windkick
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
57 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 31 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:16 am

Gervinho has had his moments? lol Yeah, about 10x more frustrating moments than good ones I can tell you. His decision making in the final third is awful. The guy has speed and technique but absolutely no brain whatsoever. And topping it up with his abysmal finishing.

Giroud, Ligue 1 top scorer, apparently an aerial threat. The guy has missed more open goals than not so far and can barely get his head to the ball.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 am

Give Giroud time, I think he's quality
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 am

"Gervinho hasnt done well"...reading ability?

And again, Giroud has been in England a matter of months...silly to judge him.

But lets say I give you Gervinho and Chamakh..your suggesting Ligue 1 players have produced many flops based on this?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Lack of effectivenesss upfront.I assume you are referring to his not so great finishing.Because other than that he is as effective as any froward on the planet barring Messi.He is carrying Liverpool's attack on his own and doing a mighty fine job of it.
He can draw the attention of 2,3 defenders,can dribble multiple defenders, has terrific movement,is very versatile and can play across the front line to equal effect and is a good passer.In short he is the perfect forward for us.
His finishing can be explained by his present situation.He is a one man army for Liverpool and feels the need to do too much sometimes.This leads to him being anxious while finishing.For us he wouldnt have that same pressure and we would see better returns.
Even then he has scored 10 goals this season.Extremely good considering the circumstances.

I was unaware he had scored so many this season, it's a surprising figure considering his past season. I'm not entirely convinced his finishing problems would disappear at Barca, if he can't finish on account of anxiety in the league, could he do it in a CL game? Even if that responsibility is shared I'm not sure he would have the nerves for it. But then again I'm not sure why his finishing was so atrocious last season - it definitely did seem more mental than anything given his bad experiences with England. You see him as a Villa replacement, has he ever played on the left wing?

In any case we would have to pay upwards of 30M for him and I think that if we can truly get Nerman for 40 (10 of which have allegedly already been paid) then he's worth the better chance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm

The reason Suarez has scored so many is because of the amount of attempts on goal he has had he averages something like a goal every 9 or 10 shots....

He maybe scoring more this season but doesn't mean his finishing has improved he's still taking tonnes of chances to score.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:58 pm

French players who have moved to Serie A/EPL/La Liga or had a spell in those leagues beforehand:

Ciani (Lazio) - flop
Gourcuff (Milan) - flop
Chamakh (Arsenal) - flop
Réveillère (Valencia) - flop
Rami (Valencia) - not a flop but nowhere near what French media made him out to be
Taiwo (Milan) - flop
Gervinho (Arsenal) - flop
Hazard (Chelsea) - has quality and needs more time to adapt
Giroud (Arsenal) - I'll give him more time, but he doesn't look like a top striker.

All these players were regarded top players in Ligue 1.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Pires, Giuly, Zidane, Henry, Platini, Vieria, Ribery, Thuram, Desailly, Makélélé, Cantona...Come on, let's not rubbish the quality of Les Bleus
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm

FCBarça wrote:Pires, Giuly, Zidane, Henry, Platini, Vieria, Ribery, Thuram, Desailly, Makélélé, Cantona...Come on, let's not rubbish the quality of Les Bleus
I'm glad you had to go up to more than a decade back to find them, which exactly proves my point:
danyjr wrote:Recently many good Ligue 1 players have turned out to be flops in better leagues.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:49 pm

danyjr wrote:
I'm glad you had to go up to more than a decade back to find them, which exactly proves my point:

Just proves that French football has produced great footballers...So while they've experienced a lull of late, the country is chock full of talent and it has arguably the 3rd best source of footballing talent on the continent

Personally, I find Ligue1 largely boring but there is no shortage of talent
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Lack of effectivenesss upfront.I assume you are referring to his not so great finishing.Because other than that he is as effective as any froward on the planet barring Messi.He is carrying Liverpool's attack on his own and doing a mighty fine job of it.
He can draw the attention of 2,3 defenders,can dribble multiple defenders, has terrific movement,is very versatile and can play across the front line to equal effect and is a good passer.In short he is the perfect forward for us.
His finishing can be explained by his present situation.He is a one man army for Liverpool and feels the need to do too much sometimes.This leads to him being anxious while finishing.For us he wouldnt have that same pressure and we would see better returns.
Even then he has scored 10 goals this season.Extremely good considering the circumstances.

I was unaware he had scored so many this season, it's a surprising figure considering his past season. I'm not entirely convinced his finishing problems would disappear at Barca, if he can't finish on account of anxiety in the league, could he do it in a CL game? Even if that responsibility is shared I'm not sure he would have the nerves for it. But then again I'm not sure why his finishing was so atrocious last season - it definitely did seem more mental than anything given his bad experiences with England. You see him as a Villa replacement, has he ever played on the left wing?

In any case we would have to pay upwards of 30M for him and I think that if we can truly get Nerman for 40 (10 of which have allegedly already been paid) then he's worth the better chance.

I think he would easily score 20 plus for us.And besides he cant be any worse than Alexis at finishing.
Also the reason I want him here is not because of his finishing.The reason I want him here is because he is a crack player as free would say.A bonafide superstar player who can wreak havoc on defenses all on his own.
And yes he has played very successfully on the left.I have seen him play on the left for Ajax numerous times.He is extremely versatile and can play across the front line to equal effect.
Suarez or Neymar for the same amount.Suarez everyday of the week for me.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 am

danyjr wrote:French players who have moved to Serie A/EPL/La Liga or had a spell in those leagues beforehand:

Ciani (Lazio) - flop
Gourcuff (Milan) - flop
Chamakh (Arsenal) - flop
Réveillère (Valencia) - flop
Rami (Valencia) - not a flop but nowhere near what French media made him out to be
Taiwo (Milan) - flop
Gervinho (Arsenal) - flop
Hazard (Chelsea) - has quality and needs more time to adapt
Giroud (Arsenal) - I'll give him more time, but he doesn't look like a top striker.

All these players were regarded top players in Ligue 1.

Few problems. Ciani has been in Lazio for only a few months, how can you judge him as a flop?

Also Reveille wasnt even that good in France, neither was Taiwo and Gourcuff has been crap in France too, minus like 2 seasons. Only Gourcuff could be argued was seen as a top player and even that was based on one single season..the fact he has been poor in France since that point suggests the problem is him.

Rami has been fairly good so dont know why your listing him.

Why dont we name the guys who have done well? I bet those far outweigh your list.

Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Benzema, Mexes, Essien, Diarra, Abidal, Cissokho has done better outside France than in it, Varane, Drogba, Evra, Ribery, Nasri, Kaboul, Clichy, Mathieu....shall I continue?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Gourcuff was 19 when he moved to Milan. He had Prime kaka and Seedorf ahead of him. He didn't flop, he just wasn't needed.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Ciani has been warming the bench for Lazio because he hasn't been up to standards in a mid table Serie A team.

Taiwo voted best Ligue 1 LB in 2009 and 2011.

Réveillère the same, best Ligue 1 CB in 2011.

The rest of the names mentioned are 2008 or older. Only Cabaye and Ben Arfa haven't been flops, then again they aren't even that good.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Walcott is being rumored to be a Barca target
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 pm

windkick wrote:Walcott is being rumored to be a Barca target

Dont see it, for various reason.

But anyway, no thanks, we have our own version in Tello.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 pm

Yes, but Tello it out left. Walcott would be out right. It's not like Alexis is doing much (not saying Walcott would be the answer to the right flank either but that side of the pitch is scoring zero goals as of late)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm

It won't happen. If we get Walcott then when Neymar comes in either Walcott or Neymar will have to miss out a majority of matches. If we sell Alexis and Villa then it may look good for us though I'm sure it won't happen...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:47 pm

windkick wrote:Yes, but Tello it out left. Walcott would be out right. It's not like Alexis is doing much (not saying Walcott would be the answer to the right flank either but that side of the pitch is scoring zero goals as of late)
windkick wrote:Yes, but Tello it out left. Walcott would be out right. It's not like Alexis is doing much (not saying Walcott would be the answer to the right flank either but that side of the pitch is scoring zero goals as of late)

Maybe you need to see more Walcott, if your upset by Alexis I dont know what you will do about Walcott.

I want to also add Walcott has the notion he is a 9, not a winger.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 am

Yea. I read that too, that a main reason he wants to leave Gunners is because he thinks he is actually a 9

Anywhom, it's a rumor i heard so i posted it Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 am

Cuenca is coming back so hopefully we do not feel the need to get another winger lol
Also in other random news
Messi, Puyol, Tello, and Xavi all renewed their contracts cheers
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:02 am

Funny i was just coming in here to post that Cuenca is rumored to be wanted by Valencia. It would be a Bojan type of buy back clause type of deal.

Before Cuenca got injured in the summer, I remember Tito was shopping him around for a loan deal (as well as Jona and Fontas). I read a German club is interested in Deulofeu but I dont' remember which one. hope he doesnt go
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Barcelona haven't learnt from their previous trades with Arsenal? I mean this guy isn't even a top player for Arsenal, and I'm being polite here.

Spoiler:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 pm

I don't see any reason to loan Cuenca out. He is a different winger to any other winger we have. I would defeinitely keep him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Loaning out the only natural/good RW we have at the moment, before he even has a chance to show what he's got this season.

I don't think so.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 pm

I really am quite fond of Cuenca. He was a little bit frail physically and his shooting was horrible, but he is very hard to stop in the 1 v 1, he can dribble more than 1 player. an excellent crosser and passer.

I think he has a bright future, no reason at all to loan him. He hasnt once disappointed me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:07 am

Canelo is a warlord. Hope he manages to beat Mayweather in May
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite