Die Borussen
teamanarchy
Dante
Mr Nick09
milanfan7
37 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Milan,a new generation. Empty Milan,a new generation.

Post by milanfan7 Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 pm

Milan this summer has surely sent a clear message: Out with the 2000s generation,in with the 2010s generation. All of Gattuso,Seedorf,Nesta,zambrotta,and Inzaghi are either retiring or leaving. The replacements are not clear as of yet,but Montolivo and Traore are 99% Milan players.

What do you think about this? How do you think will it fair off?

I personally expect Thiago Silva to experience a dip in form at the beginning of the season,since he's very emotionally attached to Nesta. I don't know a lot about his mentality,but I personally think that he will be effected by Nesta's absence.

I also think that our management will get one big name,in particular a midfielder,even two if Berlusconi sells some shares.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan,a new generation. Empty Re: Milan,a new generation.

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Shouldnt we wait that you actually finish your mercato? you have still renewing guys like Yepes, how new is it gonna be?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri May 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Shouldnt we wait that you actually finish your mercato? you have still renewing guys like Yepes, how new is it gonna be?

Yepes is a bench player. His presence or absence wouldn't make a difference.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Yepes already renew , but still , doesn't change the fact that Milan's old generation of players will be gone next season . I believe every fan of Milan , wanted that change, but personaly , i wanted at least one two players to remain.. Yepes isn't actually one of our old guard , though he's old for top football Laughing

It is a big risk if you ask me , to lose the core of the team in one summer , even if they weren't so important this season , they were important for the team , in the dressing room.

It's 50-50 , it will either make or break us .

I believe this will make room for serious improvement or a loss in quality from Milan . It will depend on our transfer activity , heavily . Also , it might trigger surprising reactions from some players , like Pato , who's now one of the senior players , since he joined Milan back in 2007 and our legends are leaving.
This might help him become a protagonist take more responsibilities and step up for the team , at least i am hoping.

What's certain is that , next season , we will see a different Milan .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sat May 12, 2012 1:14 am

Good for Alegri,
He should reinforce well, I'm hoping...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat May 12, 2012 2:27 am

take Socrates back eco smile

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Sat May 12, 2012 2:32 am

I think the new generation will do well, but not next year, maybe the year after that, the absence of those 5 players is really going to effect Milan's dressing room for next year.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sat May 12, 2012 4:50 am

I hope it is for the best, this is a good sign for things to come though. I hope we pick up 2 WC players at least and we should be okay.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 am

Bring sheva back!!!! ;[

He was my fav childhood hero
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sat May 12, 2012 5:49 am

Our owner needs to get interested again. He brought the fabulous Dutch in. He was the owner that won 5 Champions Leagues out of the 7 we have. We were not the greatest club in the world before Berlusconi. He is the man who make us the most successful club in the world.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 am

Can be good or bad...
When Juve lost Cameronesi,Nedved,Trezegol & Cannavaro...it went bad
maybe Milan won't suffer the same faith
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 am

Wonder who that "big" name is going to be...

I heard Sylvain Distin can be got on a free this summer Laughing
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat May 12, 2012 7:58 am

So painful to see my heros go out of Milan,but its life and I hope Berlu manages in bringing in the right people to this club like he has always done. I think One big name ,and a LB can make the team very competetive. Hernanes or Ganso please.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat May 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Amar wrote:Wonder who that "big" name is going to be...

I heard Sylvain Distin can be got on a free this summer Laughing

We bought Ibrahimovic and Robinho 2 seasons ago didn't we? Yes we do get freebies,but we sometimes also spend good amounts of money.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2012 3:19 pm

So most of the old ,classy and respected players have left now..

Seedorf,Pirlo,Gattuso,Nesta,Inzaghi even Kaka ,this is what you call a dream team..I'd assume Ambrosini would be the last one of the old guard to leave or he may just hang up his boots once and for all.

And now they are left with a bunch of mercenary douchebags like Ibra,Robinho,Muntari etc and they're looking to bring Balotelli in the future..Thugs like Van Bommel and Flamini and a bunch of mediocre freebies in Mesbah,Bakaye Traore,Maxi Lopez etc.

Not to mention they have a coach who has transformed Milan's style and philosophy into a more defensive and distasteful approach into Milan's game.This is probably the worst and the most boring Milan anyone has watched.

How quickly a club's identity can change..How The mighty have fallen.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Surag wrote:So most of the old ,classy and respected players have left now..

Seedorf,Pirlo,Gattuso,Nesta,Inzaghi even Kaka ,this is what you call a dream team..I'd assume Ambrosini would be the last one of the old guard to leave or he may just hang up his boots once and for all.

And now they are left with a bunch of mercenary douchebags like Ibra,Robinho,Muntari etc and they're looking to bring Balotelli in the future..Thugs like Van Bommel and Flamini and a bunch of mediocre freebies in Mesbah,Bakaye Traore,Maxi Lopez etc.

Not to mention they have a coach who has transformed Milan's style and philosophy into a more defensive and distasteful approach into Milan's game.This is probably the worst and the most boring Milan anyone has watched.

How quickly a club's identity can change..How The mighty have fallen.
We will reinforce our squad and we will be back to hunt Juve down and destroy them.

Milan is class. Do you honestly think that we will not reinforce our squad with top players this summer?

Even playing with so-called 'mercenary douchebags' and past-their-prime legends we managed to challenge your team for 37 matchdays whilst playing Champions League and enduring the worst injury crisis that I can remember.

What chance do Juve have if we replace our classy veterans with future GOATs? Not to mention that we have a championship-winning Primavera team that still hasn't fully broken into the squad.

Our identity will never change.

The mighty Milan have only fallen to the second spot, at least we haven't fallen to the second league.

Don't fool yourself.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2012 3:46 pm

You dont get what i am saying..Your identity has already changed.

Your footballing style,your coach's arrogance towards other teams in the press.

Its not about reinforcing your squad as i for one i am sure Milan will find adequate replacements in the summer.Players like Nesta ,Seedorf etc oozed class and were admired and respected all over the world..
And now you are left with the likes of Ibra who is the mainstay of your club and not much is to be said here.

You are a Milan Fan ,you would obviously want the end result at the end of the day regardless of how this present Milan compares to the old Milan.

Pfft..Stop getting so sensitive ,i am not saying this as a Juve fan but purely as a football fan..

Milan is Class

This is what i wanted to imply which they arent atm and more so since many of your legends are leaving.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm

I wonder if Seedorf would like a veteran bench role at Madrid hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 12, 2012 3:53 pm

A LB, DM and a CM/AM?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Surag wrote:You dont get what i am saying..Your identity has already changed.

Your footballing style,your coach's arrogance towards other teams in the press.

Its not about reinforcing your squad as i for one i am sure Milan will find adequate replacements in the summer.Players like Nesta ,Seedorf etc oozed class and were admired and respected all over the world..
And now you are left with the likes of Ibra who is the mainstay of your club and not much is to be said here.

You are a Milan Fan ,you would obviously want the end result at the end of the day regardless of how this present Milan compares to the old Milan.

Pfft..Stop getting so sensitive ,i am not saying this as a Juve fan but purely as a football fan..

Milan is Class

This is what i wanted to imply which they arent atm and more so since many of your legends are leaving.
Any Milan fan would interpret your post exactly as I did. There was no constructive criticism in that, it was just reeling off lists of things you don't like about Milan.

This is what I was thinking...

You can criticise Ibra for being a mercenary, but you can't say that he isn't admired and respected worldwide. I have never really liked his personality, but that's just a ridiculous claim.

Furthermore, van Bommel has been a great addition to our squad. What you call a thug, is an extremely technical player with very valuable skills.

Flamini, Mesbah, Lopez, Traore and Muntari can hardly be listed as players that define our club's identity. They are on the periphery of our squad. Flamini hasn't even played a game this whole season!

As for Balotelli, I haven't heard anything linking him to us lately and we have no need for another striker unless Pato leaves. If Milan bought him, I'd be very happy with that, considering that he is one of the most talented young players in the world and we have a coach who has proven himself in terms of managing big egos.

Whilst our coach has, admittedly, been slow to learn from his mistakes, he will improve and Milan will play our traditional, attacking style in future. If he doesn't adapt, I would suggest that he will be let go. It's likely that with new additions, our team will change and naturally adopt a more exciting, creative style.

So you can see where I'm coming from.

As a football fan, I'm glad that you appreciate the contributions of our retiring greats, but rest assured that "the mighty have not fallen".
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm

F.Rossoneri , the mighty might not have fallen.. but we are not so mighty anymore .

I read the posts and i have to say , that i agree with both of you , in a way.. We do indeed have changed identity , but only on the quality of our football , the principles and values of our club are still intact .

But i guess that's natural , no team can be a copy-paste , identical to the previous one. When you lose players like Kaka, Maldini , Pirlo , Nesta , Seedorf , Gattuso , Inzaghi , even Dida! in a matter of 2-3 years and change 2 coaches after Ancelloti who's been there since 2001 , i won't even start with some replacements Laughing , we have changed on the pitch , big time .

And the most worrying part of that is , we still haven't replaced Kaka and Pirlo , let alone the other legends which will leave now. In my opinion , it's better for us not to look for the same kind of players because we won't find them and even if we do , i doubt we can afford them all.

It would be wise to sign players who will compliment the best players we have right now , like Silva , Cassano , Pato , Boateng , Abate and Ibra , with players who will rely uppon them to be the protagonists . We have to buy at least 1 major player obviously , but it's them who must become the next "old guard" now and not try to buy another 4 players to replace those 4 legends.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm

MVB - http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/05/12/3097592/breaking-news-van-bommel-announces-he-will-leave-ac-milan

Milan fans :vagi:
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Everybody is leaving :bow:

Traore our new GOAT DM :bow:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat May 12, 2012 5:26 pm

maduro is free this summer

i'm just saying...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat May 12, 2012 5:27 pm

So i think they would buy a brand new DM i suppose...(Well they might need new additions in many areas actually.)

Or would they stick with Bakaye Traore hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next