The Franchise
Le Samourai
the xcx
Dnmac4
Gil
58 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? Empty How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by Gil Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:19 am

'Arry has given him a free role similar to Ronaldo's in his last year at United and he's been playing like a GOAT so far this season.

He's a bit of a one trick pony but his one trick is extremely effective.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 am

Yea, his one trick is awesome. I rate him very highly but I still cant get over the fact that he performs like the best player in the EPl one week and then the next week he's totally anonymous.

I can say the same exact thing for Nani although he is a little less of a one trick pony but I would put him on the same level as Nani with a higher cealing IMO.

I know I may get killed for saying this but I am 100% not trolling but I think Adam Johnson actually is a better footballer then Bale but he just isn't given the chance from Mancini.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Gareth Bale? Empty Re: How highly do you rate Gareth Bale?

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:35 am

I think the term of "How highly you rate someone" is becoming pretty popular, thanks to me.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 am

Adam Johnson is an amazing player........I would've killed for him instead of downing, i hope they put him on the market soon.Thay are being linked with Hazzard :facepalm:

On topic.....I still think If he learned to defend he'd have a higher ceiling as a fullback than as a winger.....he certainly has the lungs for it and it suits his attacking style more.

For me he's a top 10 winger in the world.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:33 am

He is strange.

Like the Chelsea game, he started off on fire, makes runs with the ball, setting up the goal and just blasting past everyone who stepped to him.

But then, after 20minutes or so, nothing. Waywood shots, players reading him and leaving him no space.

He is great in certain situations, really great, but his lack of all around consistency and general all around game make it hard to judge him.

My opinion isnt much different from dnmac really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:35 am

Best player in London?

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:38 am

No footballing brain
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:27 am

+
speed, youth, good shooting, decent passing

-
no defensive side to his game, frequent injuries, inconsistent
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 am

The xcx wrote:I think the term of "How highly you rate someone" is becoming pretty popular, thanks to me.
:lol!: want a cookie bro?

On topic: BaleGOAT :bow:

He's fast as fk and uses his speed well but can be somewhat of a headless chicken at times.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:07 pm

He probably needs to develop more in his all round game to be considered higher.

As ppl are talknig about Johnson, how about Milner? I think hes quite underrated by ppl, I mean, hes starting b4 Johnson usually and so he must be offering more overall than Johnson does and I think hes very good but not world class of cos...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:13 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Yea, his one trick is awesome. I rate him very highly but I still cant get over the fact that he performs like the best player in the EPl one week and then the next week he's totally anonymous.

I can say the same exact thing for Nani although he is a little less of a one trick pony but I would put him on the same level as Nani with a higher cealing IMO.

I know I may get killed for saying this but I am 100% not trolling but I think Adam Johnson actually is a better footballer then Bale but he just isn't given the chance from Mancini.

I agree with you AJ is a better footballer imo as well, but Bale has a manager with full confidence in him. I reckon Bale has a very high ceiling and on top of his game he is very hard to stop.

I do also think he is quite skilful, he has good feet and I dont think he really gets credit for this tbh, if he can just work on the consistency aspect of his game he can become WC because his delivery is top class and that is something that a lot of wingers are lacking in the modern game and he has this great shot along with the ability to get goals.

AJ on the other hand needs to leave MAn City if he wants to realise his potential imo. I get the feeling sometimes that Mancini doesnt even like him. To me he could be like the English Robben if he fulfilled all of his potential.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Used to love him... actually, I pretty much still do...
But he's incredibly overrated and is nowhere near the Messi/Ronaldo level that most premfaces will have you believe he's on.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Only Nani and Young are better wingers in the PL. Young hasn't done jack for quite a while though.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Extremely inconsistent, which doesn't sound like WC to me.

He seems to me like one of those "good in the PL, crap everywhere else" type of players.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Extremely inconsistent, which doesn't sound like WC to me.

He seems to me like one of those "good in the PL, crap everywhere else" type of players.

Unless it's vs Maicon Laughing
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:27 pm

i rate him from his hattrick against inter...

no no wait i rate him by his performance against ramos last yr where he got owned....

no no no wait i rate him according to his rumors joining barca :O
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Adam Johnson is an amazing player........I would've killed for him instead of downing, i hope they put him on the market soon.Thay are being linked with Hazzard :facepalm:

Yeah we tend to get linked with a lot of players when an agent wants to get the party started.

Hazard will be playing in Spain this time next year and hopefully Nathan Redmond is the winger we'll buy.

AJ is going nowhere.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 pm

He is the by far the best player in the world.

Spoiler:

P.S Abate made him disappear
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:05 pm

He has a better footballing brain than Walcott thats for sure :coffee: He's one of the best crossers in the world imo.He could join the elite if he scores more goals.

Also

Bale just only came back from injury in that game against Milan and he came on as a sub for the last 30 minutes plus Abate was in superb form.

The duel would be interesting if they face off each other now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 pm

The irony of people calling out "premfaces" for overhyping Gareth Average, when it's the non-PL fans, who watched that Inter game and nothing more, who are over-inflating his worth beyond belief is hilarious
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:He has a better footballing brain than Walcott thats for sure :coffee: He's one of the best crossers in the world imo.He could join the elite if he scores more goals.

Also

Bale just only came back from injury in that game against Milan and he came on as a sub for the last 30 minutes plus Abate was in superb form.

Actually no, Bale came on for a whole 2nd half against Fulham before the game last year and was only injured for a week along with the fact that Milan and Abate himself were in the worst form of the whole year around this time.

And Walcott has greatly improved along with his footballing brain.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Lex wrote:The irony of people calling out "premfaces" for overhyping Gareth Average, when it's the non-PL fans, who watched that Inter game and nothing more, who are over-inflating his worth beyond belief is hilarious

No.i watch the Premier League often and i always rated Bale highly ever since he performed brilliantly in the back to back london derbies two years ago.

So yeah i am making a judgement by watching him in a lot of games.

Arquitecto wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:He has a better footballing brain than Walcott thats for sure :coffee: He's one of the best crossers in the world imo.He could join the elite if he scores more goals.

Also

Actually no, Bale came on for a whole 2nd half against Fulham before the game last year and was only injured for a week along with the fact that Milan and Abate himself were in the worst form of the whole year around this time.

And Walcott has greatly improved along with his footballing brain.

But he was still coming back from injury no ?

He hardly took part in that game against Milan so i dont know how you can pass a judgement `after seeing each other face-off for just under 30 damn mins.

Abate throughout the season consistently showed great form.You are just giving an argument to suit your ways.It is as clear as.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Sometimes I wonder who are the ones that have only seen Bale play vs Inter. hmm
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Not really if you wouldn't take my argument so seriously. I guess you didn't consider Bale's immense form within the time along with the fact that a weeks injury followed by playing a whole half (in the PL) followed by his minutes against Milan isn't really one to be taken into account that "he was coming back from injury" considering he only had back pains at the time and was out for less then a week.

Point is Abate didn't just subdue him, he made it look as if Bale did not exist on the pitch.

Plus my post wasn't meant to be taken so seriously.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Scored his tenth PL goal the other day. Finally living up to the hype?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next