Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

+21
RobbyV
El Chelsea Fuerte
Busby Babe
EarlyPrototype
guest7
Mr Nick09
McLewis
TheRedStag
M99
xabi
Swanhends
Nishankly
Red Alert
iNFINITY9910
The Franchise
Sushi Master
teamanarchy
fatman123
Guiltybystander
uzonero
milanfan7
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:17 pm

>Tells us hes staying at Porto
>Jumps ship to Chelsea

I suppose even he recognizes what kind of shape were in

Balotelli has cursed us

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by xabi Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm

how are chelsea gonna win anything with "the shit one" Rolling Eyes

I was hoping for Hiddink. Would love to see Chelsea go back to their defensive football they used to play. Not try to play southern american with pack of brazilians.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:19 pm

Very disappointed. After Porto won the Europa League, he said he will stay and try to win the Champions League. Guess, money talks. Football is now all about money, it sad. He's a great coach though.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
So? I dont mind him leaving, it was expected. Just after one season, for a guy who has been a fan his entire life...sour taste im left with. All I am saying is 2 seasons instead of 1.

How is it wasting time? He is 33 not 73. Another year would of actually been better for him. If he coached Porto to a CL quarter or semi going out to a giant..his rep goes up. Right now, he is the coach who dominated the Portuguese league and won the EL...its not quite as impressive.

If he gets off to a slow start, he is more sackable then if he actually did something impressive in the CL.

What makes you think that he will get a chance at coaching a club next season, a club which challenges for every trophy available? When the opportunity comes he should grab it. Rather than going to a semi and getting beaten, he actually has a fair chance of going to the finals! He is pretty much given a free license to build a new team with the availability of the money at Chelsea. He knows Chelsea and about the EPL. Some could say that Inter was a club that he could have gone to but he just stayed for one season there. He personally knows players like Cech, Terry, Lampsy, Drogba and even Abramovich himself.

He worked under Mou and that means he can easily cope with ego problems.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
ynwa wrote:Total compensation to managers hired/fired by Abramovich: £62m

:coffee:

Over how many years? Smile Still its a bit too much, I agree. But when you build a team its not that easy.

Overall.

This is Chelsea's 7th manager in 7 years. affraid
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:23 pm

xabi wrote:how are chelsea gonna win anything with "the shit one" Rolling Eyes

I was hoping for Hiddink. Would love to see Chelsea go back to their defensive football they used to play. Not try to play southern american with pack of brazilians.

I remember most madrid fans saying similar things to Mourinho...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Nishank wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

So? I dont mind him leaving, it was expected. Just after one season, for a guy who has been a fan his entire life...sour taste im left with. All I am saying is 2 seasons instead of 1.

How is it wasting time? He is 33 not 73. Another year would of actually been better for him. If he coached Porto to a CL quarter or semi going out to a giant..his rep goes up. Right now, he is the coach who dominated the Portuguese league and won the EL...its not quite as impressive.

If he gets off to a slow start, he is more sackable then if he actually did something impressive in the CL.

And we must remember that Chelsea is not exactly a perfect footballing team.. The environment there is totally different than other Football clubs...
Boas should know what to expect..

he was at Chelsea for some time.. he knows what to expect mate. Mourinho said he was his eyes and ears. ( saw this in an article) so Im pretty sure that he knew most of the things that Mou had to go through.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

What makes you think that he will get a chance at coaching a club next season, a club which challenges for every trophy available? When the opportunity comes he should grab it. Rather than going to a semi and getting beaten, he actually has a fair chance of going to the finals! He is pretty much given a free license to build a new team with the availability of the money at Chelsea. He knows Chelsea and about the EPL. Some could say that Inter was a club that he could have gone to but he just stayed for one season there. He personally knows players like Cech, Terry, Lampsy, Drogba and even Abramovich himself.

Why wouldnt he? If he is as good as he is, clubs would still be interested. Why wouldnt they?

Coaching jobs are available every single season..big jobs.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Wait, he's got a guarantee that he gets to buy whatever player he wants? Wtf.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people give Mourinho most credit for his years at Porto. Whenever someone says "yeah, but Mou only coaches big teams" people bring up Porto. Villas Boas won't be able to do that.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:31 pm

The Franchise wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Why wouldnt he? If he is as good as he is, clubs would still be interested. Why wouldnt they?

Coaching jobs are available every single season..big jobs.

Big jobs, true. But what guarantees you an environment that you are used to? He was in London for approx. 3 years.. He knows the big players. He knows the owner. Im pretty sure that he knows most of the staff as well. Why would someone let go of a chance like that?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Wait, he's got a guarantee that he gets to buy whatever player he wants? Wtf.

EDIT: Also, a lot of people give Mourinho most credit for his years at Porto. Whenever someone says "yeah, but Mou only coaches big teams" people bring up Porto. Villas Boas won't be able to do that.

compare porto before and after the 10/11 season they went from strugglers to complete dominance in the league (perhaps helped a bit by benfica selling luiz and di maria)
also porto have always been a big team theyve qualified for the same amount (or maybe 1 less after last season) champions league/european cups as manchester united, the ties most in europe. fact.
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Maybe someone would let that go because he has been a Porto fan his entire life and has been there just one season?

Who leaves their supported club just 1 season in, after doing such a great job and creating a great team?

I am supposed to be believe he cant find another great chance next season?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 pm

I just put money down to be sacked inside two seasons lol

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:Wait, he's got a guarantee that he gets to buy whatever player he wants? Wtf.

Well... we were in a transition stage anyways. We were linked with many young talents, everyone knows that Lampard, Drogba and Terry is coming to the latter part of the careers. We were going to spend some money regardless who the manager was.

About the Mourinho comment, he takes the Mourinho look but he is not Mourinho 2.0. He will create his own legacy. AVB brought a relegating team to 11th position. His record at Porto is better than Mou even. He might not have beaten United, true. But he has shown enough pedigree and class to be one of the best.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Lets hope he has a slow start, pressure gets to him early and is sacked before too long.

I say this becasuse I fear what type of Juggernaut Chelsea could turn into of this man was left alone for a couple of years.

I rate him very highly. Lets hope Chelsea is not a successful destination for him.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Maybe someone would let that go because he has been a Porto fan his entire life and has been there just one season?

Who leaves their supported club just 1 season in, after doing such a great job and creating a great team?

Everybody has to move on mate, thats life. Kids grow and part ways with parents. Its just the way it is.

I meant that he would not be able to go to a club which he knows, and a club which can win trophies at the same time. Those opportunities dont come very often.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Lets hope he has a slow start, pressure gets to him early and is sacked before too long.

I say this becasuse I fear what type of Juggernaut Chelsea could turn into of this man was left alone for a couple of years.

I rate him very highly. Lets hope Chelsea is not a successful destination for him.

sigh, only from a 'pool fan

well hopefully chelsea fans will be singing a tune like this by the end of next season Razz

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Lets hope he has a slow start, pressure gets to him early and is sacked before too long.

Lets not Neutral
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Crimson wrote:I just put money down to be sacked inside two seasons lol

no
really?
what are the odds?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 pm

fatman123 wrote:

sigh, only from a 'pool fan

well hopefully chelsea fans will be singing a tune like this by the end of next season Razz

what to you mean "sign only from a liverpool fan".

I say that out of fear of what he could do with Chelsea. I watched a good bit of Porto last year and was very impressed by the way they played. I dont want to see the same at Chelsea.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

fatman123 wrote:

compare porto before and after the 10/11 season they went from strugglers to complete dominance in the league (perhaps helped a bit by benfica selling luiz and di maria)
also porto have always been a big team theyve qualified for the same amount (or maybe 1 less after last season) champions league/european cups as manchester united, the ties most in europe. fact.

Well, winning the portuguese league isn't worth all that much, nor is winning the Europa league.

And it isn't that hard to qualify for the Champions league in Portugal + Porto isn't what it was.

That is like saying being Ajax's coach is already enough of an honour, since Ajax is one of the best performers in Europe, even though Ajax hasn't been dominant in over 10 years.

That simply is a false representation of facts.

He should have stayed for another year and try and win something more significant with Porto, it is a bit of a low blow to his team too. Shows that Villas Boas doesn't have much of a backbone imo.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Maybe someone would let that go because he has been a Porto fan his entire life and has been there just one season?

Everybody has to move on mate, thats life. Kids grow and part ways with parents. Its just the way it is.

I meant that he would not be able to go to a club which he knows, and a club which can win trophies at the same time. Those opportunities dont come very often.

I dont think you are reading what I am saying.

I dont mind him leaving, everyone knew it was happening. Its the timing that as a fan of Porto, leaves a sour taste in my mouth. After just 1 season? Not good enough in my opinion.

And I dont agree with your second line. Club that he knows isnt important, not every coach does that, in fact, hardly any.

Loads of clubs can win trophies, next season we will come back to this and see which clubs lack a coach.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:it isn't that hard to qualify for the Champions league in Portugal

correct if im wrong but i think its first gets automatic qualification and 2nd goes to play off in portugal
if im right, which i thnk i am, then uve got benfica, sporting, braga and porto all competing for 2 places, so its pretty tough to get a CL spot in portugal
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
what to you mean "sign only from a liverpool fan".

I say that out of fear of what he could do with Chelsea. I watched a good bit of Porto last year and was very impressed by the way they played. I dont want to see the same at Chelsea.

i did say "sigh" not "sign" but doesnt matter, it was lighthearted stuff
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 pm

But he is not really taking half the players from Porto? I'm pretty sure that the manager who is coming in can keep doing what he was doing. Okay he wont be doing it just as awesome as it was happening, but the team is young and they have a great future. The new manager will not have much of a thing to do. Just like Avram Grant did at Chelsea after Mou. He is not a good manager IMO but the team was together and they managed to end up 2nd in the league. Played in the UEFA CL Final.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm

at least he wont end up like cabbage capello, his english is great!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/virals/2011-06-22/chelsea-boss-andre-villas-boas-i-want-build-something-im-proud-ten-years
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next