Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

+29
Luca
Rev
CBarca
Le Samourai
Be/\/ceCALI
McLewis
Blue
Muzza
Onyx
Zealous
Abramovich
Red Alert
kiranr
donttreadonred
Kamikaze692
stevieg8
Highburied
Die Borussen
Swanhends
FennecFox7
baresi
DeviAngel
Dante
McAgger
Art Morte
RedOranje
The Franchise
Gil
Clockwork Orange
33 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? Empty Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:51 pm

We have been hearing the word off form used for almost 3 years now, surely it is time for people to accept that he is just a bad striker. My friend is arguing that he will find his form. I don't think Chelsea pasid £50 million for a lottery.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? Empty Re: Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

Post by Gil Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Original thread. Bravo.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? Empty Re: Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:54 pm

No, he isnt even close to one of the worse.

He isnt even one of the worst in the PL.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:55 pm

Whew....

Was worried that with Sepi gone we would be without a King Patellar... good to see someone's already stepping up though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm

RedOranje wrote:Whew....

Was worried that with Sepi gone we would be without a King Patellar... good to see someone's already stepping up though.

I just wonder whether he'll be lurking this thread with pride or pity :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

Laughing I don't know weather to laugh or cry at this thread.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 pm

I think one of the worst around Europe is a poor choice of words . You could say though , after 3 years , one of the most over rated strikers around Europe .

Having said that , not sure if i agree , but it makes more sense.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Sorry to be a bother RedOrange, but who is Sepi? Apologies if this is deemed a stupid question by you but I am still not versed with the memebers here. The only members I am familiar with are the best poster theGreat Leader, Gil, Arquitecto, jibers, The Messiah (unfortunately) and The great Messiahaggerswagger. Sorry if I have left anyone out.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm not against all the hate Torres is getting, but surely this myth of him being absolutely worthless needs to stop. He's past his best, everyone can agree with that but to say he's the worst in Europe is a tad too far. Heck he is still a decent ST but not for a top club I'm afraid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:18 am

He is far from worse striker. I think that if he goes back to Atl. Madrid he will find himself again. I sometimes think its the tactics that doesn't suit him. HE has the tech,dribbles but he lost the speed he had and the confidence I would welcome him in Juve with open arms tbh
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 am

DeviAngel wrote:He is far from worse striker. I think that if he goes back to Atl. Madrid he will find himself again. I sometimes think its the tactics that doesn't suit him. HE has the tech,dribbles but he lost the speed he had and the confidence I would welcome him in Juve with open arms tbh
And I would be happy if he joins Milan as well.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:25 am

Torres is average. He has never been good. All he had is explosiveness and never varied his game, just like kaka.
Gerrard was feeding him all day and people somehow were acting like he was the best striker in the world. His first touch is awful, he has average awareness, can't finish for his life, and is now not as fast as he used to be.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 am

So when is clockwork orange going to come out and admit that he is Jibers? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:52 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Torres is average. He has never been good. All he had is explosiveness and never varied his game, just like kaka.
Gerrard was feeding him all day and people somehow were acting like he was the best striker in the world. His first touch is awful, he has average awareness, can't finish for his life, and is now not as fast as he used to be.

We're all aware that Torres is/was no Henry but to say he had average awareness and an awful first touch is just as much an overstatement as those saying he was the best in the world (if not moreso).

Even as a one-off, players with average awareness and poor control cannot do things like this:

Certainly his pace was his main attacking asset and yes, on a number of occasions he used it to make up for poor control, but by and large Torres (at LFC) displayed good ball control and very good awareness, particularly in reading the defensive line of opponents. As previously stated, Torres never had the silky touch of Bergkamp or Ibrahimavic but that doesn't mean he was Heskey on the ball either. This black and white, great or shit mentality annoys me to no end. Just because some overrated him does not mean that you have to balance them out by then swinging so far in the opposite direction.

Torres was a lethal (and extremely clinical in his prime) striker who used his pace to great effect in conjunction with a good touch and intelligent reading of defenses. In those seasons with Liverpool he was certainly in with a shout for best striker around just as much as Falcao is now. But of course he cannot have been great then and be struggling now, he must either be great or shit, there is no middle ground. Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:59 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'm not against all the hate Torres is getting, but surely this myth of him being absolutely worthless needs to stop. He's past his best, everyone can agree with that but to say he's the worst in Europe is a tad too far. Heck he is still a decent ST but not for a top club I'm afraid.

i admit I was rash in creating a thread title insinuating that Torres is the worst striker in Europe. That was an over exaggeration caused by my friend trying to convince me that the 'old' Torres is still within him. Maybe a thread title change to smothing like is Fernando Torres no longer s top striker would be more appropriate. What do you people think. I am sure that most people's respnse would be a simple no.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 am

i can only read that title with the word 'best' instead of 'worst'

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:30 am

Torres has still some class.

I'd take him for 2.7m...in dollars.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:

Sorry to be a bother RedOrange, but who is Sepi? Apologies if this is deemed a stupid question by you but I am still not versed with the memebers here. The only members I am familiar with are the best poster theGreat Leader, Gil, Arquitecto, jibers, The Messiah (unfortunately) and The great Messiahaggerswagger. Sorry if I have left anyone out.

He was a poster here in the Liverpool section who recently deleted his account; he originally had the username Sepi, so that's what he's known as, but was posting under Schweini for the whole time you were here.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:51 am

stevieg8 wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:

He was a poster here in the Liverpool section who recently deleted his account; he originally had the username Sepi, so that's what he's known as, but was posting under Schweini for the whole time you were here.

I can recall that name. He deleted his account Sad
Why? I understand posting here can be stressful due to the WUMings but why did he take such a desperate action?
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Torres is average. He has never been good. All he had is explosiveness and never varied his game, just like kaka.
Spoken like a true 16 year old eco smile 30 goals in debut season in england, most prolific foreign goal scorer in a debut season in England, yet
He has never been good

Thumbs up
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:33 am

He has never been good?...

You're right. He was great.
Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? Fernando-torres-liverpool-football-club

Must be something about the color blue...
Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? 125587059_crop_650x440
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 am

He lost his pace which was his best asset. Nothing more, nothing less.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 am

Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? Tumblr_mdfczvd9Op1qlsrjvo1_400

Blue just doesn't suit him. :X
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Torres has a mental block, unfortunately I don't think he will ever get out of it whilst hes in Chelsea blue, sure he's lost his pace etc but he should still be able to find the back of the net more than he has but his movement etc has been shite.

giggity is one of the worst madrid posters on this forum, so yeah in terms of overrall posting quality its probably bottom 5, my dead grand mother has better football knowledge than him.

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:45 pm

He had that one great season with Liverpool where he was genuinely fantastic. Aside from that season he was always good, just not super-special.

As for worst striker obviously no lol but maybe he's the worst high profile striker.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next