Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

+21
RobbyV
El Chelsea Fuerte
Busby Babe
EarlyPrototype
guest7
Mr Nick09
McLewis
TheRedStag
M99
xabi
Swanhends
Nishankly
Red Alert
iNFINITY9910
The Franchise
Sushi Master
teamanarchy
fatman123
Guiltybystander
uzonero
milanfan7
25 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm

at least he wont end up like cabbage capello, his english is great!

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/virals/2011-06-22/chelsea-boss-andre-villas-boas-i-want-build-something-im-proud-ten-years

fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
what to you mean "sign only from a liverpool fan".

I say that out of fear of what he could do with Chelsea. I watched a good bit of Porto last year and was very impressed by the way they played. I dont want to see the same at Chelsea.

i did say "sigh" not "sign" but doesnt matter, it was lighthearted stuff

yes, that was a typo on my part.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:02 pm

I have to agree with Franchise here...

This move came a season too early imo.....I was really looking forward to seeing how Villas Boas' Porto side would've done in the CL after making short work of their competitors in the....it's a real shame that we wont' see that now. Porto may very well lose some of their bigger stars now for sure. Rolando is one that I have in mind particularly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:06 pm

McLewis wrote:I have to agree with Franchise here...

This move came a season too early imo.....I was really looking forward to seeing how Villas Boas' Porto side would've done in the CL after making short work of their competitors in the....it's a real shame that we wont' see that now. Porto may very well lose some of their bigger stars now for sure. Rolando is one that I have in mind particularly.

Thats Porto's responsibility. AVB would take 2 players maximum with him. Hulk and Falcao. Others might be lured by other clubs, but Porto can hold on if they need to.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 pm

I cant wait to see how his attacking football translates to the EPL. the high line, high pressing, quick touches football.

chelsea now NEEDS Modric and a right winger which i suppose will be hulk
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:08 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Thats Porto's responsibility. AVB would take 2 players maximum with him. Hulk and Falcao. Others might be lured by other clubs, but Porto can hold on if they need to.

Falcao and Torres cant start together, let alone in a 433, a bit of a waste imo. same for Drogba and Torres.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:11 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Falcao and Torres cant start together, let alone in a 433, a bit of a waste imo. same for Drogba and Torres.

Yes we have a bit of a situation there, but Falcao had said that he is willing to go with AVB.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Doesnt Hulk have a release clause of 100m affraid
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm

That problem came up on the Chelsea section, but someone said that Torres had a release clause of 1Bn or something :p
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:13 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Thats Porto's responsibility. AVB would take 2 players maximum with him. Hulk and Falcao. Others might be lured by other clubs, but Porto can hold on if they need to.

hulk but no falcalo
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:That problem came up on the Chelsea section, but someone said that Torres had a release clause of 1Bn or something :p

i know ronaldos is 1bn, but it sounds like the sort of extravagant thing they wouldve done though
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:That problem came up on the Chelsea section, but someone said that Torres had a release clause of 1Bn or something :p

as far as I know. Torres did not have a release clause in his contract.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:15 pm

For AVB, this can go bothways. If he doesn't win anything next season he will lose his position. He won't have many clubs to go to unless Porto takes him back becouse he didn't do anything spectacular in Porto. However if he does good in Chelsea this is no bad move.

Good for Chelsea though.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Torres has a buy-out clause of 1 billion?

lol.

Messi has like ... half of that.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

A rumor suggests that Falcao has stated on his twitter that he would be willing to open negotiations with Perez and Mendes is trying to get him to become a real madrid player lol. Nothing serious though
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:19 pm

omarish wrote:For AVB, this can go bothways. If he doesn't win anything next season he will lose his position. He won't have many clubs to go to unless Porto takes him back becouse he didn't do anything spectacular in Porto. However if he does good in Chelsea this is no bad move.

Good for Chelsea though.

too true, i mean whats spectacular about winning the europa league while going undefeated in the league?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:20 pm

TBH im also not sure. I just remember reading that. Cant remember where or when. Maybe its just BS Razz

Anyways they will not ask for 100m right? Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:22 pm

fatman123 wrote:
omarish wrote:For AVB, this can go bothways. If he doesn't win anything next season he will lose his position. He won't have many clubs to go to unless Porto takes him back becouse he didn't do anything spectacular in Porto. However if he does good in Chelsea this is no bad move.

Good for Chelsea though.

too true, i mean whats spectacular about winning the europa league while going undefeated in the league?

Undefeated in the portugese league and Europa league... is europa league. Awesomely done by AVB but I doubt that will make many clubs interested if he flops in Chelsea...
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

TBH im also not sure. I just remember reading that. Cant remember where or when. Maybe its just BS Razz

He is quoted by A Bola as saying: "I know that a lot has been said and written about my future, but the fact is that I will only leave Porto for a team that's significantly better

Looks like he's not going to Chelsea

:coffee:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 pm

omarish wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Good for Chelsea though.

Undefeated in the portugese league and Europa league... is europa league. Awesomely done by AVB but I doubt that will make many clubs interested if he flops in Chelsea...

That judgement needs at least one season..
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

He is quoted by A Bola as saying: "I know that a lot has been said and written about my future, but the fact is that I will only leave Porto for a team that's significantly better

maybe liverpool then? drunken
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:26 pm

omarish wrote:
fatman123 wrote:

Good for Chelsea though.

I agree with this - at least no top club. He'd have to go back to a Europe league level team, and rebuild.
Not a very wise move indeed.

I also wouldn't be too happy to coach a Chelsea in their current state, players are getting older, and
people will have insane expectations within the club. I also wonder how much authority he will have over players like Terry and Drogba.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:27 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

I wouldnt say no Very Happy
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

dont mean to break your heart but i was being sarcastic Twisted Evil
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:39 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Well, I think many players would be more excited about joining Liverpool currently than Chelsea - they have a far more promising team.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:43 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

why would you do that to me infinity. why god dam it?

my Heart is now well and truly broken.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next