Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

+31
Mamad
peerless
MaestroFavre
Ganso
toyota_yaris
BarrileteCosmico
guest7
daneq
jibers
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
Dante
Pedram
Zealous
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
BarcaKizz
Valkyrja
rwo power
Muzza
free_cat
eelir
lszanto
Bellabong
urbaNRoots
the xcx
Donuts
Clockwork Orange
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? Empty Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 pm

I have never undersood that notion. What do people expect when the opposition put 10 men behind the ball and refuse to play football? Where are the passing channels meant to be?

I had to sit down this weekend and endure watching my team play the shameful VVV playing with a similar philosophy to Chelsea last year. Frank de Boer had to explain in the press conference that it was the oppositions fault. Ajax were being criticised for playing like Spain (I take that as a compliment).

Why is football like this? I have not suffered this much watching football this season. Why is anti-football so rampant. The fact that the biggest footballing instituion, Real Madrid is managed by anti-footballs biggest proponent, Jose Mourniho makes me question the state of the beautiful game.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? Empty Re: Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Burn Jose Mourinho and all who play anti football burn them to hell rofl
But nah what else do you expect smaller clubs to do, the smarter thing for them to attempt is countering with a parked buss.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? Empty Re: Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 pm

People just cant accept the fact that being defensive takes skill tbh. Surely not pretty for the eyes but thats football nevertheless. Its Ajaxs fault for failing to break down the deadlock.

Last edited by Nameless on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Nameless wrote:People just cant accept the fact that being defensive takes skill tbh.

There is skill involved. That is why they are defenders, but forcing attackers to go against their very nature is a modern football travesty. Every week football dies, little by little.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Clockwork Orange is suffering:

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? 33784511
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Nameless wrote:People just cant accept the fact that being defensive takes skill tbh. Surely not pretty for the eyes but thats football nevertheless. Its Ajaxs fault for failing to break down the deadlock.

We win 2-0 scratch
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 pm

oh yea my bad..Still the trend has nothing to with Mou here. In his 3 years he has gone defensive only once.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Clockwork Orange is suffering:

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? 33784511

I agree with Xavi in this case. Football is indeed suffering. Barcelona are rightfully looked up to as the standard. They play football in the right way, attacking and entertaining.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

If my job depended on winning I could careless how I do it so long as I win.
Not like playing defensive is illegal just unappealing.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:08 pm

You can also view it another way - Bayern & Barca are too pussy to play a risky pass so why waste energy chasing the ball when the chance of them making a mistake is slim, considering their CB's passing ability.

Sure any attacking moves by Bayern and Barca are spectacular combos and slick football but that only happens 20% of the time on the ball. The rest is just anti-pressing outlet passes while they wait for attacking movement to present an opportunity - that's what's boring and the you just watched a game of 0risk - Germany - Netherlands. Van Gaal being defensive?

Sure you can tell teams to press harder etc. but that opens up space - not every player is created equal in pace and acceleration and inferior players trying to man mark a player physically superior to them gets burned so you implement an entire defensive system that covers them.

Finally there's Dortmund, who have mastered pressing and maximizing their time spent on the ball and everyone likes Dortmund.

Inter defended and played well - Chelsea got lucky because with the amount of chances they let through they should have never won the trophy.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Not all possession football is entertaining. Holding the ball inside your half with no real purpose is nothing more than a borefest(swansea did it a fair bit last year).

Barca to me are much more enteraining than Spain who I find if they arn't really going for it then they can be fairly boring.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 pm

It is about the taste. To me Barca's game is a game of patients, some might not like it and see it as boring. Some might prefer sitting back with 9 man and a keeper and hope for a lucky night to outscore by taking each chance they get and/or Barca not finish their chances. For me that is a small team play!

I am not against that kind of play when for instance Celtic plays us. But, if teams that claim they are big European bosses play such game, it is frankly boring and disgusting, again IMO. They might win, but they should know they won playing a small team's game and luck played a part in their win.

On a side note, blaming Barca for not releasing possession is the most stupid thing i read in this forum, it is borderline retarded. Similar to this is blaming Barca for passing sideways against park the buss team. Barca is not a team without weaknesses. We can't cross (and lose) so many balls, when we are a team of midgets, so we have to stick to the ball as much as possible so we do not get raped in counter, because our defenders have to join the attack.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:43 pm

If someone still insists that Barça is boring is probably a hater or a nutjob tbh.
We are scoring 3-4 goals per game, conceding 1-2 goals, making comebacks week in week out, and winning in the dying moments.
All coupled with some incredible teamplay goals, mouth-watering technique, and great free-kicks.

This is the most entertaining Barça since Cruyff.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muzza Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:48 pm

They are too thick to understand this. The other team chooses to play with ten men behind the ball and barca are the ones that get criticised for being boring.

They don't understand if you play with a bus against any team not just barca it's going to be a boring game. Xavi and Iniesta aren't passing it around just for the fun of it. They want their team to score and if they find a gap they will take it. But with a ten man defence it's hard for anyone. We see bus parking tactics against barca more than any other team in history. Which makes the game boring, which ends up barca getting called boring as we see them involved in these types of games more than any side. When teams play a more open attacking game against barca, we see some great football

Not that i'm criticizing bus parking tactics, it's understandable why most teams use it. But it's silly to blame barca for being the main culprit for making the match boring.

Muzza
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Well, it is easy. If all teams going against Barca park the bus and the matches appear boring, there is one connecting factor: Barca. So it is easy to come to the conclusion it is Barca's fault, not the other way round :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Barca fans don't understand that as long as they have the ball all the time, it's logically that the other team will sit in their half and wait for a counter. I'd like to see a Dortmund-Barca match in the UCL.

PS : I like watching Dortmund much more that watching Barca, even Madrid on their day(Ajax prolly)
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, it is easy. If all teams going against Barca park the bus and the matches appear boring, there is one connecting factor: Barca. So it is easy to come to the conclusion it is Barca's fault, not the other way round :coffee:

Please elaborate! What should Barca do to make it more entertaining? Just give the ball to 9-10 man in their box? Cross the ball restlessly so the defenders can clear it and hoof the ball to the lone standing striker at the other end? Would this make the game more entertaining?

This is stupid, 90% of the cases barca brakes down such teams. In 5% of the cases the teams get lucky, and other 5% Barca are out of tune.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm

Kizu wrote:Barca fans don't understand that as long as they have the ball all the time, it's logically that the other team will sit in their half and wait for a counter. I'd like to see a Dortmund-Barca match in the UCL.

PS : I like watching Dortmund much more that watching Barca, even Madrid on their day(Ajax prolly)

So why is Barca boring then? They play their game! You can't blame Barca for being superior on the ball. That is just crazy! You might not like that, and i dont discuss tastes, but blaming barca is crazy.

EDIT: Dortmund don't have Barca's reputation, so teams don't park the buss. Hopefully they get the same reputation and you will have Barca's game played by Dortmund all over again.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:08 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, it is easy. If all teams going against Barca park the bus and the matches appear boring, there is one connecting factor: Barca. So it is easy to come to the conclusion it is Barca's fault, not the other way round :coffee:

RWO... Assuming your joking because your logic is normally sound but here makes no sense...

Not all teams completely park the bus against Barca. Those games are superb. When teams park the bus, those games can be boring.

Barca always play the same way... Hence what is the variable? The opposition.

Therefore the fault lies with the opposition. Clearly.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Actually there is no direct fault IMO if small teams play park the buss. Can't blame them or Barca. What i dislike is when big teams do that and blame Barca. That is BS. If you consider yourself great, don't blame the boring game on Barca, but on yourself for not having skills to cope with that. Why no one blames other teams for not having cojones to steal the ball from Barca? That would certainly make the game more entertaining.

Last edited by eelir on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Big teams should always strive to be the protagonists in every match. Celtic's play made me very sad. Had that happened in Spain or Holland they would certainly have been villified. But in the British Isles they are seen as heroes.

Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:46 pm

I used to hate watching them.

The games were too lopsided, once they scored the opportunity to come back or even mount a decent test of their defense was too challenging because of how little of the ball you had.

The defenders were never even tested.

Now it's different, every team in the league still believes they can come back against them because their defense is so open.

I understand the way most opposing teams approach them and I usually find that way the most practical and even entertaining. Teams with little talent who have the right approach can always give themselves a chance without reducing the game to a joke.

Celtic did that. They had purpose when they attacked, they had clear goals they set out to achieve.

The boring games come where teams don't have that, which occurs frequently enough.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Clockwork Orange is deceived
he is suffering
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I agree with Sam, Barca games have gotten a lot better ever since their back line became a joke.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Defending is a art, it needs to be appreciated just as much as attacking play.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next