New Roma Manager thread Empty New Roma Manager thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:33 am

Lets start this again...

Back to top Go down

New Roma Manager thread Empty Re: New Roma Manager thread

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:37 am

Sunday 5 June, 2011
Luis Enrique: 'Details for Roma deal'

Barcelona B manager Luis Enrique confirms “there are a few details left to complete the deal” with Roma.

The Spaniard had already admitted to negotiations last week and they are progressing very quickly.

“Roma are like a dessert that everyone is happy to eat,” he said after his final match in charge of Barcelona B, the reserve squad that plays in the second division.

“I really like the Roma project. There are a few details left to complete the deal.”

It is also widely reported that former Lazio midfielder Ivan De La Pena will be his assistant manager at the Stadio Olimpico.

“He has a very good chance of taking part in this adventure,” added Luis Enrique.

Once the Coach is in place, new President Thomas Di Benedetto and his American investors can begin planning a transfer strategy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:38 am

Monday 6 June, 2011
Luis Enrique: 'Guardiola advised Roma'

Luis Enrique has reiterated he is in talks with Roma and revealed “Pep Guardiola said they are a great option for me.”

The former Spain international midfielder has been in charge of Barcelona B for the past three years and has confirmed he’s walking away this summer.

“I am in negotiations with Roma, but seeing as these are on-going, I will not say anything until the talks are concluded. I won’t discuss the other alternatives,” said Luis Enrique in a statement published on the Barcelona website.

He also confessed that the Coach who won the Champions League and Liga title this season had encouraged this move.

“I spoke to Guardiola about this and he said Roma are a serious club, so it would be a great option for me.”

Guardiola knows Serie A well, having played for both Roma and Brescia in his career.

The Giallorossi are seeking a new tactician after President Thomas Di Benedetto and other American investors took over the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:37 am

4-3-3

Does anybody know excatly what type of players he uses? I mean in midfield three, like barca - DM, CMF and AMF? Or does he use WFs or SSs that drift wide?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 am

As a supporter of Italian football I am not sure this is the right move. Many have criticized the coaching standards of Italy saying there is not enough big club mentality or experience among most of the coaches (Allegri, Leonardo, Montella, Conte, Del Neri).

Enrique would continue this trend, no?

I would personally stick with Montella ahead of him...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:18 am

His uber attack-minded mentality will certainly ruffle feathers in Italy.

Our defense is going to concede a ridiculous amount of goals though.....that alone is not good for Italian football...
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Our current defense maybe.. if we keep the ball like barca then we dont concede crap.. proper players needed for that though..
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RSA_MILAN4LIFE Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Havent you guys maybe considered Ancelotti? He has experience, was and ex- Roma player and didnt he mention a few times that he would like to coach Roma one day??

RSA_MILAN4LIFE
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:14 pm

RSA_MILAN4LIFE wrote:Havent you guys maybe considered Ancelotti? He has experience, was and ex- Roma player and didnt he mention a few times that he would like to coach Roma one day??

Ancelotti Not Taking The Roma Reigns For A Year At Least

Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he will take a one-year sabbatical from football after being sacked by Chelsea.Ancelotti was dumped by Blues boss Roman Abramovich on the final day of the English Premier League season, despite leading the club to a second-place finish behind champions Manchester United.

The Italian is not without his suitors given his stature in England, and Aston Villa, Fulham and newly promoted Queens Park Rangers have all been linked with his services.

But the in-demand 51-year-old seems prepared to forgo all offers in favour of a rest while he contemplates his next move.

“I am in no hurry to coach and I don’t need to,” Ancelotti told Italian newspaper La Stampa.

“I have enjoyed this experience (of coaching in England). I will return to London to organise my life.”

“Besides a six-month break, I have been coaching non-stop since 1995. I will take a year off and look around, study how my colleagues work.”

The news could potentially be a reprieve for current Roma boss Vincenzo Montella, who was widely expected to make way had Ancelotti opted for a move back to the club where he spent his playing days.

Ancelotti has previously stated his desire to return to the Italian capital in the future, though he has given his strongest indication yet that that time has not yet arrived.

“I have not been contacted by any club in England and I have not spoken to Roma. It is all fantasy,” he said.

“I have always said, and I reiterate it, that one day I will coach Roma – but it’s still ea
rly.”
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Brigate Rossonere wrote:As a supporter of Italian football I am not sure this is the right move. Many have criticized the coaching standards of Italy saying there is not enough big club mentality or experience among most of the coaches (Allegri, Leonardo, Montella, Conte, Del Neri).

Enrique would continue this trend, no?

I would personally stick with Montella ahead of him...

Montella has favorites and has a hard on for Doni...Ancelotti is to soft ...

We need an outsider to come in and coach this team..Someone who has had no connection to the club in the past...It's best that way imo..

Plus this could work out really well ..Im all for a manager who wants to play nice football instead of the old boring Italian style..

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:27 pm

La Maggica, then Luis Enrique is the man. Attractive style, he knows the Barca style that rules the world nowadays. Plus hes young and ambitious.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:10 pm

Tuesday 7 June, 2011
Luis Enrique to Roma today?

Luis Enrique could be confirmed as Roma boss as soon as this evening, some reports in Italy are suggesting.

The claim has been made by Sky journalist Arancia Rodriguez during an interview with Centro Suono Sport on Tuesday.

“An official announcement will arrive later tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest,” the correspondent suggested.

“Reports in Spain today claimed that Luis would be going to Atletico Madrid, but, as far as we know, that won’t happen.

“We’ve spoken to people who have been following the negotiations and the idea is for an announcement to be made by tomorrow.

“I don’t think there are any doubts about his desire to move to Rome and Pep Guardiola’s advice was very important.

“Guardiola told him that Roma are a great side.”

Luis Enrique is available after he ended his stint on the bench of Barcelona B.

Guardiola, current Barca boss and former B team Coach, spent a short time at Roma as a player during the 2002-03 campaign.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Tuesday 7 June, 2011
Luis Enrique to pen Roma deal

It’s believed Luis Enrique could be confirmed as Roma Coach in the next 48 hours with a two-year contract and an option for a third.

Reports are swirling around in Italy and Spain that a deal will be announced either tonight or tomorrow.

Sky Sport Italia suggest the Barcelona B boss will put pen to paper on a two-year contract with an option for a third season.

“The official word on the matter is imminent and contracts will be signed via fax,” said sources close to new Roma President Thomas Di Benedetto.

Before it can be completed, the club must hold a Board of Directors meeting and delegate power to UniCredit manager Roberto Venturini.

It is claimed Luis Enrique will be presented to the media on the same day as President Di Benedetto, which should be at the end of June or early July.

There are also reports in Spain that maintain Luis Enrique will bring some of his Barcelona B starlets with him to Roma.

They include 20-year-old right-back Martin Montoya and 25-year-old striker Jonathan Soriano.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:33 am

Giampaolo: 'I'm a man of my word'

Marco Giampaolo will be the new Coach of Cesena despite talks with Roma. “I am a man of my word and shook hands with the President.”

The tactician was all set to be unveiled when it emerged he had been approached by the Giallorossi this week.

“I am a man of my word and so, after I shook hands with President Igor Campedelli, I feel myself to be the new Coach of Cesena,” read a statement from Giampaolo.

“As for the ‘contacts’ with Roma reported in the media, this chat with some representatives of the Giallorossi club had absolutely nothing to do with the position of Coach.

“Having clarified all that, I await you tomorrow afternoon at the Stadio Manuzzi for my first Press conference with Cesena.”
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:33 am

Thank God...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:44 am

Giampaolo is decent. He's a good guy, but I really can't picture him with a big team. It would've been a mistake to hire him imo.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:38 am

Would be Del Neri 2.0
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:46 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:Would be Del Neri 2.0

Nahh, you can understand Giampaolo when he speaks lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:55 am

Gazzetta are convinced, Enrique accepted Sabatini's offer.

Gazzetta dello Sport - A. Catapano

Luis Enrique has finally accepted Roma's offer. The Spaniard yesterday morning, through Ivan De La Peña, let Sabatini know that he agreed with the offer. The coach will sign a two-year contract with an option for a third season. He will also come with his friend Ivan De La Peña, an assitant coach, a physical trainer and a motivator.

Roma will pay two and half million net per season: one and a half for Luis Enrique, the rest shared amongst his many collaborators. The new Roma coach will presumably be announced today
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 am

ErPupone wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:Would be Del Neri 2.0

Nahh, you can understand Giampaolo when he speaks lol.

Lol I could understand Del Neri but it would probably be better if I didn't. All he ever did was whinge...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Luis Enrique confirms he's going to Roma
http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/20110608/luis-enrique-confirma-que-roma/1036107.shtml
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Wednesday 8 June, 2011
I’ll boss Roma, says Luis Enrique
New Roma Manager thread Whitebox
New Roma Manager thread Enriquenews01
New Roma Manager thread Whitebox
[size=9]Luis Enrique has confirmed that he will be the new Coach of Roma. “All that is missing is my signature.”

Reports yesterday suggested that a deal has been done and the young Coach has confirmed as much to Sky Italia.

“There is a full agreement with the club, the only thing that is missing is the signature,” he stated. “I’ll be in Rome in the next few days.”

Enrique, who replaces caretaker boss Vincenzo Montella, attracted the attention of the new owners while with Barcelona B.

The former Spanish international was also wanted by Atletico Madrid.

“I’m happy with the decision I have made and enthusiastic about marrying the Roma project. It is a winning one and I am an ambitious and winning Coach,” he added.

“I practice attacking football, a spectacular brand designed to entertain and attract people to the stadium.

“People still don’t know me in Italy, but I’ll erase the doubts and at the end of the season we will look at the facts.”

Recent whispers suggested that Enrique would look to bring some of his present players with him from Spain to Serie A.

“I’ll look to work with the best players, those who I will find in Rome and those who I’ll be able to bring with me from Barcelona,” he stated.

Barcelona B stars Jeffren Suarez, Jonathan Soriano, Oriol Romeu and Martin Montoya have been paired with the Giallorossi.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:08 pm

I'm still not sold on how great its gonna be.

I think it's going to be a case of feast or famine with Enrique. Hopefully he gets just a 2 year deal. We need to keep options open I think.

Hopefully he can handle Serie A. (Media/Politics and whatnot)
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:34 am

Welcome to Roma Luis.. Cool

Im sure he will do a good job with us...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next