Points/Kudos Announcement discussion Empty Points/Kudos Announcement discussion

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Points/Kudos Announcement discussion Empty Re: Points/Kudos Announcement discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Freaking awesome, but i feel some people ( iam looking at you TMO) will abuse it is there anyway to prevent this?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Points/Kudos Announcement discussion Empty Re: Points/Kudos Announcement discussion

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Freaking awesome, but i feel some people ( iam looking at you TMO) will abuse it is there anyway to prevent this?

Yes, we should limit per poster their reps, so for example, they can only give 5 reps a day for example.

And for those, I'm referring to trolls, we can just stick with +1 rather than not have -1.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Limit the kudos to 10 per day, 5 positives and 5 negatives
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:42 pm

There is never a way to prevent this. In most forums I was in, we eventually got rid of the kudos system again as many people had fun to annoy others by giving out negative reputation while giving their friends positive reputation whenever possible.

BTW, one thing we did in one forum was to get rid of the negative rep as then it turned out to work a bit better.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 pm

I completely agree with omarish, it makes it all balanced and fiar.

rwo, well as I previously said.. We can use just +1 so that nobody(trolls) abuse the -1.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

good system.

looks to be the most talked about subject now.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

omarish wrote:Limit the kudos to 10 per day, 5 positives and 5 negatives

this is the beauty of the kudos
instead of quoting this guy and saying "this" ill just kudos him
great suggestion
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks for the immediate feed back, guys!

I want to hear a bit more before I start making further tweaks.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 pm

sciacca wrote:rwo, well as I previously said.. We can use just +1 so that nobody(trolls) abuse the -1.
Yeah. I agree with this!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:47 pm

I like the thanks, but not really the + - part... it seems problematic. People will just give negative scores to things, people, teams they dont like regardless of what is said.

The good thing about the Thanks button is that all it does is shows other people agree with you. Theres no negative side to it...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:47 pm

McLewis wrote:Thanks for the immediate feed back, guys!

I want to hear a bit more before I start making further tweaks.

Good to hear McLewis, well my biggest concern and with the majority of others.. is the abuse that some may take with these reps. Some are already claiming Kudos wars and what not, and we don't want to start off this community on a wrong note. So as I and other have previously said, we should begin by limiting the Reps which will prevent those not to abuse.

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:48 pm

omarish wrote:Limit the kudos to 10 per day, 5 positives and 5 negatives

this Very Happy totally agree!
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

rwo power wrote:
sciacca wrote:rwo, well as I previously said.. We can use just +1 so that nobody(trolls) abuse the -1.
Yeah. I agree with this!

Thanks, it will reduce conflicts and trolls abusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

I think it needs a limit, iv given mole 4-5 minuses for 4-5 of his posts so i can put him in -

All in good fun ofc Very Happy
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Limit it to 1 person per day also, forgot to say that. That will stop the kudowars completly, and I still think -rep should exist. It might make some posters think twice.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

btw guys, the script needs fixing, it doesnt redirect you to the topic after u kudos
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeh I think there should just be a button which says 'thanks'.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Poor man's "THE KUDOS BUTTON IS FINALLY HERE" thread.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:50 pm

rwo power wrote:There is never a way to prevent this. In most forums I was in, we eventually got rid of the kudos system again as many people had fun to annoy others by giving out negative reputation while giving their friends positive reputation whenever possible.

BTW, one thing we did in one forum was to get rid of the negative rep as then it turned out to work a bit better.

Excellent points.

This has weighed heavily on me. Unfortunately and despite our best efforts, this system will not be perfect and yes there will be those will attempt to abuse it. I trust my fellow mods and Admins though. We will make sure that those types of actions are kept at a minimal. My top goal is to ensure that this makes a positive impact on the forum and I will be following the statistics closely to ensure that it is.

Last edited by McLewis on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 pm

McLewis wrote:
rwo power wrote:There is never a way to prevent this. In most forums I was in, we eventually got rid of the kudos system again as many people had fun to annoy others by giving out negative reputation while giving their friends positive reputation whenever possible.

Excellent points.

This is weighed heavily on me. Unfortunately and despite our best efforts, this system will not be perfect and yes there will be those will attempt to abuse it. I trust my fellow mods and Admins though. We will make sure that those types of actions are kept at a minimal. My top goal is to ensure that this makes a positive impact on the forum and I will be following the statistics closely to ensure that it is.

If you really want to do it that way, then I hope you luck and it seems to be a good idea. However, it's a shame that you will be putting more work into this to prevent trolls from abusing. The though of limiting reps is possible?

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:53 pm

well, why would anybody abuse this ? after all what we went through together ? Razz i tust the members not to act childish on this one
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:54 pm

Well, I just fear stuff like people just dishing out neg rep to fans of an opposing club just for the heck of it and stuff like this. The above suggestion of only having the "Thanks" function sounds not too bad to me either.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:55 pm

zizzle wrote:well, why would anybody abuse this ? after all what we went through together ? Razz i tust the members not to act childish on this one

I hope so. We can have trust with our loyal members, those who follow rules and respect one another. But there are always trolls who will do anything in their power to abuse the reps. However, I guess we should test it out like this, with McLewis looking closely, if there's a lot of abuse, ofcourse they will attempt and tweak the system so they can improve by all means.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:56 pm

zizzle wrote:well, why would anybody abuse this ? after all what we went through together ? Razz i tust the members not to act childish on this one

You must not know a lot of the members on the forums....LOL affraid

We can always give it a try and see how it goes... I think all barca fans will do the "-" to all real fans opinions, and vice versa, and the same goes for any rivalry or troll for that matter...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next