LeBéninois
juventus101
Sushi Master
Lord Awesome
animal.crackers
32 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Cavani? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Cavani?

Post by guest7 Fri May 11, 2012 1:03 pm

ynwa wrote:^ Not sure what you're trying to argue there, but if you were to base it on stats, wouldn't that just mean Cavani is better - considering he has more goals than both in less games played?

He meant Higuain and Benzema have been sharing time and both of them have played alot less minutes than Cavani.

Benzema >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cavani. Cavani is only better at heading, pressing and scoring. But that's it, Benzema is superior in all other aspects. And Benzema isn't even far off in terms of scoring....

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Cavani? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Cavani?

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 pm

Cavani is also better at Long range shots and Workrate.Benz is only faster and he's a better passer and Dribbler.Also Cavani would most probably score atleast 40+goals if he had the service Benz and Higuain have.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 1:36 pm

Really.....

The team creates for Ronaldo not for Benzema....I dunno what service you're speaking of....Napoli is a team built on supplying chances just to Cavani.

Benzema is not a striker anyway.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

I dont know if Cavani is better than Benz or not..but to say Cavani is "only" better at scoring dont make any sense.

What do you mean "only"...they are both strikers right..its sort of the job.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

With Ronaldo in the team it is the most unfair thing in the world to judge Benzema on scoring.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2012 1:49 pm

dostoevsky wrote:In terms of this forum's appraisal of Cavani, I do believe that in certain aspects of his game Cavani is overrated, namely his technique which is comparatively poor given his reputation. I've seen him listed when people inquire as to frontmen with the best technique, however I believe this is one of his weaknesses. It is not a weakness that inhibits his play though and in fairness his technique for a centre forward is perfectly adequate, he's simply not of the echelon of a striker such as Ibrahimovic.

His work rate, movement and finishing distinguish him as one of Europe's finest frontmen however. Despite flourishing in what is a counter-attacking system which play to his strengths he's by no means a selfish or uninvolved striker. Cavani works harder than any striker in Europe when it comes to defending for his team. He'll chase down a player for more than half the pitch then make a tackle on the edge of the box, and he'll do it all game. I've described him before as Napoli's third best centre-back before with good reason.

Napoli's front three are quite fluid and it's not unusual for Cavani to spend large portions of the game on the wing whilst Pandev or Lavezzi adopt a more central role and he thrives on interchanging positions with his team mates and aiding the team's midfield exchange before he appears at the perfect moment in the box to fashion a chance.

As concerns your friend's criticism that the Cavani who was so deadly against City isn't the one that turns up every week in the league, there is a degree of truth in it, however over the course of 38 games drops in intensity are natural and it must be said that Mazzari's lack of rotation can leave the team absolutely exhausted at times. As an overall quantity and what he brings to his team I consider one of the best centre forwards in the world, certainly.
+111111111111
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Really.....

The team creates for Ronaldo not for Benzema....I dunno what service you're speaking of....Napoli is a team built on supplying chances just to Cavani.

Benzema is not a striker anyway.

I dont agree with this at all..thats a misconception that many have.The team isnt centered around Cavani.

I can show you games where he has assisted Lavezzi and Hamsik.

Its a trident who keep interchanging positions.

Last edited by Surag on Fri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 11, 2012 1:51 pm

glorified version of chicharito
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Le Samourai wrote:With Ronaldo in the team it is the most unfair thing in the world to judge Benzema on scoring.

You just have to take Cristiano's play into consideration. You cant just exclude the scoring section of the debate, or even dismiss it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Se7en wrote:
ynwa wrote:^ Not sure what you're trying to argue there, but if you were to base it on stats, wouldn't that just mean Cavani is better - considering he has more goals than both in less games played?

He meant Higuain and Benzema have been sharing time and both of them have played alot less minutes than Cavani.

Benzema >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cavani. Cavani is only better at heading, pressing and scoring. But that's it, Benzema is superior in all other aspects. And Benzema isn't even far off in terms of scoring....

According to you , Cavani is only better at scoring , headers and pressing .
You forgot Cavani is faster as a well , athleticaly better and his precision in front of goal is simply frightening.

what else do you want Laughing

If you still disagree , it's ok , though Cavani's goals this season might convince you i think.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Well here you go.

The effect of Cristiano's play.

Cavani takes approximately 50% of his attacking trident as outlined by by Surag's shots.

Benzema on the other hand takes a whopping 25-26% depending on if you use Di Maria or Higuain.....ie...the "striker" takes less than a third of the quota of shots taken by our 3 attackers.

Clearly one team is engineered to put one of them in scoring positions more often.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri May 11, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Its much easier to score if you play for Real Madrid than if you play for Napoli...Its not even negotiable.Also isn't scoring goals a striker's main objective?And Cavani is much better than Benz at it.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 11, 2012 2:11 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:Its much easier to score if you play for Real Madrid than if you play for Napoli...Its not even negotiable.Also isn't scoring goals a striker's main objective?And Cavani is much better than Benz at it.

Of course it is , no question about it , though we must take into consideration that it's not the same to play for Real Madrid than Napoli .

Way more pressure , the highest of expectations , big competition within the team.. Still Cavani edges it , but the gap is small and delicate.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Goals per minute.

Cavani: every 123 minutes.
Benzema:every 114.

And I've had this discussion before, goals is not the only thing required of a striker, in our setup it's not even Benzema's primary focus, whether he scored 2 goals or 200 this season I would still call him a better player than Cavani.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 pm

You cant tell with all guarantee that Benzema would be more effective at scoring if a team was built around him(or a Real Madrid team devoid of CR) as he's missed a no.of sitters too which shows he's not the most clinical forward around.He would certainly have more chances though ,but whats the point he's reveling in his role as a false 9 ,he's directly assisting CR too thereby helping out the team's cause.anyone would argue that Benzema is the better overall player.

Goals per minute.

Dont understand why this is brought up.Admit by your analysis Benzema takes lesser shots on goal..but comparing RM abundance of creativity to Napoli's ?Comparing LigaBBVA to Serie A ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri May 11, 2012 2:43 pm

the point that people are trying to make here is that both benzema and higuain whenever they play arent the main goal threat for madrid, they arent the primary and direct threats at goal.. its not because they are bad or anything, but that we have cristiano ronaldo, i bet cavani would have to play second fiddle to him too

on topic i rate him very highly, have to watch him more to form a more objective opinion though
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 11, 2012 2:43 pm

I watch Napoli most of the time and I watched Real Madrid towards the end of the season and based on the time I saw Benz was missing sitter after sitter and Cavani scored alot of goals while having much lesser chances.

vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm

I agree with that Hispano that they're playing second fiddle to Ronaldo but They still get their fair share of their chances though.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Benzema better to me. Benzema isnt all about scoring, he can score and can create goal constantly.

Benz has 27 goals and 13 assist this season played far less time than Cavani

Cavani has 28 goals and 5 assist .

Who is all around better striker ? Benzema to me.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Goals per minute.

And I've had this discussion before, goals is not the only thing required of a striker, in our setup it's not even Benzema's primary focus, whether he scored 2 goals or 200 this season I would still call him a better player than Cavani.

Here's my humble opinion. There are only 2 positions in football that their purpose will never , ever change , despite the age , the culture , the tactics or the evolution of the game.

Position n.1 : The Goalkeeper . Primary Goal : Stop Goals.

Position n.2 : The Center Forward . Primary Goal : SCORE GOALS

Now , you can ask a CF to do a lot of other stuff , Mourinho's favourite if i may , but his primary goal is goals and will remain goals . Now , if a striker with Benzema's quality , chooses for the better of his team in games, that's great , but it doesn't change the subject. A CF is judged by goals , is there because he can score goals and is there because no other position in football is so connected with scoring goals.

It's not a coincedence the terms Center-Forward - Goalscorer go hand by hand most of the time.

So , despite what Benzema does or is instructed to do for Real Madrid , CFs are judged by goals and that cannot go unnoticed. Cavani is a better goalscorer and the most precise CF right now after Gomez and Ibrahimovic , so yes he is better in what he does than Benzema. And it's not just the goals he's better , he's faster off the ball as well and his work rate for a CF is strange . He can assist goals like Benzema as well..

He's tacticaly astute as he has proven in counter attacks or with the offside and in terms of dribbling , not bad either , though Benzema is clearly better at that.

In the end , their difference is small and you can argue that Benzema is more talented in general, but Cavani right now is a better player , because he plays the position better than Benzema .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 11, 2012 2:52 pm

If strikers are to be judged solely on Goal scoring.

Higuain,Gomez,Huntelar>>>>>>>cavani

Laughing

and please mou dont like only goalscorers.

Higuain is the best finisher in real madrid squad and one of the best in the world,does not stopped Mourinho from benching him for Benzema.

Last edited by Adit on Fri May 11, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 2:53 pm

I watched Gomez miss sitter after sitter in both legs against us as well.....that's not the point.

Benzema misses sitters , but he also scores many goals that other players simply wouldn't score. If you're judging "scoring" that has to be taken into account and that's why he has such a good goal to minute ratio.

Look if that was his job we'd just play Callejon and Higuain every game because both of them are much better at converting chances supplied by others and they are clinical.

Y

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Adit Higuain has scored less goals than Cavani and Huntelaar was a huge Flop At Milan and Real Madrid,He's a small club type of player.Nice try though.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:Adit Higuain has scored less goals than Cavani and Huntelaar was a huge Flop At Milan and Real Madrid,He's a small club type of player.Nice try though.

Higuain is playing less minutes than Cavani, i dont think he compares in terms of goal/min

Same with Benzema, i am pretty sure that he has played less minutes.

Looking at appearances isnt enough, because many times, Benzema and higuain are coming off the bench late in the game.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Adit wrote:If strikers are to be judged solely on Goal scoring.

Higuain,Gomez,Huntelar>>>>>>>cavani

Laughing

and please mou dont like only goalscorers.

Higuain is the best finisher in real madrid squad and one of the best in the world,does not stopped Mourinho from benching him for Benzema.

i never said solely , that's your words , not mine.

I said the main objective and the main reason for comparison for CF's are the goals.

If you are going to question that as well , you would question elementary stuff in football and i am not interested in such a discussion . Besides , i just said Cavani is better than Benzema as a CF , i didn't act as if Benzema is S*** .

In addition , what you said about Mourinho , proves me correct if anything. Mourinho can want whatever he likes in his team and he instructs his CF what to do , but it doesn't mean football will change it's standards because Benzema does it right .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 11, 2012 3:06 pm

I know they've played less minutes but Its easier to score goals If you play for Real Madrid.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next