McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 10 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Curtinho Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:52 pm

How are Klopp and Rafa tiers above Rodgers? They both have better squads relative to him in their respective leagues and are not performing close to expectations. Trade one, much more inexperienced, underperforming manager for another?

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 10 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:46 pm

rofl
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 pm

rofl

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:39 pm

rofl the second one is gold
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 pm

rofl

English accents ffs its crazy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 am

El Cujo wrote:How are Klopp and Rafa tiers above Rodgers? They both have better squads relative to him in their respective leagues and are not performing close to expectations. Trade one, much more inexperienced, underperforming manager for another?

Are you kidding me? rofl

Did you start watching football just last season?

Imagine how much of an ego Rodgers would have if he's won half the amount the other 2 have achieved. Laughing

Rafa/Klopp "inexperienced" rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:47 am

Agreed with Red Albert Very Happy

those 2 have won things and in the end it's all the matters as a manager and until BR delivers some silver-ware he can't be mentioned in the same bracket.

As for my comment, FSG since day one have all been about "Young and up and coming manager who can grow with the team consisting of young players with top potential". That's why I can't see them going for proven winners who'll demand ready-made world class players.

Maybe Klopp, but definitely not Rafa as long as Ayre is here since he hates him. Thanks RedA for welcome back msg Smile

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 am

El Cujo that really is an embarrassing post. Rafa and Klopp are obviously several tiers above Rodgers. The guy's only ever success so far in his career is a historical choke job led by an amazing duo (SAS) without whom he looks like fish out of water.

Rafa has won trophies in every club he's been to (Valencia, Pool, Inter, Chelsea, Napoli). Major trophy at every single one. Klopp has taken a club from administration with the resources of a run down brothel house to titles they could only have dreamed of.

Seriously man, it's as if you started supporting Liverpool just last season. Never heard any Pool fan undermine Rafa like that. Specially compared to an absolute fraud Rodgers, who hasn't achieved anything near what the great man Rafa did for us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:29 am

Red Alert wrote:Are you kidding me? rofl

Imagine how much of an ego Rodgers would have if he's won half the amount the other 2 have achieved. Laughing

Except I'm talking about now. I didn't call either of them inexperienced BTW re-read what you're quoting. Klopp is leading Dortmund to relegation and Benitez is struggling with one of the superior squads in Serie A and is about to get sacked.

So you want to trade a manager who is coming off 2nd place and still in the hunt for top 5 in a much more competitive league than either of those two coming into his first real struggles as a manager for two managers that are putting up worse struggles than he is.

How did I undermine what Benitez accomplished here? You guys just love your hyperbole, but I'm not going to stoop to your levels. Though I'll probably never forgive him for causing Alonso to leave he did a lot for this team. That doesn't mean he's the guy to come in right now just because you guys flip-flop more than salmon going up river.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:32 am

I don't want Rafa. Arguably he hasn't done better than OK since finishing runners-up in the Prem with us. After a poor season and leaving us in 2010, he lasted only half a year in charge of Inter, then didn't manage until two years later with Chelsea and probably didn't get the best out of that squad and looking at this Napoli side, he should probably be doing better than fighting for the 3rd place trophy with the likes of Genoa and Sampdoria. I don't think he's the right man to build a better future for us.

Klopp would certainly be interesting, but the disastrous season he's having with Dortmund makes me wonder. Let's put it this way that if Dortmund actually got relegated at the end of the season and Klopp would be available, I wouldn't want him. If they turn their season around and finish somewhere in mid-table and he's still available, okay, yeah, come to Liverpool.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 pm

nurturing talent and make young players play the right football, this is what Klopp will bring to our club. I think we have a good academy and Klopp will surely take advantage of that. Klopp has certainly coped really well with loss of players at Dortmund. He has keep no losing the likes of Sahin, Kagawa, Götze and then Lewa. it is just this season they are struggling and Klopp has to make more changes in the style than what he he has tried till now. I dont think at all, the likes of Mkhitiryan, Auba and Immobile or Ramos are so intelligent in the final third passes and movement. So they are struggling. Agreed that no matter what they should not be in relegation zone and Klopp is currently just not able to get them get any result. They should be thankful to this winter break, I think after which they will improve with one signing from some other Ukranian club or some other Belgian or Eredvisie.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:nurturing talent and make young players play the right football, this is what Klopp will bring to our club.

But that's what Rodgers is known for also. Every young player on our team has improved since Rodgers joined. Our Academy is playing great and has seen a bunch of nice young signings.

Look at how we're playing today Rodgers is starting to mix it up and seeing what works for our team without Suarez + Sturridge. Now add Sturridge. Klopp and Rafa have been worse with more IMO this term and Rodgers was better last year so I don't see how either of those moves would help this club. Rodgers should be who we are backing for the forseeable future.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 pm

calma El...not everything about sackiing Rodgers...it was just a reply to give an opinion about Klopp !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 pm

No not you but it's that the original discussion was preferring one of Rafa or Klopp over Rodgers. That's why I angled my retort that way nothing more.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:41 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Are you kidding me? rofl

Except I'm talking about now.

You're right. Let's talk about now then, shall we? I wouldn't mind using your own logic against you.

Fat Sam >> Rodgers. Pardiola >> Rodgers. Any club on top of us >>> Rodgers. I mean we're talking about now right? You can't argue against that logic. Why would we want a manager that's clearly inferior to those guys... AM I RIGHT?

Rafa/Klopp would have us title challenging right now if they had the same amount of time/resources Rodgers has been given. Who are you trying to kid?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:59 am

El Cujo, you can definitely not compare managers according to current form of their Club Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:54 pm

We need a new game thread :whistle: eco smile bounce
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:09 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:El Cujo, you can definitely not compare managers according to current form of their Club Laughing

Isn't that what you guys are doing with Rodgers? Calling him a fraud and a poor manager because of the poor form we were in after a good start to the season before Sturridge got injured?

Red Alert wrote:Rafa/Klopp would have us title challenging right now if they had the same amount of time/resources Rodgers has been given. Who are you trying to kid?

rofl Yes, and Rodgers didn't have us in a title challenge just last season when nobody expected it then had to sell the best player in the league and has had our other striker injured. He's taken time to adapt to a new squad but at least he's adapting. Rodgers took over a team that was a mid table side since Rafa left it there and took it to 2nd place only losing the title because of a slip up against Chelsea. Who are you trying to kid? He's not got us playing some pretty beautiful football again with much less at his disposal than say City, Chelsea, United or even Arsenal.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Oh come on guys. Give it a break. Arty, anyone; please open another game thread.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:31 pm

^no I am judging Rodgers from his entire time here at the Club. He has been poor with many things and he couldnt plan about coping up with loss of Suarez or Studge injury, and of course his defensive set ups. Btw, till now I didnt asked him to get sacked or even Fraud !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Rafa wins another trophy Proud Molenation Man is a born winner. Saying this fraud is on the same level as him. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:35 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Rafa wins another trophy Proud Molenation Man is a born winner. Saying this fraud is on the same level as him. Laughing

Rodgers has to win us a trophy this season. He simply has to. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the next few months and as long as he delivers it, then we'll be on the right path.

No trophies and I'm sorry, it won't be good enough.

Trophies >>> everything else.

3 very WINNABLE competitions for us to look forward to. No excuse not to win at least one of them.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm not hanging my hat on a trophy, but I think there's a trophy in us this season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:18 pm

I agree with both of you.

Rodgers has to win a trophy for one. And I think this season is when we definitely have a massive shot of winning one.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:48 pm

you can't DEMAND trophies, least of all if you're clearly not the best team in each competition.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Very seldom does the best team actually win the respective competition (specifically when it is an elimination competition, I would agree with you in Round Robin).

We are at least top 3 favorites in 2 of the competitions.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next