Highburied
Gil
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Terry banned for 4 games - Page 3 Empty Re: Terry banned for 4 games

Post by stevieg8 Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 0:51

Gil wrote:
RedOranje wrote:We'll have to wait for the full findings before making any real judgements on the case, but it will be interesting to see how they explain the different punishments handed out. Hopefully they do provide some sort of explanation rather than just leaving it unaddressed.

Suarez was accused by EVRA of calling him the word "negro" multiple times.

JT was caught on camera saying the words "a black ****' once. Only Ashley Cole heard him saying it.

Not that hard to understand tbh.

1>0. Pretty simple math, actually. :coffee:

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 11:18

MirrorFootball ‏@MirrorFootball

1) Kick in the teeth: Black stars set to boycott Kick It Out campaign over Terry 'let-off' http://bit.ly/Q6PQrS
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 11:18

Blacklash: Why black players feel angry and let down by the FA over John Terry's ban http://mirr.im/V3S6mG
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:03

1. What happens in a court of law isn't really any of the FA's concern. They follow a different set of rules and standards. If Terry is innocent in the eyes of one it doesn't mean he's innocent in the eyes of the other, simply because the criteria for being deemed guilty of an offence is different.

2. Comparing this to the Suarez case really achieves nothing when you consider that these things are judged on a case by case basis. In Terry's case only Cole said that he heard anything, in Suarez's case more than one person heard something being said. In Terry's case his story remained the same, in Suarez's case his story kept changing and contradicted with his coach's/team mates' account.

Was there bias when handing out the punishment? I'm not going to say no but I will say that the FA probably have/had way more information than we did when making their respective decisions.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:07

BeautifulGame wrote:Balance of probabilities Laughing

Seriously Is there any other similar system that uses Balance of probabilities to judge guiltiness.

Not sure if serious....
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 15:21

Zealous wrote:1. What happens in a court of law isn't really any of the FA's concern. They follow a different set of rules and standards. If Terry is innocent in the eyes of one it doesn't mean he's innocent in the eyes of the other, simply because the criteria for being deemed guilty of an offence is different.

2. Comparing this to the Suarez case really achieves nothing when you consider that these things are judged on a case by case basis. In Terry's case only Cole said that he heard anything, in Suarez's case more than one person heard something being said. In Terry's case his story remained the same, in Suarez's case his story kept changing and contradicted with his coach's/team mates' account.

Was there bias when handing out the punishment? I'm not going to say no but I will say that the FA probably have/had way more information than we did when making their respective decisions.

suarez case made him really unpopular not cause of the racism but for the fact he changed his story every time,
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 17:13

Zealous wrote:1. What happens in a court of law isn't really any of the FA's concern. They follow a different set of rules and standards. If Terry is innocent in the eyes of one it doesn't mean he's innocent in the eyes of the other, simply because the criteria for being deemed guilty of an offence is different.

stevieg8 wrote:So I didn't want to deal with the flame war that this post would inevitably inspire in the general section, but still wanted to express my frustration. For those who haven't seen it yet:

John Terry has been banned for four games after a Football Association commission found him guilty of using racist language towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a match at Loftus Road in October.

Terry, 31 - who announced his decision to retire from international football before the start of the FA hearing, saying the association had made his position with the national team "untenable" - has also been fined £220,000.

He had strongly denied the FA charge of "using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand and which included a reference to colour and/or race".

I genuinely don't understand how this happens. When Suarez was given his 8 game ban last season, it was because he violated the same rule (4 games) and a subsequent rule relating to "abusive and/or insulting words" full stop - without the inclusion of race (another 4 games). How, if one violated the first rule, could one possibly not have violated the second? Doesn't the precedent of double jeopardy for Suarez make clear that the minimum suspension for racial abuse be 8 games, simply by the wording of the rules? It's unfathomable to me.

Suarez didn't get 4 extra game due to the fact his story changed, stevieg8 sum it up enough.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 17:37

mr-r34 wrote:

stevieg8 wrote:So I didn't want to deal with the flame war that this post would inevitably inspire in the general section, but still wanted to express my frustration. For those who haven't seen it yet:

John Terry has been banned for four games after a Football Association commission found him guilty of using racist language towards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand during a match at Loftus Road in October.

Terry, 31 - who announced his decision to retire from international football before the start of the FA hearing, saying the association had made his position with the national team "untenable" - has also been fined £220,000.

He had strongly denied the FA charge of "using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand and which included a reference to colour and/or race".

I genuinely don't understand how this happens. When Suarez was given his 8 game ban last season, it was because he violated the same rule (4 games) and a subsequent rule relating to "abusive and/or insulting words" full stop - without the inclusion of race (another 4 games). How, if one violated the first rule, could one possibly not have violated the second? Doesn't the precedent of double jeopardy for Suarez make clear that the minimum suspension for racial abuse be 8 games, simply by the wording of the rules? It's unfathomable to me.

Suarez didn't get 4 extra game due to the fact his story changed, stevieg8 sum it up enough.

And herreeeeee we go.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri 28 Sep 2012 - 19:48

Zealous wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Balance of probabilities Laughing

Seriously Is there any other similar system that uses Balance of probabilities to judge guiltiness.

Not sure if serious....

Yes
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 0:01

aleumdance wrote:
suarez case made him really unpopular not cause of the racism but for the fact he changed his story every time,

Suarez's story was consistent throughout, actually. It was Comolli and Evra that changed their stories.

Also re:Zealous: Terry's instance was caught on tape, while no official (or ManUtd player) could confirm or deny the Suarez incident. Neither case is clear cut, please don't attempt to spin things to make it seem that way.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 18:34

aleumdance wrote:
Gil wrote:
aleumdance wrote:NOOOOO, that means he woill not play Arsenal

Arsene must appeal this, pls arsene we need terry to play

You do know you've been Terry's b***h for the best part of 7 years now right?

past 3 games vs chelsea

Chelsea 1-3 Arsenal

Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea( RDM PARKED THE BUS)

Terry was Arsenal's best player in most of the games

U mad brah?

Greatest ever PL CB.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 19:30

Nah, there were those more talented and those more respectable. Not sure Terry is the best in any category, but he's near it in most.

One of the best? Sure.
THE best? Nah.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 20:45

RedOranje wrote:
Also re:Zealous: Terry's instance was caught on tape, while no official (or ManUtd player) could confirm or deny the Suarez incident. Neither case is clear cut, please don't attempt to spin things to make it seem that way.

Neither case is clear cut you say? Could have fooled me with the feverish defence of Suarez's childish actions for almost a year now.

I won't even get into the evidence of each case. Neither of us have any context regarding those.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 20:49

Ignorance is bliss they say :facepalm:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 21:22

Again attempting to twist history and circumstances to manipulate the situation. Eventually you may learn to actually debate the facts and issues rather than relying on fallacies. Please let me know when you do, and we can have an actual discussion.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 21:39

Gil wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
Gil wrote:

past 3 games vs chelsea

Chelsea 1-3 Arsenal

Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

U mad brah?

Greatest ever PL CB.

Calm down. Not even better than Ferdinand
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 0:33

RealGunner wrote:
Gil wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
Gil wrote:

past 3 games vs chelsea

Chelsea 1-3 Arsenal

Chelsea 3-5 Arsenal

U mad brah?

Greatest ever PL CB.

Calm down. Not even better than Ferdinand

Exactly lol, Ferdinand has been consistent throughout his career. Many have already acknowledged him being the superior defender.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 13:37

Chelsea captain John Terry issues apology and decides not to appeal four-game ban

Terry had until 6pm on Thursday to contest the punishment handed out by an independent FA regulatory commission.

But in a statement issued by his representatives Elite Management, Terry revealed he is unhappy with the FA judgment but has decided to serve his suspension.

"After careful consideration, I have decided not to appeal against the FA judgment," he said.

"I want to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone for the language I used in the game against Queens Park Rangers last October.

"Although I'm disappointed with the FA judgment, I accept that the language I used, regardless of the context, is not acceptable on the football field or indeed in any walk of life.

"As I stated in the criminal case, with the benefit of hindsight my language was clearly not an appropriate reaction to the situation for someone in my position.

"My response was below the level expected by Chelsea Football Club, and by me, and it will not happen again.

"Looking forward, I will continue to do my part in assisting the club to remove all types of discriminatory behaviour from football.

"I am extremely grateful for the consistent support of Chelsea FC, the fans and my family."

Terry will miss Saturday's Premier League game with Tottenham as well as the clash with Manchester United on 28th October and the Capital One Cup tie with Sir Alex Ferguson's side three days later.

Chelsea's trip to Swansea on 3rd November will be the final game he misses.

---------------------------------------

Now that Terry has said sorry for inappropriate use of language, is it time for Chelsea to act?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 13:38

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2952134/title/statement-on-john-terry

Chelsea said they are going to investigate the issue too
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 14:12

Chelsea just recently banned a fan for life for abusing Didi Drogba... I guess they're planning something big for Terry. Stripping of the captaincy, maybe?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu 18 Oct 2012 - 14:18

urbaNRoots wrote:Chelsea just recently banned a fan for life for abusing Didi Drogba... I guess they're planning something big for Terry. Stripping of the captaincy, maybe?

you wish! in a few weeks there'll be astatement on the chelsea website which will say something along the lines of"after investigation we believe the FAs punsihment is adequate and this feel no futher action should be taken"

once Terrys ban is over the commentators will talk about how hes probably rusty after missing four games for a few weeks and then the only time you'll hear about this is before ever game where JT plays against Anton/Rio Ferdinand or if the press wants to paint a bad picture of JT
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 7:41

Did we win against Arsenal with Terry in the team? scratch
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 15:16

I don't think Terry was racist towards Ferdinand.

I think he responded after Ferdinand said something.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 15:21

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Terry was racist towards Ferdinand.

I think he responded after Ferdinand said something.

Terry banned for 4 games - Page 3 Jt1
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 15:24

Chelsea have refused to confirm whether John Terry will remain captain

"You will have to wait and see," said Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo when repeatedly asked about the captaincy.

The Italian did confirm that Terry has been told of the decision.

But on several occasions he reiterated the London club's stance of not "discussing publicly the disciplinary action we take against our players".

Di Matteo added: "I understand not everyone will agree. That's not for us to discuss. Other people will have to respect our policy too. We are taking action against our player and we feel it is appropriate action we have taken against him.

"We appreciate he has not appealed the ban and fine and also that he has apologised publicly for the language he used and we are supportive of that.

"He's apologised generally to everyone, including the Ferdinand family.

"He accepts that on that day he fell below his and the club's standards and for that he has received [a Football Association] ban and fine and is being punished by Chelsea for what he said."

"We strongly support the Kick It Out campaign and all our players are supportive of it and work hard to fight any discrimination," he stated. "All the players will wear shirts."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20005819
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Fri 19 Oct 2012 - 15:32

RedOranje wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

Suarez's story was consistent throughout, actually. It was Comolli and Evra that changed their stories.

r u srs Suarez changed his story like 6 times
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next