The Franchise
Le Samourai
the xcx
Dnmac4
Gil
58 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? - Page 9 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by Albiceleste Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:39 am

hes too young and has too much invested in him to be another kaka

I think he'll adapt eventually and play to his standards again but I doubt he will ever perform like a "100m player"

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? - Page 9 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:23 am

RED wrote:
Lex wrote:The biggest con job since the Nintendo U-force
The world's most expensive player lol.

I said it from the start, and I still stand by it, this will turn out to be the biggest transfer flop in history.
But he's already paid himself off from shirt sales etc...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:30 am

something-red wrote:
RED wrote:

I said it from the start, and I still stand by it, this will turn out to be the biggest transfer flop in history.
But he's already paid himself off from shirt sales etc...
Utter BS. Shirt sales won' even cover his transfer fee for the next 15 years lol. I think BC?? posted the shirt sales of Madrid worldwide, lol at any complete fool that believes that shirt sale BS.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:33 am

I was acting like a Madrid fan fool.

That's all they talk about when they sign a player.

"Imagine the shirt sales if this goes through"
"Real Madrid is better than Barcelona in the commercial aspect"
"Messi doesn't sell shirts"
Or my personal favourite, "the price is irreverent he'll pay himself off by shirt sales".

Bale is A LITTLE better than Walcott. And again, that's only from this year in 2013 where Bale was in some good form. Go back to both the start of their careers to the end of 2012, and they were dead even, maybe Walcott was slightly better.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Funny how the only people who quote the shirt sales sentiment are those trying to mock Madrid fans. I've been a member of the forum since it was on goal.com and I'm yet to see a Madrid fan justify a player solely based on shirt sales.

Ultimately, the teams compete commercially as well as sportingly, so commercial success is as important as sporting success, which is not to say that it is a sufficient substitute. It is just a different measure. Comparing commercial success to sporting success is pure "apples and oranges" logic.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:14 pm

RED wrote:

RED wrote:Whoever is in doubt of this guy's talent as an elite player is the biggest hater in the world.

He will require the longest back massage in history for carrying his team the entire season.

Hopefully Spurs missing out on CL football means it opens the door for him to come to United.
RED wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:who in their right mind will pay 50mill for him :scratch:he should stay where he is a star
He is worth every penny of that. You are getting a world class 24 year old who has the potential to improve-which is hard to believe since he is already so good.

Plus, I doubt Bale would want to only compete for a top four spot every season. No disrespect to Spurs, but Bale belongs at an elite club.
From the "Cristiano Bale Appreciation thread"
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Albiceleste wrote:hes too young and has too much invested in him to be another kaka

I think he'll adapt eventually and play to his standards again but I doubt he will ever perform like a "100m player"
Abli, nothing related, but just curious what is your pic there? Looks cool, the guy with cop cars in the background, form a movie?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Albiceleste wrote:hes too young and has too much invested in him to be another kaka

Pretty much this
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:35 am

How about actually showing up and getting on the pitch? Maybe Bale should sell that Kaka villa he just bought.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:18 am

BarcaLearning wrote:

Abli, nothing related, but just curious what is your pic there? Looks cool, the guy with cop cars in the background, form a movie?
IT's from breakind bad. The last scene of one of the most epic serie tv i've seen. A must watch.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 am

Nivash wrote:Funny how the only people who quote the shirt sales sentiment are those trying to mock Madrid fans. I've been a member of the forum since it was on goal.com and I'm yet to see a Madrid fan justify a player solely based on shirt sales.

Ultimately, the teams compete commercially as well as sportingly, so commercial success is as important as sporting success, which is not to say that it is a sufficient substitute. It is just a different measure. Comparing commercial success to sporting success is pure "apples and oranges" logic.
Can't be bothered looking for it.

But there were HEAPS (more than 5) posters claiming Bale is a GOAT and that 100m is fine because they'll make the cash back from cash sales and he'll sell heaps commercially etc all on the back of 6 months worth of form.

Some even claimed he was more profitable than Messi. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Djcomplain Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am

something-red wrote:
Nivash wrote:Funny how the only people who quote the shirt sales sentiment are those trying to mock Madrid fans. I've been a member of the forum since it was on goal.com and I'm yet to see a Madrid fan justify a player solely based on shirt sales.

But there were HEAPS (more than 5) posters claiming Bale is a GOAT and that 100m is fine because they'll make the cash back from cash sales and he'll sell heaps commercially etc all on the back of 6 months worth of form.

Very Happy
Djcomplain
Djcomplain
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:31 pm

something-red wrote:

But the shirt sales aren't the only factor that is relied upon. He's a decent player (though not a 100m player), and he's bought because of a perceived status as one of the best young talents around (justified or not) who has yet to reach their peak (personally, I'm not a fan, and would have preferred that he didn't come, but it's not my opinion that matters). The shirt sales is more of a means to rationalise the price, not to justify it (which is also not to say that there aren't some who believe this, but they're in the minority amongst logical fans).

Madrid makes loads of money, so the prices we spend aren't really an issue (provided we carry on making loads of money). That we don't care about the prices spent does not equate to us agreeing with them. (I speak as a fully paid card carrying member, though I'm also aware that this same sentiment may not be shared by other Madrid fans). If we want a player, we do everything within our power to get them. If that means paying well over the odds to get them, that's just part of being a club that other clubs know has money.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 pm

shirt sales?

can someone post madrids actual shirt sales profit figure?

listening to this it must be 500b a year ffs

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Basque CM Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Fact of the matter is that purchasing Gareth Bale for that price is a travesty, purchasing him alone is a travesty for madrid.

Perez is a lunatic that has driven madrid into the ground as a football institution, who the hell cares about making profit and other blah blah blah with shirt sales if no significant trophies are won?

With the money madrid spent on bale they could have made much smarter purchases to make a balanced team.

When things go wrong like with Kaka, we can all see the true intelligence behind the running of madrid as a football club.

@ Nivash, how bout you stop trying to make sense of the purchase economically, and actually try to justify his purchase in a football aspect.

Perez is no idiot when it comes to $, if he thought there was too much of a risk in dat side, this plastic purchase would have never happened. Laughing

The Basque CM
The Basque CM
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 pm

^^ thing is no one here can actually justify it in a football aspect.
Because it never made sense.

Some will just say "madrid is the best club so we sign the best players or the best players are welcome"

But hey if he sells shirt... why not?
:facepalm:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Nivash wrote:
something-red wrote:

But the shirt sales aren't the only factor that is relied upon. He's a decent player (though not a 100m player), and he's bought because of a perceived status as one of the best young talents around (justified or not) who has yet to reach their peak (personally, I'm not a fan, and would have preferred that he didn't come, but it's not my opinion that matters). The shirt sales is more of a means to rationalise the price, not to justify it (which is also not to say that there aren't some who believe this, but they're in the minority amongst logical fans).

Madrid makes loads of money, so the prices we spend aren't really an issue (provided we carry on making loads of money). That we don't care about the prices spent does not equate to us agreeing with them. (I speak as a fully paid card carrying member, though I'm also aware that this same sentiment may not be shared by other Madrid fans). If we want a player, we do everything within our power to get them. If that means paying well over the odds to get them, that's just part of being a club that other clubs know has money.
I can't justify it sportingly, but again, it's not my opinion that matters.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Basque CM Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 pm

Actually opinions do matter, the Socios vote for their president, if i personally had a vote, i would not vote for him for presidency, despite what he might bring on the economic side, rather be  poor (not really the case though) and smart than rich and stupid.

@ That last paragraph you wrote, madrid should focus on making sensible purchases,  not spending because it can, you spend big when you know you are signing a reasonable choice, such as barca with neymar.

Bale=beckham=kaka.
The Basque CM
The Basque CM
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am

I think he'll be fine next year. the guy had zero summer activity
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9