The Franchise
Le Samourai
the xcx
Dnmac4
Gil
58 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? - Page 3 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

lol aford... not sure you know who Bale is

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? - Page 3 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by billy_gr Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Will flop in Barca soon
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:49 pm

aford92 wrote:
RED 80s. wrote:best winger in the league atm along with Valencia.

He's not even the best winger at Tottenham. 'Arry only picks him over Dos Santos because he can't spell Dos Santos' name correctly on the team sheet.

1. How can Valencia beat joint best when he only makes the bench for United when Nani and Young are fit?
2. I could name lots of EPL wingers that are better than Bale. Dos Santos, Gervinho, Hoillet, Malouda, Mata, Young, Nani, Ben Arfa, Johnson, Nasri, Silva, Petrov, Lennon, Valencia and Downing.

I just saw this.

1) on current form Valencia> Nani and Young. Young will most likely be benched when he is back from injury.

2) Just based off the names you mentioned there, I know you clearly don't like Bale. It's not based off his footballing skills, you just plain don't like him for some reason. Because some of those names there.....better than Bale? No way.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm

dos santos over bale no f'n way.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

one of the best wingers in the pl.. say whatever, he has been pretty good this season much more than last.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

This argument about being a one trick pony is just such a fail lol.

Who cares how you do it? it is what you do ffs. If it works then that is what matters. When he starts flopping then you can say that right now he is the best winger in the PL.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Tbf tho being the best winger in the PL isnt exactly a grand achievement Laughing

Most players that play outwide in this league are either average or AM's Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Nani, Valencia, Young, Lennon and Gervinho are all good wingers.
Bale has not been just the best winger he has been one of the best players in the league.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Young and Lennon are average at best.......

Just overhyped midtable wingers, Lennon has less of a football brain than Walcott ffs lol.......

Nani has been a crock of shite this season and Valencia is good at what he does but very much a one trick pony with no real X Factor....

Gervinho is very good i agree one of the best the league has to offer, but in the main the point stands its not really hard to be the best winger in a league that doesnt have more than a handful of quality wingers.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Bale and Nani have been the best two wingers in the league, based on consistency. Gervinho took a while to get his act going, but has produced a couple of rare magic moments, whilst Young had a great five game start, but faded away after that. Like someone said in this thread, it's not really that big of an achievement in being the best winger in the league primarily because, in essence, the quality of wingers is mediocre, not even exaggerating. Based on current form, I'd rather have Valencia, as he is more direct and is more self-disciplined, but he has only recently started to perform greatly, since the game against Wolves and was injured for the first couple of months.

I can take people saying Bale is the best winger in the league, but to say he is a better player than Silva is laughable, but what do you expect when you're on this forum? Silva is much more deadly in the final third, he can glide past players and pick out that final ball with ease, whereas Bale struggles to make an impact because he is one-dimensional. Note to members: Being one-dimensional doesn't make you a mediocre player, however, being dynamic is slightly better.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Young and Lennon are average at best.......

Just overhyped midtable wingers, Lennon has less of a football brain than Walcott ffs lol.......

Nani has been a crock of shite this season and Valencia is good at what he does but very much a one trick pony with no real X Factor....

Gervinho is very good i agree one of the best the league has to offer, but in the main the point stands its not really hard to be the best winger in a league that doesnt have more than a handful of quality wingers.....

As long as there is one really good winger then being better than that just 1 good player still makes you a quality player. One trick pony or not.

And let me say again he has not been just the best winger in the league he has been one of the best players in the league.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:41 pm

I get that EP, but it sounds you are saying he's the best winger in the league like its a massive achievement when it isnt lol.

That's all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Fair enough lol.

I just wanted to point out that him being a one trick pony doesn't make him an average over rated player. Wink
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 pm

As if there are several world class wingers in other leagues..

Immaculate Mole please name the pure wingers that are better than Bale atm across Europe.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Young and Lennon are average at best.......

I agree regarding your comments about Young and Lennon, but the former has actually displayed quality on a few occasions whereas Lennon rarely finds his feet - and is slightly better than Walcott, in my opinion. Also, Nani hasn't "been a crock of shite this season", that just shows your ignorance on so many levels. He didn't get off to a flyer like last season, but found his feet after the Arsenal game. He has one again portrayed why he is an integral player to our system, he is the most dynamic winger in the league, and based on consistency, since 2010, Nani has been the best player in the league. If anyone wants to challenge that, then on you go, fine, but you'll also agree after you look at the statistics and whatnot (not that that's relevant to what's being discussed).

I simply can't believe you disregard everything that Nani has done for us this season and paint Gervinho in a bright light, as though he has been amazing this season, let alone better than Nani this season, which is one again laughable. Gervinho's problem is his end product, once he passes the full back he fails to pick the right option, whatever that may be. In addition to this, his finishing is poor, which is a shame considering he was a sound finisher for Lille last season. Lastly, like I said, being a one trick pony isn't a bad thing, that's just sheer ignorance on your behalf once again. Valencia is still capable of destroying the best teams in the world. Did you forget about the master class performances he has put in over the past month, most notably - against Bolton? Or what about last season when he destroyed Ashley Cole? Exactly, that's what I though.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:01 pm

Di Maria, Robben, Sanchez, Ribery, Reus, Lavezzi, Hazard, Arango( suppose he's more of a AM) and Menez....

Remy aswell but some would consider him a CF now.

Gladiator, nothing against Valencia he's a fine player i just prefer to see wingers with a box of tricks other than running at the fullback and putting a cross on a plate for the forward( great crosses mind you) nothing against him i just prefer to see more rounded players that can inside and outside etc etc....

As for Nani everytime i have seen him since the City 6-1 he has been a shadow of his former self, maybe iam being a bit harsh because of what i expect of him, meanwhile i really like Gervinho so perhaps iam being a bit bias .....

The mere fact Arsenal havent won game since he's been away shows alot, his dribbling skills are top notch and ability to drag other defenders out of position to create space for other forwards are fantastic, his weakness is decision making but still great none the less.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Di Maria, Robben, Sanchez, Ribery, Reus, Lavezzi, Hazard, Arango( suppose he's more of a AM) and Menez....

Reus is an SS who likes to drift out wide time and again.

Robben hasnt done anything noteworthy this season..Hell he was ineffective against Indian National team ffs..Bale easily beats him this season.

Again Lavezzi is an SS and not a winger ,why do you think i mentioned 'pure' winger in my earlier post.

Cant talk of Hazard as i dont watch Ligue 1 and he was poor against Inter in the CL.And Menez ?lol seriously man this is more out of the hate choice than anything.

Arango is a left-midfielder ,he has been great but i just think Bale has been better and more influential.

Out of that list only Di Maria and Ribery have a legitimate claim of being better than Bale this season.Ribery is quite clearly the best winger in Europe and Di Maria has been one of RM's best players.Sanchez hasnt exploded yet ,in time he probably will..

I'd assume many of them are making an evaluation based on this season SO FAR ,we'll see how it pans out come the end of the season .And Bale deserves credit and credit where its due rightfully.I dint ask you to make a list on which players YOU RATE above Bale as it somewhat it looks like that.

In b4 There has been a change in Bale's role.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Arangod >>>>>>>>> Bale. He's more a playmaker than a winger, but he still plays left AM. He's one of the reasons Monchengladbach are in CL spots.

No way is one trick pony Bale better than him :coffee:

Apart from that, agree with Mole. "Pure winger" is another term for "mediocre". You just can't be a pure winger nowdays. Ribéry is also more of a playmaker and Robben an inside forward if you get all technical.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Menez has been fantastic this year lol..... Ask anyone who watched Ligue 1 lol...

Also i wasnt aware you said atm, i was saying in general and Bale has changed his role he moves all across the front line lol....

Lavezzi and Reus are as much as wingers as Bale is.

I dont hate him, i just find him a bit overrated and not all over his c*ck like everyone is......

If i hated him i would do what Aford did and claim Dos Santos is better lol.

BTW Arango has the most assists in the Bundesliga for Mochengladbach and probably other than Reus the main reason they are where they are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:36 pm

You know PL has declined when Bale is the leagues arguably best player :lucas:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Who said he was better than Silva? Laughing

I said he was performing better than Silva not that he was the better player.

Silva has been average at best for weeks now while Bale has been consistent throughout. I mean Silva hasn't even been the best player on his team ffs.

People were saying he was better than Iniesta only a few weeks ago. Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote: and alot more consistent but he still goes missing far too much for my liking, for example against City he was a complete and utter ghost before his goal.

Isn't that what great players do best though? Admittedly, he was shocking up until his goal but he so easily could have been the matchwinner at the end of the day had Defoe converted his cross.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:43 pm

. You just can't be a pure winger nowdays. Ribéry is also more of a playmaker and Robben an inside forward if you get all technical.

Pure winger as in spend most of the time on the wing which Ribery does.That is what i basically meant.

I disagree on Reus and Lavezzi being wingers..they are more like Roaming forwards if you like to call it.

I'll give an example of Cassano who always likes to drift outwide on the left but in all honesty his style is that of an SS/AM and most of his plays come through teh centre anyways...

I'd give absolute credit to Arango as well..He has been superb this season ,just think Bale has been slightly better anyways its turning into a pointless argument..I'll leave it at that.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Bale is every much a roaming forward these days, if you want to get that technical.....

Most of his goals have come from the right or the middle, that pretty much shows that he has a free role and not a typical winger.....

He is basically got a similar role to what CR7 had at Utd and no one called him a "typical winger"
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Fair enough and i wont dispute that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Di Maria, Robben, Sanchez, Ribery, Reus, Lavezzi, Hazard, Arango( suppose he's more of a AM) and Menez....

Remy aswell but some would consider him a CF now.

Gladiator, nothing against Valencia he's a fine player i just prefer to see wingers with a box of tricks other than running at the fullback and putting a cross on a plate for the forward( great crosses mind you) nothing against him i just prefer to see more rounded players that can inside and outside etc etc....

As for Nani everytime i have seen him since the City 6-1 he has been a shadow of his former self, maybe iam being a bit harsh because of what i expect of him, meanwhile i really like Gervinho so perhaps iam being a bit bias .....

The mere fact Arsenal havent won game since he's been away shows alot, his dribbling skills are top notch and ability to drag other defenders out of position to create space for other forwards are fantastic, his weakness is decision making but still great none the less.

But that's a wingers primary job, it's to create chances for his respective team-mates, it has nothing to do with being a one-dimensional player, too. The added bonus in there is if that player is dynamic a la Nani and di Maria, two of the best wingers in the world. Fair enough regarding that comment because everyone has their personal preference, but Valencia is doing what he is effective at, and it's working effectively, so you can't really criticise him. As for Nani, you are certainly being harsh, maybe you're expecting more from him, but even then - you can't really call him "shite", can you? None of our players have been as prolific since the thrashing to Manchester City, however, to say he is a shadow of his former-self is exaggeration, to be honest.

You're seriously going to use that statistic to try and convince me, let alone any other member on here, that Gervinho has been better than Nani? Arsenal, yes, have struggled without Gervinho, but that doesn't equate to him being better than Nani, which is absurd to say the least.

From what I have seen this season, not only in the Premier League but across the globe, I can safely say that di Maria has been the best winger in the world, with Ribery, Bale and Nani following behind. The only problem for di Maria this season has been injuries, his progress has been hindered, but he has done a fantastic job by creating a lot of chances for his team-mates. Some Madridistas may not agree with me, but he has been Real Madrid's best player this season, once again, not that that matters to this discussion.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Gil wrote:Who said he was better than Silva? Laughing

I said he was performing better than Silva not that he was the better player.

Silva has been average at best for weeks now while Bale has been consistent throughout. I mean Silva hasn't even been the best player on his team ffs.

People were saying he was better than Iniesta only a few weeks ago. Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote: and alot more consistent but he still goes missing far too much for my liking, for example against City he was a complete and utter ghost before his goal.

Isn't that what great players do best though? Admittedly, he was shocking up until his goal but he so easily could have been the matchwinner at the end of the day had Defoe converted his cross.

Hmm, let's see, oh yeah, it was you. To refresh your memory, please look at page three of this thread before you embarrass yourself even further. :facepalm:
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next