Isn't Marcelo too good to be a back up ??

+12
VanDeezNuts
huntsman
Adit
EarlyPrototype
II Capitano
halamadrid2
Pedram
Mamad
guest7
Potential
Ganso
LeBéninois
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Isn't Marcelo too good to be a back up ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't Marcelo too good to be a back up ??

Post by Ganso Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Yes,you guys really dont need creativity.

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Isn't Marcelo too good to be a back up ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't Marcelo too good to be a back up ??

Post by huntsman Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:19 pm

I would stick to Coentrao. Let Ronaldo, and the others score. We're already conceding too many goals due to defensive errors; imagine what the situation would be like, should Marcelo play. A bonanza to all other teams.

He's cute and funny and stuff, i know, i dont really hate him, but we need to win some major trophies and there's no room for mistakes. Besides, he should lose alot of weight.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:25 pm

I like Coentrao but Marcelo is a better player. and he is not that bad in defending. he is getting better. yeah still must be better but he is much better than 2 season ago.

It's funny how people forget Pepe, Ramos and other defenders mistakes but if Marcelo make a mistake world will end for him.

in last few games we also conceded goals with Coentrao in defence. Marcelo isn't the problem.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Exactly, and people are trying to say that Coentrao is a better defender. He may be better at one-on-one, but certainly isn't the better defender. Some of the comments are laughable.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:11 pm

the better question would be isnt coentrao too good to be back up?

-and i dont mean to imply that coentrao is better than marcelo, i think marcelo is better overall i just mean to say what is the reason for signing coentrao for that price? we now have 2 of the best young LBs in the world for 1 spot which marcelo has clearly won out.

i wouldnt even say marcelo is out of form, he was fantastic against racing, but he gained weight over the holiday break and it was obvious he had slowed down as a result. he looks better now though so i expect to see him start again. most likely against rayo tomorrow.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Marcelo is over all better player but that doenst mean he is great at every thing he does.He is a inferior defender to Coentrao.

Marcelo is not only inferior as a defender but he also lacks effort as a defender (see valencia 2nd goal and athletic bilbao first and countless many goals.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:27 am

Marcelo has gotten fat.....He needs to lost a couple of pounds, but I'm not worried about him losing his spot to Fabio, he's clearly the better player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:17 am

It was a really good decision to buy Coentrao, imo. Firstly, it provides amazing cover for the LB position. Both Coentrao and Marcelo are amazing players, so when Marcelo gets injured, his presence wont be missed too much. Imagine if you didnt have coentrao, and Marcelo got injured. You would have to play Arbeola as LB and Ramos as RB, which would be disastrous for you defence since you lose so much of your efficiency. Secondly, Marcelo didnt have any natural competiton in the team, so having Coentrao gives him an incentive to perform better. I think Marcelo and Coentrao are in a similar position like Benz/Higuaian as in they are in rotation which is great for you guys. Lastly, Coentrao is a different kind of LB compared to Marcelo who is obviously more skillful and is comfortably the better finisher. But Coentrao doesnt overcommit in attack, he knows his limitation and isnt caught out of position too much.

Overpaid for Coentrao? Sure. But he is a quality player to have. He provides so much versatility, its quite incredible.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:57 am

Just worked out how many goals we, Real Madrid, has conceded with each player on the field.

While Coentrao has been on the field we have conceded 18 goals in his 18 appearances, an average of 1 goal per game.

With Marcelo we have conceded 19 goals in his 23 appearances or 0.82 goals per game

I guess Coentrao really doesn't make that much of a difference after all.....

Not to mention the added benefits Marcelo brings in attack........

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:11 am

How is this goal conceded statistics proves anything?

How many were Coentrao mistakes and how many were Marcelos?

Coentrao has played all the game against Barcelona were we conceded lot of goals.

Last time i checked Marcelo was one of the most dribbled player in la liga.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 am

Adit wrote:How is this goal conceded statistics proves anything?

How many were Coentrao mistakes and how many were Marcelos?

Coentrao has played all the game against Barcelona were we conceded lot of goals.

Last time i checked Marcelo was one of the most dribbled player in la liga.

Marcelo has played 3 el clasicos this season. Coentrao has played 2 Laughing

EDIT: nvm I forgot Coentrao played RB in 3-1, so they both have played 3
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:26 am

Pretty sure Coentrao has played more minutes in clasico even if you are avoiding Supercup.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:32 am

La Liga only:

In 9 apps Coentrao has been dribbled 9 times

In 2 of these he played DM

The opposition he played against at fullback:

Real Sociedad
Osasuna
Gijon
Barca
Mallorca
Getafe
Levante

I don't think I even need to tell you what teams Marcelo has played against in La Liga but I can tell you right now it's been way tougher opposition, yet we concede more with Coentrao Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 am

Marcelo needs to play as RM in di maria positon from time to time, to get used to that positon and provide cover in attack and LB, callejon is useless in everything else then scoring. we need a player who can dribble and marcelo can be a good rotation player there (parhaps a starter too).

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 am

How is 'coneding more' coentrao's fault?

Mgladbache conceded least in europe,does that mean their GK is better than iker?

This conceding statistics means bull at all.

Marcelo has been getting raped left and right in all big games too.

valencia performance :facepalm:

Bilbao lazy ass performance :facepalm:

Navas raping Marcelo :facepalm:

Top 5 most dribbled player in la liga :facepalm:

Are you really gona argue that Marcelo is better defender than Coentrao or what?

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 am

Adit wrote:How is 'coneding more' coentrao's fault?

Mgladbache conceded least in europe,does that mean their GK is better than iker?

Are you really gona argue that Marcelo is better defender than Coentrao or what?

You do know Marcelo played the Valencia game injured? (I'm sure you do, almost everyone knew it)

Bilbao's performance wasn't bad. He was lazy at the 1st goal but he played good in that game, even scored. Nice of you to add that in there becouse he has only had 2 bad games this season and 1 was when he was injured. Laughing

What games did he get big games did he get raped?

Mind to be reminded of the Iniesta rapeage at Coentrao? Anyways I don't like putting up examples that show bad performances of our players just to make another one look better, but he hasn't been shining bright everygame. If the linesmen weren't uttershit in El Clasico, we would have been conceding alot more thanks to Blondie Rolling Eyes
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 am

Its horde of bullshit excuses Laughing

Blbao game he got raped defensively and lacked effort and was lazy..

Valencia game :facepalm:,dont even want to remember that horror show.

Its funny you avoided the Seville game where Navas did his yearly raping to Marcelo.

And countless many more games..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:52 am

Oh like Marcelo has been dealing with all things Barca put against him Laughing

PS-i forgot LASS of Rayo ripping Marcelo a new one early this season...countless many games Laughing

He is terrible dealing with skillfull players,its not even up for debate.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:59 am

Adit wrote:How is 'coneding more' coentrao's fault?

The whole excuse was us conceding more goals with Marcelo on the field compared to Coentrao because of Coentrao's elite defending, I was just proving that was false.

Which I did quite effectively.

The point is we always play better with Marcelo. I guarantee you if Marcelo was fit and had played against CSKA we would of scored much more goals.

Coentrao was useless.

Marcelo when fit destroys Coentrao in almost every department while playing much further up the field.

Coentrao plays much deeper in the traditional LB role, offers little to nothing going forward and does not get involved the play as much as Marcelo and yet Marcelo still is better.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:02 am

Not defending Sevilla game = Ignoring it scratch :lol!:

Bilbao got raped defensively = 1 goal and scored 1 too immedietly after. jog on son WHILE being out of form (in a game he wasnt even raped but w/e to please you)

Marcelo's best appearence in Clasico > Coentrao's best

Maybe you should rewatch Marcelo's past clasicos, you seem to forgotten how he got us a penelty that equalized in the 1-1 and helped Di Maria assist the cross in 1-0 CDR, which imo were Marcelo's 2 best games in Clasico's so far and he was fantastic attacking and defensively.

Let's not forget, in 2011 in the 4 clasicos = 1 goal, 1 assist (penelty) and helped Di Maria assist the winner.

Here you go, let me remind you:

Did 1 mistake and let's not forget in these games we had fricking RAUL ALBIOL in the defence becouse Pepe was at mid
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:13 am

Crimson wrote:

The whole excuse was us conceding more goals with Marcelo on the field compared to Coentrao because of Coentrao's elite defending, I was just proving that was false.

Never said we concededes more goals when Marcelo play,and these goal conceded never gives us a clear picture about who is better at defending.

Which I did quite effectively.
see above

The point is we always play better with Marcelo. I guarantee you if Marcelo was fit and had played against CSKA we would of scored much more goals.
thats true,we play better with Marcelo.But that doesnt prevent this Fancelo's frm overrating him to max and make him a perfect defender in the world,which he isnt frankly.

Coentrao was useless.
Our entire team played shift in those condition,coentrao did well imo.

Marcelo when fit destroys Coentrao in almost every department while playing much further up the field.
bunch of delusion.

'Marcelo destroys him in every department' are you serious or pure lack of knowledge?

Coentrao plays much deeper in the traditional LB role, offers little to nothing going forward and does not get involved the play as much as Marcelo and yet Marcelo still is better.

Disagree,coentrao does offers offensively,may be not as much as Marcelo but that doesn mean he is terrible going forward.

Who assisted Higuain against soceidad for the winning goal?

None is comparing him to marcelo at going forward.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:20 am

Se7en wrote:Not defending Sevilla game = Ignoring it scratch :lol!:
You said Marcelo was only terrible in 2 big games.Which gives us a picture that you ignored navas raping him.

Valencia,Bilbao,Seville thats three...

Bilbao got raped defensively = 1 goal and scored 1 too immedietly after. jog on son WHILE being out of form (in a game he wasnt even raped but w/e to please you)

'while being off form' Laughing

how am i gonna react to such an excuse?

Marcelo's best appearence in Clasico > Coentrao's best

we played our best game against them in the 2-2 clasico in camp nou in super copa.Guess who played LB that game and who was on bench. Laughing

Maybe you should rewatch Marcelo's past clasicos, you seem to forgotten how he got us a penelty that equalized in the 1-1 and helped Di Maria assist the cross in 1-0 CDR, which imo were Marcelo's 2 best games in Clasico's so far and he was fantastic attacking and defensively.

May be you should bring proofs that suggest Marcelo is great defensively than bringing his attacking points which i never questioned.

Let's not forget, in 2011 in the 4 clasicos = 1 goal, 1 assist (penelty) and helped Di Maria assist the winner.

See above

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:24 am

Fancelo's need to get a grip and stop portraying him as next Maldini .

Frankly he is a terrible defender against skillfull player and he showcased lack of effort in many games.

And im all for Marcelo starting but this overrating need to be stopped.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 am

Adit wrote:Fancelo's need to get a grip and stop portraying him as next Maldini .

Frankly he is a terrible defender against skillfull player and he showcased lack of effort in many games.

And im all for Marcelo starting but this overrating need to be stopped.

Never said he was the next Maldini and maybe you should learn to read instead of misquoting or making up bs like you seem to be. We are simply saying he is a much better option than Coentrao. Which he is.

I said "almost" every department, which Marcelo is.

Maybe you should learn to read.....

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 am

You said Marcelo was only terrible in 2 big games.Which gives us a picture that you ignored navas raping him.
Bilbao's performance wasn't bad. He was lazy at the 1st goal but he played good in that game, even scored.

What's up son? Did you lose your ability to read? "Wasn't bad" AKA WAS NOT BAD

'while being off form' Laughing

how am i gonna react to such an excuse?

Are you actually serious? Becouse he was obviously in the right fitness, and obviously looked like he had the same pace he used to have :facepalm:

we played our best game against them in the 2-2 clasico in camp nou in super copa.Guess who played LB that game and who was on bench.

:facepalm: Our best game BY FAR was the Santiago Bernabeu game in SuperCopa. We attacked, and they had 2 shots on goal and we had many more. Completly dominated and if we had finished our chances we would have humiliated them. Guess who was at the bench at that game... Also, I said Marcelo's APPEARENCE > Coentrao's. That means Marcelo has performed better...

May be you should bring proofs that suggest Marcelo is great defensively than bringing his attacking points which i never questioned.

What proof do you want? I posted a Youtube vid... Want me to post statistics? I can do that aswell. Want to see the whole game? Then please do, you clearly need to see it again...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 am

You are just stating Bilbao performance wasnt bad Laughing

He was literally gave a free goal for their opener,what do you call by terrible game ? Marcelo scoring 4 own goals?

Your laughable 'out off form' excuse is getting hilarious and this excuse is not gonna help your arguments.. Laughing

No i made a spell mistake there,it is 2-2 at Nou camp in Copa del rey.

Super copa? i dont even count that as a competitive match.

You tube video proves squat.I have seen pedro running behind and scoring countless goals,afellay raping to assist,alves making tons of assists,Marcelo having terrible blocking technique results in goals and Marcelo standing there like a traffic coon etc etc..

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next