danyjr
sportsczy
The Messiah
Clockwork Orange
Ganso
45 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barca are not winning CL this season - Page 4 Empty Re: Barca are not winning CL this season

Post by gondov Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:22 pm

^ and who says we won't be lucky again and win the CL :coffee:

We were lucky in the Sevilla comeback, but I'll take those lucky 3 pints all day. Very Happy

We were very unlucky with injuries for that games so I guess we needed some luck.

Last edited by gondov on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barca are not winning CL this season - Page 4 Empty Re: Barca are not winning CL this season

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 pm

We're talking best team coming into this season... not a 4-year expose lol. That's a completely separate discussion. When someone says "Barca is the best team in the world today", I'm thinking that the mickey mouse CDR trophy doesn't really support much. Lost La Liga, CL and Supercup. Madrid and Chelsea have the best cases for this since they've both beaten Barca head-to-head since April and have major trophies. City is a CL flop no doubt; but their groups have not been easy. Dortmund and Juve have been more successful than Barca this year as well.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:33 pm

I just wonder those who think Barcelona are not the best team in the world, would you rather face Barcelona in Champions League knock-out stage than another team?

PS: I don't think Barcelona are the best team in the world right now.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:We're talking best team coming into this season... not a 4-year expose lol. That's a completely separate discussion. When someone says "Barca is the best team in the world today", I'm thinking that the mickey mouse CDR trophy doesn't really support much. Lost La Liga, CL and Supercup. Madrid and Chelsea have the best cases for this since they've both beaten Barca head-to-head since April and have major trophies. City is a CL flop no doubt; but their groups have not been easy. Dortmund and Juve have been more successful than Barca this year as well.

Its not just us fan boys who only say it. Pundits ,coaches and players still claim Barca are still the team to beat. Watch the pre or post CL and laliga matches, you hear them say it Sky sports pundits for example.

Obviously nothing is absolute, I'm just saying many people still say Barca are the best team, more than they say city, chelsea, real, bayern , juve are.

Maybe its the way they have lost their CL and laliga or how they still dominate teams. I dont know, but many people see them as the best first 11-team.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Most pundits that i hear don't have Barca up there on their own. They mention Real Madrid and Barca as the top. Of course, you listen to peeps in England, they throw in City and Chelsea. In Germany, Bayern fans are delusional as always. Serie A, Juve is mentioned.

There are definitely several teams in the discussions and rightly so.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:Most pundits that i hear don't have Barca up there on their own. They mention Real Madrid and Barca as the top. Of course, you listen to peeps in England, they throw in City and Chelsea. In Germany, Bayern fans are delusional as always. Serie A, Juve is mentioned.

Few if any claim City or Chelsea are the best team in the world. Certainly not chelsea, I hear the word lucky get thrown around often.

And bookies seem to put Barca as much more likely to win stuff too. Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm

gondov wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Most pundits that i hear don't have Barca up there on their own. They mention Real Madrid and Barca as the top. Of course, you listen to peeps in England, they throw in City and Chelsea. In Germany, Bayern fans are delusional as always. Serie A, Juve is mentioned.

Few if any claim City or Chelsea are the best team in the world. Certainly not chelsea, I hear the word lucky get thrown around often.

Sorry, but Chelsea won CL and nobody on Sky Sports at least diminishes that. They definitely have an argument, especially give how they're playing this year. The only thing people drool about is Messi, not Barca.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:
gondov wrote:

Sorry, but Chelsea won CL and nobody on Sky Sports at least diminishes that. They definitely have an argument, especially give how they're playing this year. The only thing people drool about is Messi, not Barca.

Many still drool over iniesta, fabregas and xavi, especially after their EURO exploits.

I never said they diminish their win. They give chelsea credit for their efforts but say there were fortunate and even say "it was written in the stars" and stuff like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2203829/Chelsea-luckiest-team-history-win-Champions-League-says-Graeme-Souness.html

To claim chelsea had or has a better starting 11 than barca is just delusional. Drodgba is also gone and we all know about him.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:37 pm

gondov wrote:
To claim chelsea had or has a better starting 11 than barca is just delusional. Drodgba is also gone and we all know about him.

I don't think anybody has done that, or will ever do it in the near future lol

Also Souness was taking the league position into account when he said that, and when you look at it, its true they were rebelling on AVB and had internal problems nobody would have thought they would pull it out and they did

gratz to them

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Chelsea are miles better than they was last season, if anyone ignores them as genuine threats than they are quite frankly idiots.

Easily the most dangerous team in England as far as CL goes.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:48 pm

I just can't wait for Bayern to play Barca, as if beating 3 Spanish teams Madrid, Valencia and Villarreal in 1 year is not enough, we definitely need to add Barca to that list so these deluded fans keep keep quite.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Chelsea are miles better than they was last season, if anyone ignores them as genuine threats than they are quite frankly idiots.

Easily the most dangerous team in England as far as CL goes.

Of course, they are a genuine threat. The discussion was about claiming them to be the best in the world.

Now, to stay on-topic; if anyone ignores Barca as a genuine threat to the CL crown then they are quite frankly idiots. Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:59 pm

It's far too early to start talking about CL champions... we're not even at quarterfinals yet, FFS.

Now, teams that do have a good chance of doing just that you could name several: Madrid, Barca, Juve, Chelsea, Bayern... ManU.

Barcelona are still very dangerous, and there is still the winter transfer window pending which could see them strengthen even more. Same goes for the other teams.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
gondov wrote:Barca will do their talking on the field. They have done it before and will do it again. Ya'll can give yourselves as many best in the world-titles as you want.

Fact is Barca have won 2 of the last 4 CLs and 3 of the last 4 laligas. They arguably have 3 of the 5 best players in the world.

Until your teams has had such a legacy or better, many people will still see Barca as the pinnacle of world club football.

Even with our shitty defence, we are still undefeated this season in Laliga and CL ; 2-2 draw with Madrid being our only glitch.

Once Pique, Alves, Puyol, Abidal are back, lets see if you still wish your team gets Barca in the draw for the CL knockout stages pirat

Barca are no longer scary and have lost their aura. The fact that you depend on Abidal who hand a major cancer tells your condition while we have RObben & GOmez out & we dont care if RIbery or Schweni goes out tomorrow.

I think given how good Bayern's mid-field is(better than Barca because of Superior Wingers+WingBacks who give width & variety RIght Footed + Left & Left Footed + Right), we'll win.

There is no way an Abidal, Puyol at their current stage or freaking Alba,Adriano, Alves can defensively cope up with this Wing Play

You had this wing play the last 2 years and Dortmond wiped the floor with your team over and over again and you guys keep bragging about beating Madrid but still forget you have won no big trophies with these players in the last two years and you beat them in a penalty shootout FFS. The way you guys describe it you would think you won by 5 goals or something.

Speaking of 5 goals, Messi put 5 past one of your leagues pathetic teams in the CL last year.

I'm sorry but you Bayern fans need to face facts, your league is a mickey mouse competition, whenever we draw a team from Germany in the CL we freaking destroy them.

Madrid or Barca, would walk your league, something you have not been able to do in 2 years and Dortmond while being fun to watch has been bitching you over the last two years and they are a nobody in the Champions League, and an after thought when you think of the elite teams in Europe.

Some of you sit here and say what Barca have won, well what in the hell have you won in the last two years with this great collection of players? We have won more trophies in the last two years then we can count.

Win first talk later, that's how it works. Dominate Europe for at least one season before you come on here with all this nonsense.

If Barca doesn't pull off the triple every year people think were slipping, our expectations are higher then any other team I've ever seen so if you want to compare teams then win something of note then we will talk.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:07 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
gondov wrote:Barca will do their talking on the field. They have done it before and will do it again. Ya'll can give yourselves as many best in the world-titles as you want.

Fact is Barca have won 2 of the last 4 CLs and 3 of the last 4 laligas. They arguably have 3 of the 5 best players in the world.

Until your teams has had such a legacy or better, many people will still see Barca as the pinnacle of world club football.

Even with our shitty defence, we are still undefeated this season in Laliga and CL ; 2-2 draw with Madrid being our only glitch.

Once Pique, Alves, Puyol, Abidal are back, lets see if you still wish your team gets Barca in the draw for the CL knockout stages pirat

Barca are no longer scary and have lost their aura. The fact that you depend on Abidal who hand a major cancer tells your condition while we have RObben & GOmez out & we dont care if RIbery or Schweni goes out tomorrow.

I think given how good Bayern's mid-field is(better than Barca because of Superior Wingers+WingBacks who give width & variety RIght Footed + Left & Left Footed + Right), we'll win.

There is no way an Abidal, Puyol at their current stage or freaking Alba,Adriano, Alves can defensively cope up with this Wing Play

You had this wing play the last 2 years and Dortmond wiped the floor with your team over and over again and you guys keep bragging about beating Madrid but still forget you have won no big trophies with these players in the last two years and you beat them in a penalty shootout FFS. The way you guys describe it you would think you won by 5 goals or something.

Speaking of 5 goals, Messi put 5 past one of your leagues pathetic teams in the CL last year.

I'm sorry but you Bayern fans need to face facts, your league is a mickey mouse competition, whenever we draw a team from Germany in the CL we freaking destroy them.

Madrid or Barca, would walk your league, something you have not been able to do in 2 years and Dortmond while being fun to watch has been bitching you over the last two years and they are a nobody in the Champions League, and an after thought when you think of the elite teams in Europe.

Some of you sit here and say what Barca have won, well what in the hell have you won in the last two years with this great collection of players? We have won more trophies in the last two years then we can count.

Win first talk later, that's how it works. Dominate Europe for at least one season before you come on here with all this nonsense.

If Barca doesn't pull off the triple every year people think were slipping, our expectations are higher then any other team I've ever seen so if you want to compare teams then win something of note then we will talk.

Dortmund vs Madrid is less than a week from now, although Dortmund are facing injury from but still I will say don't mess with bull young man you will get the Horn.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Oh and one more thing. This disrespect of Puyol, Pique and Abidal must stop. I don't know where any of you get off saying anything negative about a Puyol/Pique partnership and some of you even act as if Alves isn't one of the best in his position.

Do you know what these players have won for club and country? Piques is not old and Puyol when healthy is still a monster.

So really this disrespect to some of the best defenders in Europe is really uncalled for. At the moment there injured, it happens they will be back.

But some of you act like they are waiting on shit defenders to come back and solidify our back line when they are healthy they form one of the best CB partnerships in the world not to mention Alves and Messi for one of the best partnerships in the world as well.

And they have won more trophies then they can count club or country.

Anyone remember the thread just last year of BArca's record when Puyol play's?

These 15 year olds on here annoy me to no end.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm

although dortmund are facing injury?

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Ninis wrote:although dortmund are facing injury?

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

I know, this whole thread is about Barca's injuries.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
1 You had this wing play the last 2 years and Dortmond wiped the floor with your team over and over again and you guys keep bragging about beating Madrid but still forget you have won no big trophies with these players in the last two years and you beat them in a penalty shootout FFS. The way you guys describe it you would think you won by 5 goals or something.

2 Speaking of 5 goals, Messi put 5 past one of your leagues pathetic teams in the CL last year.

1 debatble
2 pathetic are you *bleep* delusional leverkusen on their day can whoop anybodys ass yes that includes the all mighty bandwagon and thoose 5 goals mean *bleep* all tbh
3 id rather watch a mickey mouse leauge than a monoply still shits on that monoply

madrid and barca would do *bleep* all in our prestigious tourney moreover
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I don't know who's more delusional, the people saying the Bundesliga is a Mickey Mouse league or the guys saying Barca/Madrid wouldn't have a chance of winning it.

Underrating Dortmund is a big no no.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 pm

la bestia negra wrote:
leverkusen on their day can whoop anybodys ass yes that includes the all mighty bandwagon and thoose 5 goals mean *bleep* all tbh
rofl

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Pretty tough words about a team that won nothing. Bayern has potential to win a treble, but win something and then brag. You basically had a draw with Madrid, and did not destroy them as you appear to perceive the game. Pathetic!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm

eelir wrote:Pretty tough words about a team that won nothing. Bayern has potential to win a treble, but win something and then brag. You basically had a draw with Madrid, and did not destroy them as you appear to perceive the game. Pathetic!

When did you start watching football,? I need to know honestly. Do you think match is all about score-line? If that's what you think then I leave you to enjoy your moment until you face real challenge.

Leverkusen on their day can beat any team, any team on their day can beat any other team, like Bate Bayern, Leverkusen Chelse, Lavente Barca.

Anyway I can't wait to meet Barca, I am tired of seeing Barca fans being so arrogant, lets not Forget Madrid fans were this Arrogant until they were dominated. If it wasn't for Gomez and Robben missing Chances Madrid would have been humiliated.

Any honest Person that watched that match we tell that Bayern were at least 30percent Better than Madrid in both Legs, score line wasn't fair on us.

There is no point competing an inferior Madrid with a much Superior Bayern. A weaker Bayern side that was losing matches to Leverkusen, Dortmund could beat the Madrid side that was far much better last season, what do you think will happen to them now with 70million extremely effective purchase, look at Mandzukic I don't see him missing chances
Like Gomez did.

I can't wait until we meet Barca, I just want us to beat Barca the grandmaster chump of La liga, we have already beaten their now fading away Champions. I pray we finish 2nd in our Group, then meet Madrid early in round 16 that way we can send them homes quickly and put them back to where they belong before Mourinho and I also hope to meet Barca in Semi or Final.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 pm

"madrid fans were this arrogant before they got dominated by bayern"

you are by far the most arrogant poster on this forum, so what scale of arrogance are you using? the one that applies to you? if not than you couldnt be more wrong

bayern won on penalties. what world do you live in where madrid were "dominated?"

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Barca fans being arrogant? :facepalm:
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:25 pm

I wonder why all of a sudden , u now want to meet Barca.

I think you're fantasizing about your team meeting barca in the CL with;

montoya-song-adriano-alba at the back, 1 man down and without xavi!!

Its not gonna happen dude, unless some voodoo stuff happens.

[alves-pique-puyol-adriano] with abidal, alba, cesc, villa,song,mascherano, tello, thiago on the bench.

A midfield of [iniesta-busquets-xavi]

Wing play from [Pedro and Sanchez]

And the "real" MESSIAH as false 9, I say bring it on pirat

Last edited by gondov on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next