If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw

+52
halamadrid2
Clockwork Orange
billionmillion
Kingofeverythingclassy
yoonie
pewpew
gondov
Ganso
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
rsinatra
Yeezus
izzy
BAYERN_MUNICH
VivaStPauli
vivabarca38
guest7
jibers
Mr Nick09
_LMG_10_
BarcaLearning
ronalessi
Rebaño Sagrado
Albiceleste
kiranr
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
free_cat
Le Samourai
rwo power
Dante
The Messiah
Potential
aford92
Doc
juventus101
zarola
Zealous
JAY-Z
The Franchise
leemhuis
Raptorgunner
RED
matpol
Pedram
S
Toffer Harley
la bestia negra
Sushi Master
LeVersacci
Lord Hades
JamesNigeria
56 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw - Page 2 Empty Re: If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:01 am

Any team still in the comp can win it. (Yes even APOEL eco smile)

Bayern are a good side. They would have their hands full if they were to draw the Cules. However them winning is possible, more possible than some would expect.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw - Page 2 Empty Re: If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw

Post by Dante Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:04 am

aford92 wrote:I'm a little confused here. How the hell are Bayern better than Real? For me the best 2 teams in the world are Barca and Real and it's not debatable. What did Bayern do to warrant being the 2nd best team in the world?

Real are 10 points clear of Barca in the best league in the world whilst Bayern aren't even top of the Bundesliga so how are Bayern better?

I am not quite sure if Bayern are better than Real , but they deserve the comparison . Bayern with Robbery fit and ready , always play with great pace and rythm , which frankly very few teams can cope with .

On their day , they can harm Real , like Real can do the same to them . It's difficult to say who's best , despite league standings , considering both teams have great qualities.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:05 am

aford92 wrote:How is it not the best? What league is better?
EPL is. Don't you listen to the adverts on the English TV? Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 am

rwo power wrote:

Lol, I am English. If an Englishmen is telling you that La Liga is better than the EPL then it is. Razz

Last edited by aford92 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09 am

rwo power wrote:

Tell him rwo, the greatest German player Godolski is coming to EPL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:11 am

Bastian has NEVER shut down Messi, NEVER. Such a horrible myth.

Its worse than the Pepe shut him down, despite never making one sucessful tackle on him.

Goes past him with ease here many times. Please stop the madeness. Messi would ruin him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 am

If Barca Play with 3 defenders they will get raped badly, anyways this will be a Great Game to watch. Like Arjen Robben Said we dont mind anyone.

It's also a blessing knowing Schweini is back, with him in Front of Defence, its Almost nearly impossible to Score against us.

But I wIll like to have Milan in Quaters, then Madrid in Semi and Barca final. In that Way we will Beat The 4th, 3rd and best Club in The World and then move from 2nd to 1st as The World best
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13 am

That youtube video of Messi losing 4-0 is a great example of why Messi would beat Bayern Franchise. lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14 am

aford92 wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Lol, I am English. If an Englishmen is telling you that La Liga is better than the EPL then it is. Razz

If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw - Page 2 Tumblr_lnjwwwGQiS1qkq9pk
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 am

Idrisozet wrote:If Barca Play with 3 defenders they will get raped badly, anyways this will be a Great Game to watch. Like Arjen Robben Said we dont mind anyone.

It's also a blessing knowing Schweini is back, with him in Front of Defence, its Almost nearly impossible to Score against us.

But I wIll like to have Milan in Quaters, then Madrid in Semi and Barca final. In that Way we will Beat The 4th, 3rd and best Club in The World and then move from 2nd to 1st as The World best

Trust me you dont want to face Milan, you better off with Real or Barcelona.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:16 am

Zealous wrote:That youtube video of Messi losing 4-0 is a great example of why Messi would beat Bayern Franchise. lol

Because that was the point I was making......

I already weighed in on this subject, my post was directed at posts on page 1.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:19 am

Idrisozet wrote:If Barca Play with 3 defenders they will get raped badly, anyways this will be a Great Game to watch. Like Arjen Robben Said we dont mind anyone.

Breitner will pick the balls in the draw. He will give you APOEL.

We'll see you in the final.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 am

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:That youtube video of Messi losing 4-0 is a great example of why Messi would beat Bayern Franchise. lol

I know, your argument was that Messi wasn't shut down by Schweinsteiger. I'd actually argue that he was shut down, obviously not by one player but that video is actually a woeful performance from Messi. Extremely ineffective in that game, Schweinsteiger just stuck to him made him uncomfortable and then a team mate would come in and sweep up.

In any case that game is irrelevant. The key battles in a hypothetical match up between Bayern and Barca lie elsewhere imo.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:27 am

you must be trying really hard

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 am

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I know, your argument was that Messi wasn't shut down by Schweinsteiger. I'd actually argue that he was shut down, obviously not by one player but that video is actually a woeful performance from Messi. Extremely ineffective in that game, Schweinsteiger just stuck to him made him uncomfortable and then a team mate would come in and sweep up.

In any case that game is irrelevant. The key battles in a hypothetical match up between Bayern and Barca lie elsewhere imo.

Yeah....no he wasnt. Firstly, Bastian did nothing...didnt make a tackle, got blown by consistently....just because Germany are clearly better than a Argentina with 1 midfielder therefore obviously controlling the game, doest make Messi being shut down and it obviously has no impact on the Barca game.

And no, it will have an impact in any Bayern game. If you cant shut off the space in between the lines, Messi will rip you apart. Bastian wont be able to do this and trying to use the Germany game as evidence is quite stupid on vaious levels.

Woeful performance? What are you watching.

He made passes, made dribbles, rarely lost the ball.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 am

Why is Schweinstiger being the one designated to stopping Messi lol.

Bayern on a whole can stop him, no man marker is going to man mark Messi out of the game lol, Pepe was a designated help defender (i.e every time he was at Messi it was a double team) , Schweini will definitely need to be something like that.

I think Bayern has a nice set up to possibly win......I mean Ribery and Robben will trouble their full backs and I'm pretty sure they'll get a couple chances.It'll be on the midfield to hold compact and Badstuber to face the inevitable Messi one on ones like a man (Neuer too) but I'm not going to go ahead and say they will or won't beat them.

I'll just say they definitely have a chance and Messi alone can't do anything about it if their team on the whole plays better as a unit
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 am

Schweinsteiger for the most part, with a little help from a backtracking Podolski did shut down Messi. Obviously Boateng helped a bit too, but for the most part, Schweini did most of the work. Ive watched the entire game multiple times, ithink you need to, instead of watching a 4 minute long youtube video about a 90 minute match. Messi would get shut down by Bayern, just like he was shut down against Germany, barring one chance he had in the 90th minute when Germany were already up 4 goals and didnt care.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 am

The Bayern Players that played against that Barca consist of only 2 Players Now and thats When Schweini was still a Winger and Zenit also besting us 4:0. Luca Toni, Ze Roberto, Rensing, Breno,Demichelis, Lell.

Even with such a weak Team, at home we still Playes 1:1, if you Guys are still looking at Bayern like The Bayern of 2007 then I am Sorry you willsuprised When we Hit you, we are Even stronger than the Bayern that got to final 2 years ago.

Ribéry and Robben then Neuer, Lahm, Alaba, Boateng, Badstuber, Kroos, Gustavo, Schweini, Muller, Tymo, Olic and Gomez will eat any Team for breakfast.

If you dont believe me then ask Napoli, (destroyed Chelsea), Manchester City and Basel(destroyed United) they have ready felt the Robbery effecth
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:40 am

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah....no he wasnt. Firstly, Bastian did nothing...didnt make a tackle, got blown by consistently....just because Germany are clearly better than a Argentina with 1 midfielder therefore obviously controlling the game, doest make Messi being shut down and it obviously has no impact on the Barca game.

And no, it will have an impact in any Bayern game. If you cant shut off the space in between the lines, Messi will rip you apart. Bastian wont be able to do this and trying to use the Germany game as evidence is quite stupid on vaious levels.

Woeful performance? What are you watching.

He made passes, made dribbles, rarely lost the ball.

Messi could piss in a bottle and some would call it perfume it seems. One word jumps up when I watch that video. Ball hog. (I realize this is actually two words)

He just ram into players all game, only passing when a dribble wasn't available.

You know what I agree, Schweinstieger didn't shut Messi down. Messi did with pretty poor decision making and all round ineffectiveness. A couple of dribbles and passes did pretty much nothing and Argentina lost 4-0 largely due to how easily Germany handled any attacks Messi had.

As for Bayern, it goes back to the idea that if you can peg Barca back with dangerous attacks on goal they lose the momentum they usually build up. Guys like Kroos, Robben and Gomez and how Biscuits/Pique/Alves handle them could potentially decide the game.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:43 am

Idrioszet might have a bipolar disorder or something.
Last week after Basel loss he was calling for Heyckness sack and saw Bayern out of CL.
Definitely, you don't ask your coach to be sacked if you are so confident that your team can win easily the CL.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 am

W/E Zeal, thought you understood the game better than this. Guess not.

Robben, Kross and these will be irrelevant with 35% of the ball.

Our fullbacks will be high up the pitch, taking Robeen and Ribery with them.

Leaving Kross/Muller and Gomez isolated. They are both quite slow, so they are going to struggle 3 v 2 trying to break.

That midfield will have the decision to make, either get close to Xavi and Iniesta (leaving space in between the lines for Messi) or stay compact and giving Xavi time on the ball and this leads to further control.

This Bayern is a better version of the one we played alredy in 09, they will have similar issues as that team.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 am

Why is everyone Saying Badstuber vs Messi , if Anything The Coach will assign Boateng to Messi and Badstuber to pick up lose Balls and Distribute

Barca Should be more worried about containing Robben and Ribbery and then you also have Gomez I Wonder how those Midget defenders can stop him.

Barca better Not man Mark otherwise Kroos, Müller and Schweini can Score from middle, Even Gustavo and Tymo are also Goal threat from Long range
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:52 am

The Franchise wrote:Leaving Kross/Muller and Gomez isolated. They are both quite slow, so they are going to struggle 3 v 2 trying to break.
Actually Müller seems to be rather fast - I recently saw the top speeds of the Bayern players in the kicker, and interestingly Müller topped the list with 34.4 km/h. Gomez was nr.3 with 33.6 km/h.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:53 am

Bayern - Barca
Milan - Madrid
Napoli - APOEL

Make it happen God. :bow:

And make it happen with fully fit and in-form squads.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:54 am

All 3 of them are quick enough though Ribery, Robben and Gomez.

Schweini has the vision and so does Kroos according to some so i can see them having chances.

What some are trying to get at is theyre thinking in terms of Germany vs Barca

Schweinstiger long ball to either winger who both have the ability to make the defense collapse and work from there.

A more confident Bayern fan might go as far to say that Bayern's midfield is good enough to also excercise a bit of control over the flow of the game, not neccesarily dominate, but not be assaulted.

I know you love Abidal and Alves Dani but Ribery is not Ronaldo and Robben isn't Di Maria, they will be troubled if bayern can actually get them the ball.

The next thing is if Lahm whether or not Lahm gets pinned or if he can actually get up the pitch to overlap Robben, which brings an entirely different issue to the fore.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:55 am

rwo power wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Leaving Kross/Muller and Gomez isolated. They are both quite slow, so they are going to struggle 3 v 2 trying to break.
Actually Müller seems to be rather fast - I recently saw the top speeds of the Bayern players in the kicker, and interestingly Müller topped the list with 34.4 km/h. Gomez was nr.3 with 33.6 km/h.

Muller is faster than the other two, but lacks the final ball of Kross. So they are going to have trouble one way or another.

If its Muller off Gomez, he is going to have to drop deep to collect the ball and will have to make a pass first.

If its Kross, then he will do fine collecting, but his lack of mobility wont help him when joining the attack. Muller is a better option.

I dont need stats to show me Gomez is fast, he isnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next