:{Mr.Mustachio!
DV7
messixaviesta
Albiceleste
Khaled
62 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 17 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by eelir Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 pm

I'd take Alexis of this season to Pedro of this season any time. As i said i did not watch the Ajax game, but he was clearly outperforming Pedro this season. But, I hope he can keep it up though.

eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 17 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 pm

pedro almost conceded a goal by losing the ball.. that was his highlight. free your hate is disgusting bro. sanchez has been fantastic so far
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 am

Fantastic is stretching it. He's been pretty good, and he's outperformed Pedro so far. That's what I would say.

Hope he keeps it up.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:40 am

I would only sell Alexis if Pedro goes first and on top of that, two more things happen.

1. Deulofeu returns

2. We sign someone on the right who makes equally good off ball runs and defensive contributions but has more quality on the ball. Open to hearing suggestions on that player but I have none that come to mind right now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Marco Reus.

Plus he is tall and can help a little bit in set pieces defending.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:03 pm

ohhhh, I'd take Reus with eyes closed.
Him and a random CB
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:48 pm

I can guarantee that Reus wont work any better than Alexis. He thrives due to Dortmund's counter attacking set up. Ask him to face parked buses and play our slow indirect game and he will struggle.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Never seen Reus on the right tbh so I can't comment.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:03 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I can guarantee that Reus wont work any better than Alexis. He thrives due to Dortmund's counter attacking set up. Ask him to face parked buses and play our slow indirect game and he will struggle.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. There's different qualities required depending on if you're in possession or on the counter. Alexis is good on the counter, he's bad in possession. We do need a player who's good on the counter but most of the time we're in possession. During that, he's dead wood. I believe Alexis could be a fantastic sub for when we need to give up some control and go direct. As long as we stick to tiki-taka tho, he's a colossal waste of a starting spot.

Seeing the direction Tata is heading however, this might not be the case for much longer.

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah, not sure on Reus.

First of all, as already said he thrives right now in the Dortmund team which presses and attacks directly. But against teams that sit back and defend, Dortmund already have problems and I fear so would he for us in those situations. Basically what Alex already said. Also, never seen him on the right and have no idea what it will mean to him no longer able to come toward goal on his strong foot.

Maybe he would do better than Alexis, maybe...but for 35m+, not THAT much better im sure.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:42 am

It doesn't matter that Reus plays in a counter attacking system. He would do well for us because he can also work well in tight spaces, unlike alexis he can keep the ball well, and would finish the chances that Alexis misses. Plus, he would help a lot in set pieces. We should always have at least 4 1,80+ guys on the pitch and he would be one of them.

If not Reus, we could get Draxler who is a superior player technically but doesn't fit other requirements like defending and lot off the ball movement.

And finally we could use Deulofeu if he can improve his stamina and attitude he won't be very different from Reus.

And obviously we should not sell Pedro before Alexis in any case. Pedro has proved to be the better player for us even if he is now in a worse form, he is home grown, young and has a lower market value than Alexis.

Last edited by free_cat on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:52 am

Well I feel like, if we want to be better at set peices we should start by having a centerback, leftback and a midfielder with some size. I dont really expect it out of a forward, though obviously its a welcome bonus.

Im not sure about Reus, for the stuff I mentioned. Maybe you are correct and he would well, but do 35m (or whatever he costs) better than Pedro or Alexis, I am find it hard to believe. An upgrade probably but how much so I am not convinced about.

And dont agree about Pedro, but we been here and done that already.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:56 am

Alexis costed 40 milion. Sell him, put 10 more and you have Reus.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:57 am

Sell him for what and to who?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:05 pm

If he is such a good player that is miles ahead to current Spain's NT best forward Pedro we will have enough people wanting to buy him and pay.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Hes not miles ahead, he has just performed better this season.

And Pedro is not the best anything for Spain, he played like 3-4 good games and mostly rubbish opponents?

Hardly note worthy.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Stejo wrote:As long as we stick to tiki-taka tho, he's a colossal waste of a starting spot.

Seeing the direction Tata is heading however, this might not be the case for much longer.
Don't understand at all why people are saying we will no longer play tiki-taka.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stejo Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:33 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Stejo wrote:As long as we stick to tiki-taka tho, he's a colossal waste of a starting spot.

Don't understand at all why people are saying we will no longer play tiki-taka.
Did you watch tonight's game? xD

Stejo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:26 pm

danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:30 pm

Alexis had a great international week
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:30 am

free_cat wrote:If he is such a good player that is miles ahead to current Spain's NT best forward Pedro we will have enough people wanting to buy him and pay.
Considering that Spain wants to call up a foreigner for that position, it aint really an impressive feat to be the best foward for the spanish NT..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:56 pm

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 17 Sanchez%20goal%20Madrid

Goal of his career.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm

This goes straight to my sig Very Happy
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Great goal his 3rd against Real Madrid!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:56 pm

After that goal Camp Nou was all : Alexis maravilla

Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Sanchez 2-0 England @ Wembley

Chile as a team played really well.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next