Messi breaks the global scoring record in a single season in first division football

+31
Pedram
Paprika
Milan31
windkick
kiranr
LeBéninois
nasir6371
Blue Barrett
daneq
harhar11
gnrfan
urbaNRoots
S32TABLANCA
Dnmac4
guest7
eelir
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
billionmillion
Le Samourai
Lord Hades
stunt
the xcx
Harmonica
Gil
EarlyPrototype
Sushi Master
che
Swanhends
Valkyrja
Albiceleste
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Messi breaks the global scoring record in a single season in first division football - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi breaks the global scoring record in a single season in first division football

Post by kiranr Mon May 07, 2012 7:45 am

Crimson wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Or maybe, it could just be that the attackers are getting better?

And how do you explain the lower number of goals scored per game in the current era?

I am a firm believer that everything is a lot better than it was in the past. I believe the same applies to football too.

lower? lol

Is what i said wrong? If so, do you have stats to back it up? Because i have stats to back up my claim.

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Messi breaks the global scoring record in a single season in first division football - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi breaks the global scoring record in a single season in first division football

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2012 7:47 am

kiranr wrote:
Crimson wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Or maybe, it could just be that the attackers are getting better?

And how do you explain the lower number of goals scored per game in the current era?

I am a firm believer that everything is a lot better than it was in the past. I believe the same applies to football too.

lower? lol

Is what i said wrong? If so, do you have stats to back it up? Because i have stats to back up my claim.

I'll make a thread just for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon May 07, 2012 7:49 am

Crimson wrote:
I'll make a thread just for you Smile

Alright Crimson.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon May 07, 2012 7:50 am

20 years before it was 3.50 goals per game, today its 2.70 per game. How past defenses were better? what a stupid bias from some posters :facepalm:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Mon May 07, 2012 8:09 am

Here are stats from different world cups

Matches played 32
Goals scored 89 (2.78 per match)
WC 1966

Matches played 32
Goals scored 95 (2.97 per match)

Matches played 38
Goals scored 97 (2.55 per match)

Matches played 38
Goals scored 102 (2.68 per match)

Matches played 52
Goals scored 146 (2.81 per match)

Matches played 52
Goals scored 132 (2.54 per match)

Matches played 52
Goals scored 141 (2.71 per match)

Matches played 64
Goals scored 171 (2.67 per match)

Matches played 64
Goals scored 161 (2.52 per match)

Matches played 64
Goals scored 147 (2.3 per match)

Matches played 64
Goals scored 145 (2.27 per match)

World Cup 2010 has the lowest average goal per game ratio. today defenses and tactics are more difficult to score than past overrated slow defenses i showed you fact. Take your stupidity to somewhere else pls
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 07, 2012 10:09 am

Why do you bother with Crimson, the guy is a joke. He is so butthurt that it's not even funny.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 07, 2012 11:00 am

Messi breaks the global scoring record in a single season in first division football - Page 4 Tumblr_m3m105zlHw1rorqt4o1_500

“They look to another place, they ignore their opponents’ success and they give value to the Pichichi trophy as if was a big title. MESSI KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS. Last Sat, CR scored 4 goals, obsessed as he is with the Pichichi. 4 goals that come late, that will solve nothing for RMA. Only worthy to strengthen his personal ego, his vanity.”

This is what was written about CR's goal rush last season. So I guess it's only fair to say that a big deal is being made of this because Barca don't want to address the real problems. hmm

Clearly Messi is a raging ego-maniac wanting to strengthen his vanity hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 pm

kiranr wrote:

It's not a matter of believing. In any objective sport, current sportsmen are better than those 20, 40 or 60 years before. Sprinters are faster (they run under 10 seconds always, they didn't some decades ago), swimmers are better (world records and average times are lower every World Championship and Olympics), Cyclists more endurant (The top 10 fastest ascensions to the Alpe D'huez happened after 1994 although this mountain has been ascended since 1952.), and a long etc.

It's obvious that football follows the same path.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4