kiranr
danyjr
The Franchise
eelir
BarrileteCosmico
57 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple - Page 10 Empty Re: Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:28 am

CBarca wrote:Who the hell is Tata?

Ex Paraguay coach.

Got them to the final of the Copa America in 11', put on a good showing in the WC....reading he is a Bielsa guy...same theories and ideas of possession, pressing and verticality.

Dont know anything else but those things alone put him above Roura Quagmire face and Rubix-cube or whatever his name is.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple - Page 10 Empty Re: Francesc 'Tito' Vilanova: The Disciple

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:31 am

Tata Martino is the second coming of Bielsa Proud

Alfred knows more about him, but based on what ive seen he plays a 4-3-3, likes to use counter attack tactics like any south american coach.He won the Argentinian league and led NOB almost to the Libertadores final with a team made up of 3-4 good players.

Tbh i think he can do a better job than Luis Enrique.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:41 am

I cant say with any certainty, but I didnt see a counter attack team for Paraguay. Might of looked like that vs Spain because they didnt have much ball and they play directly, but the without ball part wasnt by choice.

I mean, its hard to remember exactly, but most games I saw of them during that 10-11 period of the WC and Copa, they wanted to retain the ball.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 am

And I read he used lobsided 4411 with Paraguay most often...though formation is only relative to the players most often so I guess it dont mean much.

edit: Some info

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/08/paraguay-world-cup-2010-tactics/

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2011/07/10/brazil-2-2-paraguay-brazil-tactics/

Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:53 am; edited 2 times in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:46 am

Let's just wait for Alfred Proud

If he is a fan of counter-attacking tactics he can piss off.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:57 am

Maybe it depends on what the definition of counter attacking football is, I remember that on the 2 games paraguay played vs us at Copa America they played defensively and countered with Estigarribia (the man who violated Alves) and Valdez on a 4-4-2.Against Atletico Mineiro a couple of weeks ago  he did the same thing, just with a different formation.

@CBarca, he doesnt always use counter attack tactics,im just pointing out that on most of the games i watched him take part, mainly tough games, he played like that.

I think alfred's view will be much clearer, but i believe that if he does take over then your style will change in some aspects.But I also think that he could get the best out of the likes of Cesc,Neymar,Sanchez,Tello etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:01 am

Oh I understand that, I'm just saying that IF he is, THEN he can piss off Very Happy

I appreciate the information regardless since I have never heard of him before. I've watched his Paraguay team before, but was unaware he was the man at the helm.

Regardless, I don't think of what I've read of him he can be worse than Roura. Dunno who the hell Rubi is either.

I guess the coolest thing about the guy is the name Tata is an arms length away from Tito so I won't have to make that much of an adjustment Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:24 am

Yeah probably he was more conservative and defence minded against the likes of Brazil, Spain and Italy (played in the WC I think) and against other sides he can let them off the reins. Sensible I guess if not the most brave.

I think his go to formation for Para was this 442-433 hybrid.

442 with one striker off to the side, 3 centermidfielders which included a holder and 1 winger. Different teams, different formations im sure though.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 am

Interesting things coming up for us.
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:47 am

Need a coach who can fit Messi, Neymar, Iniesta and Fabregas all in the same team.
The purchase of a top CB is still needed and hopefully buying Marquinhos might make PSG soft on letting Thiago Silva go. With a coaching change and a possible slight change in philosophy, we will require a top class defence

In other news, Thiago impresses for Bayern in pre-season.
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:32 am

Tata is from Rosario, youth product of Newell's Old Boys (player then coach).

Messi approves! Thumbs up 
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 am

danyjr wrote:
neuro11 wrote:So, medicore past has more importance than glorious recent??? great logic....
Tell me a little about klopp's glorious past then....I am one of those who did not hear about him up until recently.......
Heynckes is 68. Klopp is 46. Your argument is so *bleep* I don't even know where to begin with.

Spoiler:

And so?? Read carefully those of here suggesting Heyneckes, its for a short term or interim period....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 am

According to media, its highly likely that Luis will take it. Though the name of "Tata" in some medias as well......
Other names though rumoured at the beginning, not so much right now.......
If Luis leads i dont expect much change from Tito (can be worse in some decisions even). But "Tata" will be whole different story i guess. He is coming with totally a different kind of experience (NOB and Paraguay), never had so many big names in the squad, have some south american playing style.....
Most of us dont know about this guy, so it will be interesting to see how manages, changes tactics....etc
I think its a risk Rosell is going to take if true

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 am

The two front rowers are Luiz Enrique and Tata Martino. Nobody else is in with a shot. Club wants to have it all done by Monday, and is apparently talking to/negotiating with both.

People have been doing some investigating on Martino, and he is of the Bielsa school (as is Guardiola). Vertical, pressing, pretty much the game th at we used to play. He is also available, being presently out of coaching (unlike Enrique). I reckon he would certainly be the easiest call, and one that, being an Argentine, ai can't imagine that Messi would be too disappointed with.
Is he going to solve out the issue of pressing that we so struggled with last season? Most probable and hopefully.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 pm

I certainly think it is too early for both these coaches to manage a club of Barcelona's stature. It would be disloyal and also stupid for Enrique to quit Celta after penning a contract for two seasons. He needs more experience before he can jump to a big club. It could end up in a disaster.

As for Tata, he admires possession football and, as mentioned, is influenced a lot by loco Bielsa. Don't expect false 9 and youth development though, he likes his striker(s) and his Newell's Old Boys whom became Torneo Final champions were the oldest team in the competition after Boca. I think he is ready to go to Europe but Barcelona will prove a step too big for him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:49 pm

danyjr wrote:I certainly think it is too early for both these coaches to manage a club of Barcelona's stature. It would be disloyal and also stupid for Enrique to quit Celta after penning a contract for two seasons. He needs more experience before he can jump to a big club. It could end up in a disaster.
Like with Pep and Tito?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Harmonica wrote:
danyjr wrote:I certainly think it is too early for both these coaches to manage a club of Barcelona's stature. It would be disloyal and also stupid for Enrique to quit Celta after penning a contract for two seasons. He needs more experience before he can jump to a big club. It could end up in a disaster.
Like with Pep and Tito?
The game is very different in Europe than in South America. I would be wary of how he can handle a team full of superstars and also he's never been under pressure to win. Let's not get distracted though, Barcelona desperately need a new management before a new coach or centre back. I can't get over it, but the fact that Thiago was sold at the worst time possible is how ignorant and arrogant your board are. Are Rosell & Co. trying to destroy everything Laporta did, including the many good things he did for Barcelona? These guys are nutcases.

PS: Rub those 100 points in my face but I don't consider Vilanova a success.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:32 pm

But Lucho has more top level experience than Pep and Tito had? And they were far from disasters.

New management? What on earth is that about, Rosell is doing just fine, financially he's far better than Laporta, and that's his main job.

Thiago was no Barca material at all, overrated beyond belief and had no Barca in his heart. He's worst traitor in Barcelona history, and I can only thank Tito for exposing such smug from the team.

Lucho knows the team inside out, everybody knows him, he has Barca DNA, you can bet your life he's has already studied Barcelona tactics, and is easily the most logical choice for next season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Lucho could work, but he could also not. It is a big risk to take, but he is more suited to coach in Spain than anywhere else because he is too stubborn to change. He did not adapt to Italian football and often tried to change it without looking at the big picture. Just a couple of weeks ago AVB was saying how he was trying to change the English mentality at Chelsea only to fail miserably but now he's embraced the culture and look how well Spurs are doing under him.

Also lol @ Rosell is doing fine financially (by getting Qatar on your shirt gg Laughing) and Thiago being overrated (I suggest you watch him play against Hamburg a couple of days ago, he was mesmerising).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:11 pm

It's the most logical choice, there is far bigger risk of bringing some complete outsider to the mix.

Yes, that what's called financially sound, we have one line in the shirt so that we can buy a good player every season, and still lower our debt. Blank shirt in today's environment would be so unbelievable stupid thing anyway.

He mesmerized you in friendly game, against a team who they beat competitively 9-2 without him? That one highlight pass is nothing that Cesc couldn't do with his eyes closed.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Jiopsi, just stop embarrassing yourself with idiotic statements like 'Thiago is the biggest traitor in Barça's history'.

It's a complete and utter lie.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:49 pm

free_cat wrote:Jiopsi, just stop embarrassing yourself with idiotic statements like 'Thiago is the biggest traitor in Barça's history'.

It's a complete and utter lie.

Free why even bother. He is a troll.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Free, please go with your stupidity, I couldn't care less what your simple mind thinks about the matter.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Good posters leaving lately for increasing too many trolls in our section. Barca forum here is as effected by troll as the Barca club by Rosell & co.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Harmonica wrote:Free, please go with your stupidity, I couldn't care less what your simple mind thinks about the matter.

My stupidity? My stupidity???! It can't get more stupid than saying utter rubbish like thiago is the biggest traitor ever for Barça. It's one of the most idiotic thing I've ever read in this forum and there are plenty.

What about figo going to Madrid after saying he would never leave?

Ronaldo leaving us for inter after agreeing a renewal?

Cesc, Pique, Canos and plenty of youngsters who leave Barça although they see plenty of game time in his age bracket, unlike thiago

Samitier to Madrid?

And your idol Rosell who was involved in the figo transfer professionally.

And a long etc.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 am

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Free, please go with your stupidity, I couldn't care less what your simple mind thinks about the matter.

My stupidity? My stupidity???! It can't get more stupid than saying utter rubbish like thiago is the biggest traitor ever for Barça. It's one of the most idiotic thing I've ever read in this forum and there are plenty.

What about figo going to Madrid after saying he would never leave?

Ronaldo leaving us for inter after agreeing a renewal?

Cesc, Pique, Canos and plenty of youngsters who leave Barça although they see plenty of game time in his age bracket, unlike thiago

Samitier to Madrid?

And your idol Rosell who was involved in the figo transfer professionally.

And a long etc.
Thiago is like a Satan compared to Figo and the rest. He took absolutely everything from Barcelona to this day, and gave absolutely nothing. Barca invested 8 years to him, and just when he's starting to show some promise, and the things got "though" and the first chance he got, he leaves, like a unbelievable smug glory hunter he is.

Figo wasn't Barca youth, gave plenty joy and quality for Barcelona, and furthermore left by giving, what in today's money would be about 80-90M€ for Barcelona.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next