BeautifulGame
RedDevilForLife
Brigate Rossonere
izzy
RED
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alexis Sanchez going To United? Empty Alexis Sanchez going To United?

Post by RED Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:04 am

All the papers in the UK are reporting that we have landed him for 27 million and that the deal is gonna be completed this week. Plus the Chilean media are also following this up and saying he has chosen to sign for United.

I wonder what this means for United right now? we are so stacked on the wings if he does come.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Alexis Sanchez going To United? Empty Re: Alexis Sanchez going To United?

Post by izzy Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:12 am

Which papers in particular?

5 wingers for United huh?
Good competition for places.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:13 am

Udinese already rejected 30m and are looking for a 35m offer. Unless, ofcourse, your 27m that you reported is pounds and not euro's as I have assumed?
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:17 am

If this is true I can see both Nani and Valencia leaving...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:18 am

izzy26 wrote:Which papers in particular?

telegraph
Mail
sun
The Mirror

ESPN.

the news is spreading like wildfire right now and it says that the player has chosen to go to United. Some are saying the deal could be done in 48 hours.

All speculation of course. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up right now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:If this is true I can see both Nani and Valencia leaving...

Valencia won't go. But if Sanchez does come, it raise a big question mark over Nani...although maybe SAF has other plans for Sanchez.

We'll see if this happens anyways.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:24 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Which papers in particular?

telegraph
Mail
sun
The Mirror

ESPN.

the news is spreading like wildfire right now and it says that the player has chosen to go to United. Some are saying the deal could be done in 48 hours.

All speculation of course. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up right now.

Same. But it sounds absolutely brilliant. Very Happy
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:29 am

"Manchester United are ready to seal a £27million deal for Udinese’s Chilean star Alexis Sanchez - under the noses of Manchester City and Barcelona.

United supremo David Gill flew to Barcelona yesterday to meet Udinese’s negotiators who were talking to the Catalans as the auction for the talented attacking midfielder comes to the boil.

And Gill was also spotted in talks with Sanchez’s representatives who have been with Barca - with insiders revealing that the player wants to go to United above all of their rivals."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-United-set-to-sign-27million-Alexis-Sanchez-from-under-Manchester-City-and-Barcelona-noses-article746952.html

Brilliant!!! This would be one of our best transfers yet!

RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:29 am

None of the English media have reported that United have signed him . Just saying Gill is going to held talks with him . Not sure which paper u are quoting .

They also mentioning City are still favourites to sign him but Sanchez prefers Barca or United but City confident of landing him . Probably will drag on through the summer .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 am

Twitter is buzzing right now.

Raza Deportiva, a Spanish-speaking sports show broadcasting said that Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United done for £27m.

this is their quote.

"The Chilean Alexis Sanchez will be a Manchester United footballer next season, for the price of £27m"

This is too exciting now. They better not be messing about with us fans lol.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:Twitter is buzzing right now.

Raza Deportiva, a Spanish-speaking sports show broadcasting said that Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United done for £27m.

this is their quote.

"The Chilean Alexis Sanchez will be a Manchester United footballer next season, for the price of £27m"

This is too exciting now. They better not be messing about with us fans lol.

God I really need to get a Twitter. I am freaking out!

This would be amazing!
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 am

Would United signing Sanchez perhaps kill whatever interest they had, if it ever existed, in Samir Nasri?

For me, it would be a strange signing. One of the main strengths of United's team is their wingers. Giggs still performs despite his age. Valencia is quite consistent. Nani just had his best season for the club and now they've got Ashley Young.

Unless United plan on using Young or Sanchez as a withdrawn striker or something like that, it just seems like an unnecessary signing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:42 am

Rory Smith was usually reliable with Liverpool news before our takeover and change of Management . Not sure how much source he has with United .

A group including United chief executive David Gill met with Gino Pozzo, the son of the Italian club’s owner Gianpaolo, in the Catalan capital on Monday morning, less than 24 hours after Garry Cook and Brian Marwood opened informal talks with the Serie A side.

The 22 year-old has long been identified as Roberto Mancini’s priority transfer target and City remain confident of reaching a compromise price with Udinese, although sources at Eastlands admitted that reports in Italy on Tuesday that a deal had been agreed – or even a bid lodged – are premature.

Instead, Udinese seem intent on establishing which of Sánchez’s five suitors are prepared to match their £35million asking price. After meeting with representatives of both Manchester clubs in Spain – where the Pozzo family’s industrial empire has a base – Pozzo Jr is due to talk to Inter Milan and Juventus in Milan on Wednesday.

It is believed he has also held talks with Barcelona in recent weeks. The European champions had agreed personal terms with Sánchez last week only to see the deal they proposed to Udinese collapse when Bojan Krkic, the Spain Under-21 forward, refused to be used as a makeweight in the move. Pep Guardiola is now thought to have switched his attention to finalising a deal for Giuseppe Rossi, the former United forward with Villarreal.

That has allowed City to assume Barcelona’s mantle as favourites to land one of the most coveted players in Europe
, with Pozzo Sr admitting this week the wealth afforded to the club by their Arab backers granted them an advantage.
But a sea-change in City’s approach may allow United to record a second morale-sapping victory on a close rival in as many weeks, after beating Liverpool to the signature of the Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones.

City are adamant they will no longer pay over the odds for players, as has been the case in previous years, now that there is no need to compensate for the lack of Champions League football. Marwood and Cook value a player Mancini is desperate to secure – particularly at a time when Carlos Tévez’s future is so uncertain – at around £25million. It is unlikely that City will raise that base cash offer to meet Udinese’s valuation.

City will hope, instead, to bridge the gap either by offering the Italian side – who will join them in the Champions League this season after a remarkable campaign under Francesco Guidolin – a number of players as collateral in the transfer or by adding a number of performance-related clauses.

United, too, are conscious of the potential cost of the transfer – Sir Alex Ferguson has already seemingly shied away from moves for both Wesley Sneijder, the Inter midfielder, and Tottenham Hotspur’s Luka Modric – and Sánchez’s potential wage demands, as well as an astronomical fee, may prove prohibitive.

The Premier League champions remain keen to add Ashley Young to Ferguson’s resources, though their interest in Sánchez suggests Nani may have played his last game for the club.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:46 am

If true then Berbatov is gone, 1 year left on contract and talks have stalled.
Nani and Valencia will fight for wings while young and sanchez will rotate behind 1 of rooney and hernandez

Maybe rooney takes Giggs advanced midfield spot with Sanchez behind Chachadorito?

Either way, Nani is safe

Our squad will be insane

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:46 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Would United signing Sanchez perhaps kill whatever interest they had, if it ever existed, in Samir Nasri?

For me, it would be a strange signing. One of the main strengths of United's team is their wingers. Giggs still performs despite his age. Valencia is quite consistent. Nani just had his best season for the club and now they've got Ashley Young.

Unless United plan on using Young or Sanchez as a withdrawn striker or something like that, it just seems like an unnecessary signing.

It would prove for us to have even more depth, and can't Young play CM and Sanchez could play supporting striker.

The Nasri thing, I'm not sure. He can play CM I think, and we really need one.
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 am

United Don't need him, unless Nani is going to Real Madrid to sit on the bench. Don't believe the paper, if they were right half of the world would have signed for Arsenal by now.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:49 am

cyberman wrote:If true then Berbatov is gone, 1 year left on contract and talks have stalled.
Nani and Valencia will fight for wings while young and sanchez will rotate behind 1 of rooney and hernandez

Maybe rooney takes Giggs advanced midfield spot with Sanchez behind Chachadorito?

Either way, Nani is safe

Our squad will be insane

We'll have amazing depth. Rooney, Chicharito, Young, Valencia, Nani, Giggs, Sanchez? Unstoppable.
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 am

Did United sign Young?

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:51 am

RedDevilForLife wrote:It would prove for us to have even more depth, and can't Young play CM and Sanchez could play supporting striker.

I've never seen Young play centre midfield, personally. I don't think he's suited to that role, either. Neither is Nasri, though we've used him there on ocassion. Both are better off either coming in from the flanks (Young on the left, Nasri on the right) or behind the striker and neither are competent defensively.

I suppose if Berbatov goes then Sanchez will slot in nicely, since he can play up front as well.

Did United sign Young?

They did, but it's not being finalised until July when Young returns from his holiday.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:53 am

Well, at least Udinese will get the funding for the renovation of their stadium...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:54 am

Sanchez isnt a winger, he played behind the striker last season didnt he?
Nani is our player of the season, why would we sell?

All ive heard is how we have to replace giggs and scholes, how failing that will ruin us

Young for Giggs and Sanchez for Scholes and all of a sudden people cant see that?
Sanchez can play the Scholes role circa 2002 perfectly well, I dont see why we have to sell our 24yo player of the year

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:58 am

We can safely say that if true, our days of playing 2 deep laying midfielders are over
Sanchez in the Giggs role interchanging with Rooney?

WERE COMING FOR YOU BARCA!!!!!

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
RedDevilForLife wrote:It would prove for us to have even more depth, and can't Young play CM and Sanchez could play supporting striker.

I've never seen Young play centre midfield, personally. I don't think he's suited to that role, either. Neither is Nasri, though we've used him there on ocassion. Both are better off either coming in from the flanks (Young on the left, Nasri on the right) or behind the striker and neither are competent defensively.

I suppose if Berbatov goes then Sanchez will slot in nicely, since he can play up front as well.

Did United sign Young?

They did, but it's not being finalised until July when Young returns from his holiday.

We could always play with a 4-5-1. We could play a lot more fluid.
Cicharito/Rooney
Young/Nasri-Sanchez-Valencia
Fletch- Carrick
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedDevilForLife Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:01 am

cyberman wrote:We can safely say that if true, our days of playing 2 deep laying midfielders are over
Sanchez in the Giggs role interchanging with Rooney?

WERE COMING FOR YOU BARCA!!!!!

This is brilliant. Sanchez, Rooney, Chicharito, Nasri, Young, Nani, Valencia? All the talk about our attack and how it wasn't menacing after Ronaldo and Tevez left will be down the drain!
RedDevilForLife
RedDevilForLife
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 am

how does this benefit united as much as another type of player, cheaper at that would..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next