The Franchise
Le Samourai
the xcx
Dnmac4
Gil
58 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? - Page 7 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by II Capitano Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:How exactly do u mean more consistent ?

What do you mean? Walcott has, say, one or two great games but goes missing after that. Bale is completely different. I'll leave it at that.

II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? - Page 7 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by Lex Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Bale only has 10 assists
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Where was Bale against us? or United? or Everton? Different indeed...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm

II Capitano wrote:

What do you mean? Walcott has, say, one or two great games but goes missing after that. Bale is completely different. I'll leave it at that.

i mean, what makes you say Bale has been more consistent this season than Walcott. Just that question.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:07 am

Good player, we can use him at Milan.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

i mean, what makes you say Bale has been more consistent this season than Walcott. Just that question.

I watch a lot of football, believe me and that's how I came up with this conclusion. At the start of the season, Bale was the best winger in the league. This year (2012), he has looked out of depth, is far too predictable, takes unneeded shots and plays out on the right or behind the striker, which is partially his own doing.

And, Lex, so what if he has 10 assists? That has no bearing on how good a player has been. Let me rephrase that, it's all semantics. Stats don't reflect on anything, but if you have been a great winger this season, a la Bale/Valencia, then it is valid.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Walcott hasn't been the best winger, but he's been better then Bale for sure lol.

The best was Valencia, what a shame that injuries aren't helping.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 pm

To me Valencia is the best winger in the league he may be a bit one-dimensional but hes incredibly effective at what he does and not many fullbacks can seem to deal with what he brings to the table.

Valencia > Bale for me this season......

Having said this alot of wingers in this league are mainly AM's that play wide and float so there isnt much choice.

But it's Valencia for me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Le Samourai wrote:4.Walcott.

9 goals and 11 assists in 3055 minutes this season

Valencia

3.4 goals and 14 assists in 2255 minutes this season

2.Mata.

10 goals and 13 assists in 3152 minutes

1.Bale.

11 goals and 13 assists in 2774 minutes.

Personally though...Mata has much more influence over the game on a whole than Bale.As far as doing the duties of a Winger go...Bale's got it.

These stats are quite shocking. I didn't expect how productive Bale has been compared to Mata.

Last edited by Dutti on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Walcott hasn't been the best winger, but he's been better then Bale for sure lol.

The best was Valencia, what a shame that injuries aren't helping.

That just shows you are either biased or haven't watched Bale.

And good post, Great Leader Sprucenuce.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:35 pm

You act like Walcott's been a schmuck this season :facepalm: I know it pains you to do so, but give the little f*cker some credit
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Lex wrote:You act like Walcott's been a schmuck this season :facepalm: I know it pains you to do so, but give the little f*cker some credit

I have given him credit many times, but with you, all you do is hype him up constantly and make him out as though he's a world beater, when he's not. Either wise up when you're talking about the best wingers in this thread, or don't even post, it's that simple if you can't look at fact...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:54 pm

All I can say for sure tho....Walcott and Mata to me have stood out in the games I've watched.

Walcott always contributes and Mata is more often than not the best player on the park.

But I only watch (relatively) big games.........
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:06 pm

II Capitano wrote:all you do is hype him up constantly and make him out as though he's a world beater
Care to back up your proclamations with a few quotes or links to examples of me doing so? I've never called Theo world class, or the best winger in the world or any of those monikers, but you keep acting like i have scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:35 pm

I find it hilarious claiming Bale is better than Walcott because of inconsistency, Bale being one of the most inconsistent players I've seen. Worse, he goes missing against the big sides.

Yeah, Walcott had a bad streak of form this season, but in the tough games you rarely see him missing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Have you watched Bale or even Walcott this season to make that sort of claim? Apart from the great performance against Chelsea where Walcott looked like he gave a sh*t, he has been poor in all the other games. To a limited extent, you can say he did well against Tottenham a few weeks ago. Other than that, he has been dire in the other big games. Bale has gone missing since the Manchester City game this year, but has been more consistent, without doubt.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Walcott and Bale both from the same movie

Forest Gump

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:47 pm

II Capitano wrote:Have you watched Bale or even Walcott this season to make that sort of claim? Apart from the great performance against Chelsea where Walcott looked like he gave a sh*t, he has been poor in all the other games. To a limited extent, you can say he did well against Tottenham a few weeks ago. Other than that, he has been dire in the other big games. Bale has gone missing since the Manchester City game this year, but has been more consistent, without doubt.

I dont think Bale has been as consistent as you are making it out. It's just like Nasri last season. Few good months which people remember and then label him WC.

People think bale is more consistent because of the media hype he gets. You hear his name everywhere contrary to walcott's. Look at his performance agaisnt Udinese away, Dortmund Away, Chelsea away, Tottenham home, AC Milan home, Stoke andn Aston villa. Examples of where walcott was excellent but media didn't say anything. In oppose to bale's performance against Norwich at home where he scored 2 goals and got mentioned among the likes of Messi and Ronaldo by various sky Pundits.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:
II Capitano wrote:Have you watched Bale or even Walcott this season to make that sort of claim? Apart from the great performance against Chelsea where Walcott looked like he gave a sh*t, he has been poor in all the other games. To a limited extent, you can say he did well against Tottenham a few weeks ago. Other than that, he has been dire in the other big games. Bale has gone missing since the Manchester City game this year, but has been more consistent, without doubt.

I dont think Bale has been as consistent as you are making it out. It's just like Nasri last season. Few good months which people remember and then label him WC.

People think bale is more consistent because of the media hype he gets. You hear his name everywhere contrary to walcott's. Look at his performance agaisnt Udinese away, Dortmund Away, Chelsea away, Tottenham home, AC Milan home, Stoke andn Aston villa. Examples of where walcott was excellent but media didn't say anything. In oppose to bale's performance against Norwich at home where he scored 2 goals and got mentioned among the likes of Messi and Ronaldo by various sky Pundits.

You're definitely right by making the Nasri comparison. Bale was the best winger, by far, in the league in the first half of the season, was certainly the most consistent winger followed by Nani and Walcott. No one is labeling Bale as world class, he still has a fair bit to go and, in truth, he probably has to move away from Tottenham to notch up a level or two.

I don't think anything, I know because I actually watch the games, mate, unlike other people (Lex and co.), who have clearly said that they haven't watched him regularly, but still feel the need to engage in these debates when their knowledge is lacking, with all due respect. All you've picked out are a handful of games, I can do the same for Bale. In essence, I've always been fair to every player, I hold no bias and I never will, I'm just not that sort of guy. Take a look at Walcott in the first half of the season: for instance, against Chelsea, he has a great game IMO, but then subsequently he had a few shockers, he's always been that type of player. In 2012, I think he has improved definitely, but I wouldn't say he's the best winger in the league.

A lot are saying Valencia and I'm on the fence. Firstly, in every game he has featured in for us, with the exception of the 3-1 win at Old Trafford against Cheslea, he has been phenomenal. However, he hasn't featured in as many games as the likes of Nani, Walcott, Bale etc., but boasts better stats.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:22 pm

What the absolute f*ck are you talking about. Who said they haven't seen Bale play regularly? What are you basing your idiotic statements on?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:46 am

II Capitano wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

You're definitely right by making the Nasri comparison. Bale was the best winger, by far, in the league in the first half of the season, was certainly the most consistent winger followed by Nani and Walcott. No one is labeling Bale as world class, he still has a fair bit to go and, in truth, he probably has to move away from Tottenham to notch up a level or two.

I don't think anything, I know because I actually watch the games, mate, unlike other people (Lex and co.), who have clearly said that they haven't watched him regularly, but still feel the need to engage in these debates when their knowledge is lacking, with all due respect. All you've picked out are a handful of games, I can do the same for Bale. In essence, I've always been fair to every player, I hold no bias and I never will, I'm just not that sort of guy. Take a look at Walcott in the first half of the season: for instance, against Chelsea, he has a great game IMO, but then subsequently he had a few shockers, he's always been that type of player. In 2012, I think he has improved definitely, but I wouldn't say he's the best winger in the league.

A lot are saying Valencia and I'm on the fence. Firstly, in every game he has featured in for us, with the exception of the 3-1 win at Old Trafford against Cheslea, he has been phenomenal. However, he hasn't featured in as many games as the likes of Nani, Walcott, Bale etc., but boasts better stats.

Dude no one said that Walcott was/is the best winger in the league. From what I read all said that he was just better than Bale, both are inconsistent as f*ck and I'm Walcott's biggest critic here just to let you know that I ain't biased. And I watch Spurs because they're our rivals.

He was better than Bale so far, it's not an achievement lol
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:50 pm

just bumping this lol.. oh my

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Arsenal fans and the unhealthy obsession of protecting Theo Scrubcott. Proud 
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:26 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Arsenal fans and the unhealthy obsession of protecting Theo Scrubcott. Proud 
Only 5 less goals and 4 more assists than your 100m darling.

Not bad for a scrub.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Imagine if Walcott scores around 25 goals next season with the help of Ozil. Scores a few match winners, gets hyped up and sold to Barca for €80m. :facepalm:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Arsenal fans and the unhealthy obsession of protecting Theo Scrubcott. Proud 
Only 5 less goals and 4 more assists than your 100m darling.

Not bad for a scrub.
Yeh, stat padding against Coventry, Reading and Bradford in CC. Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next