Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A!

+12
Tomwin Lannister
B-Mac
Forza
DonPippo
Patrick Bateman
zizzle
Donuts
MOJC
•MilanDevil•
barca 2011
FalcaoPunch
norton
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A! Empty Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A!

Post by norton Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks to all who suggested watching Serie A. I changed from Verizon FIOS to COMCAST which has La Liga and Serie A. It was in Spanish, but I watched the best soccer I have seen in a long time. The Genoa-Sampdoria game was epic. It was so brutal (I was surprised) and it was such a back and forth game although Sampdoria was so much stronger, and these were relegation sides according to the announcers. The passing at close quarters and skills displayed were tremendous. I also watched the Napoli-MIlan game where it looked like Napoli was going to destroy Milan. Then this little Egyptian guy (I think they said he was Egyptian or at least Arab) scored two great goals and Milan drew. I have to say the La Liga game I watched was a bit boring as Real Madrid really destroyed this team from Bilbao. I also watched a game between a team that I don't remember the name of and Inter Milan. I was surprised this unknown (to me) club was so good against one of the teams you always hear about. It was really an exciting game. I did not watch one BPL game this weekend, and I can't say I missed it. The skills in the Spanish and Italian leagues just seem so much better. I have to say though, the Italian League has mostly South American players from what I could understand in the games I watched. The announcers were always saying "el Argentino", "el Paraguayo", el "Chelino" etc.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A! Empty Re: Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A!

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm

I hate Fios for being such c**** and not getting BEIN sports.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A! Empty Re: Got COMCAST and BEIN Sports on Friday and watched Serie A!

Post by barca 2011 Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm

ColoJunior wrote:I hate Fios for being such c**** and not getting BEIN sports.
As do I. and for the few games that goltv does have, they dont even offer hd. I know its nitpicking but wtf?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I wish canada has Bein
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
As do I. and for the few games that goltv does have, they dont even offer hd. I know its nitpicking but wtf?

Yeah it's terrible no Gol TV HD. No bein.
Fox deported is meh sauce.

It's frustrating honestly
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Apparently my cable provider has begun to broadcast Bein sports, although I hear they only have one channel (that worries me). I prefer to watch live games, but honestly, I will take what I can get and I tend to be out of the house on weekends (bless whoever invented the Dvr).

@norton, I'm glad you enjoyed Serie, it's actually the first league I began to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 pm

ColoJunior wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:

Yeah it's terrible no Gol TV HD. No bein.
Fox deported is meh sauce.

It's frustrating honestly

I know and try watching a Colombia game too. I'm in the states and they didn't even show Colombia vs brazil on fios. That game was in jersey too.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MOJC Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

You guys are lucky in my country you only get EPL, A league Laughing and the odd Barca or real game. It was a treat when they started playing F.A cup.Thats with the best sports provider aswell
MOJC
MOJC
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm

I have AT&T U-verse, one of the more expensive T.V brands in the states and they do not offer BEIN sports, just Fox Sports and Gol TV which only really shows the German league, going to change soon if they don't offer more games.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:32 pm

You have been enlightened, son
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:33 pm

:bow:
zizzle wrote:You have been enlightened, son

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm

norton wrote:Thanks to all who suggested watching Serie A. I changed from Verizon FIOS to COMCAST which has La Liga and Serie A. It was in Spanish, but I watched the best soccer I have seen in a long time. The Genoa-Sampdoria game was epic. It was so brutal (I was surprised) and it was such a back and forth game although Sampdoria was so much stronger, and these were relegation sides according to the announcers. The passing at close quarters and skills displayed were tremendous. I also watched the Napoli-MIlan game where it looked like Napoli was going to destroy Milan. Then this little Egyptian guy (I think they said he was Egyptian or at least Arab) scored two great goals and Milan drew. I have to say the La Liga game I watched was a bit boring as Real Madrid really destroyed this team from Bilbao. I also watched a game between a team that I don't remember the name of and Inter Milan. I was surprised this unknown (to me) club was so good against one of the teams you always hear about. It was really an exciting game. I did not watch one BPL game this weekend, and I can't say I missed it. The skills in the Spanish and Italian leagues just seem so much better. I have to say though, the Italian League has mostly South American players from what I could understand in the games I watched. The announcers were always saying "el Argentino", "el Paraguayo", el "Chelino" etc.

If you thought those 2 games were good you should watch the Roma game tonight and you will be entertained. Thumbs up
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPippo Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:46 pm

The little Egyptian guy (el shaarawy) is Italian, anyway Smile

DonPippo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Enlightened Norton :bow:

Genoa - Sampdoria is a derby game btw, that's why it is so hostile. I doubt either side will be relegated, although Genoa have been dismal this year and are sitting rock bottom. Samp are currently 14th after just being promoted - after being relegated the season before that - after qualifying for the Champions League the season before that!

One more person watching Serie A can only be a good thing.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 am

Canada is apparently in process of getting BEIN, still working out a deal with cable providers. i get every single EPL game and champions league game, which is really all I care about anyways, but the option for canadians to get BEIN and watch serie a and la liga would be nice to have.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:46 am

Watch Roma - Torino tonight my child, I sense the force within you. You will become one with serie A.

Torino are based in Turin (Amazing I know) and came up from serie B last season. Roma have a fluid attack but terrible defence. This could be a cracker.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:47 am

If you're a Serie A fan then Comcast/BeinSport is utter shat. I'm probably going to end up cancelling it sooner or later. I've streamed roughly 70% of all of the matches I've watched so far this season so I might as well put 10 more bucks back in my pocket.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:48 am

Just a question guys.
Is it possible to get al jazzera in the states? We have world tv as well so we could buy it.. well maybe
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:50 am

McLewis wrote:If you're a Serie A fan then Comcast/BeinSport is utter shat. I'm probably going to end up cancelling it sooner or later. I've streamed roughly 70% of all of the matches I've watched so far this season so I might as well put 10 more bucks back in my pocket.

Care to elaborate? Do they not air enough games?

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:01 am

THC 10 wrote:
McLewis wrote:If you're a Serie A fan then Comcast/BeinSport is utter shat. I'm probably going to end up cancelling it sooner or later. I've streamed roughly 70% of all of the matches I've watched so far this season so I might as well put 10 more bucks back in my pocket.

Care to elaborate? Do they not air enough games?

Well BEINSport's Comcast package here in the US is Spanish speaking only so because of that, La Liga gets more preference then Serie A.

Example: They're more likely to show Valladolid-Granada over just about any Serie A fixture due to it being La Liga.

I understand the logic about it, but it still pisses me off.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:03 am

This is exactly what I was worried about. I'm not looking to pay for something that isn't going to be worth it - I still don't understand why they don't have two channels. As you know, I am more of a Serie fan and while I respect La Liga, I don't have many connections with them.

I don't understand that logic, Spanish speaking or not. If that's the case, they should have let someone else pick up Serie A.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 am

Well Beinsport jumping into the mixer was pretty sudden and Comcast simply didn't react quick enough and when they did, they half-assed it. I personally would've preferred they just wait until they could do this right. Keep the Spanish Beinsport with the Spanish language pack and then release the English package when it could.

I've only had trouble finding streams for 1 Roma game this season so far so as long as there are streams, I really don't need a sports package at this point.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:13 am

I'll have to figure something out as I'm never really home on weekends (so streams don't really work for me). Thanks for posting up that information, you just saved me 10 bucks a month.

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:14 pm

I have pretty much every sports package there is to get HD football here in the states. I personally can't stand streams because they are always crap. If I am not watching a game live or in HD I will not watch. I can't see myself a fan of this sport watching a crap stream where I can barely see the players!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Time Warner has me on hold, I'm about to pick up BEIN sport. They offer me two channels and they even air VOLLEYBALL games. I'm so hyped, I can finally start watching Milan games again (perhaps I shouldn't be that excited).

Whatever, :bow: Constant in high definition

Bein sport 1 was already offerend in my sports package (I guess it comes in the goltv package) and I will be paying an additional 5 bucks a month for the second channel in espanol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next