Swanhends
dmize
Le Samourai
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
25 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 pm

From what I read, everyone minus Osik looks lost on the defensive end.

Lin im not surprised, he isnt that good. He is a back up who went on a hot streak...see Tony Delk in the mid 00's.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/chris_ballard/10/10/andris.biedrins/index.html?sct=nba_wr_a1

Pretty good read. No idea what happened to this guy, I remember when he put up 15 and 12 basically...a real force in the middle.

Doubt wee even see that dude again but maybe a change of teams can do him some good.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Yeah he fell off hard. His confidence is shot. He used to play aggressively and now he avoids the ball. Also, I've heard he's not motivated, maybe after he got that extension he got lazy.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:20 am

Lawrence Frank finally played Monroe and Drummond together, and damn the potential for that duo is scary. Monroe just threw Drummond an oop from the top of the key Laughing . If Brandon Knight becomes what he should be, then the Pistons are gunna have something in a few years.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Monroe is taller, but Drummond is bigger right?

Who guards the center?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Drummond would. Monroe may need time adjusting to guarding quicker 4's, so he may start the season at C with Maxiell at PF, but soon I think they'll both be starting. Granted it's been preseason, but AD1 looks to be above average defensively already, the Pistons just look flat out better when he's in the lineup.

Perry Jones is also looking like a steal for OKC. Could be a real weapon off the bench for them. Two guys that were passed over because they didn't dominate consistently in college(plus rumors of PJIII having knee problems).

edit: also looking at DraftExpress, Drummond and Monroe both measured at 6'9.75 without shoes so they're about the same height I think.

Last edited by dmize on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:59 am

Showing some flashes, encouraging for Raps fans

Also Barbosa signed a 1 year deal with the Celtics today. Never been a huge fan of his but the guy can score. Even more firepower off the bench. Terry, Lee, Green, Barbosa, Sullinger. I'm quite convinced our backup lineup of Terry, Lee, Green, Sullinger and Darko would beat the Bobcats and maybe a couple other teams. No real playmaker and not much interior D with that lineup though.

Edit: Oh and don't wanna overreact too early but LOL at Cleveland for taking Waiters. Should've grabbed Drummond or Barnes. It's looking like it's gunna be 2 years in a row with wasted top 4 picks.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 pm

I assumed Monroe was taller, either way I think with Drummunds size...he is the center so makes sense.

Yeah, I never seen Jones play..but I heard a ton of good things about his talent like back when he was in highschool. So im surprised to learn he dropped down to the Thunder.

With him, Ibaka and Collison....eventually they wont need Perkins.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm

The C's got Barbosa...bit of a gunner and dont think him and Terry fit together at all...but god damn that bench has immense firepower.

Best bench in the league potentionally...even more so than the Spurs or Denver. They have tons of different tools, other than a back up run the offence type of PG.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Terry running point, should move him to the 2 and put Bradley at PG when Rondos out of the game.

Meant to post this when it happened also. Lmfao at how badly Turiaf got owned, not once but twice in about 5 seconds.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Did an NBA Fantasy Draft. Didn't feel like doing another live draft considering my drafted NFL team is 0-6 Laughing

So it was auto pick but I changed a lot of Yahoos player rankings before hand:
PG-Deron Williams
SG-Manu Ginobli
G-Ray Allen
SF-Nicholas Batum
PF-Kenneth Faried
F-Andrea Bargnani
C-Dwight Howard
C-Greg Monroe
Util-Kemba Walker
Util-Wilson Chandler
BN-Ricky Rubio(stashing him til he comes back)
BN-Mario Chalmers(dropping him for Roy since he's looked quite good)
BN-Marcus Camby(dropping him for Drummond)

Decent I'd say. May need another SG, depends on the numbers/minutes Ray gets in Miami.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:52 am

Howard made his debut tonight....he got 19 and 12. Still looks a little stiff but seems to be fully recovered.

Artest is ridiculously slim.

Kobe looks pretty good....hopefully he rests enough so that he doesn't look like an old man come the playoffs.

The bench No
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm

http://www.celticsblog.com/2012/10/21/3534426/ray-allen-dishes-more-dirt-and-blames-danny-ainge-for-rajon-rondo-rift

Allen sat down for three separate one-on-one interviews — with The Miami Herald, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel and the Palm Beach Post — on Thursday to clear the air well before the season opener.

He said the friction with Rondo began in 2009 when Rivers and Celtics president Danny Ainge proposed a trade that would have sent Allen and Rondo to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa and the 14th overall pick in the 2010 draft. Allen said that, at the time, Ainge and Rivers "didn’t get along" with Rondo.

"So, I called him and I told him, ‘hey they’re supposedly trading us to Phoenix because you and Danny and Doc don’t get along,’ " Allen said. " ‘So, whatever you can do.’ "So, for some reason, I guess he thought that I was … that I had something against him, or there were some issues. And I had no issues with him. I won with him."

Now, Allen says if Rondo "had issue with me, that’s on him."

"I have a way of going about doing my job that, I want everyone to come and play their hardest and come in and do their job and I can’t, I don’t worry myself with things I can’t control," Allen said.

C'mon Ray.

Just stop it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Rondo and Allen for Amar'e a year after they won it all? Dafuq?

Btw can't believe Rashard Lewis is the 2nd highest paid player in the league

rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:21 am

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 19 Tumblr_mc88orRcwA1r6x5lro1_1280

LMAO Apparently the 6ers acquired Don King
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:46 am

^Stupid hairstyle. That simple.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:47 pm

Did anyone watch the 30 for 30, "Benji" on Tuesday night?

I thought was another brilliant movie from the 30 for 30 series. Will try to make a more detailed comment on it later.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:07 am

THC 10 wrote:Did anyone watch the 30 for 30, "Benji" on Tuesday night?

I thought was another brilliant movie from the 30 for 30 series. Will try to make a more detailed comment on it later.

No, but I know the story.. Watched a little news report that is on Youtube several months ago..

Btw does anyone here have NBA league pass?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 am

Lkers 0-9....just preaseason but anything to be worried about?

Probably not....but who knows.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:24 am

The Franchise wrote:Lkers 0-9....just preaseason but anything to be worried about?

Probably not....but who knows.

Doesn't matter at all.. Nobody cares about pre-season
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 am

I only really look to pre-season for individual stuff, but to go 0-8... Probably means nothing though, they're introducing a new system, plus 2 new players. It may take them 5-10 games to get rolling imo.

Last edited by dmize on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:25 am

Swagg wrote:
THC 10 wrote:Did anyone watch the 30 for 30, "Benji" on Tuesday night?

Btw does anyone here have NBA league pass?

I'm going to get it in a few days. Probably just going to go with the 5 team League Pass. Besides the Celtics, Knicks and Nets which I all get on local cable, I really would only want to watch the Lakers, Thunder, Heat, Pistons and either Houston/Clippers/Charlotte.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:43 am

4 almost 3 days left until season opens. Cool

Another 13 and 10 in just 19 minutes tonight. This dudes per 36 numbers in preseason(27, 21 and 6, w/o 1 single set run for him) are just ridiculous: smoking

With Val, Drummond and Leonard, not to mention young vets like Bynum, Howard, Hibbert, etc, the center position is looking a little more promising.

Because of the lack of quality the NBA eliminated the Center position from the all-star ballot, lol.

Edit: Lillard looks legit so far. One of his games:

you can tell he really runs the P&R well already

Oh and because it hasn't been posted. David Stern is set to retire in 2014 on his 30th year on the job. Adam Silver will take over. I'm pretty sure he's just a mini-Stern but we'll find out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8550645/david-stern-retire-nba-commissioner-2014

Not his biggest fan but what he did for the game of basketball in the 80's and 90's is undeniable.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:20 am

I don't fully understand League Pass though.. So the platform to watch games is called 'Game Time', there is a mobile app for t and everything.. But it says that 'Game Time' is not available in the States.. How is that possible?

I was looking at it about a week ago and found the 2 different packages, one where you choose 5 teams like you stated, and the other for all 30 teams.. But now I just see a 30 team package??? Dafuq?

Plus the pricing was different last time I checked, now it seems to be cheaper at $100 CAD flat for the whole season.. I would def get it but I will be in the States for the majority of next year and if I can't use it there, it's pointless really
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:55 am

Swagg wrote:I don't fully understand League Pass though.. So the platform to watch games is called 'Game Time', there is a mobile app for t and everything.. But it says that 'Game Time' is not available in the States.. How is that possible?

I was looking at it about a week ago and found the 2 different packages, one where you choose 5 teams like you stated, and the other for all 30 teams.. But now I just see a 30 team package??? Dafuq?

Plus the pricing was different last time I checked, now it seems to be cheaper at $100 CAD flat for the whole season.. I would def get it but I will be in the States for the majority of next year and if I can't use it there, it's pointless really

When you're in the US, find a Canadian proxy and log in to League Pass that way. $100 is much cheaper than what it costs here.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:15 pm

I don't know which 'League Pass' site I was looking at before.. Can't seem to find it hmm

If 'Game Time' is not available in the U.S. (says so on watch.nba.com site) then how will you get it?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next