Red Alert
Art Morte
RedOranje
Le Samourai
Charrua
25 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by Red Alert Sat 21 Dec 2013 - 15:45

McAgger wrote:I saw what you did there with the Sterling thread Razz

You saw nothing.  Twisted Evil 

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson - Page 4 Empty Re: Forest Gump || Jordan Henderson

Post by mr-r34 Mon 23 Dec 2013 - 6:50

Remember the rumors of henderson for dempsey, just dawned on me today, how bad we could of stuffed up. lol :brickwall: :brickwall: 
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 23 Dec 2013 - 7:27

That wasn't even a rumour. :facepalm:

Ridiculous. Glad Hendo rejected them both for his own sake, and for Liverpool...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 7:49

If this man adds goals to his name I think I'll put him as England's "next" big midfielder after Gerrard. All signs pointed towards Jack Wilshere, and he definitely is more talented than Henderson but talent can only take you so far.

Henderson has grown in the last year or so to around the same level and look's like he can eclipse him, so long as he can get an end product. I think a main factor to his rapid improvement is his attitude and professionalism.

What are your thoughts? I would of got murdered if I put this in the general section so I decided to leave this in the Liverpool section. Thumbs up
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 8:57

He was wasted on the wings. The moment he was moved to central (CM/AM) position he blossomed and contributed immensely for the team. He reminds me of Kuyt. An unfashionable work-horse. I have mentioned before (more than once) that his passing and shooting needs improvement. He is 23 and there's another couple of years to develop. With proper training and peer-mentoring, he can be an awesome player.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 9:31

His passing is fine imo, it's just he can lack composure at times.

Once he overcomes the fear of failure he'll start doing better. It's his finishing that needs A LOT of improvement.

He can play a role on the wing IF NEEDED (aka back-up for Sterling or something) as he does a decent job, but he's a lot more efficient/effective in the middle of the pitch.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 12:10

I, too, think his passing is fine. He even has an eye for key passes, so it's not just passing it about in midfield. He's got six assists in the league, according to Fantasy stats, and that's not bad at all for a CM. For instance, Yaya Toure and Oscar have four. In fact, only 5 midfielders in the league have more than 6 assists: Gerrard, Özil, Hazard, Lallana and Silva. Garrick and Cleverley have nil.

This guy is a fantastic player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 12:17

I think Henderson's passing is underrated, off course he is not a flashy player to dribble or run with the ball like Toure but with simple but fast football he catches the oppposite team off guard. As Arty already said, I think all of Hendo's assists are from open play and from set pieces like few othre players listed there, the most important thing about that list are all of them play permemnantly in attacking positions where as Hendo keep on changing the positions to adjust for the team and also does much more work defensively. Not saying Hendo is better than anyone because he is not.

I do not expect him to improve techincally at this age but I agree with RA that he needs to have more belief in himself with the ball and a little more composure, I will bet on pounds that from next season he will start scoring more goals.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 12:28

His passing is fine imo,
I, too, think his passing is fine.
I think Henderson's passing is underrated,

Is this the best he can do or we expect of him!!! He can become a truly awesome player and must improve his passing (along with other aspects of his game) and he has got time to do that.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 12:32

Ifti, I dont know what you mean by his passing, his passing is fine...I think you mean his technical ability on the ball, I think he has it, he just has to be less afraid and have more belief in himself and he will become one of the best players for us after SAS

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 13:08

Maybe Ifty is left wanting for some Coutinho-esque passes from Henderson Razz

Of course it'd be awesome if Henderson had an even better passing vision and ability, but I'm totally fine with him as it is.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 16:36

Henderson has been one of the most important players for this team this year. I may be a bit biased, as he is my favourite player, but truthfully the work he has put in to improve himself has paid dividends.

Not sure what the issue is with his passing...of all our regulars he makes the 2nd most passes per game (53.9 to Gerrard's 61.6) and has the highest passing percentage (86.7 to Gerrard's 85.4). He is only behind Gerrard in the midfield for key passes per game (1.8 to 2.3...tied with Coutinho) and has the 2nd most longballs on target on the team per game (4.1 to Gerrard's 6.9) however, his longball accuracy is 87% compared to Gerrard's 73%!

More than just his technical ability and passing he brings an engine that, IMO, isn't matched on the team. His drive to win and tenacity on the field are irreplaceable and a big part of the leadership now. The way he patrols the midfield and the pressure he puts on the other team is essential to the way that Liverpool plays under Rodgers.

Would I love it if he improved a bit on his crossing and finishing? Absolutely, but that would probably make him one of the best midfielders in the world. I also wouldn't put it past him...Ronaldo got where he is because of his insane work ethic and many similar things were said about him at Man U.

Henderson is a gem and is hopefully in Liverpool for a long, long time.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 17:28

Hendo is amazing off the ball. If you just look at off the ball movement and work ethic, both defensively and offensively, is some of the best in the world. And I'm not even exaggerating. Also his desire and passion is unrelenting. His mentality is very positive and strong.

However, Hendo is far from decent on the ball. Think that's his biggest flaw. His passing is fine, in fact very good for an British player. It's his touch, dribbling and ball control that he's most in need of improvement.

But nevertheless, he's a fantastic player who is still very young and has room for improvement. Think he will be our captain in the future.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 20 Feb 2014 - 6:38

^ He's no longer a "very young" player tbh.

Enough about his passing ffs, answer the question. Henderson or Wilshere. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 20 Feb 2014 - 21:19

Red Alert wrote:^ He's no longer a "very young" player tbh.

IMO Henderson is better, and is rated better so far this year:

Jordan Henderson

Jack Wilshere
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 20 Feb 2014 - 21:48

Red Alert wrote:^ He's no longer a "very young" player tbh.

Henderson for me, but that's a totally unbiased answer. Trying to think objectively, I'm not able to make my mind up. Gut says Henderson, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri 21 Feb 2014 - 5:51

So I'm not the only one. hmm

Hopefully he establishes himself as the best England midfielder in the future. Gerrard and Lampard won't stay around forever, and Milner has somewhat stagnated at City. Again, I like Wilshere but it's just his attitude hasn't looked the best, he hasn't really shown much improvement.

EDIT: Forgot about Barkley... damn.

Last edited by Red Alert on Fri 21 Feb 2014 - 14:31; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri 21 Feb 2014 - 14:30

If Henderson works on his composure a bit and his finishing he could be a top midfielder in the world, and the #1 for England, IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 14:09

Bendan in interview wrote:"He showed great leadership, you could see him driving the team on," said Rodgers.

"The first goal was outstanding, and we've been talking to him about getting up there because in training his finishing is sublime.

"But what was really pleasing was his second. We're telling him to arrive in the box because he's got the legs and the energy to do it.

"That's where his goal came from; there was a terrific reaction save from his first attempt and he followed it in. It was a really important finish for us."
:coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 14:58

Henderson was top class yesterday -- he continues to improve, and if he can translate his out of game talent (as we've all seen enough of in videos and reports) he will be a top midfielder in the league. I hope he stays at Anfield forever and is our next captain...he has all the makings of it.

I really just think it's a matter of composure. He's still young, and I'm sure that he's still trying very hard to do certain things he feels are expected of him and as a result his composure isn't the greatest yet (although yesterday he really came through).

Hats off from me.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 15:03

Henderson :bow:

I hope his terrific brace from yesterday gives him confidence to start looking for more opportunities to score.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 15:18

well he needs to be more commanding to get on the ball, specially from Suarez, I think whenever Suarez has the ball in the box with srrounded by 3-4 players, our midfielders always have loads of space to take good shots

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon 24 Feb 2014 - 17:21

Man I love Hendo so much. The guy is going to be our captain in the future I have no doubts about that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 2:24

I liked Hendo's 2nd goal more than his first, a brilliant finish compared to a tap in, you would think i went crazy, but the ambition to find scraps and make sure he can get on the end of some lose balls as a midfielder is something we need.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 2:35

mr-r34 wrote:I liked Hendo's 2nd goal more than his first, a brilliant finish compared to a tap in, you would think i went crazy, but the ambition to find scraps and make sure he can get on the end of some lose balls as a midfielder is something we need.

Well considering his 2nd goal was the winner, I think everyone liked Hendo's 2nd goal more than the first.  cheers 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 2:36

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Bendan in interview wrote:"He showed great leadership, you could see him driving the team on," said Rodgers.

"The first goal was outstanding, and we've been talking to him about getting up there because in training his finishing is sublime.

"But what was really pleasing was his second. We're telling him to arrive in the box because he's got the legs and the energy to do it.

"That's where his goal came from; there was a terrific reaction save from his first attempt and he followed it in. It was a really important finish for us."
:coffee:

I've been saying it the whole time.

He lacks bottle/composure. Once he overcomes it, he'll be okay. He won't be a Lampard 20+ goal scorer a year, but he'll score around 10 which will still be huge as SAS will continue to score, and Raheem's SLOWLY getting an end product too.  Very Happy 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next