la bestia negra
•MilanDevil•
McAgger
barca 2011
42 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Breakout star (so far) this season

Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap65%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 32 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 9 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 49

Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Breakout player of the season

Post by Kick Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Oscar because he plays sexy balls I am bias.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Nobody mentioned Marco Veratti here.(Technically his breakout was last year but that was in Serie B though) in a short space of time he's become one of the best players at PSG already.

Lamela too..Atleast he deserves to be in the poll ahead of a no.of names that is mentioned in the poll.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:18 pm

This thread is missing Camacho, Lamela, Sterling, Pogba and too an extent Isco.

Verrati is also missing but then again his breakout is counted with Pescara last year. For PSG, anyone who has seen him will know what an incredible talent he is.

Benat doesn't count as he has been under the radar for years while Bartra should not even be there.

Undoubtedly it has to go to El Shaaraway for obvious reasons.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Many, but on top of my mind comes SES

Carjaval Crying or Very sad what a player

Last edited by Kizu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Sterling
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

rwo power wrote:Someone should free Breno from prison, then he would be the top breakout player of the season Razz

Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Tumblr10

Although a bit biased it has to be Jenkinson for me because I rarely watch other teams play. Razz

It's no coincidence that we had the best defensive record while he was playing and didn't even notice or mention Sagna's absence.

Shutting down the likes of Hazard,Aguero is no small feat considering he was playing Blue Square football 2 years ago.

I won't comment on other teams' players but what little I've seen from him, El Shaarawy looks like a future world beater. Thumbs up

Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:07 pm

SES, he has been head and shoulders above (lets be honest) a rather mediocre Milan side, and all this at the age of 20 years old. He's stepped up for sure, very impressive.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 pm

No Sterling? :facepalm: 17 years old and doesn't look out of place in the PL.

My pick is Sterling.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 pm

RED wrote:No Sterling? :facepalm: 17 years old and doesn't look out of place in the PL.

My pick is Sterling.

Yes he deserves a mention but the winner is SES IMO

even balotelli , pato, couldn't do what he is doing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

SES
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm

1) Jackson Martinez
2) Lamela
3) SES

Sterling lol. Merely holding your own in the PL isn't my definition of having a break-out season...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nandrolona Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:43 am

Leon Goretzka is going to break out very soon. He's going to be like Ballack but with more pace and technique. I hope Bayern buys him and then loans him out.
nandrolona
nandrolona
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 am

Who is this SES that you speak of? scratch
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:21 am

Soul wrote:Who is this SES that you speak of? scratch

Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Shawarma1
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:32 am

•MilanDevil• wrote:
Soul wrote:Who is this SES that you speak of? scratch

Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Shawarma1

Breakout player of the season - Page 2 Ses
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 am

rwo power wrote:Someone should free Breno from prison, then he would be the top breakout player of the season Razz

It's a real shame, I got a chance to play against him here in Brasil we were 16/17 years old.
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:1) Jackson Martinez
2) Lamela
3) SES

Sterling lol. Merely holding your own in the PL isn't my definition of having a break-out season...

So a 17 year old breaking into a Premier League and Europa League side, looking at home in those competitions, and earning an international call-up and first cap all within the first half of the season doesn't count as having a break out season? Or is it simply that it's an English player in the Premier League?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 am

SES, no explanation needed. Oscar has been doing really good, more than I expected TBH.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:27 am

RedOranje wrote:So a 17 year old breaking into a Premier League and Europa League side, looking at home in those competitions, and earning an international call-up and first cap all within the first half of the season doesn't count as having a break out season? Or is it simply that it's an English player in the Premier League?
Break-out season is not the season when you first look home on the league, it's the season when you announce yourself to the world as a very good player that gets very good results and performances. At least that's the way I understand it, which might no the same way other people do. "Looking home" and "holding your own" are not sufficiently strong in my opinion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 am

I've always understood a break out season to be a season where a player, generally young (but not always) shows they may have a special something about them, though they don't always lives up to that. IMO a player at the age of 17 making his debut in the Premier League, Europe League, and getting a first cap for his national team all without looking out of his depth gives that indication... did I mention he's only 17 and doing this?

I doesn't mean he's going to be a world beater necessarily, but then neither does El Shaarawy's current goal scoring form. Both could just as easily fail to develop past this or continue to keep this form. But Surely Raheem Sterling's performances as a 17 yo deserve mention with some of the other names being bandied about in this thread.

17 years old
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 am

It's Sterling. LOL. SES has been around and IMO is just forfulling his potential.

Sterling is breaking out as no one knew of him before and now he is very well know. It's when you first rise to fame and get attention which is what Sterling is Doing, SES has been doing that for a few seasons now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:46 am

What do you mean about SES' goalscoring form? He's Serie A's top scorer and carrying Milan on is back (not necessarily well given their lowly league position, but he is their goalscoring outflow).

Anyways, let me try to make my point about how I understand breakout season a bit more clear. Thiago Alcantara played a decent amount of minutes for Barca last season and generally looked very composed on a midfield where it would be easy to look out of place (case in point: Cesc), granted at a more advanced age than Sterling but all the same attributes could be said about him. But I still wouldn't consider that his break-out season, the season he would "break out" will be the one where he announces himself as a star to the world with a consistent display of high-performing matches. We hoped it would be this one but injuries got on the way. Also, while debuting at a young age is impressive, you can have a break-out season at 29 for all I'm concerned with.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What do you mean about SES' goalscoring form? He's Serie A's top scorer and carrying Milan on is back (not necessarily well given their lowly league position, but he is their goalscoring outflow).

Anyways, let me try to make my point about how I understand breakout season a bit more clear. Thiago Alcantara played a decent amount of minutes for Barca last season and generally looked very composed on a midfield where it would be easy to look out of place (case in point: Cesc), granted at a more advanced age than Sterling but all the same attributes could be said about him. But I still wouldn't consider that his break-out season, the season he would "break out" will be the one where he announces himself as a star to the world with a consistent display of high-performing matches. We hoped it would be this one but injuries got on the way. Also, while debuting at a young age is impressive, you can have a break-out season at 29 for all I'm concerned with.
I agree more with that definition of a "break-out" season: It's not the first season that we hear about a player or even the first good season they have but one in which they drastically improve over their last season. Sterling's break out season is no doubt on the way but I havent seen enough of him this season to say whether its this one. So at 17 Im sure he'll just improve with time although the season is not over. He can totally boss in the 2nd part of the season.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:10 am

I would say "let me clarify" but I think I already made my personal definition of the term fairly clear. For me a break-out season is the season where a player first shows they have what it takes to play at the top level and make an impression. In that sense last season WAS Thiago's real break-out season and El Shaarawy most likely already had his. And I do believe that age plays a role in this, as a younger player making the step up tends to be more impressive and a bigger indication of potential ceiling than a late bloomer... again, that's not true in EVERY case but it works as a quick reference.

And what to I mean by El Shaarawy potentially losing form or not developing beyond this? Really? That's about as straight forward a statement as there ever was. Any player could stall out in their development. I wasn't suggesting he WILL and nothing I said hinted at that, I was simply qualifying my statements on what a break-out season was.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 am

And there I ended up reiterating my point anyway, despite saying I'd already done so.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 am

RedOranje wrote:I would say "let me clarify" but I think I already made my personal definition of the term fairly clear. For me a break-out season is the season where a player first shows they have what it takes to play at the top level and make an impression. In that sense last season WAS Thiago's real break-out season and El Shaarawy most likely already had his. And I do believe that age plays a role in this, as a younger player making the step up tends to be more impressive and a bigger indication of potential ceiling than a late bloomer... again, that's not true in EVERY case but it works as a quick reference.

And what to I mean by El Shaarawy potentially losing form or not developing beyond this? Really? That's about as straight forward a statement as there ever was. Any player could stall out in their development. I wasn't suggesting he WILL and nothing I said hinted at that, I was simply qualifying my statements on what a break-out season was.

Well then our respective definitions of what we think when we think of a "break-out" season, already a subjective term in itself, are a tad bit different then.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next