If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw

+52
halamadrid2
Clockwork Orange
billionmillion
Kingofeverythingclassy
yoonie
pewpew
gondov
Ganso
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
rsinatra
Yeezus
izzy
BAYERN_MUNICH
VivaStPauli
vivabarca38
guest7
jibers
Mr Nick09
_LMG_10_
BarcaLearning
ronalessi
Rebaño Sagrado
Albiceleste
kiranr
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
free_cat
Le Samourai
rwo power
Dante
The Messiah
Potential
aford92
Doc
juventus101
zarola
Zealous
JAY-Z
The Franchise
leemhuis
Raptorgunner
RED
matpol
Pedram
S
Toffer Harley
la bestia negra
Sushi Master
LeVersacci
Lord Hades
JamesNigeria
56 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw - Page 3 Empty Re: If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:55 pm

rwo power wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Leaving Kross/Muller and Gomez isolated. They are both quite slow, so they are going to struggle 3 v 2 trying to break.
Actually Müller seems to be rather fast - I recently saw the top speeds of the Bayern players in the kicker, and interestingly Müller topped the list with 34.4 km/h. Gomez was nr.3 with 33.6 km/h.

Muller is faster than the other two, but lacks the final ball of Kross. So they are going to have trouble one way or another.

If its Muller off Gomez, he is going to have to drop deep to collect the ball and will have to make a pass first.

If its Kross, then he will do fine collecting, but his lack of mobility wont help him when joining the attack. Muller is a better option.

I dont need stats to show me Gomez is fast, he isnt.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw - Page 3 Empty Re: If there is a God, he will put Bayern and Barca against each other in the quarterfinal draw

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Le Samourai wrote:All 3 of them are quick though.

Schweini has the vision and so does Kroos according to some so i can see them having chances.

What some are trying to get at is theyre thinking in terms of Germany vs Barca

Schweinstiger long ball to either winger who both have the ability to make the defense collapse and work from there.

A more confident Bayern fan might go as far to say that Bayern's midfield is good enough to also excercise a bit of control over the flow of the game, not neccesarily dominate, but not be assaulted.

I know you love Abidal and Alves Dani but Ribery is not Ronaldo and Robben isn't Di Maria, they will be troubled if bayern can actually get them the ball.

No, they are not..especially not Kross and Gomez.

It doesnt matter how good Robben and Ribery are, like last time we faced them, Ribery was a non factor because he spent most of the game in his own half.

They arent goin to win if they have 35% of the ball, that much im sure of.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:58 pm

free_cat wrote:Idrioszet might have a bipolar disorder or something.
Last week after Basel loss he was calling for Heyckness sack and saw Bayern out of CL.
Definitely, you don't ask your coach to be sacked if you are so confident that your team can win easily the CL.

Mind Games, The Coach had to sit up. How has that got Anything to do with this. By The Way do you Even know what bipolar is? I Feel Sorry for you, to think Barca can beat bayern and you expect everyone to Accept, we are back on Form and Schweini is back our Defense Finally fixed with Alaba, so bring on Barca and they will Feel what we are made Off.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont need stats to show me Gomez is fast, he isnt.
LOL. I actually prefer to go by numbers as that is verifiable. "he isn't" isn't exactly a scientific fact XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm sorry Messi and co. will be too much for Bayern's centre backs..

Plus its not just about assigning duties to Boateng to man mark Messi..You need atleast 2-3 players to shut him down.And that often leads to defenders getting caught out of position at times.

Schweinsteiger has been owned by Xavi before and that will be an interesting battle in the middle.Bayern will have to really work their ass off to get a positive result.

I'd like to think that Lucian Favre with his counter attacking systemand tactical discipline would have relished this game more.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm

Schweinstiger and his German counter parts put on a good show against Spain TBH.Earned my respect.Xavi had a free role too.........

Agree about Messii, but it's all about deferring defensive responsibility and balance, if each winger accomodates for Messi dragging a defender with him and tracks back to cover his man on the weak side then defenders can converge and the one winger can remain as an attacking outlet.

Messi isn't the be all and end all....I won't go as far as to say he can easily be stopped, but if their defense plays as cohesively as a team as possible them it won't be as huge a problem as some think it will be.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:21 pm

I dont See how Barca midfield can dominate a midfield that consist of Schweini, Kroos, Gustavo or Tymo depends on who the Coach prefers, if Anything Gustavo or Tymo will be enough as an Obstacle to the Balance of their Play. Then We have Schweini to enforce Play and Pass perfectly to anyone, Kroos is also very Good with dominating Play and giving Killer passes, Players like Xavi will be Force to defending at all Time Rather Doing Anything Else,as usual alves will Push forward giving Robery enough space to do what they know how to so best. The only Problem will be Messi but then we have Boateng who is a very fast CB and also very fast Full back and Schweini a Box to Box midfielder and Lástly a usualy comoposed Badstuber who can always pick up lose Balls and give dangerous Long Pass from Defense and in worst Case scenario Neuer is an Insurance in Post. Robbery are also capable of Producing magical Goals FRÖ
Set Piece When they are needed.

My only concern is Barcelona Diving skills and Play Acting, if they Play a Free And fair Game and also without Referee help , I expect 3:2 First Leg at Barca and 3:1 in Munich with 5:4 Aggregate Bayern coming Out ontop
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:W/E Zeal, thought you understood the game better than this. Guess not.

Robben, Kross and these will be irrelevant with 35% of the ball.

Our fullbacks will be high up the pitch, taking Robeen and Ribery with them.

Leaving Kross/Muller and Gomez isolated. They are both quite slow, so they are going to struggle 3 v 2 trying to break.

That midfield will have the decision to make, either get close to Xavi and Iniesta (leaving space in between the lines for Messi) or stay compact and giving Xavi time on the ball and this leads to further control.

This Bayern is a better version of the one we played alredy in 09, they will have similar issues as that team.

I'm not the one saying Messi dominated Schweinstieger in a game that ended 4-0.

Ineffective performance if I've ever saw one and while it wasn't down to one man the result was still the same. 4 minutes of decent youtube footage or not I'm sure if you asked Messi himself he'd tell he didn't do well in that game and he'd be telling the truth.

You say Alves and Abidal will be up the pitch taking Robbery with them well it works both ways. If Bayern can make Barca respect their attacking threat Alves and Abidal will stay at home for longer periods. effectively lessening the midfield control. Not to mention if Iniesta plays on the wing Bayern's right flank will be very open for attack.

Ask any Madrid fan and he'll tell you that our midfield not being calm on the ball is our main weakness and yet even we managed 40%+ possession at the Camp Nou no less. Bayern hold on to the ball better than we do so it becomes interesting to see what Bayern can do.

From what I've seen from big Barca games this year is that they can concede more than 1 goal. Madrid average at least 2 goals against Barca home and away, Milan scored 2 goals home and away. Bayern can do the same, they certainly have the right personnel to score goals. I'm not even taking into account Valdes's or Pique's derpiness.

All it takes is Messi to have a bad game (like the one vs Germany) and things become difficult for Barca.

Not saying Barca would lose, for me they'd be favourites but where once they were overwhelming favourites now they are on the same playing field as everyone else.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Ok I've just about had it with this German "we made Messi disappear" myth.

When you have a manager who does monthly cocaine binges with Moris Carozieri and Mutu, along with having the coaching ability of Steve Keane, its excruciatingly painful to see your team managed by him. Maradona's Argentina was incredibly bad has no resourceful use of its players, and to sum it up, was a team with no midfield while the forwards essentially acted as the engine room. Difference was there was absolutely no game plan up front along with tactics.

If any of you geniuses actually watched Argentina in WC and the game against Germany properly, you would realize that Messi had played essentially as Argentina's playmaker in a FAR deeper and more conservative role in which he was told to stay deep and allow the forwards to do the work.

But since Maradona failed his team, or just the players choked and flopped, Messi's efforts went unnoticed.

Messi, was the single only player who could be said to have a good performance. I would go as far to say with full conviction that he had a great performance. Maxi Rodriguez surprisingly was the only other player of note who had a decent performance. The rest were garbage.

I lost count of how many times Messi in that game left the german midfield in his dust while he sliced the backline many times with his passes and chances created through his dribbles. Sadly, due to incompetence up forward and inept tactical play, his efforts as mentioned, were purely in vain.

He was the only spark in the Argentine team and many times looked to cause them trouble.

Yet as we know, football is a team sport and one man can't fight against his teams incompetence and against a ready team like Germany.

To sum it up, the notion that Messi was marked out of his midfield role is complete and utter bullshit.

But keep hanging on to this I guess.

rwo power wrote:
LOL. I actually prefer to go by numbers as that is verifiable. "he isn't" isn't exactly a scientific fact XD

I don't understand why you use numbers to tell the story for things that only require simple visual judgment.

Going by this category of stats, CR7 was rated the fastest player on earth just last year as we all know what a joke this is considering he has been outpaced by dozen's of players in the Liga alone including Pique who isn't exactly known for his pace.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:42 pm

But Gomez is a fast Player, stats or nö stats and anyone who say Gomez is Not fast, simply doesnt watch him Play and Talking from his ass
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:45 pm

TBH, Bayern has more of a chance to beat Madrid than Barcelona. Their game is perfectly suited for Barcelona.

Very hard to see Bayern beating Barcelona.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Ok I've just about had it with this German "we made Messi disappear" myth.

When you have a manager who does monthly cocaine binges with Moris Carozieri and Mutu, along with having the coaching ability of Steve Keane, its excruciatingly painful to see your team managed by him. Maradona's Argentina was incredibly bad has no resourceful use of its players, and to sum it up, was a team with no midfield while the forwards essentially acted as the engine room. Difference was there was absolutely no game plan up front along with tactics.

If any of you geniuses actually watched Argentina in WC and the game against Germany properly, you would realize that Messi had played essentially as Argentina's playmaker in a FAR deeper and more conservative role in which he was told to stay deep and allow the forwards to do the work.

But since Maradona failed his team, or just the players choked and flopped, Messi's efforts went unnoticed.

Messi, was the single only player who could be said to have a good performance. I would go as far to say with full conviction that he had a great performance. Maxi Rodriguez surprisingly was the only other player of note who had a decent performance. The rest were garbage.

I lost count of how many times Messi in that game left the german midfield in his dust while he sliced the backline many times with his passes and chances created through his dribbles. Sadly, due to incompetence up forward and inept tactical play, his efforts as mentioned, were purely in vain.

He was the only spark in the Argentine team and many times looked to cause them trouble.

Yet as we know, football is a team sport and one man can't fight against his teams incompetence and against a ready team like Germany.

To sum it up, the notion that Messi was marked out of his midfield role is complete and utter bullshit.

rwo power wrote:

I don't understand why you use numbers to tell the story for things that only require simple visual judgment.

Going by this category of stats, CR7 was rated the fastest player on earth just last year as we all know what a joke this is considering he has been outpaced by dozen's of players in the Liga alone including Pique who isn't exactly known for his pace.

Arq come on. I agree that tactics lost Argentina the game. But watch the video again, how many times did Messi have the ball with at least 5 other players around him and decide to continue dribbling or pass it out wide where Germany had things covered?

Messi had a bad game. Messi himself would tell you this. Now I agree that it wasn't a German masterclass that stopped him but the point is he was stopped, pretty easily I might add.

As for the speed thing Cris has a phenomenal top speed. Acceleration, not so much.

Last edited by Zealous on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm

kiranr wrote:TBH, Bayern has more of a chance to beat Madrid than Barcelona. Their game is perfectly suited for Barcelona.

My exact thought, Bayern has the best chance to beat Madrid and Milan has the best chance to beat Barcelona.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Potential wrote:
kiranr wrote:TBH, Bayern has more of a chance to beat Madrid than Barcelona. Their game is perfectly suited for Barcelona.

My exact thought, Bayern has the best chance to beat Madrid and Milan has the best chance to beat Barcelona.

I agree with this. Style wise it makes sense.

I still think Madrid would beat Bayern though, especially if the tempo is very quick.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Potential wrote:

Yes Milan have a better chance to beat Barca than Bayern in a tactical sense.

But the quality of some of your players are not good enough or not good enough to topple Barca.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:03 pm

How about this, Bayern has The best Chance to Beat Milan, Madrid and Barca
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Surag wrote:

Yes Milan have a better chance to beat Barca than Bayern in a tactical sense.

But the quality of some of your players are not good enough or not good enough to topple Barca.

Dont know about that Surag, Milan at full strength is a strong team.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Ok I've just about had it with this German "we made Messi disappear" myth.

:bow: +1

OT: I can't see Bayern coming out on top out of two legs against Barcelona if it were to happen, but I'm sure it would be a great game. Messi usually performs very well against German teams especially.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I don't understand why you use numbers to tell the story for things that only require simple visual judgment.
Because the human senses can easily be deceived. Measurable facts are facts, though.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Here is Degen take as to who will come ontop between Barca, Bayern and Madrid...

Basel defender Philipp Degen has hailed Bayern Munich for their performance in Tuesday's Champions League round of 16 second-leg clash.

The Bavarians were 7-0 winners over the Swiss visitors, and broke the record for greatest margin of victory in the knock-out stages of Europe's elite club tournament.

"Bayern were very good today, actually, they were outstanding," Degen told Goal.com.

When asked whether Jupp Heynckes' men have what it takes to reach the final, the full-back asserted that the Bundesliga side have a chance, although if they are drawn with Barcelona, progression will be a tall order.

"It's certainly possible. Bayern are capable of beating any team. Only Barcelona could be quite difficult, but even they are beatable."

However, Degen is confident that if needed, Bayern would overcome Real Madrid, assuming the Spanish side achieve progression in Wednesday's second-leg match against CSKA Moscow.

"Bayern can take them down. Today they performed outstandingly. With such performances, you can go very far."
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Basel =/= Real Madrid.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

rwo power wrote:

Oh, so Javier Hernandez is faster than Cristiano Ronaldo...I mean, numbers at the WC say so after all.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Chicharito fastest player at the WC :bow:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:37 pm

No matter what, this season's CL trophy will be won by a humble and respectful team. :coffee:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I dont mind this draw happen....and I dont think we will rape Bayern as many have said. Bayern's weakness is defense, but overall if they work hard and fight in the midfield and players like Robbery, Muller and Gomez, they can trouble us.

We will still win, but will no way be easy.... and this would be a game long overdue as should have been the final of 10. I was so disappointed pre-season when the 2 teams played, but it was a bit of a practise match...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Zeal, I dont like saying this to someone like myself, an old timer. But your really talking out of your ass.

I said, Messi was not shut down by Bastian. Only that.

Unless you think thats wrong, Bastian did shut him down, then why you are invovled with my post I dont know.

The video is there for all to see, Bastian didnt even make one tackle on him meanwhile Messi goes past him on at least 4 different occassions.

Nowhere did I say Messi was great in this game, yet you keep trying to dress it up like im saying that. If you actually bothered reading what I wrote, you would see I said NOTHING about Messi's general performance. I dont know if your just hating on the guiy or what, but you seem to want to make a mission to take him down a peg here, for no reason.

A normal person would look at that video and say. Hey, just 4 minutes..thats not alot for Messi..or hey, this isnt alot of touches for him compared to his games with Barca, or hey, this guy is starting his attacks from much deeper than he normally does.

Then a normal person would say, why did all this happen? They would probably come to the conclusion that Argentina playing with 1 midfielder, a now converted CB wasnt a good idea and Germany vastly outnumbered them in that area. Forcing Messi to come deep, making him have start attacks from areas he normally doesnt and so on.

But no, the line is...hes a ball hog, hes selfish. Utter crap.

Overall, I dont understand why this subject is even being discussed here. Like I am here saying, hey Messi was actually magical in that game and anyone who says different is wrong.

No, I am here saying, Bastian did nothing to stop him. Period.

As for everyone else, I am sorry I cant reply to you. All I read is Bayern will do this, Bayern willdo that, Bayern midfield will domiante this, Gomez is fast, Bayern will own Barca 3 at the back...I dont have the energy to argue all these overall meaningless and unproven points. Lets wait and see, I have to say since early on in the season I wanted to face Bayern because of all this premature talk about how great they apperently are. Lets see.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next