la bestia negra
•MilanDevil•
McAgger
barca 2011
42 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Breakout star (so far) this season

Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap65%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 65% 
[ 32 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 4 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 9 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 49

Breakout player of the season - Page 3 Empty Re: Breakout player of the season

Post by barca 2011 Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 am

RedOranje wrote:I would say "let me clarify" but I think I already made my personal definition of the term fairly clear. For me a break-out season is the season where a player first shows they have what it takes to play at the top level and make an impression. In that sense last season WAS Thiago's real break-out season and El Shaarawy most likely already had his. And I do believe that age plays a role in this, as a younger player making the step up tends to be more impressive and a bigger indication of potential ceiling than a late bloomer... again, that's not true in EVERY case but it works as a quick reference.

And what to I mean by El Shaarawy potentially losing form or not developing beyond this? Really? That's about as straight forward a statement as there ever was. Any player could stall out in their development. I wasn't suggesting he WILL and nothing I said hinted at that, I was simply qualifying my statements on what a break-out season was.

Well then our respective definitions of what we think when we think of a "break-out" season, already a subjective term in itself, are a tad bit different then.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:34 am

RedOranje wrote:I would say "let me clarify" but I think I already made my personal definition of the term fairly clear. For me a break-out season is the season where a player first shows they have what it takes to play at the top level and make an impression. In that sense last season WAS Thiago's real break-out season and El Shaarawy most likely already had his. And I do believe that age plays a role in this, as a younger player making the step up tends to be more impressive and a bigger indication of potential ceiling than a late bloomer... again, that's not true in EVERY case but it works as a quick reference.

And what to I mean by El Shaarawy potentially losing form or not developing beyond this? Really? That's about as straight forward a statement as there ever was. Any player could stall out in their development. I wasn't suggesting he WILL and nothing I said hinted at that, I was simply qualifying my statements on what a break-out season was.

Ok, let's start at "top level". Serie A = top level, whilst Serie B = not top level. You agree?

Considering this is El Shaarawy's first season in Serie A, by your very own definition this is his breakout season.

:coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 am

well raheem sterling has impressed in his debut season and thats fine...

but el sharaawy is carrying the whole milan right now... without his goal and performance actually we will be near relegation zone!

even if sterling was in the list to vote, i would still vote el sharaawy.. its the first time i have been biased but i have made my point...

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 am

Suspect

This is El Shaarawy's second season in Serie A, Forza, it's merely his first in which he has established himself as a starter. Personally I would consider both El Shaarawy and Sterling to be having breakout seasons. I don't think that BC's definition of a breakout season necessarily excludes Sterling, it depends on how impressive one considers his performances this season. I personally feel that he's done very well, however players such as El Shaarawy and Lamela have been considerably more decisive. All RedOranje was suggesting however is that Sterling's name should be under consideration, particularly given others who have been named, which I think is entirely reasonable. I too would have him amongst the honourable mentions of the season, though as I noted before, given the importance of those other players to their respective teams, he wouldn't be my first choice for such an award.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:33 am

Verratti is the best. Though Gibbs, Lamela, Insigne, and Pogba should also be on this list.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 am

Oscar? ROFL. What utter BS. For me it is Sterling
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 am

Im between the EL sharaawy and Michu.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 am

Tobias Sana or Narsingh. PSV are doing really well Sad
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:33 am

Oscar lol did Gil make 9 accounts and vote 9 times Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

How can Oscar be breakout player of the season when he had a huge pricetag in front of him. It was obv. people were expecting him to perform.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 am

"Pizzasteak who?" - Daniel Carvajal
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor