LeBéninois
juventus101
Sushi Master
Lord Awesome
animal.crackers
32 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Cavani? - Page 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Cavani?

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:31

Doc wrote:So what exactly the last 4 pages was about then?

Serie A> EPL+la liga
Napoli> city
Cavani> messi

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Cavani? - Page 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Cavani?

Post by Ion Creanga Fri 11 May 2012, 16:31

And i do realise that in a league where Real madrid and Barcelona crushes every opponent with 4 goals at least it's a lot easier to score goals.. What's their goal rate against teams that really do count such bayern, barcelona? They faced to big teams this season: Barcelona and Bayern, and they were not able to do big things against any of them..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 11 May 2012, 16:31

Benzema is in the exact same (actually worse because Messi is a player who is actually willing to pass, and capable of making through balls) to Zlatan.

He has no position, when Ronaldo feels like he isnt scoring enough and he starts camping out in the box , he has to move to the wings, when Ronaldo feels the superstar vibe and gets the idea that kick run and cross is even a mildly effective tactic, Benzema has run into the box and play in a position he is least effective.

Zlatan's style suited Barca more than Benzema's suits ours.

Players get judged on everything they do...not just one thing, people need to learn that.Scoring is no more valuable than creating, converting penalties is no more valuable than winning them...etc etc.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 11 May 2012, 16:31

DeviAngel wrote:Gomez better than Cavani? I don't like Cavani but ppl here really really make funny statements.

cavani is poor in tech, but his finishing is great and u say gomez ? .... Cavani in big club with light up and tear apart in league he is beast

Whats funny about that? Gomez consistently scores goals every single season in the CL and Bundesliga..... yes his finishing maybe erratic but so is Cavani's.....

Cavani is'nt as lethal as some say, he needs chances to score like Gomez does they both score goals because of thier movement and ability to consistently to get into positions to score.....

If we are going to compare lethality between Falcao, Higuain, Gomez and Cavani it would probably go......

Falcao > Higuain > Gomez = Cavani

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 11 May 2012, 16:32

MrNick09 wrote:of course he is, he is easily a top 10 CF, whoever say otherwise is cray, and he is a madridista Very Happy

No he's not..He only said it would be a honor to play for a club like RM.

He is a Juventus Fan actually.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 11 May 2012, 16:33

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
Cavani is one of the best CFs in the world at the moment and it's only logical to compare him with other top CFs. Still , despite the stats you provided , Cavani has over 30 goals and that is quite something for a CF who plays for the 5th team in Italy.

that's not an argument either, it really doesnt mean anything. He is the center piece of his team, and he is their top scorer.

"5th best team in italy" doesnt mean that napoli is not able to crate chances for him, or that he deserves any special credit for that.

Well , any special credit , no , he shouldn't i won't disagree .

But (just) credit ? Yes . In any case , it isn't one of the big arguements i wanted to point out anyway. I just thought to say it , because it's not the same playing for Milan , Juventus or Real Madrid than Napoli.

He may be the spearhead in their attacks , but , those attacks fruit because of him . Lavezzi might be responsible for many of his goals for example , but in the end , it's up to Cavani to end them and get the credit for both of them.

But again , you re right , it's not worthy of any special praise or whatever and it weren't my intention to express it as a big , or very important arguement. Afterall , Napoli are a great team who were competitive for most of the season, their current position in the rankings was just for the record.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:33

tuddor wrote:And i do realise that in a league where Real madrid and Barcelona crushes every opponent with 4 goals at least it's a lot easier to score goals.. What's their goal rate against teams that really do count such bayern, barcelona? They faced to big teams this season: Barcelona and Bayern, and they were not able to do big things against any of them..

really?? Benzema was not able to do anything against Barca? or Bayern? are you on crack?

And Higuain has played and scored plenty against Barcelona when he had the chance to.

oh yeah my bad, football started in 2010
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri 11 May 2012, 16:34

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Serie A> EPL+la liga
Napoli> city
Cavani> messi

very poor sarcasm...

what's la liga except barcelona and real?

Villareal 0 p in ucl group stage..
Valencia.. wasn't able to pass from a group that contained leverkusen and genk.. Very impressing
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 11 May 2012, 16:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Gomez better than Cavani? I don't like Cavani but ppl here really really make funny statements.

cavani is poor in tech, but his finishing is great and u say gomez ? .... Cavani in big club with light up and tear apart in league he is beast

Whats funny about that? Gomez consistently scores goals every single season in the CL and Bundesliga..... yes his finishing maybe erratic but so is Cavani's.....

Cavani is'nt as lethal as some say, he needs chances to score like Gomez does they both score goals because of thier movement and ability to consistently to get into positions to score.....

If we are going to compare lethality between Falcao, Higuain, Gomez and Cavani it would probably go......

Gomez for me never will be top CF . He is not big game player and considering the support that Bayern has compared to Napoli and the team that tells a lot. You have to understand thou that the league is different to in serie A you have 14 teams defending with 11 players

Gomez : 2009– Bayern Munich 94 (64)
Cavani 2010– Napoli 68 (48)

Last edited by DeviAngel on Fri 11 May 2012, 16:36; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:36

Dante13 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Dante13 wrote:
Cavani is one of the best CFs in the world at the moment and it's only logical to compare him with other top CFs. Still , despite the stats you provided , Cavani has over 30 goals and that is quite something for a CF who plays for the 5th team in Italy.

that's not an argument either, it really doesnt mean anything. He is the center piece of his team, and he is their top scorer.

"5th best team in italy" doesnt mean that napoli is not able to crate chances for him, or that he deserves any special credit for that.

Well , any special credit , no , he shouldn't i won't disagree .

But (just) credit ? Yes . In any case , it isn't one of the big arguements i wanted to point out anyway. I just thought to say it , because it's not the same playing for Milan , Juventus or Real Madrid than Napoli.

He may be the spearhead in their attacks , but , those attacks fruit because of him . Lavezzi might be responsible for many of his goals for example , but in the end , it's up to Cavani to end them and get the credit for both of them.

But again , you re right , it's not worthy of any special praise or whatever and it weren't my intention to express it as a big , or very important arguement. Afterall , Napoli are a great team who were competitive for most of the season, their current position in the rankings was just for the record.

Actually, it's arguably easier to score for smaller teams because the weight of pressure, intensity, expectation and competition will never match the level of big clubs. So i could easily throw the previous argument in reverse.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Fri 11 May 2012, 16:36

Mr Nick09 wrote:
tuddor wrote:And i do realise that in a league where Real madrid and Barcelona crushes every opponent with 4 goals at least it's a lot easier to score goals.. What's their goal rate against teams that really do count such bayern, barcelona? They faced to big teams this season: Barcelona and Bayern, and they were not able to do big things against any of them..

really?? Benzema was not able to do anything against Barca? or Bayern? are you on crack?

i was talking about this season.. Are you blind?

And Higuain has played and scored plenty against Barcelona when he had the chance to.

oh yeah my bad, football started in 2010

i was talking about this season.. are you blind?
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 11 May 2012, 16:36

Gomez is great Devi..Best poacher in the world..But he's technically very average.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:36

tuddor wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Serie A> EPL+la liga
Napoli> city
Cavani> messi

very poor sarcasm...

Valencia.. wasn't able to pass from a group that contained leverkusen and genk.. Very impressing

Yeah, same Valencia that dominated both Man U and Chelsea but lost to poor finishing? Yeah... That Valencia.

Villareal is 16th in the league brah, they were almost relegated this season :lol!:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 11 May 2012, 16:37

Surag wrote:Gomez is great Devi..Best poacher in the world..But he's technically very average.

I dunno I never liked him his goals are so much Inzaghi-like goals that I don't like.

as for the best poacher you know :

How highly do you rate Cavani? - Page 4 Photo_1336673129212-1-0
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:38

tuddor wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Serie A> EPL+la liga
Napoli> city
Cavani> messi

very poor sarcasm...

yeah and City got knockout of the CL yet is winning the EPL, and Athletic Bilbao and Atletico were in Europa league final. not to mention that we really trashed valencia last time we played them at home.

wonderful logic you have got there.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 11 May 2012, 16:38

Le Samourai wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Cisse's goal to minute ratio is better than Higuain's is he better than Higuain now?

He's better than Messi to be honest.
That's not true, Messi's is better.

On 'topic' Cavani > Benzema as strikers.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 16:40

7amood11 wrote:
Crimson wrote:Yeah not bad, but theres prob 10-15 strikers or more that I could name off the top of my head that are better

Name them.

At this stage:

Higuain
Benzema
Messi
Ronaldo
Falcao
Aguero
Rooney
RVP
Hunterlaar
Gomez
Milito
Ibrahimovic
Bas Dost

Don't know how many that is, but that's just off the top of my head....

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri 11 May 2012, 16:40

Adit wrote:Now serie A overrating . Its no better than Any other leagues peeps. Infact Serie A was most goal scored league after EPL last year ,another myth about serie A Laughing

Not quite. When you look at the data you will see while the averages are similar, there are more "outlier" clubs in La Liga and EPL which score closer to 3 goals per game and some that scored closer to 2 goals per game, which gave the same average but clearly a different dynamic in terms of difficulty of scoring. The Serie A teams are more clumped together close to the average as per the chart in this link.

http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/2011/06/goal-production-in-six-leagues-or-are.html
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 11 May 2012, 16:40

Inter milan in a such a shitty state finished second last season Laughing

yeah great league that is ...and your league champions milan were outplayed by madrid both home and away Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:40

People are also quick to forget how the worst Chelsea in 10 years owned Napoli and how Cavani missed a billion sitters in it.

Let's also forget that Atletico Madrid completly OWNED Lazio.

Serie A is so overrated. Bundesliga atm >>>>>>>>>>>>> Serie A
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 May 2012, 16:42

Some no named Das Bost from eredivise is better than Cavani?

im out of here.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 11 May 2012, 16:42

DeviAngel wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Gomez for me never will be top CF . He is not big game player and considering the support that Bayern has compared to Napoli and the team that tells a lot

Eh? not a big game player ....... He scored twice against City, three times against Napoli, 4 against Basel, once against Marseille and the winning goal in the first leg against Madrid......

How he is not a top CF? He has scored 35 goals, 41 goals( still games to play) and 39 goals in 3 out of his last 4 seasons.....

I really fail to understand all of this..... He has also scored 30 goals in 32 CL games in those seasons.....

If he's not a top CF i dont know who is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 11 May 2012, 16:42

On topic.

Cavani is in no way a better player than Zlatan.

You people are on drugs.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri 11 May 2012, 16:43

Adit wrote:Inter milan in a such a shitty state finished second last season Laughing

yeah great league that is ...and your league champions milan were outplayed by madrid both home and away Laughing

I seem to remember Napoli 5th place Serie A beaten and eliminated the probable EPL champions this year. Also they beat Chelsea 3-1, what Barcelona do against Chelsea?
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri 11 May 2012, 16:44

But my point is regarding defenses and difficulty of scoring differences.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 11 May 2012, 16:44

Guys , better stick to the topic with Cavani , La Ligaisonlyaboutrealandbarca version 213.425.134 isn't of any interest to anyone Laughing

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Actually, it's arguably easier to score for smaller teams because the weight of pressure, intensity, expectation and competition will never match the level of big clubs. So i could easily throw the previous argument in reverse.

Well to be honest , i concede to that , i can't argue with this logic , since i agree as well .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next