McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 11 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Oh come on guys. Give it a break. Arty, anyone; please open another game thread.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 11 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 pm

^no I am judging Rodgers from his entire time here at the Club. He has been poor with many things and he couldnt plan about coping up with loss of Suarez or Studge injury, and of course his defensive set ups. Btw, till now I didnt asked him to get sacked or even Fraud !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Rafa wins another trophy Proud Molenation Man is a born winner. Saying this fraud is on the same level as him. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Rafa wins another trophy Proud Molenation Man is a born winner. Saying this fraud is on the same level as him. Laughing

Rodgers has to win us a trophy this season. He simply has to. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the next few months and as long as he delivers it, then we'll be on the right path.

No trophies and I'm sorry, it won't be good enough.

Trophies >>> everything else.

3 very WINNABLE competitions for us to look forward to. No excuse not to win at least one of them.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:14 pm

I'm not hanging my hat on a trophy, but I think there's a trophy in us this season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 pm

I agree with both of you.

Rodgers has to win a trophy for one. And I think this season is when we definitely have a massive shot of winning one.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 pm

you can't DEMAND trophies, least of all if you're clearly not the best team in each competition.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Very seldom does the best team actually win the respective competition (specifically when it is an elimination competition, I would agree with you in Round Robin).

We are at least top 3 favorites in 2 of the competitions.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:17 am

You lads want me to change the thread title?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:19 am

Rafa left us mid table? It's like talking to a manc ffs. rofl

@hapless: Are you kidding me? We CANT demand trophies? 3 seasons later and 220m odd pounds spent??? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 am

Kick wrote:You lads want me to change the thread title?

Yes please

Brendanda || Stunt on these h8rz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 am

You've called him a fraud in like 20 diff posts smfh
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:31 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Kick wrote:You lads want me to change the thread title?

Yes please

Brendanda || Stunt on these h8rz

You all will have to agree on a name.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:33 am

I speak for everyone brah. Trust me :coffee:  I'm usually in charge of thread titles in this section. Check out my other work in the players threads :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:41 am

Don't call me James wrote:Rafa wins another trophy Proud Molenation Man is a born winner. Saying this fraud is on the same level as him. Laughing
17 trophies now won. Imagine how wet B2 would be if Brendan won just one. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:50 am

Rafa has won everything that's possible at the club level. There are 7 different trophies available to win for a manager.

League: La Liga x2
CL: Istanbul
UEFA/Europa: x2 with Valencia and Chelsea
Cup: x2 FA Cup/Coppa Italia
UEFA Super Cup: Liverpool 2005
Club World Cup: Inter 2010
Super Sup: x3 1 Community Shield, 2 Supercoppa's
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:07 am

Red Alert wrote:Rafa left us mid table? It's like talking to a manc ffs. rofl

@hapless: Are you kidding me? We CANT demand trophies? 3 seasons later and 220m odd pounds spent??? Laughing

You didn't spend 220 pounds in those 2 1/2 years, you spent probably half. How do you think that works, you spent a couple of years and then you have a title winning squad?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 am

Red Alert wrote:

Rafa's record is good enough not to count U-19 Madrid ones. May as well count Brendan's championship play-off one if that's the case Laughing

It's 12 trophies to be exact. Of all kind...great man

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:24 am

I'm like talking to a Manc yet all you do is complain about evrrything Liverpool. You're probably one of the biggest fraud fans I've met. Worse than the casuals that can't even name all the players. You just pretend to support a club so you can whine.

Anyway people seem to think that while we were spending money and losing our best players every other team was sitting on their hands. The reality is teams like Chelsea, United, City and Arsenal have the benefit of adding top players without having to sell their best players on top of it.

Demanding trophies and titles from someone who is a relatively new manager but also is outgunned by multiple teams by a fair margin isn't exactly rational. I think Rodgers has done quite a biy with what he's got all things considered.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:20 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

You didn't spend 220 pounds in those 2 1/2 years, you spent probably half. How do you think that works, you spent a couple of years and then you have a title winning squad?

Yes we have ffs. He's spent 220m pounds. We spent "half" of that 6 months ago.

And you said trophies, not title so yes. With that said, considering Chelsea was like 7th a couple of years ago, and are now title challenging, considering City were mid-table and went title challenging in a couple of years, it's definitely possible. We just tend to overspend on average players that hold us back/drag us down. Because apparently it's not in our tradition to buy players that are "ready". We unfortunately have to "make them". But yeah. We definitely should be "demanding" TROPHIES by now.

Natalie Portman wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Rafa's record is good enough not to count U-19 Madrid ones. May as well count Brendan's championship play-off one if that's the case Laughing

It's 12 trophies to be exact. Of all kind...great man

Still a marvellous record it must be said. :coffee:

El Cujo wrote:I'm like talking to a Manc yet all you do is complain about evrrything Liverpool. You're probably one of the biggest fraud fans I've met. Worse than the casuals that can't even name all the players. You just pretend to support a club so you can whine.

Anyway people seem to think that while we were spending money and losing our best players every other team was sitting on their hands. The reality is teams like Chelsea, United, City and Arsenal have the benefit of adding top players without having to sell their best players on top of it.

Demanding trophies and titles from someone who is a relatively new manager but also is outgunned by multiple teams by a fair margin isn't exactly rational. I think Rodgers has done quite a biy with what he's got all things considered.

Son, you've supported Liverpool for what? Just over a year now? lol

We've been the exact same stupid club for 2 decades now. "Fraud fan". That's cute.

Also just because "SAS" got us into a title challenge last season does not mean Rodgers is some sort of god and you have to make him your world. Genuinely not sure if you support Liverpool or Rodgers. The league was piss poor last season. Just like how it's piss poor this season. Any "top" manager would of adapted with SAS out. Rodgers also KNEW Suarez was going. He also KNEW Sturridge was injury prone. But please enlighten me how good this man is saying he panic bought Mario Balotelli and then used him for a scapegoat for months. Please tell me why this god of a man bought players so we could adapt to THEM, and not vice versa.

And what are you on about? Arsenal were losing their best players for YEARS AFTER YEARS, and maintained a top 4 finish when the league was actually A LOT stronger. I wonder why. Must be something about having a system in place. And Chelsea and City are good because they don't buy mediocrity. People say they bought the league etc, but they're targeting the right sort of players. They targeted players that had genuine quality, not overspent on players that were coming off ONE good season and players you could buy finishing mid-table. As for United, I wonder WHY they hold onto their players. It must be because they always strife to improve. They always strife to get better and better. It must because they don't accept mediocrity........

"Demanding trophies and titles from someone who is a relatively new manager" WE'RE LIVERPOOL FFS. He's been given 3 years. He's shown he's not adequate to manage a top club. Kudos for FSG for taking the risk, but he's shown he's not good enough. We move on. You know, for LIVERPOOLS sake. I mean, you do support LIVERPOOL AND NOT RODGERS, am I right?

Rafa >>>>>>>>>> Ged >>> Dalglish > Rodgers >> Woy in terms of managers from the turn of the century. Dalglish and Rodgers are very similar but Dalglish atleast won silverware. And he wasn't even here for very long.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:33 am

It took Rodgers 17 games to get 22 points in his first season too.

ILLUMINATIIIIIIIIII
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:20 am

El-Cujo, like I said, you are nice guy. But at times you are needlessly mean to fellow fans just to stick to your points.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:55 am

Red Alert wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Yes we have ffs. He's spent 220m pounds. We spent "half" of that 6 months ago.

And you said trophies, not title so yes. With that said, considering Chelsea was like 7th a couple of years ago, and are now title challenging, considering City were mid-table and went title challenging in a couple of years, it's definitely possible. We just tend to overspend on average players that hold us back/drag us down. Because apparently it's not in our tradition to buy players that are "ready". We unfortunately have to "make them". But yeah. We definitely should be "demanding" TROPHIES by now.

You can't exclude player sales if you want to make a point how much you spent.

Chelseae, City, and Utd have all outspent you in the last 10 years, Chelsea and City to a ratio of 2:1.
That doesn't make it impossible for you to win a trophy but to demand them, "trophies are the only thing that is important", is indeed very irrational.
What would be important for you is to establish a CL spot.
Because only then you can hope to get similar traction with top players as the other clubs, which at the moment you haven't. Hence your spending on hopefuls etc.

Not saying Rodgers is better than Rafa or anything like that, but let's be real.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:27 am

iftikhar wrote:El-Cujo, like I said, you are nice guy. But at times you are needlessly mean to fellow fans just to stick to your points.

Saying he was the only one being mean! Is mean in itself!! Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:04 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
You can't exclude player sales if you want to make a point how much you spent.

Chelseae, City, and Utd have all outspent you in the last 10 years, Chelsea and City to a ratio of 2:1.
That doesn't make it impossible for you to win a trophy but to demand them, "trophies are the only thing that is important", is indeed very irrational.
Because only then you can hope to get similar traction with top players as the other clubs, which at the moment you haven't. Hence your spending on hopefuls etc.

Not saying Rodgers is better than Rafa or anything like that, but let's be real.

Yes you can. We STILL SPENT 220M. It's not the player sales went straight to FSG and wasn't reinvested. 220M went straight back into his budget. The 220M was used to get HIS players in.  

Chelsea, City and Utd outspent us because they're not dumb in the market. They buy quality players. Quality players = success. Success = you start racking in the cash.
It's irrational for a football club to demand trophies? Are you kidding me? Do football clubs not play football to win silverware?
Establishing a CL spot is important, yes. But I highly doubt you can say that we did that by backing what we did in the summer; it was the total opposite ffs. All our "hopefuls" could have been brought in WITHOUT CL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:50 pm

iftikhar wrote:El-Cujo, like I said, you are nice guy. But at times you are needlessly mean to fellow fans just to stick to your points.

I don't think it's fair to just call me out. Anything 'mean' I post is generally a poor reaction to things that have already been directed at me multiple times. I've since ignored Red Alert since I've tried to make it a habit not to argue with 14 year olds on the internet, but I can see where you're coming from and it's not my intention to be 'mean'. Sorry.

Hapless_Hans wrote:You can't exclude player sales if you want to make a point how much you spent.

I agree with all of this. The thing is that it's not just as simple as saying 'spend smarter' 'get elite players' blah blah blah. Our team has a wage structure, supposedly, that they won't break. Not only are we not willing to pay players as much to play here as clubs like Chelsea, United, City or even Arsenal but we're not as attractive a destination because we haven't been a consistent CL team since 2009.

Personally I've seen progress in this team since Rodgers has taken over. He has improved our position in the standings every year he's been our manager (first year from 8th to 7th and second year from 7th to 2nd). Now obviously that's not going to happen again this year having lost Suarez, and having Sturridge out for most of the season as well. He definitely has room to improve in certain areas (mostly in the transfer department, but again that's a smoky area given he doesn't have full control over the transfers) but seeing as a) we don't attract top tier players and b) we haven't been very good for a while now I'm pretty happy with his progress. He's in his third year as manager and I think there's a good chance he'll grab a trophy, and continue putting this team on the path to being a sustainable, consistent top 4 club.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next