Lord Hades
kiranr
Babun
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Iniesta Empty Iniesta

Post by Babun Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm

He is the best attacking midfielder in the world by far. Also, don't ever mention Xavi in the same breathe with Pirlo.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Iniesta Empty Re: Iniesta

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:He is the best attacking midfielder in the world by far. Also, don't ever mention Xavi in the same breathe with Pirlo.

Why not? Xavi is a goat and as good, if not better, as Pirlo. So he didn't play that well this match, does it take away all that he has done before this for the past 4 years? No.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:54 pm

xavi was decent tonight , not bad or anything. .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Alonso was better than Xavi tonight. Pirlo is amazing.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:07 pm

Also was downright mediocre as was Xavi as was Biscuits. IMO neither of Alonso or Biscuits is irreplacable. I would consider dropping both for Martinez.

Both of them play way too deep like 2 DM's.

Great Topic Babun. Iniesta,Best CAM in the world by far. I have been saying this for years. Man is legend & the best midfielder in the last 5-6 years atleast. Better than Xavi.

You know who was there to score a goal in the 115th odd minute in a WC final. His pace,dribbling & passing range for a Mid-fielder is exceptional & compare it with Xavi. Xavi is just a tempo controller & does not have that skill set.

Iniesta-Silva are going to Boss The Midfield in WC 2014.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Iniesta is just incredible.

:bow:
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 pm

kiranr wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:He is the best attacking midfielder in the world by far. Also, don't ever mention Xavi in the same breathe with Pirlo.

Why not? Xavi is a goat and as good, if not better, as Pirlo. So he didn't play that well this match, does it take away all that he has done before this for the past 4 years? No.

Pirlo was everything Xavi wasn't. I'll tell you in details because I like you ( maths thread, there's a new question).

- Xavi operated in the middle and AM area only while Pirlo was comfrotable all over the pitch. He made his assist from AM position.

- Pirlo passed more forward passes than sideways. His passing accuracy and range were incredible for an offensive minded player. Notice, I mean offensive minded, not racking up % on side way passing. Finding those lines isn't easy at all. I thought I was watching Zidane without his physicality or technique.

- Xavi didn't offer anything defensively. Biscuit was overloaded with defensive work. Xabi helped them out so he was invisible until Italy got tired. At that point, Xabi played better than Xavi!

- Xavi's corners or set pieces were useless. It was like inviting to foul in front of the box because Spain wouldn't be able to convert anything anyway. Watch what Pirlo did.

- Compare their ages and the players Xavi had at his disposal compared to Pirlo to make the game an even fight. Motta, Marchisio etc. vs. Iniesta, Silva, Xabi, Busquets and co.

I watched football for very long. No way, Xavi is as good as Pirlo. He may have been the best pure regista at some point in his career but Pirlo always was the better player.

The most technical out of this world player today was Iniesta. No one came close to him on the field.

The game was epic, I'm going to save the footage. Buffon, Casillas etc. there were many great, memorable moments.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm

I watched the match, and it was a great match, but Iniesta wasn't that awesome. He had a good match, I don't get your amazement, though. ^^
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I watched the match, and it was a great match, but Iniesta wasn't that awesome. He had a good match, I don't get your amazement, though. ^^
GTFO eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Maybe I should, I obviously really don't get it. Very Happy

Then again, so far the only player that had me going "WTF AWESOME" so far was Hummels...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Spain play with too many midfielders imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
Pirlo was everything Xavi wasn't. I'll tell you in details because I like you ( maths thread, there's a new question).

- Xavi operated in the middle and AM area only while Pirlo was comfrotable all over the pitch. He made his assist from AM position.

- Pirlo passed more forward passes than sideways. His passing accuracy and range were incredible for an offensive minded player. Notice, I mean offensive minded, not racking up % on side way passing. Finding those lines isn't easy at all. I thought I was watching Zidane without his physicality or technique.

- Xavi didn't offer anything defensively. Biscuit was overloaded with defensive work. Xabi helped them out so he was invisible until Italy got tired. At that point, Xabi played better than Xavi!

- Xavi's corners or set pieces were useless. It was like inviting to foul in front of the box because Spain wouldn't be able to convert anything anyway. Watch what Pirlo did.

- Compare their ages and the players Xavi had at his disposal compared to Pirlo to make the game an even fight. Motta, Marchisio etc. vs. Iniesta, Silva, Xabi, Busquets and co.

I watched football for very long. No way, Xavi is as good as Pirlo. He may have been the best pure regista at some point in his career but Pirlo always was the better player.

The most technical out of this world player today was Iniesta. No one came close to him on the field.

The game was epic, I'm going to save the footage. Buffon, Casillas etc. there were many great, memorable moments.

And yet Xavi created more chances than Pirlo(Xavi created 8 chances, dont know how many Pirlo created but in the same stat it said that Xavi created the most)..

But tbh, Xavi has been pretty mediocre for Spain ever since del bosque moved Xavi away from his position to make place for Alonso.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Pirlo better then Xavi? Mother of god...

I hope this is a joke
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:26 am

Sex in motion

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:07 am

The fact that you thought this game showed Pirlo is much better than Xavi really is a huge joke... wow.

Both played well, but neither were up to their very high standards. Pirlo made an assist, Xavi carved out chance after chance.

That you used 'Pirlo passes it forward more' as an argument is even more stupid.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:29 am

Immortal Babun wrote:
kiranr wrote:

And yet here I thought Pirlo was chasing Xavi's shadow all game long.
Pilro had one assist.Did nothing else the entire game.Xavi controlled the game and set up many chances.
Not his fault that others cant finish and Alonso is so clueless that he makes even Busquets look lost.
Bench the flop Alonso and Spain win the Euro.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:30 am

Pirlo is & has always been the best...
He is the only midfield in the world to own Zidane...
This thread is about Iniesta so let's keep it on track...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:35 am

alexjanosik wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
kiranr wrote:

Pilro had one assist.Did nothing else the entire game.Xavi controlled the game and set up many chances.
Not his fault that others cant finish and Alonso is so clueless that he makes even Busquets look lost.

what match did you watch???
Pirlo controlled the game...

The man was as comfortable on the ball as if he were playing vs Cesena (team came last in Serie A)...

The man never looked under pressure & his ability to take the team & put on his back when no one else had the solution is why he's the best...
Easily running pass Busquest to give a beautiful assist...

Pirlo chasing Xavi?????
man are you mad?
The man won the World Cup when he was 26, Xavi at 30...
Champions League at 23, Xavi at 26...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:58 am

Cotes wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:
kiranr wrote:

what match did you watch???
Pirlo controlled the game...

The man was as comfortable on the ball as if he were playing vs Cesena (team came last in Serie A)...

The man never looked under pressure & his ability to take the team & put on his back when no one else had the solution is why he's the best...
Easily running pass Busquest to give a beautiful assist...

Pirlo chasing Xavi?????
man are you mad?
The man won the World Cup when he was 26, Xavi at 30...
Champions League at 23, Xavi at 26...

Controlled the game.
You are right.Thats why Italy had 66% possession,more possession in the final third,more shots etc.
Oh wait they didnt.Spain had all those.
Xavi had 107 passes with a passing accuracy of 90% and played 8 key passes.
The mighty Pirlo,the one who controlled the game( :facepalm: ) had a grand total of 39 passes with 82% accuracy.
Controlled the game indeed. :facepalm:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:12 am

Tbf Alex, the game didn't prove Xavi was greatly superior, or prove Pirlo was greatly superior, both can play better. I agree the claim made by the OP was ridiculous though.

The stats being used to defend both are because of the way the two teams played. (eg. Xavi more passes because Spain play possession. Pirlo better defensively because Italy defended with greater numbers and Xavi was pressing the forwards, not defending.)

I thought both had good games. I was concentrating on watching two greats of our game, not thinking about trying to knock one down like everyone on here seems to want to do.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:21 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Tbf Alex, the game didn't prove Xavi was greatly superior, or prove Pirlo was greatly superior, both can play better. I agree the claim made by the OP was ridiculous though.

The stats being used to defend both are because of the way the two teams played. (eg. Xavi more passes because Spain play possession. Pirlo better defensively because Italy defended with greater numbers and Xavi was pressing the forwards, not defending.)

I thought both had good games. I was concentrating on watching two greats of our game, not thinking about trying to knock one down like everyone on here seems to want to do.

Agree completely.Just dont agree with his statement that Pirlo controlled the game when its obvious that Xavi and co were controlling the game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:36 am

We talking about Iniesta aren't we :coffee: Played a very good game and his link up play with Xavi and Silva was :bow: . I rather see him in the middle with a 4-3-3 formation
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:48 am

Xavi wasn't even bad or anything lol

Xavi was as good if not better than Pirlo IMO. You're 'Pirlo is better' argument wouldn't exist right now if Torres was Di Natale. Xavi created a bunch of chances and was pretty decent.

Can be better, but he's still top 3 if not the best CM in the world and better than Pirlo IMO

And Iniesta is just :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh and Alonso was very average.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 am

Stili can't believe people think Pirlo was better then Xavi. I know people try to talk down Barca on this forum but that statement was just a joke.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:33 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Stili can't believe people think Pirlo was better then Xavi. I know people try to talk down Barca on this forum but that statement was just a joke.

No it's not, Pirlo played very well. He was one of the best performers on the pitch. Your statement is the joke.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next