free_cat
Rebaño Sagrado
matpol
_LMG_10_
Albiceleste
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona Empty [La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Messi record in 2012, with Barcelona and ARG: 24 goals and 6 Assists in 18 games #fcblive Starts: 16, Minutes: 1504

‎Lionel Messi played 16 matches vs Sevilla scored 13 goals & provided 3 assists. Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium: 7 games, 3 goals, 2 assists

Barcelona record against Sevilla (#laliga, home + away): 70W, 30D, 35L || Goals: 267- 171[+96]

Thiago and Alexis have received the medical green light and are available for the league game against Sevilla tomorrow

Injured players: Abidal, Villa, Fontas and Afellay.

The squad list: Valdés, Pinto, Dani Alves, Piqué, Fàbregas, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Sergio Busquets, Pedro, Adriano, Cuenca, Tello, and Muniesa

Lineups, predictions discussions etc.

My lineup:
---------------Valdes
Alves----Pique---Masche---Puyol
-----------Busquets
-------Xavi--------Iniesta
Messi-------Cesc-------Alexis

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Should be interesting to see how Sevilla line up.

Anyone remember the match at the Nou Camp against them this season?
They parked the bus and were very organized in defense.

That was the day Madrid overtook us in the league...

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona

Post by matpol Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:59 pm

[La Liga - Jornada 28] Sevilla vs. Barcelona Banquillo-sevilla

Substitute bench at Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Laughing Will Messi be deceived by Oscar Mauer hot dog?

Draw or one goal win for either side in this dead rubber. Hopefully players won't pick up new injuries.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Negredo will score a Hat-trick
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:41 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Negredo will score a Hat-trick

Yeah, and pigs will fly.

Official lineup:

VV
Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano
Xavi ---- Sergio ---- Cesc
Pedro----Messi---- Iniesta

Go us!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:12 pm

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Sevilla ------Barcelona

74% Pass Accuracy 86%

75% Aerials Won 22%

39% Ball Possession 61%
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:32 pm

I am not that happy with Pique this season!!!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Did I miss it?

Good game from Sevilla, decent one from us. Still a deserved win. Should have been something link 3-5 though, based on the chances.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:11 pm

:vagi:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Negredo lol

Useless player, who wouldnt done squat regardless of if he played or not.

Anyway, Sevilla were dangerous on the break but (in the first half) we caused incredible danger overloaded Medel and Rakatic.

Pedro 2, Sanchez 1 and Cesc 1 all could of put the game past Sevilla with a 3rd, killing their hope.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Cesc was fantastic, some excellent passing tonight.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 am

I wouldnt say fantastic.

He was good, but missed some final passes and had the best chance to score.

Very good first half, one of the best...VERY quite 2nd half.

Though, I would rather he stayed on than bring Keita..not sure what his purpose was.

The notion of him "shutting down the game" needs to be thrown away, I dont think he has ever actually done it. Sevilla transition too fast anyway, he doesnt even get the chance to apply much pressure as they are already off to the races.

However, the worst change was Puyol for Adriano.

Puyol was petrified of Navas, he was afraid to get near him and Navas got crosses in at will. Adriano was at least giving as good as he was getting. The moment Puyol came on, he was a target for Navas.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:23 am

However, the worst change was Puyol for Adriano.

Yeah that was suicide.

Aging defender up in the years with injury problems for the last year vs Navas...he was all set to get burned over and over. Which is probably why he was so afraid to go near him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:26 am

RealGunner wrote:Cesc was fantastic, some excellent passing tonight.

I dont know what game you were watching but he was atrocious giving competition to Pique for our worst player.
Never available for a pass and gave up countless balls.Always making forward runs.The Lost Lamb act once more :facepalm:
When will Pep bench him and start Thiago?
If we had a half decent defender on the pitch,I would bench Pique for a few games too just to let him know that he isnt untouchable.
Poor once more.
Adriano had a good game.Its a shame he cant stay fit longer.
Pedro was disappointing again.At this moment in time I would definitely start Tello or Cuenca over him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:16 am

Cesc was not in his best day but even so he was better than Keita. I think he is changing i see him running after the ball lost. When team attacks, in the build up play he is one of the best in the world. but in overall play sometimes he is not suitable especially in matches where the team defends more so it would be better him sharing the 90 min with tiago in these matches
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:45 am

billionmillion wrote:Cesc was not in his best day but even so he was better than Keita. I think he is changing i see him running after the ball lost. When team attacks, in the build up play he is one of the best in the world. but in overall play sometimes he is not suitable especially in matches where the team defends more so it would be better him sharing the 90 min with tiago in these matches

The thing with the lost lamb is that he just doesnt know how to move to create space in midfield.
The prime example was yesterday's game.Sevilla pressed very well.
Cesc is wandering aimlessly and never available for the pass.Xavi receives the ball,looks up and Cesc is not thr to receive the ball in midfield.Instantly Xavi's options are limited.
It would have been better to play Iniesta in midfield or Thiago.
I have said it before and I will say it again.Thiago is a much better midfielder.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:49 am

I think Cesc played decently as he wasmore in a winger role, he plays much better when in center. But i want Iniesta in center as he is the boss there.

I am disappointed by Pique. Not that he does not have the skills, hhe simply wanders and looses the concentration. He is not 100% in the game, and that cost us a lot. If Sevila took their chances it could have easily bee 2:2 with our missed chances into account.

I do not get why Pedro is being bashed so much. He missed some chances, but i see he is coming to his old slef with every game he plays. I actually think he was unlucky, if he scored a lot would judge his game more positively. He was stretching Sevila's defense constantly. I think soon he will be at his top. Perhaps, even next game.

Masche is by far our best and consistent defender. Pep did a great job putting him in that position.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:51 am

alexjanosik wrote:
billionmillion wrote:Cesc was not in his best day but even so he was better than Keita. I think he is changing i see him running after the ball lost. When team attacks, in the build up play he is one of the best in the world. but in overall play sometimes he is not suitable especially in matches where the team defends more so it would be better him sharing the 90 min with tiago in these matches

The thing with the lost lamb is that he just doesnt know how to move to create space in midfield.
Cesc is wandering aimlessly and never available for the pass.Xavi receives the ball,looks up and Cesc is not thr to receive the ball in midfield.Instantly Xavi's options are limited.
I have said it before and I will say it again.Thiago is a much better midfielder.

My stream was awful and i might missed some players positions, but i though Cesc was mainly on wings, or am i wrong?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 am

Cesc was not playing as a winger.
He was playing CM.Iniesta was playing out wide on the left.
And I dont agree that he plays much better in the center for he has never played on the wing for us to compare.
He has played either false 10 or CM for us.
As a CM he sucks.As a false 10 he has done well.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:04 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

agreed he can imporve it though
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm

1. Messi's goal - magic that can't be described in words

2. Iniesta's touches and ball control - at times one just couldn't believe it was possible to control the ball in that position with that little space but he still did it and managed to get past his markers. Hardly put a foot wrong other than that missed chance but that was not easy for an accomplished striker and he's never been a formidable goal scorer any way.

3. Xavi the maestro - as long as he is not too tired he can still eat any team for lunch. This time he even scored from a free kick which doesn't happen very frequently.

4. D.Alves - wonderful play right through. At times could have been more decisive but that was mainly due to the shortcomings of others rather than his own mistakes.

5. Busquets - a good game. He is very key to the way we play.

6. Mascherano - a good game. A quality tackler and a face saver for our defense in the present times.

7. Fabregas - Not a great performance but what I really like about him is his unselfish team player attitude. That night he sprinted off the pitch when substituted because the team needed a goal and there was no time to waste. Tonight he passed the ball somehow even though he had fallen and had a defender after him which led to that goal.

8. Valdes - Functional and more. With him there the one position we don't need to worry about is goal.

9. Adriano - a good game but we will still miss Abidal's defensive prowess in the crunch matches.

10. Pedro - With due respect he has had an atrocious season. Last night he worked hard but couldn't control the ball many times, passed to nowhere and took shots that had no hope of going in. Now please understand that I deeply appreciate what he has done for us till last season but if we had not seen him before this season the only conclusion would have been not good enough to play for us. Where is the player who won us games with screamers scored from anything?

11. Pique - Going down and down all the time. How true are those stories about his disciplinary problems? At the moment the only hope I have is like last season he will step up when it really matters. Yet I am apprehensive to be honest.

12. Is it just me or did we intentionally play the game in first and second gear but never in third gear? Pressing more and getting more ball possession would have been manageable but it was more important to conserve energy.

13. How worried are we by the forward line? Messi of course in beyond words but what of the rest. Alexis is coming back and I really hope he is at his very best. Pedro at the moment hardly seems to offer hope. Tello and Cuenca offer something but they are too raw. No idea when Villa or Afellay will be back. So even though I don't like playing the extra midfielder in Fabregas it seems to be the need of the hour especially in crunch games.

14. How worried are we by the defense? Abidal is out which is a monumental loss. Puyol is finally looking like the journey is about to end for him. Adriano is our only option on the left. Pique's form is a big concern. D.Alves of course is special but asking him to defend too much is curbing the awesome capabilities of his natural game. Mascherano is the face saver at the moment.

15. Overall we rely on Messi, our peerless midfield, D.Alves and Valdes in the crunch time that is coming. The defense and the rest of the forward line can let us down.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Good game from the lads yesterda, especially the first half. Yes, we lost control in the second half, but it's normal vs. a team that plays open as Sevilal did, we lose the control and concede goal opportunitties, but we also could have scored a few more.

messixaviesta wrote:
10. Pedro - With due respect he has had an atrocious season. Last night he worked hard but couldn't control the ball many times, passed to nowhere and took shots that had no hope of going in. Now please understand that I deeply appreciate what he has done for us till last season but if we had not seen him before this season the only conclusion would have been not good enough to play for us. Where is the player who won us games with screamers scored from anything?

I think you guys are still some weeks ago when judging Pedro. He was very good yesterday, very good. It's not true he lost many balls, you just have to check the stats of the game. He was verya active, fast, quick, did a lot of great one twos. His game was great, he only missed a goal. His pass to Alexis towards the end of the game was incredible, the one on one he managed to get from a Valdes shot, fghting vs. two Sevilla defenders, a good shot after dribiling... definitely a very good game, but off course, if he doesn't score everyone will say he was awfull. :facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Its pretty clear that Fabregas plays well in Inestia's place but he doesn't do it as better than Inestia. He had an average game but he has played well in the midfield position ever since the first leg of the Leverkusen game. You have to expect a bad one every now and then
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:55 pm

I didnt think Pedro was so bad, he did well in terms of making runs and such. The two chances he missed, I think the old Pedro would of put one away. But overall, I didnt think he was bad.

I felt his passing was horrible though, minus the one for Alexis, he tried a coupe through balls in the 1st half which were horribly executed and he doesnt even have that ability (both balls were not easy to make) and probably shouldnt of attempted them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next