Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

+29
Luca
Rev
CBarca
Le Samourai
Be/\/ceCALI
McLewis
Blue
Muzza
Onyx
Zealous
Abramovich
Red Alert
kiranr
donttreadonred
Kamikaze692
stevieg8
Highburied
Die Borussen
Swanhends
FennecFox7
baresi
DeviAngel
Dante
McAgger
Art Morte
RedOranje
The Franchise
Gil
Clockwork Orange
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
How you about you try refuting or debating my argument instead of talking shit behind your computer?

There's 2798 reasons I can call you a hypocrit from this post. Smile

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Fernando Torres one of the worst strikers in Europe?

Post by Rev Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm

One trick pony, only pace. :facepalm:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Rolling Eyes
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:32 am

Hey guys didnt you know pace makes you a good goal scorer lol, strikers around the world have been missing out!!

#embarrassing
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 am

ynwa wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
How you about you try refuting or debating my argument instead of talking shit behind your computer?

That doesn't make any sense, you assume all of those posts are one liner posts with no meaning which is false.

Yup, torres is only pacey and has a good shot. keep in mind this is the torres that's being fed by gerrard and alonso. Real hard not to score more.

Torres's only real good scoring record was in his breakthrough season at liverpool. Since then his numbers have only gone down by quite a bit. good goal scorer.. yeah.

FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

That doesn't make any sense, you assume all of those posts are one liner posts with no meaning which is false.

Yup, torres is only pacey and has a good shot. keep in mind this is the torres that's being fed by gerrard and alonso. Real hard not to score more.

Torres's only real good scoring record was in his breakthrough season at liverpool. Since then his numbers have only gone down by quite a bit. good goal scorer.. yeah.

I don't know, but you're "talking shit behind your computer". Hence why I found it ironic why you posted that comment.

You keep going about him having one good season and is a one trick pony blah blah but ignore everything when somebody respondes to you.

Fact is Torres had the best goal to game ratio in the PL beating the likes of RvN and Henry...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:But he only does have pace.. Name me one other outstanding quality he had as well. His passing is OK, but his technique is poor. Playing with alonso and gerrard as well is going to get you alot of chances..

Finishing, positioning, anticipation
You don't score a lot of goals by just being fast

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Is composure a "quality"?

You can add that to the list too. As well as determination.

He had Ice-cool finishing if you watch all of his goals for us but some of his goals came from us hoofing it and Torres doing a solo counter. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 pm

ynwa wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

I don't know, but you're "talking shit behind your computer". Hence why I found it ironic why you posted that comment.

You keep going about him having one good season and is a one trick pony blah blah but ignore everything when somebody respondes to you.

Fact is Torres had the best goal to game ratio in the PL beating the likes of RvN and Henry...

\
But most of those goals came from his first season at liverpool, then he steadily declined.. he was maybe above average but he wasn't world class at all. You can agree to disagree of course, I really can't find anything to change my mind.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
\
But most of those goals came from his first season at liverpool, then he steadily declined.. he was maybe above average but he wasn't world class at all. You can agree to disagree of course, I really can't find anything to change my mind.

That's simply not true, though. In fact, it's utter bullshit. He consistently scored goals of high quality and at a high rate during his time at Liverpool, bar his final season with the club. That's 3 separate seasons of top performances and fantastic goals, as well as some top drawer team play and assists (see my previous post in this thread).

Fact is, Torres has shown very good positioning, awareness, and intelligence in his play throughout his career and pace has been far from his only asset, even if it was his best one.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:33 am

RedOranje wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
\

That's simply not true, though. In fact, it's utter bullshit. He consistently scored goals of high quality and at a high rate during his time at Liverpool, bar his final season with the club. That's 3 separate seasons of top performances and fantastic goals, as well as some top drawer team play and assists (see my previous post in this thread).

Fact is, Torres has shown very good positioning, awareness, and intelligence in his play throughout his career and pace has been far from his only asset, even if it was his best one.

You should really ban him from this thread, what a poster of the lowest of lowest quality.

Every time someone responses with a sensible (and correct) argument he ignores it and repeats the same old bullshit, that he doesn't have a clue about.

Horrible poster.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:28 pm

ynwa wrote:
Blue wrote:His pace is gone, but his biggest problem is confidence and a weak mentality. He just doesn’t have the strong mentality to play for Chelsea and play through intense adversity.

I find it ironic how he gets "all the support" from Chelsea supporters but is only supported by Gil on here. Every other poster analyses everything he does wrong and is delighted when he gets a red card or is injured as he doesn't play. I'm not even going to discuss the majority of fans that go to SB as he's been booed more than twice since joining Chelsea. Great support that.

To the part quoted, are you taking the piss? He doesn't have the strong mentality to play for someone like Chelsea? That's cute lol.

Find me an article or a report where he was booed. This is really a case of you talking out of your ass. It is widely known that Torres has gotten immense support at SB and always been greeted better then most Chelsea players. I think you will find enough quotes by Torres, to support this claim. A legend like Drogba has never had the same constant support, it is really embarrassing. :facepalm:

forum does not equal support. During the game where it counts and which really matters. Forums is really a place to critique players and vent frustration, it really doesn't matter people say on these forums.

There is not really many Chelsea supporters here at Goal Legacy, i really don't know who hasn't supported him until recently. I believed in him until sometime during the season, but it gotten to the point where he is utter rubbish absolutely becoming a nightmare.

Chelsea fan delighted he got a red card? Yeah that make sense we went to lose. :facepalm:

Delighted he is injured? The guy has never been injured at Chelsea, which is truly remarkable.

Delighted he is not playing? He has played every game except one, we really haven't had the opportunity. I seriously don't think there is a striker in Europe who has played more minutes in all competition. This one of the reason why Chelsea fans mood has taken to another level regarding Torres, it is truly a nightmare seeing him fail again and again. It doesn't matter how shit he is, he starts the next game no matter what. It truly is like playing with 10 men against 12 because him being on the pitch is a surplus to the opposition.

You cant cite lack of support as the reason for his failure, its quite idiotic. We have given him every opportunity, we cleared Drogba shadow + no incoming striker to compete with him. A manager who has given him enormous support, and publicly praise him on multiple occasions. Brought in Juan Mata who has as great as final ball and up there with anyone in the world, if Torres showed any movement in the box he would get Clear cut opportunists. We also have creative players like Hazard and Oscar, still nothing from that buffoon.

Torres has been cuddled more then any Chelsea player, really the only thing to blame is Torres weak mentality.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 am

I really don't wanna go out looking for a report... I've heard him get booed against City by his own 'supporters' and I'm certain I've heard him booed against someone else although I can't really remember the game.

I really want to hear these quotes. Share them please.

Yes, a forum does not equal support but it does show your true colours. Obviously if you have doubts of him performing you're not going to support him as much as you should. I find the
it really doesn't matter people say on these forums.
crap. Why else would everyone be here if you're just going to talk shit?

He's becoming "rubbish" because has no motivation. He has no motivation because he has no one to play for. Compare the "support" he gets from Chelsea fans and the support he received from Atletico Madrid fans and Liverpool fans and you'll see a massive difference.

This weak mentality shit you go on about is 100% false. He was a major factor to Spain's recent success (he influenced the Euro's and scored in the final to win it) which gave Spain to confidence to go on and succede in the World Cup and again in the 2012 Euros. He was the man leading the line for Liverpool for 4 seasons which is and will always be a bigger club than Chelsea... but yeah, he's mentally weak...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:54 am

I'm probably his biggest fan (Gil doesn't count) on this board...but he is mentally weak.

He's shown so many glimpses of excellent pace recently, I refuse to believe it's that. The biggest fluctuation is they way he approaches the game. He was one of those off the ball running type players that need to really want to score more than anyone else to be successful.

Now he understands the game a bit better, has slightly better link up and can actually float wide effectively but he really doesn't try to get on the end of stuff with the same vivacity.

On the whole I think he could be useful as an inside forward. Given space and time he's a good finisher, he can contribute on the wing with crossing and movement, and once the attacking midfielders compress the defenses he'll be in a better position to succeed.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 pm

He's got no motivation or simply doesn't want to be at Chelsea anymore. He's been nothing but a scapegoat for them. That has nothing to do with not being mentally weak.

What do you mean by excellent pace? That's the first time I've heard that. :\

In what way is he a "I'd like to score more than anyone else" type? He's always cared for the team he's played for. The only time I've seen he's only "played for himself" is when he came out and said he didn't care if Chelsea had won and players around him did the same thing.

He'd be wasted as an inside forward mate. Can't see it working for him there.

If rumours are correct, and Roman is trying to lure Rafa at SB, I'm certain he'll start performing again. For the mean time, I see nothing to suggest that he'll fight for the team.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Leaving Liverpool was hard for him. So what do Chelsea fans do? Steal the Liverpool song and steal the Torres banner [which had the Shankly gates ffs]. Great work, that. Hahahaha.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 pm

I think it's time Chelsea sold him. They can't keep waiting around for him to find his form.

Don't watch Chelsea every game, so I don't know whether he misses easy chances or does he not get shooting opportunities?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:22 pm

He stands there now and does *bleep* all, his work rate makes Berbatovs look like Park Ji sungs.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:52 pm

No scapegoat today brah. rofl

Desperate attempt.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Abramovich wrote:He stands there now and does *bleep* all, his work rate makes Berbatovs look like Park Ji sungs.

Laughing

Torres is a shite player. Approaching 3 years of being appauling. Not a top striker, just an average player.

Dat 50 mill :bow:

Chelsea turned down Falcao at the start of the season for this hack :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

I really hope Torres gets his act sorted out quick. That way, maybe, just maybe, Falcao could stay in Madrid and not be sold to Chelski.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 am

Seen 5 managers sacked in 2.5 years now rofl
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 am

Upside to Benitez at Chelsea is we could see a better Torres. Not the best Torres, but an undeniably better one than we have seen so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 am

This ain't Torres FC ffs
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 am

It doesn't make any sense to me why Roman is so quick to sack managers, yet gives torres all the time in the world to come around. I don't get it
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:04 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:It doesn't make any sense to me why Roman is so quick to sack managers, yet gives torres all the time in the world to come around. I don't get it

50 million pound investment for him holds much more weight than Managers' compensation fee hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:24 am

Surag wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:It doesn't make any sense to me why Roman is so quick to sack managers, yet gives torres all the time in the world to come around. I don't get it

50 million pound investment for him holds much more weight than Managers' compensation fee hmm
I know, but he could still have sold him or tried to swap him to cut costs or reduce the loss or something. Plus with the way he sacks managers it doesn't seem like money is something he really cares about.

I dunno maybe its just me but it just seems kind of backwards to be so forgiving to your players but literally give no absolutely zero sympathy to your managers
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3