McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
Red Alert
Art Morte
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool v Chelsea, Tuesday 8th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Chelsea, Tuesday 8th May

Post by Nishankly Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Good result.
Might just finish 7th.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Chelsea, Tuesday 8th May - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v Chelsea, Tuesday 8th May

Post by McAgger Tue May 08, 2012 10:23 pm

Now all we need is for Newcastle to beat Everton, or at least take two points off them, and we'll have it all in our hands to finish above Everton once again LOL, that might just make this season less unfortunate.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Wed May 09, 2012 1:25 am

Arquitecto wrote:I don't see how Chelsea have little motivation as they will want to push for that 4th spot as small as a chance they have along with their expectations to finish in the best possible place.

If anything, Liverpool have little motivation (despite the everton competition) so this point of Chelsea not being motivated does not cut it for me.
realistically, would you focus on 1 game (champions league final) to get champions league football next season, or go and play 2 top squads in the barclays league to MAYBE get champions league.?

yes they fielded a weaker squad, but dont take out the fact the chelsea had a fairly decent squad on the field. we had a semi 1st team squad too, so chelsea fans have no excuse for the result tonight.

Carroll superb, my man of the match personally.
Suarez amazing
henderson done great tonight
as did shelvey.
back was solid (ish) besides the goal. (which i honestly missed by taking a few guys home after our footy practice)

Shelvey goal = brilliant (shouldn't be a TW@ Keeper lol)
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 09, 2012 1:55 am

Yes, we clearly wanted to win that match. Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 am

Kick wrote:Yes, we clearly wanted to win that match. Rolling Eyes
So it was your plan to get absolutely embarrassed in the match after wining a trophy and in one of your final chances to get Champion's League football next season? Turnbull was an interesting choice, I grant you. However, Ivanovic and Terry are your first choice CB pairing at the moment. And, you were playing with two DMs. Fullbacks and GK were the only ones that were a real stretch.

Don't give me the "we didn't go out to win" line. Chelsea set up to play the same tactics as the FA Cup final, sitting back and hitting on the counter. The difference was we didn't give you a 64 minute head-start this time.

If you really did hand us the match, you did so by letting a midfield with the combined age of Ryan Giggs+3 run rampant on your back line.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 am

Nishank wrote:Confirmed #LFC v Chelsea: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Henderson, Maxi, Downing, Shelvey, Suarez, Carroll

subs: Doni, Coates, Kelly, Spearing, Sterling, Bellamy, Kuyt

We are so dead. :facepalm:
Shelvey-Henderson midfield Razz
Very Happy
Art Morte wrote:Carragher starting over Coates :facepalm:
Carra tonight: Tackles : 2 (100% won) Ground Duels: 6 (100% won) Aerial Duels: 2 (100% won) Pass Accuracy: 83%
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 09, 2012 8:43 am

Think it was more of the fact that we should be bleeding Coates in red.

I do feel Jamie will hang up his boots though, and why Gerrard wasn't involved so he could be captain infront of the Kop for one more time.

[quote="Kick"]Yes, we clearly wanted to win that match. :roll: [/quote]

With FFP coming in soon, and you having a 20% chance of winning the CL, you really should of attempted to make the four. I don't think Roman will be happy with Europa, so Di Matteo basically shot himself in the foot if he doesn't win the CL final - well if he wanted the full-time job.

Bar Cech, I do think that was your best team available as the likes of Lampard and Drogba are into their 30's and cannot play two games in 5 days or so. Cole for the same reason, if though he has a great work-rate, he will have to control the flow of Robbery.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 09, 2012 8:55 am

Yes, bar Cech. Rolling Eyes

Mata is just as important as Cech. If we want to win, we play Mata, if he doesn't feature, we don't care about the match.

Yes, he is that important to our team.

you guys seriously think we went out to win that match? top four was a long shot before the match anyway.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 09, 2012 9:01 am

Forgot about Mata. =P

We were still beatable though and you didn't play to win. That's no ones fault bar Chelsea's. If Newcastle or Spurs slipped up, you could of made into the four. There's no excuses.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 am

Kick wrote:Yes, bar Cech. Rolling Eyes

Mata is just as important as Cech. If we want to win, we play Mata, if he doesn't feature, we don't care about the match.

Yes, he is that important to our team.

you guys seriously think we went out to win that match? top four was a long shot before the match anyway.
absolute bullshit reply saying "if we don't play mata, we dont care about the game". so we didn't play gerrard, we didn't want to win last night. but we did.

sounds stupid doesn't it
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 am

RedOranje wrote:
Nishank wrote:Confirmed #LFC v Chelsea: Reina, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Johnson, Henderson, Maxi, Downing, Shelvey, Suarez, Carroll

subs: Doni, Coates, Kelly, Spearing, Sterling, Bellamy, Kuyt

We are so dead. :facepalm:
Shelvey-Henderson midfield Razz
Very Happy
Art Morte wrote:Carragher starting over Coates :facepalm:
Carra tonight: Tackles : 2 (100% won) Ground Duels: 6 (100% won) Aerial Duels: 2 (100% won) Pass Accuracy: 83%

I accept this humiliation. Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 09, 2012 9:42 am

Suarez has been more important to you this year.

Mata is our only creative player, without him, we create bugger all.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 09, 2012 9:46 am

Wasn't Torres your 50 million assist machine. Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 am

That proves my point when Torres gets the second most Assists for us...
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed May 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Kick, while I disagree with my cohorts here claiming you put out a side trying to win, the truth is we were nowhere near our strongest. The midfield pairing of Shelvey and Henderson was absolutely dominated by a Fulham side just a week ago, and you're forgetting that even at full strength this year we've been beaten by the likes of QPR at home. When we're playing Agger at LB and starting Carragher, who's been poor this year, when our midfield has a combined age under 45, you have no excuse for the performance your team put out today. We get it, this wasn't your top choices and the game had little purpose for your team, but the truth of the matter is that your B players should've been fighting for the opportunity to be part of the 18 in Munich, and instead got absolutely embarrassed by an equally depleted squad. Neither side was at full strength, and neither side had anything to play for, and yet one side looked like football players and the other looked like I could've started for them.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 am

Here's something to think about, our CMs together = Ryan Giggs + 3 years...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2