Blue Barrett
Swanhends
LeSwagg James
The Franchise
Le Samourai
26 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Read Woj's article on how the divide between Rondo and Ray came about....and it's actually a very interesting read.Particularly the part about how Ray became tired of being corrected and almost coached by Rondo and how Rondo preferred Avery Bradley who he meshed well with.

url=http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-gave-ray-allen-reason-to-again-feel-wanted.html]Heres the link[/url]

Suprising, because Ray is an extremely intelligent player, it's just testament to the fact that Rondo is just on another level with these matters.

Doc's comments that KG's contract was also a influential factor also suprised me, KG deserved that contract Ray didn't.And jeaslousy there is pointless.

Rondo's an a-hole tbh. A great, great player but he's full of himself. If their were problems between him and Ray, he was the reason for it imo.

Where were Docs comments in regards to KG and Rays contracts? Obviously KG deserves 12m(not sure about 3yrs), what contract didn't Ray deserve?

And yeah Ray did sacrifice more than any other player on the C's. People talked about how all 3 sacrificed parts of their games when they got to Boston, but Ray did it the most... And never complained. Paul Pierce hardly sacrificed imo.

""When it comes to basketball, Rondo is the smartest player on the team – one of the smartest players in the league," one locker-room source said. "And Ray considers himself a smart guy. But at some point, it became hard for Ray to be corrected by a guy so much younger than him." "

Good article, but that's not at all why they had problems. They're just clashing personalities.

"Allen has suggested to people that the capital he built in three years at Connecticut and five with the Celtics would transcend the cries of betrayal and boos. Allen has never been the enemy, the bad guy, and it will hurt him in New England."

Maybe in Massachusetts, but there was a poll on Connecticut's main news site that said 92% support Ray still.

Ray is my all-time fav player and I've followed him since 1995, so I'm not gunna stop supporting him either. Wish him the best of luck, just not against the Celtics. Against any other team I'll root for him to go off.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Doc's Comments Here.

"I'm just disappointed; he should have stayed,"

"We recruited him just as hard (as Miami). We talked (after he agreed with the Heat). It was a good talk. You know how I am, when a guy makes his mind up, I am not going to try to change it. I respect him for all he did for us, but I thought he should have stayed with us."

"No I didn't (have confidence Allen was going to stay), I didn't know one way or the other," Rivers said. "I just knew financially we were in a better position. But he had his reasons for leaving and I'm sure he'll express those with you guys."

"No. But that doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what i think. I just wish we could have found a way (to keep him) and we didn't. I'll always put (the blame) on us, that's easier."

I thought we did that," Rivers said. "Danny (Ainge) in particular did exactly what he should have done. Kevin Garnett was our focal point and he should have been. If that got anyone ruffled then that's probably too bad. We did everything that we're supposed to do.

"He had his reasons. I think emotionally he probably got bent sideways a little bit by us courting Kevin for some reason. I don't know honestly. Listen, he was great for us when he was here and that's all we can say for it. Clearly we would have liked him to stay with us. But I respect Ray and that will never go away."

Listen, it was going to happen eventually," Rivers said. "Ray expedited it. It was going to happen at some point. So (it was going to happen) sooner or later and it did. It doesn't change what we're gonna try to do next year at all. The show goes on. We're going to be right back where want to be next year and we'll be ready."

Ray is one of my all time favorite players as well and I wish him the best, but I'm not going to label Rondo an asshole because he's smart and competitive.I can't comment on what personal issues they had, but I think a point guard has to act they way Rondo acts, no one should demand anything of him, no one should question him, he has to be the undisputed floor general when he's as exceptional and intellectual a player Rondo is.

I don't care about personality issues though, Rondo may be full of himself but he competes as hard as anyone else in the league, and once that is there, I consider you a high character guy.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:18 pm

The guys an asshole, this is common knowledge. Ray has gotten along with everyone in his career, including guys like KG.

Rondo on the other hand, has clashed with coaches/players ever since college. The guy had problems with Tubby Smith ffs. And Doc obviously as well. It's no coincidence he was tradebait for about 2-3 years in a row. There's no reason you trade a early-mid 20's elite PG unless something else is going on.

"According to multiple sources, Rondo’s errors were being pointed out when he arose and began discussing the mistakes of his teammates. Loudly. Using harsh language.

Coach Doc Rivers got up and fired back, and Rondo threw a bottle that shattered the video screen. He bolted from the practice facility and was prevented from returning when he tried later."

Yeah what high character, can't even take constructive criticism.

At one point, Doc Rivers even arranged an individual meeting where he called Rondo in and said

"Your own teammates can't stand you. You need to fix that."

And competing hard everynight is not the definition of high character, lol. I guess Rodman's high character then , how about Karl Malone? Raped a 13 yr old, but he never took it the court, he must be high character.

Last edited by dmize on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Poor word choice, high character is definitely not the best expression, but he's a hard worker, he studies the game, and he competes hard every night...not sure what to call it...but I want that on the team, over just someone who's a nice guy even if he's a great player.

Don't you think Rondo's attitude contributes to his greatness as a player and helps him to be a superior point guard?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Don't you think Rondo's attitude contributes to his greatness as a player and helps him to be a superior point guard?

Absolutely. And for the most part he doesn't bring the issues or problems he may have had, onto the court. He may be a dick but he's the most unselfish guy on the court, almost to a fault at times.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

What Rondo does to me from the perspective that he does it with Hall of Famers is amazing to me...and the difficulty of it is underrated.

He's someone who's a relatively low pick and he literally takes over the team , you kinda have to have a really strong personality because the common lines of authority are skewed.

When they discuss what he does wrong it kinda undermines that, he literally wants to be an extension of the coach , have his game discussed in private...and I understand it if he in particular doesn't want to be questioned just because what his job is. He could feel like it undermines him.

Anyway it is what it is , Love Ray , Love Rondo , changes nothing in my eyes.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 pm

so i heard rumours that rashard lewis might sign with heat for 1.35 mil 1 yr deal, lol where are these guys gonna get ANY play time now with battier miller lewis bron wade bosh chalmers cole rayray, haslem and if camby comes loooool, things people would do to get a ring in nba now.... really sad to see (the supersonic combo could be back on the same team together though loool)

ALSO CHINA BOSSING STANKOVIC CUP! not the biggest thing, i know. basically a warm up for olympics but with russia and australia also in the mix, i like what this china team is achieving Very Happy (dun really know whos on this trip with russia or australia) but yi jian lian!!!! someone should really give this guy a second chance!
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

No

edit: this is one of the sickest layups I've seen and it was in the Finals. You don't really realize how nasty it was until they show it in slow-mo:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 am

I'm watching the flu game on NBAtv right now...God I f*cking miss the NBA of those days

The commentators talking about Dennis Rodman like he's some kind of bad boy cause he dyes his hair weird colors and has a couple piercings and tattoos...He's a f*cking saint compared to the thugs in the NBA these days

Also Pippen just POSTERIZED Malone, I'm talking absolutely f*cking flushed it on him, and acted like it was nothing...

In today's game f*cking retards need a 30 second break after every mediocre dunk so that they can flex and mean mug for the cameras :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 am

I think Rashard Lewis would do very well in L.A.

He is actually the fit needed next to Bynum at the 4.

Get Gasol out of there for a small forward who can put the ball in the hole, or second to that a wing defender who has some skills.

Im thinking Igoudala.

As for Rondo, you can just tell he is a asshole and players would have trouble getting on with him.

He knows the game very well im sure, but being a point guard and "floor general" isnt just about knowing the game, its about knowing your teammates.

Ray Allen is 35 years old and has been in the game a ton of time, he isnt going to want anyone but the coach getting up into him. It really is as simple as that.

You can see Rondo's personality, I believe he would try and tell Kobe what to do, thats how full of himself he is. But it just doesnt work like that.

Its a shame Allen had to go, but Terry can do that 6th man job really well. Allen is a better defensive player and has more size, but Terry can shoot it and put the ball in the hole in pretty similar ways.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Summer league bounce

Both Perry Jones and Sullinger have looked really good so far.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Drummond vs Kanter right now.. First Centers picked in the last 2 drafts

All games are on NBAtv btw

Drummond swats Kanter in his first 2 possessions
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Wait John Stocktons son is out there playing for the Jazz?!
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Kanter has been meh... Getting outplayed by Drummond easily

Drummonds FT shooting has been as advertised though Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Sullinger is a very very nice pickup, I can see him becoming a Paul Millsap type player, KG can get some rest and get to freelance at center next year for long periods....wanna see some more catch and finish from KG next year, avoid too much banging in the post.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:25 am

camby back with knicks, 3 yrs 13.2 mil, pretty good snap up, especially awesome now that heat wont be able to upgrade their bigs Very Happy

it was a sign n trade, tony douglas, 2 other players and change went to rockets
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:30 am

tonger wrote:camby back with knicks, 3 yrs 13.2 mil, pretty good snap up, especially awesome now that heat wont be able to upgrade their bigs Very Happy

That's an awful deal for that amount. That's stupidly overpaying.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 am

More Post defense for the Knicks, and Camby is still a great rebounder could mean a world of difference for them TBH.

Only downside for me is that Carmelo is clearly a better defender at the 4.

Knicks need a backcourt but their front court is up here with any other.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 am

Le Samourai wrote:More Post defense for the Knicks, and Camby is still a great rebounder could mean a world of difference for them TBH.

For defense, maybe. Offense? Chandler has little to no offensive game. He only scores on alley-oops and easy dunks.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:29 am

Their front court rotation is Chandler/Camby/STAT/Melo/Novak.

Offense defense, that's a very very nice mix right there.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:36 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:More Post defense for the Knicks, and Camby is still a great rebounder could mean a world of difference for them TBH.

For defense, maybe. Offense? Chandler has little to no offensive game. He only scores on alley-oops and easy dunks.

Yeah but STAT and Novak are all about offense, so it actually balances out nicely
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 am

Barrettinator wrote:
tonger wrote:camby back with knicks, 3 yrs 13.2 mil, pretty good snap up, especially awesome now that heat wont be able to upgrade their bigs Very Happy

That's an awful deal for that amount. That's stupidly overpaying.

of course compare to the money that heat can pay anyone nowadays, thats alot of money Razz but seriously, ya camby is 38, but for the role hes gonna play, i think he is capable, and 4 mil isnt a steal, but not clearly overpaid either IMO.

but they definitely need to improve their backcourt, shumpert and lin im assuming is what they have now, not sure about contracts with davis and bibby, but they arent good enough to cut it now anyways.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 am

Felton will go a long way in that and if they pickup a decent shooter, they should be set.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 am

FFS Camby, should of demanded Miami and came and got a ring the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 38 2276801876
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:44 am

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley

J.R. Smith has re-signed with the #Knicks, league sources tell ESPNNewYork. Smith's deal is for 2 years, $2.8 mil w/player option for 2nd yr

2.8 mil? seriously...2.8 mil?

Why were the Lakers not on this, 2.8 mil LMAO.........2.8 freaking mil........

2.8 :facepalm:

The guy is an insane athlete and just a flat out scorer ,swingman , how did Steve Novak get a better contract than him,this was probably done in a VIP booth after plastering with booze and Weed...this is a joke.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 am

^ I know wtf lol.. He's worth more than that shit.. If you guys would of got him then I would put you guys in the Finals right away
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next