The Madrid One
rwo power
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Points/Kudos Announcement discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Points/Kudos Announcement discussion

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:28 pm

The negative cannot be removed without the positive being removed as well unfortunately.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Points/Kudos Announcement discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Points/Kudos Announcement discussion

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:28 pm

There's nothing wrong in giving it a trial period. And I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong, but past experiences with ranking systems on these as well as other forums have proven to take away from the forums.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Neal, if the "+ -" feature doesnt work we should still try out just the Thanks button IMO
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:29 pm

well not everything is good here though, someone has negatively spammed me with bad rep, and then others with good rep, its not balanced.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:30 pm

McLewis wrote:The negative cannot be removed without the positive being removed as well unfortunately.

Oh I see. Then I guess the best thing to do in my opinion is keep like this and hopefully everything turns out well. There are always other alternatives however, like just keeping the Thanks button, or something like that. But that's up to the admins.

But may I ask, how will the admins be able or try their best to prevent such abuses from trolls?

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm

McLewis wrote:The same can be said of this current system. It may not have worked on other forums, but they don't have the mod team that this forum has. Like I said, I trust my fellow admins in that we can make this work the way it was intended to work. It will be hard work and yes it will appear at times like it's just not worth it, but I'm of a different mind.
Actually the forums I was on just had such a mod team (I know, I was part of it and/or admin even). We decided in the end it wasn't worth the time we had to invest to calm down the people who felt hurt for being given neg rep and trying to track down the people ping-ponging themselves up all the time. We even added the feature that people had to put a reason why they gave pos or neg rep, but even that didn't help in the end.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will work out here, but considering how fierce some fans of certain clubs hate fans of certain other clubs, I really doubt the neg rep will be given out responsibly.

Last edited by rwo power on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm

The Madrid One wrote:well not everything is good here though, someone has negatively spammed me with bad rep, and then others with good rep, its not balanced.

Join the club.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 pm

It needs some tweaks like limits of how many reps you can give per day, but otherwise it's fine, I dont think this will be a huge issue. Also 1 rep per person each day
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:33 pm

by that u mean theyre doing it to you mate?

btw pool supporter sorry if i acted bad with you in old forums. you can ignore me if you want or not take this seriously but for the record. sorry.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:33 pm

Oh that's right, I completely forgot, Cro just reminded me. McLewis is it possible to add a limit to the reps?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:36 pm

wait anyone willin to answer how does the points system work?

some people have more reputation than points or something like this, does this define the stars in the profile?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:38 pm

The Madrid One wrote:wait anyone willin to answer how does the points system work?

some people have more reputation than points or something like this, does this define the stars in the profile?

I believe the stars have to do with how many posts you have.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:40 pm

k what about the points/reputation

how does it work?

you have 79 plus 16=

85 yet u have 103 points

so how does your go up?

we might want to keep only thanks button or something

someone has been spamming me negatively to the point where i cant vote on others. its really unballanced atm.

EDIT: THEY JUST DID IT AGAIN...
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm

So what's the difference between thanks and voting up/down a post?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 pm

alfredandrew wrote:So what's the difference between thanks and voting up/down a post?

Basicly you cant dislike a post. In a football forum this can be abused, becouse of the hate between clubs. A simple thanks means you can only appreciate a post instead of hating.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:58 pm

ad thats a better option imo.

because its good to give ones opinion, but when it becomes obsolete from the abuse, it can become inbalanced.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:28 am

this is starting to feel more and more like the old forums 🎅
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 am

omarish wrote:It needs some tweaks like limits of how many reps you can give per day, but otherwise it's fine, I dont think this will be a huge issue. Also 1 rep per person each day

I think you mentioned that earlier in this thread and I think it's an excellent idea.

The other admins like it as well so we're strongly considering tweaking the feature with that idea in mind.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:50 am

guys this is a joke, look at mine now, someone is just clicking ad rep on me for fun
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:52 am

disable negative points... or most of the fans will give negative points to oposition.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 am

The Madrid One wrote:guys this is a joke, look at mine now, someone is just clicking ad rep on me for fun

How did you get -23?

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 am

The Madrid One wrote:guys this is a joke, look at mine now, someone is just clicking ad rep on me for fun

And this is exactly what I was talking about. (PS TMO, it wasn't me.)
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 am

someone is out there
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 am

The Madrid One wrote:someone is out there

omg... now -28... Now we got a troll.. PM McLewis, and inform him.. He will check now who is doing it...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 am

yes sir.......
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 am

thanks for the new forum Smile

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next