Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

+21
RobbyV
El Chelsea Fuerte
Busby Babe
EarlyPrototype
guest7
Mr Nick09
McLewis
TheRedStag
M99
xabi
Swanhends
Nishankly
Red Alert
iNFINITY9910
The Franchise
Sushi Master
teamanarchy
fatman123
Guiltybystander
uzonero
milanfan7
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:43 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:That problem came up on the Chelsea section, but someone said that Torres had a release clause of 1Bn or something :p

as far as I know. Torres did not have a release clause in his contract.

TBH im also not sure. I just remember reading that. Cant remember where or when. Maybe its just BS Razz

Anyways they will not ask for 100m right? Very Happy

He is quoted by A Bola as saying: "I know that a lot has been said and written about my future, but the fact is that I will only leave Porto for a team that's significantly better

Looks like he's not going to Chelsea

:coffee:

maybe liverpool then? drunken

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

I wouldnt say no Very Happy

dont mean to break your heart but i was being sarcastic Twisted Evil

why would you do that to me infinity. why god dam it?

my Heart is now well and truly broken.

TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:46 am

Seriously though, the Porto boss doesnt let his players go on the cheap

"If there are contracts with release clauses, we have to be prepared that some player might want to leave if the stipulated figure is met," he said. "I will not go to any country to negotiate. Just like it happened with Andre Villas-Boas, there will be no talks: there is an account number and money deposited there."

Thus far, there has been no contact, as Da Costa said: "We have not had any contact about the transfer of players and we do not know the intention of any one of them to leave."

However, on Tuesday, the agent of Falcao revealed that his client could be tempted by a move to London, telling The Sun: "If Villas Boas is the new coach of Chelsea it is normal for players that are closest to follow him.''

Porto have set a minimum release clause price of €30 million for Falcao's services while Moutinho's, despite spending just €12 million to land him from Sporting Lisbon last summer, stands at a similar level.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:47 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:That problem came up on the Chelsea section, but someone said that Torres had a release clause of 1Bn or something :p

TBH im also not sure. I just remember reading that. Cant remember where or when. Maybe its just BS Razz

He is quoted by A Bola as saying: "I know that a lot has been said and written about my future, but the fact is that I will only leave Porto for a team that's significantly better

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

why would you do that to me infinity. why god dam it?

my Heart is now well and truly broken.
Official: avb appointed as new Chelsea coach.  - Page 4 25730_10
🐷
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:50 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Seriously though, the Porto boss doesnt let his players go on the cheap

"If there are contracts with release clauses, we have to be prepared that some player might want to leave if the stipulated figure is met," he said. "I will not go to any country to negotiate. Just like it happened with Andre Villas-Boas, there will be no talks: there is an account number and money deposited there."

Thus far, there has been no contact, as Da Costa said: "We have not had any contact about the transfer of players and we do not know the intention of any one of them to leave."

However, on Tuesday, the agent of Falcao revealed that his client could be tempted by a move to London, telling The Sun: "If Villas Boas is the new coach of Chelsea it is normal for players that are closest to follow him.''

Porto have set a minimum release clause price of €30 million for Falcao's services while Moutinho's, despite spending just €12 million to land him from Sporting Lisbon last summer, stands at a similar level.

Chelsea needs Hulk.. mostly. I dont mind if Falcao doesn't come. We have enough strikers already.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:Seriously though, the Porto boss doesnt let his players go on the cheap

Chelsea needs Hulk.. mostly. I dont mind if Falcao doesn't come. We have enough strikers already.

Ya but If the Porto boss is telling the truth. Its €100m for Hulk or he's staying at Porto.

Obviously nobody in the right mind would pay anywhere near that amount for him.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am

I wonder how that would work though - I can't imagine you can just put a ridiculous price tag on a player and not engage in negotiations. I know that these buy-out clauses are in their contracts, but if it was that effective, I am surprised it hasn't created some sort of slippery slope where every sub-top team puts 100 million buy-out clauses on all their young players.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
McLewis wrote:I have to agree with Franchise here...

This move came a season too early imo.....I was really looking forward to seeing how Villas Boas' Porto side would've done in the CL after making short work of their competitors in the....it's a real shame that we wont' see that now. Porto may very well lose some of their bigger stars now for sure. Rolando is one that I have in mind particularly.

Thats Porto's responsibility. AVB would take 2 players maximum with him. Hulk and Falcao. Others might be lured by other clubs, but Porto can hold on if they need to.

Well I'm not antagonizing Chelsea. They paid Porto a hefty price to get AVB. No problem with that.

I just think it would've been great to see the team that played so well in the EL take their game to the CL with AVB at their head. Then at the end of that season, regardless of how it ended, he would leave, no doubt with his reputation still intact. That's what Franchise was getting at and that's what I agree with.

It just would've been nice to see a coach who worked so hard to build this team see them fully realize their potential under him and now they won't. That's not a slight to AVB or Chelsea. I still think he moved a season too early, but this also keeps in line with his overall thinking. He wants to experience it all in a very short time (I think he said he'd quit coaching after like 10 years or something like that).

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 am

McLewis wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

This move came a season too early imo.....I was really looking forward to seeing how Villas Boas' Porto side would've done in the CL after making short work of their competitors in the....it's a real shame that we wont' see that now. Porto may very well lose some of their bigger stars now for sure. Rolando is one that I have in mind particularly.

Thats Porto's responsibility. AVB would take 2 players maximum with him. Hulk and Falcao. Others might be lured by other clubs, but Porto can hold on if they need to.

Well I'm not antagonizing Chelsea. They paid Porto a hefty price to get AVB. No problem with that.

I just think it would've been great to see the team that played so well in the EL take their game to the CL with AVB at their head. Then at the end of that season, regardless of how it ended, he would leave, no doubt with his reputation still intact. That's what Franchise was getting at and that's what I agree with.

It just would've been nice to see a coach who worked so hard to build this team see them fully realize their potential under him and now they won't. That's not a slight to AVB or Chelsea. I still think he moved a season too early, but this also keeps in line with his overall thinking. He wants to experience it all in a very short time (I think he said he'd quit coaching after like 10 years or something like that).

I agree with this. I am disappointed in Villas Boas, not in Chelsea.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 am

Guiltybystander wrote:I wonder how that would work though - I can't imagine you can just put a ridiculous price tag on a player and not engage in negotiations. I know that these buy-out clauses are in their contracts, but if it was that effective, I am surprised it hasn't created some sort of slippery slope where every sub-top team puts 100 million buy-out clauses on all their young players.

Well ya, I'm sure its Porto's way of saying, "he's not leaving cheap" and using this to push his price up.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 am

Moving to Chelsea will not help him with the constant comparisons to Mourinho.

I think he will be remembered with having unfinished business at Porto. I understand why he took the the Chelsea job, not only is it a big club with a lot of money but he can build a whole new team because of the aging squad. Having the opportunity to build new team for a big club doesn't come often. If he came next season, he might of not had the chance to buy as many or the players he wanted, and deal with what the last manager brought.

Last edited by ronaldo__9 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 am

I suppose managers see certain jobs as ones that "they can't refuse"

Look at Roy leaving Fulham last year. He had no business to leave but in his own words the Liverpool job was one in which "he couldn't refuse". AVB probably feels the same way towards being offer the Chelsea job.

I agree with ronaldo_9 when he says the constant comparisons with Mou will not help him. And this is practically an inevitability.

Would have loved to see how Porto would have done in the CL this year if the team had stayed together.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:13 am

McLewis wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Ok well I agree with you. Most of us anyways was cool with Guus managing for one year and then getting AVB. But AVB is the one who took the initiative when he started negotiating with Inter. I'm pretty sure that Chelsea were willing to wait one more season. Check the Chelsea section and you will see that all the users were ready to accept Guus.

But if we were willing to do the waiting, we could have lost a great coach with a great potential.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
McLewis wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Ok well I agree with you. Most of us anyways was cool with Guus managing for one year and then getting AVB. But AVB is the one who took the initiative when he started negotiating with Inter. I'm pretty sure that Chelsea were willing to wait one more season. Check the Chelsea section and you will see that all the users were ready to accept Guus.

But if we were willing to do the waiting, we could have lost a great coach with a great potential.

Planning to appoint Guus for one year and replacing him, is very disrespectful to a manager of the calibre of Guss imo.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:20 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
McLewis wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Well I don't doubt that.

Either way, you guys would be getting a very good coach. It looks very rosy for you anyway you hash it, but like I said, I still think AVB moved too early. I don't like it honestly, but it is what it is now. There's really nothing else I can really say about it.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:27 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
McLewis wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Planning to appoint Guus for one year and replacing him, is very disrespectful to a manager of the calibre of Guss imo.

Heh.. ok I'll give the full explanation then.

Guus has said that he doesn't want to take the coaching role at a club because of the stress it causes and his age. But he once became the care taking manager for Chelsea after Scolari caused havoc inside the club. This he did reluctantly, but because he was a close friend and adviser of Abra. Then he parted ways, with his liking, not by sacking him, to make way for Carlo Ancelotti.

Then this is also a similar situation, Chelsea wanted him as a caretaking manager to later take on the Director Of Football position in the club. Its because Abra knows him very well, he might be willing to become a care taking manager but he would never accept the role on the long run. And in the end he will remain with the club as the DoF. There is no sacking or whatever with that, and no disrespect.

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:32 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
McLewis wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

Heh.. ok I'll give the full explanation then.

Guus has said that he doesn't want to take the coaching role at a club because of the stress it causes and his age. But he once became the care taking manager for Chelsea after Scolari caused havoc inside the club. This he did reluctantly, but because he was a close friend and adviser of Abra. Then he parted ways, with his liking, not by sacking him, to make way for Carlo Ancelotti.

Then this is also a similar situation, Chelsea wanted him as a caretaking manager to later take on the Director Of Football position in the club. Its because Abra knows him very well, he might be willing to become a care taking manager but he would never accept the role on the long run. And in the end he will remain with the club as the DoF. There is no sacking or whatever with that, and no disrespect.

Well appointing as a caretaker manager is a different scenario. If that was accepted by both parties as the agreed plan for only for one year, well then this would obviously be perfectly reasonable.

I thought you were suggesting giving him a contract for a few years. If this was the case, lining up his replacement in AVB before Hiddink had been in the job for even a second would have been pure madness.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 am

Haha no Hiddink is a hugely respected person at Chelsea.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 am

Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Well, I think many players would be more excited about joining Liverpool currently than Chelsea

Don't mean to start a Liverpool vs Chelsea war thread here but surely you have to rethink that?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:15 am

english_jewel wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Well, I think many players would be more excited about joining Liverpool currently than Chelsea

Don't mean to start a Liverpool vs Chelsea war thread here but surely you have to rethink that?

Oh, well, I didn't necessarily mean it as a bash against Chelsea - Chelsea is clearly the richer club and has been performing a lot better than Liverpool in recent years, but Liverpool has been building a very promising, exciting new team + has the history, whereas Chelsea is aging. I think many young players would be excited about being part of Liverpool's new project and the prospect of probably winning prices in the coming years (plus playing a big role in this teams, where competition at chelsea is much stiffer). However, if Villas-Boas is successful and manages to rebuild the team, that could very well change next year and make Chelsea similar to Liverpool.

My comment was more a response to the guy who made it seem like joining Liverpool is like joining some sort of second rate club and a ridiculous prospect for a player like Hulk, while that is certainly not the case anymore. (not saying he will join or anything)
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbyV Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:20 am

Hate to say it but he is not right for Chelsea. He will fail and be sacked by the end of the year.
RobbyV
RobbyV
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Flamengo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:21 am

I think it's a positive appointment by Chelsea. He's young and fresh, has some experience from when he worked with Mourinho and won the treble breaking records last season with Porto. I also heard Hiddink might help him out a bit. However Chelsea need titles immediately so I think he'll be under pressure.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:40 am

Guiltybystander wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Oh, well, I didn't necessarily mean it as a bash against Chelsea - Chelsea is clearly the richer club and has been performing a lot better than Liverpool in recent years, but Liverpool has been building a very promising, exciting new team + has the history, whereas Chelsea is aging. I think many young players would be excited about being part of Liverpool's new project and the prospect of probably winning prices in the coming years (plus playing a big role in this teams, where competition at chelsea is much stiffer). However, if Villas-Boas is successful and manages to rebuild the team, that could very well change next year and make Chelsea similar to Liverpool.

My comment was more a response to the guy who made it seem like joining Liverpool is like joining some sort of second rate club and a ridiculous prospect for a player like Hulk, while that is certainly not the case anymore. (not saying he will join or anything)

I believe thats me so I'll reply Very Happy

I'll quote you in my reply.

Chelsea is clearly the richer club and has been performing a lot better than Liverpool in recent years

I didnt mean any disrespect towards Liverpool and I actually like the pool fans. And I'm pretty confident that Pool would go past one of the top 4 clubs this season.

And about the ageing thing. Lampard, Drogba, Cole... who else, who are important players?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:43 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Chelsea is clearly the richer club and has been performing a lot better than Liverpool in recent years

I didnt mean any disrespect towards Liverpool and I actually like the pool fans. And I'm pretty confident that Pool would go past one of the top 4 clubs this season.

And about the ageing thing. Lampard, Drogba, Cole... who else, who are important players?

Well the age thing is being dealt by the club, no wonder they have bought a young manager with no CL experience so that he can build the second generation post-Roman.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:51 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Well, different levels of importance but: Lampard, Drogba, Cole, Terry, Benayoun, Malouda, Anelka, Ferreira are all in their 30ies, and some others are nearing 30 too. Most of the younger players are not all that promising. I think that is quite an old team, tbh.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 am

Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

Well, different levels of importance but: Lampard, Drogba, Cole, Terry, Benayoun, Malouda, Anelka, Ferreira are all in their 30ies, and some others are nearing 30 too. Most of the younger players are not all that promising. I think that is quite an old team, tbh.

Well that is going to rapidly change. We're thinking of buying an AM which would lower our reliance on Lampard, we're buying Lukaku to replace Drogba, Cole and Terry still plenty to go for and we have Aanholt and Bruma, both promising, on standby for them, Ferreira isn't even used now, Anelka is probably leaving this summer, Mceachran can be given a sub role next season to replace Benayoun, and we might use Malouda next season but we also have Kakuta for him (yes Kakuta had poor season last year but I'm sure with a manager showing some faith in him he'll be good again).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 am

Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:

--------Lucas--------
--gerrard--meireles
hulk------------suarez
-------carroll--------

these quotes look like a christmas tree.. or something Very Happy

anyways, Benayoun is a squad player. Malouda will most probably leave this season. So would Anelka. Ferreira might leave as well. And they were marked to leave way before sacking Carlo.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next