quite boring despite it making tactical sense.

Monaco? His treatment of the squad and development of Rodriguez has been superb along with the implementation of Berbatov. Ranieri has done a fantastic job yet Monaco are in the end full of resource and will bound to look for a more marketable manager with trophies on all ends of the European spectrum.

Very harsh on Ranieri. Though if he is sacked I hope he takes at least a mid-table position within the league.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 05, 2014 5:46 pm

Problem Arqi is that he started feuding with Falcao, Abidal, Ocampos and the front office. I mean, i love him but he's a complete idiot when it comes to common sense self-preservation. Ocampos.... ok he's a kid so he won't go crazy although he cost a nice amount. But Falcao, Abidal and the front office? I mean wtf.

I just hope that Monaco sit him down with Falcao and Abidal and they figure it out as opposed to cutting ties with Ranieri. He has done a very good job and deserves to be given chance to take care of these mistakes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Ranieri never was one to follow the common rules under the hierarchy or in front of the media and it has cost him many times; Roma a good example.

I cannot see how he can possibly feud with Abidal, Ocampos understandable given his age yet that seems to be under the cover. Falcao on the otherhand I would lay on the Columbian, given his attitude on and off the pitch to which has set a poor example of a star tasked to exemplify himself within an ambitious club. Like Zlatan for PSG or Aguero for City, Falcao needs to take a leadership role rather than think of his own interests.

If Ranieri loses important figures such as Falcao and Abidal in the dressing room, along with jeopardizing Ocampos' future in Monaco, he could well be on his way out.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue May 06, 2014 1:33 am

I don't watch Ligue 1 but if 2nd place is what Monaco's after then by all means Ranieri is the right man for the job
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue May 06, 2014 3:52 am

I know him as a manager who can help the troubled team, get the team in shape but after that he runs out of ideas.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 am

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Ranieri-et-l-asm-c-est-fini/462907

Ranieri out at Monaco at the end of the season. Successor to be announced next week. Zidane?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 07, 2014 2:29 pm

If Zidane is offered the job he should take it, but he better not flop
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Molenation Molenation Sad
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 02, 2016 11:13 pm

Robespierre wrote:Bottler manager

hmm
Not anymore?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 02, 2016 11:18 pm

cheers

He deserves this!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon May 02, 2016 11:59 pm

well deserved. in an era where money dominates, coaches hoard talent and take credit for the success that comes from that, the man did it his way with little old Leicester....Salute
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 03, 2016 12:44 am

titosantill wrote:well deserved. in an era where money dominates, coaches hoard talent and take credit for the success that comes from that, the man did it his way with little old Leicester....Salute

"His way with little old Leicester" Laughing

Lets not rewrite history. Rainieri has coached Juventus, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Monaco, Atletico, Valencia, Napoli, etc. hardly little teams without money or talent.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 03, 2016 12:47 am

rincon wrote:
titosantill wrote:well deserved. in an era where money dominates, coaches hoard talent and take credit for the success that comes from that, the man did it his way with little old Leicester....Salute

Lets not rewrite history. Rainieri has coached Juventus, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Monaco, Atletico, Valencia, Napoli, etc. hardly little teams without money or talent.

That doesn't negate his point though, although i find it quite ironic that after all the times Ranieri has fallen short with big teams he wins the league with Leicester.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 03, 2016 12:51 am

It is not Rainieri's way to do it with a small team. He went with the big teams in his career almost everytime.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 03, 2016 12:55 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
rincon wrote:

That doesn't negate his point though, although i find it quite ironic that after all the times Ranieri has fallen short with big teams he wins the league with Leicester.
The Leicester story is incredible also for this, if Pearson was the coach it'd been less special.
Never believed he'd won a title after he bottled it with " his" Roma against Sampdoria in 2010 ( I believed it was his last chance to win it) , let alone with foxes..
Beautiful.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 03, 2016 1:13 am

its not rewriting history, it even makes the story sweeter. the man failed bigger sides, won nothing, he could easily have given up and packed it in....and maybe he did, maybe a step down to Leicester was the therapy he needed. despite what happened before or even after this, its a remarkable feat. people would have been happy for them only making ucl; their fans would probably have celebrated europa league...when you've experienced big budgets as a coach, i think its even tougher for you to know you have to settle with what u've got at a smaller club and still get results. it seems like at some point, neutrals started catching their games just to see if this thing would work out, and one just has to applaud it, especially after some of the insults he took, from.....cough....mourinho
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue May 03, 2016 1:17 am

Everyone in that team seems to have an amazing  backstory .

Schmeichel  : branded as  a scrub not good enough to carry his father's last name just a couple of years ago  .

Morgan : never played a single PL  game before the age of 30.

Vardy  : the striker who was playing in the 5th division at age 25 and never set foot in top flight football until last year.

Mahrez :  deemed not good enough for Marseille or any Ligue 1 team .

Albrighton : unceremoniously released by villa in 2014  with his career looking to go nowhere but down , 2 years later he wins the league while Villa finishes last .

Huth : looked to be on the tail end of his career after he left Stoke .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 03, 2016 1:21 am

damn, that's some good info, add the backstory of ranieri's reputation as a journeyman coach, and it makes a brilliant tale. i didn't know about all that. i guess never give up is the message behind this. lol at aston villa and albrighton
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 03, 2016 2:17 am

I wouldn't use OM's talent assessment skills as a benchmark Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue May 03, 2016 2:26 am

Jardim is not bad (actually pretty good himself), but yeah, I also wondered why Monaco decided to release this guy. Same braeth as Mourinho & Simione. :bow:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue May 03, 2016 8:12 am

Claudio Ranieri is the only one to have completed Football Manager in the real life
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue May 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Just a point on Ranieri's spells with the bog boys in Serie A.

Juve: After their rise from relegation, still manages to get them to second place in one season. Also against Inter who were MUCH superior. Juve rebounded several years after he left, where their problems were exposed in upper level management and not the coach.

Roma: Current Roma squad has a similar story to Ranieri's Roma squad. Also rans competing against obviously superior and dominant teams.

Inter: Coaching that team in the crisis years after Mou left. Inter are yet to recover.

In all three teams, through hindsight, we see how STUPID it is to think any of those teams could have done much better than they already did.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next