Red Alert
Nishankly
mr-r34
Arquitecto
8 posters

Go down

Liverpool Squander New Adidas Deal Empty Liverpool Squander New Adidas Deal

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:21 am

Liverpool's decision to sign a club record £25 million contract with Warrior Sports came after talks over an extension of their current deal with Adidas collapsed due to unrealistic demands from the club, Adidas has claimed.

The existing agreement between Liverpool and Adidas expires at the end of this season. Talks took place over an extension, but it was claimed technicalities relating to merchandise prompted a parting of ways.

However, Adidas claim the truth is Liverpool were demanding too much money relating to the team's on-field performance. The Reds have not won a major trophy since 2006, and they are currently seventh in the Premier League table following their seventh home draw of the season.

"The gap between their performance on the field and what the number should be is not in balance," Herbert Hainer, Adidas's chief executive officer, said in the Telegraph.

"Then we said, 'OK we will not do it'. That's the end of the story. It all depends on the success and the effort and the popularity, the exposure on TV, revenue you can generate by merchandising,.

"This all has to be brought in line between what you offer and what you get. We thought that what Liverpool were asking and what they were delivering was not in the right balance."

Liverpool's subsequent six-year deal with Boston-based Warrior Sports is worth £25 million, a figure that is reportedly almost double what the Reds earned from Adidas.
________________________________________________________________________________

Quite humiliating for Liverpool to be rejected like this.

I think some of you know my views on this as I was always in favor of us sticking to the Adidas simply because I am a huge fan of the merchandise they produce for us and that their quality does transcend to customers.

You may also know I was never a fan whatever I saw from Warrior Sports simply because I felt their other sporting merchandise looked like something out of a local basque tienda.

And I do want my clubs jerseys looking top class.

But in respect to Red who scolded me for jumping early on the gun, I will only wait to see how Warrior Sports will produce in terms of their quality and attractiveness as I'm sure they'll step it up when it comes to making Liverpool products.

Plus the bright side is that the organization is getting payed TWICE as much as what we were getting than with Adidas.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool Squander New Adidas Deal Empty Re: Liverpool Squander New Adidas Deal

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 am

Couldnt give a rats arse how o0ur jersey looks, if its got the crest im fine, and if were getting payed double we would be silly to walk away from it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:05 am

Not gonna get Lfc shirts in India now Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:30 pm

We left them Arq. We asked for 15m every year, Adidas said no and said we wouldn't get anything better than 13, so we left them and signed with Warrior for 25m a year. =D

@ Nishank: eBay? ;o
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:19 am

ynwa wrote:
@ Nishank: eBay? ;o

Would work, But i want thrill of driving to get oneeeee :O
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Well, as long as Warrior are good for it, I've got no trouble with this. After all, it's just shirts, how hard can it be?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:24 pm

A lot of people worry that Warrior design kits will not look classy enough for Liverpool. But it's the club (management) that will approve the design. So as long as we don't have village-idiots running our brands department, Warrior kits should be OK.

Another thing, if they can pay £25 million a year, they must have very robust earnings. Some thing you can't do with crappy products.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:51 am

The Warrior deal gives the club far more money and far more control over both merchandising rights and kit design... I fail to see how this is a mistake or embarrassment on the side of the club.

Liverpool did not "squander" anything... adidas did. Especially if the club grow as the owners wish for it to.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:26 am

RedOranje wrote:The Warrior deal gives the club far more money and far more control over both merchandising rights and kit design... I fail to see how this is a mistake or embarrassment on the side of the club.

Liverpool did not "squander" anything... adidas did. Especially if the club grow as the owners wish for it to.

You've mistaken me here, and I've already acknowledged the substantial benefits gained from this bountiful deal.

My mistake was misunderstanding the context of the deal as ynwa already corrected me on its proceedings. I had the idea Liverpool took this as an alternative. The way I comprehended it was that Liverpool made demands with Adidas in the intention of signing, yet were rejected due to our performances this season.

Coming back to the point that I was corrected by ynwa, I realized that Liverpool simply wanted extract as much as they could from Adidas and to see if it could match around what WS was offering, as obviously that wasn't the case and I realized the club were only weighing there options to put it simply.

So yes they did not sqaunder or be humiliated as I shortly realized that the loss is actually greater for Adidas as they clearly were more eager for the deal. Comprehension mistake on my part.

Although I do prefer (on a purely aesthetic note) Adidas, I personally noted already that Warrior will probably impress due to the fact that we have a more exclusive deal with them than we did with Adidas as this is a positive for obvious reasons.

Top 3 biggest kit deal in the world.
1.FC Barcelona.(Nike,£26.6m per year).
2.Liverpool FC.(Warrior Sport,£25m per year).
3.Man United.( Nike,£23m per year)

This is another reason we can be positive about how the WS deal can financially augment the club in comparison to the rather average amount Adidas was offering and especially compared to WS.

But keep in mind I just want the Liverpool shirt to be represented in the most optimum of quality Smile

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Although I do prefer (on a purely aesthetic note) Adidas, I personally noted already that Warrior will probably impress due to the fact that we have a more exclusive deal with them than we did with Adidas as this is a positive for obvious reasons.

Top 3 biggest kit deal in the world.
1.FC Barcelona.(Nike,£26.6m per year).
2.Liverpool FC.(Warrior Sport,£25m per year).
3.Man United.( Nike,£23m per year)

This is another reason we can be positive about how the WS deal can financially augment the club in comparison to the rather average amount Adidas was offering and especially compared to WS.

But keep in mind I just want the Liverpool shirt to be represented in the most optimum of quality Smile

I understand what you mean here. I also like the quality and design of Addidas products, as well as their reputation as one of the sports leading manufacturers in many areas. I know Red disagrees with me, but I absolutely love the home kit design from the last 2 years. I was initially a little skeptical about the Warrior deal, but after seeing the details and understanding that we are their NUMBER 1 club it is suddenly more attractive. As for Warrior itself, I cannot speak to the quality of their products, but I know that their parent company (New Balance) are no slouch when it comes to quality. Moreover, if the club have a say in the kit design, I can't see how this is a bad deal for the club, its reputation or its supporters. I can't wait to see the new kits when they come out, around June-ish.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down