Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Melo too low.

I understand his critics, some of it is fair...but as a basketball player, he is much better than that.

Am I the only one who thinks Aldridge is better than Bosh?

Bosh put up 24 & 10 on over 50% shooting the season before he joined Miami.

It's only natural his numbers will decrease playing alongside 2 Top 3 players (a healthy Wade is a Top 3 player).

His importance to Miami was really magnified after his injury in the playoffs.

Wade isnt a top 3 player but whatever. I am not really intrested in numbers..its not numbers which makes me think LMA is better. He just has a better all around game.

He actually plays on the block, plays defence and still has the jumper.

Aldridge better? Replace Bosh with Aldridge on this current Heat team. Do you think Aldridge can do the things Bosh does?

Replace Shane Battier with Rudy Gay...can Gay do all the things Battier does for you?

So is Battier better than Gay?

Besides...what is it exactly Bosh does that LA cant?
For one, LMA can't play C which makes Bosh more versatile than him.

Um what? Aldridge can and has played center. And done it quite well. See: http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201104080POR.html and many more games from the end of 2010 season.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8433232/nba-finalizing-procedures-penalize-players-flopping

FINALLY
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:53 am

LA cant play center......you dont watch him play, like ever do you?

As for the final list...CP3 and Howard aint top 5, neither is injured Rose either. Dont agree with it at all.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 pm

How aren't CP3 & Dwight Top 5 players? CP3 is the best all around PG in the League. It's no surprise LAC went from a 13th seed in the West to 5th seed after his arrival.

He's obviously isn't as good as he was a years ago after THAT meniscus removal surgery but he's still a great player. 3rd best organizer and playmaker in the game after Rondo and Nash, very good & efficient scorer, clutch & still plays great defense.

I'm not even going to debate with you on Dwight as I'm 100% sure you're trolling there. Only LBJ is better than him.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 pm

I wonder what Dani's top 5 is then Laughing

I'd bet he's got Carmelo in there rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:04 am

Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:35 am

lol at Rondo looking for Ray in the Heat huddle.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:01 am

Melo in my top 5? What has he done to be there? Great player though, much better than people on here seem to think anyway.

Dont know why you would laugh at my opinion, seeing as you still think LA cant play center I guess.

Howard better than KD and Kobe...okay gil lol

Howard doesnt have 2 post moves and is useless at end of games cause cant shoot FT's.

CP3 isnt what he was. He doesnt dominate like he used to and he was woeful vs the Spurs. Blame it on the injuries, but he isnt as explosive, isnt as fast and frankly couldnt even outplay Tony Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker.

6 points and 5 turnovers while missing 10 of 13 shots in game one, 10 points and 8 turnovers while missing 5 of 9 shots in game 2 and 12 points and 3 turnovers while missing 12 from 17 in game 3. Game 4 was good but it was way too late, the series was over. All the while getting getting 20 twice from Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Brave Scotty Parker.

He aint top 5 anymore.

My top 5? It is down to who is injured and who is finished.

Lebron and KD are 1a and 1b, Kobe is 3 and then the rest is depending on what others have left.

Is Wade declining or was he just that hurt? I have to wait and see. If he was just hurt, I will slide him into 4th.

5th is difficult. Nobody deserves the distinction of being the 5th best.

I need to see what is up with Dirk, he has leg problems, so I need to see if he back to old Dirk. If he is, then he is 4th or 5th.

Rondo is up there right now.

Rose need to see with his injury.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Lakers sign guard Chris Douglas-Roberts.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Anyone watch the Rockets OKC game last night?

Pretty good game.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Got tickets for Knicks-Celtics preseason in Hartford on Saturday, should be entertaining.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am

Got back from the Celtics Knicks game just a bit ago. Great game to watch, for a preseason game at least. Sullinger looked quite good, and so did Jeff Green for the first half. Courtney Lee was solid also.

Some dude for the Knicks Chris Copeland scored about 20 points and looked good, some iffy decisions at times but other than that was good, he probably played himself on the team as the 15th man with his performance.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 am

And I know it's preseason but Shocked :bow: to how well Drummond has played so far. He's gunna be an absolute problem sooner rather than later.

Had 19 and 10 tonight against the Bucks also. Shooting over 70% and hasn't turned the ball over once this preseason. Also what he did to Ilyasova was just wrong.

edit: Bucks game:

Shocked Shocked @ 1:19

and wow, just wow @ 3:17

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 18 Dpcrxw

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Impressive. One thing that stood out to me was his hands, he has very good ones. Catches everything without any fumbles and even one handed when he forced to.

Also he looks very strong, especially his lower body. For example, someone like Howard has a strong upper body, but his legs look skinny. And it shows in his ability to back down guys like Baby Davis and Perkins who can match him in terms of pure girth and have super strong lower body. Anyway, you can see when he gets some offensive rebounds how strong he is. Other players would be committing over the back fouls but he is able to create a little movement and get some boards.

Looks a player. I am not sure why he didnt go higher to be honest...6'10 center with that size. Why not a top 5 pick?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Well scouts reported he had a "low motor" and he shot 29 % from the line....but yea he looks a great athlete and someone who could develop into something special.

Meanwhile look at this guy

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 18 A1kecymCEAEdjCythe official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 18 A1kd3IsCYAAedkA

affraid

He's been having a good preseason so far apparently.The problem was usually that he was slow but he has clearly dropped some weight.

Sadly Burks isn't really playing that much in preseason so far.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:34 pm

^ Yeah Kanter did look quite slow in SL. And looked borderline flabby as well lol, dropping the weight was smart.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:Impressive. One thing that stood out to me was his hands, he has very good ones. Catches everything without any fumbles and even one handed when he forced to.

Also he looks very strong, especially his lower body. For example, someone like Howard has a strong upper body, but his legs look skinny. And it shows in his ability to back down guys like Baby Davis and Perkins who can match him in terms of pure girth and have super strong lower body. Anyway, you can see when he gets some offensive rebounds how strong he is. Other players would be committing over the back fouls but he is able to create a little movement and get some boards.

Looks a player. I am not sure why he didnt go higher to be honest...6'10 center with that size. Why not a top 5 pick?

Yeah he's got great hands, a huge asset for big men. I just hope they try to develop his back to the basket game sooner rather than wait like 7 years like with Amare. Pistons should try to get Hakeem to work with him next summer.

And yeah, it seems most of the teams in the draft drafted on need over potential. From what I've seen so far Davis, Lilliard and Beal are the only ones I'd have taken over him personally, but that's in retrospect.

Your Rockets almost got him on draft night, but Toronto was asking for everything. Then Toronto keeps the pick and passes over him also. There's a hilarious 50 page thread in the RealGM Raptors section about it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:15 pm

Are you sure Kanter was flabby before? I remember when he got drafted he had the best bodyfat% of any player. Anyway, Kanter has great size and can rebound the ball. Considering he didnt play for so long, I expect it will take him time but I would be very surprised if he turned into one of those scrub centers teams sign just for their size.

On Drummond. 29% is shockingly poor...but I cant believe that is a reason not to take him. Its bad, but his overall game...would never take someone who will turn out to be a role player over this kind of promise.

If he went to the Rockets I would of been real happy. Agree about back to the basket game...I have no idea why guys are waiting till 30 to do it lol

Back in the days, dudes came into the league with one. I recall Barkely saying how every year the older guys pushed him to learn something new every summer. You see that with Kobe...but outside a few other guys you dont see that kind of progression nowadays.

On this subject, Lebron says he wants tol earn the skyhook. Im going to go out on a limb and say he gives it up after he realises how hard it is.

Looks simple, but is really hard to learn...the fact Bynum doesnt do it despite all his years with Kareem does tell you something. And is not like Bynum didnt improve in other areas.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:Are you sure Kanter was flabby before? I remember when he got drafted he had the best bodyfat% of any player. Anyway, Kanter has great size and can rebound the ball. Considering he didnt play for so long, I expect it will take him time but I would be very surprised if he turned into one of those scrub centers teams sign just for their size.

On Drummond. 29% is shockingly poor...but I cant believe that is a reason not to take him. Its bad, but his overall game...would never take someone who will turn out to be a role player over this kind of promise.

If he went to the Rockets I would of been real happy. Agree about back to the basket game...I have no idea why guys are waiting till 30 to do it lol

Back in the days, dudes came into the league with one. I recall Barkely saying how every year the older guys pushed him to learn something new every summer. You see that with Kobe...but outside a few other guys you dont see that kind of progression nowadays.

On this subject, Lebron says he wants tol earn the skyhook. Im going to go out on a limb and say he gives it up after he realises how hard it is.

Looks simple, but is really hard to learn...the fact Bynum doesnt do it despite all his years with Kareem does tell you something. And is not like Bynum didnt improve in other areas.

Not flabby but he was about 300 pounds in Summer League, and I think probably about 270-280 by the end of the season.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Makes sense, 3bils is too many unless your Shaq or Yao basically
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:25 am

Franchise you support the Rockets? I used to watch NBA like 2-3 years ago not sure why I stopped maybe with the retirement of Yao No , just outta interest how is Lin doing? Asian powahhhh :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Yep, been a Rockets fan since like Yao Rookie season, Steve Francis and Mobley really. Always been my favourite team before then though because of Hakeem.

Dont remind me of Yao man...him retiring crushed me. I saw it coming and all but still...

Anyway, its preseason right now and I never pay too much attention to it. The two games I bothered checking up on (Spurs and cant remember the other) Lin struggled bad. Especially defensively. On the bright side, Osik has been fantastic. He going to get career highs in points, rebounds and assists season for sure. I had no idea he was this good a passer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:46 pm

I see I kinda felt Lin would be an overpriced waste of money, but time will tell. I'll probably dip more into NBA this season (well I hope), I miss Yao so much too although watching him would piss me off to no end with those bullshit calls from the refs (aka wastes of space and air).

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Yeah, Lins been borderline awful tbh, but it's a new system. Also Royce White missed all of training camp trying to set up private bus transportation for games he can drive to. I don't know if he's played in a pre-season game yet.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm

I watched a couple games...Motiejuanas is probably the highlight. He has such a versatile offensive game already that it's hard to pin down exactly what he's going to be.

No defense though, he looks a bit lost on that end.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 pm

From what I read, everyone minus Osik looks lost on the defensive end.

Lin im not surprised, he isnt that good. He is a back up who went on a hot streak...see Tony Delk in the mid 00's.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next