messixaviesta
ChollaVille
Khaled
49 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Gerard Deulofeu - Page 6 Empty Re: Gerard Deulofeu

Post by FCBarça Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:37 pm

There's a story in Germany that Leverkusen are trying to close a loan deal on Deulofeu but the sticking point is insisting on a buy option

FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Neverkusen can go get statutory raped by Bayern, no way we're putting Deulofeu on loan with a buy option.

I doubt he'll go on loan even. Yeah he's been playing with Barca B for a while, but to me that indicates Barca want to keep him and integrate him into the team in the future more than if he went on loan.

There really is no need to rush the kid. He'll get promoted/playing time eventually, I take it as a positive he's being kept in the B, and I think it's the right choice by Barca personally.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:26 pm

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Unrelated to the video, anyone think it's about time we give him the chance to shine?

He's been in Barca B long enough. Attitude problem or not, I'd like to see him getting some time in the first team, and time on the pitch. Not like we don't have the league wrapped up on this point. No harm in putting him on for the last 15 minutes and seeing what he's made of.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:16 pm

I think next season he needs to be promoted, he is the top scorer in the division playing only 2 out of 3 games. And the goals he scores and the dribbes he makes, you can see he needs a bigger challange.

I think the attitude thing is overdone to be honest, he doesnt seem that bad. I dunno why people (not you CB I just mean generally) expect our players to be all choir boys..its annoying. Everyone is different, let them be if they arent causing real harm.

The bigger question mark to me is when I watch him do something outragous, I think, would he actually be allowed/have the freedom to do something like that for the firsr team? I think this in some way is effecting the way he is viewed by the coaches, on some level. They think he is too much of an individual perhaps...though personally I dont see that as a negative.

Another issue why he hasnt been used for us up till now is probably numbers wise we have alot. Tello, Pedro, Villa, Alexis and Messi. Cuenca had to go out, Afellay did and Rafinha hasnt been used either. So its not like it was for Bojan for example, where we really didnt have the numbers standing in his way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:14 am

A goal Deulofeu scored vs. getafe with Spain U-20 in a friendly game yesterday.

PS. I'm unable to embed a youtube video for some reason. If someone can embed it for me. Thanks.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:27 am

Fixed the embed link for you; for future reference, removing the feature=embedded code from the url should fix this problem.

On the topic of a perceived attitude problem, at the end of the day the player has to be given the benefit of the doubt that they will not sabotage their own chance at the big time. Sometimes it takes a while for players to fully adjust and realise that a new level of professionalism is required of them. Most of these guys are still just kids really, it doesn't come easily to most, but as long as they are surrounded by good mentors, which should be in abundance when you look at some of the personalities in the Barcelona locker room, they will largely respond well to being given an opportunity.

Just to take the most recent example at Milan, Niang's baggage and attitude was bandied about a lot in the press as he arrived and in the weeks after his arrival, however his attitude on the pitch has been outstanding for the most part. He's slowly adjusted to the expectations of being in the first team squad of a big club and he now rings Galliani each night to tell him what his plans are and sometimes Galliani tells him he's not allowed to go out. He's learnt that this is what is expected of him however and he's adjusted in accord with that. Sometimes attitude has to be learnt on the job, but you have to give players who are talented enough the opportunity in the first place.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:36 am

Superb post. I wish my coaches thought like that when I was 17 Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 am

No one mentions what a super goal that is? Shocked
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:49 am

Spain u20's played Getafe first team?

Yeah, superb goal, once he got up to speed there was no stopping him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am

The Franchise wrote:Spain u20's played Getafe first team?

Yeah, superb goal, once he got up to speed there was no stopping him.

Yes, a training match.
Getafe won 3-1.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am

Probably not that surprising, the scoreline.

If im being really critical, the goalie could of done better...but tremendous speed none the less.

Will he be promoted you think?

I mean, on his performance in the Segunda and talent, he should be...but..it doesnt seem a given for some reason.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:Probably not that surprising, the scoreline.

If im being really critical, the goalie could of done better...but tremendous speed none the less.

Will he be promoted you think?

I mean, on his performance in the Segunda and talent, he should be...but..it doesnt seem a given for some reason.

Yes, the GK could have done better covering his near post. But perhaps Deulofeu would have aimed the far post then.

I thought he wouldn't be promoted yet, but Barça is now in renewal talks with his agent and it seems they are asking him to be authomatically promoted next season along with Rafinha, Roberto and Oier.

I'm fine with him being promoted or staying another season, as long as he starts getting minutes with the 1st team progressively.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 pm

If those 4 get promoted, you got to think we have to reduce the squad in other ways.

Jonathon and Song you would think have to go. I like Song but he isnt playing very much and there is no way he can continue like this, he will get annoyed by it eventually im pretty sure.

Also if both Rafinha and Deulofeu jump up aswell as Neymar...which forwards are safe in the first team? Probably Pedro because of his history...everyone else probably not.

But I guess all that is still be be decieded. If his agent says "promotion or not new contract" I would be inclined to simply cave in and give him the promotion. Maybe its possible to convince no promotion but X amount of minutes with the first team...which I am also happy with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:If those 4 get promoted, you got to think we have to reduce the squad in other ways.

Jonathon and Song you would think have to go. I like Song but he isnt playing very much and there is no way he can continue like this, he will get annoyed by it eventually im pretty sure.

Also if both Rafinha and Deulofeu jump up aswell as Neymar...which forwards are safe in the first team? Probably Pedro because of his history...everyone else probably not.

But I guess all that is still be be decieded. If his agent says "promotion or not new contract" I would be inclined to simply cave in and give him the promotion. Maybe its possible to convince no promotion but X amount of minutes with the first team...which I am also happy with.

It would probably be a better option to seel Masche than Song if it weren't because he is Messi's pal, don't you think? Song is much better at DM and Masche kinda sucks at CB now.

Apparently Song is unhappy with the time he is having. I don't know what he expected when he came... For me, he has been a perfect Busquets sub and can stay, but he shouldn't expect much more than this.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Well, I think both should go.

If we dont sell Song, how will Sergi Roberto ever play? I know he isnt a holding midfielder, but still he would enjoy the minutes.

If Mascherano leaves and Songs stays, it doesnt really help Roberto.

I agree, I dont know what Song expected. He was silly to come at 25 years in the first place, he was always going to want to use the prime of his career being an important player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Gerard Deulofeu signs a new deal until 2017, with a clause of €35m.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Great news. 35 milion is not a very big clause, he's definitely worth that much. However, release clauses are not the reason why we keep young players anyway, but because they want to triumph with us and know we give opportunities unlike other Top clubs.

I wonder if he has any kind of automatic promotion in his agreement like Roberto or Rafinha. Haven't read anything yet.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Cannot see him being a big part of next season unless we sell either Pedro or Sanchez, for some reason Tito doesn't trust him, along with Thiago, Montoya and Bartra
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Not fair to say Tito doesn't trust him. He is 19. His place was at the B this season.

I can agree that Tito doesn't trust Bartra and perhaps Montoya (although Montoya played a lot at the begining of the season), but he has trusted Thiago quite a lot IMO.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon May 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Adriano is blocking both Bartra and Montoya from playing, when he should be used strickly as a LB, and Thiago in my opinion should of been rotated a lot more throughout the season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 14, 2013 5:50 pm

According to Catalan radio, his new agreement is for the first team, so he will be promoted next season. However, it's possible that he goes on loan.
I wouldn't loan him out, he is good enough to play 20-25 games a season for us and develop well.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed May 15, 2013 2:12 am

free_cat wrote:According to Catalan radio, his new agreement is for the first team, so he will be promoted next season. However, it's possible that he goes on loan.
I wouldn't loan him out, he is good enough to play 20-25 games a season for us and develop well.

Same here. He has a place in this team already and will develop quite well under our first team guidance... That being said if we don't sell any of our strikers and buy Neymar he will find it hard to get game time so they may consider a loan opportunity...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 15, 2013 10:56 am

I wonder who is making that decision, regarding a loan move.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Didnt get off the bench in Everton's 2-2 draw today away to Norwich.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Wasn't really expecting him to play today though, I think he will be eased into the team.

Btw I think giving him the 10 was a mistake considering he's so young. Could add some pressure, even if it's only Everton.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next