Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

+31
Mamad
peerless
MaestroFavre
Ganso
toyota_yaris
BarrileteCosmico
guest7
daneq
jibers
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
Dante
Pedram
Zealous
Real Kandahar
Le Samourai
BarcaKizz
Valkyrja
rwo power
Muzza
free_cat
eelir
lszanto
Bellabong
urbaNRoots
the xcx
Donuts
Clockwork Orange
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't know what Barca fans thinks about their style but so far what i've gathered from Tito's Barca is that they're more daring when going forward.

What i'm saying is that some of the goals that Barca has scored this season wouldn't have happened under Pep, like Alba's goal against Celtic. Barca's pep was more patient, less risk.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why do people still insist that Barcelona are boring?

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Now I read your post, I dont disagree too much with what your saying. Though I dont agree we was like Spain last season, or going towards Spain.

But your saying, we are playing more like 09? I could agree with that.

Others are saying more direct than Pep's era generally it seems, which is a crock of crap.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Thread is pointless imo. If people actually watched Barca then they wouldn't call them boring.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Pedram wrote:I don't know what Barca fans thinks about their style but so far what i've gathered from Tito's Barca is that they're more daring when going forward.

What i'm saying is that some of the goals that Barca has scored this season wouldn't have happened under Pep, like Alba's goal against Celtic. Barca's pep was more patient, less risk.

Really?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:Now I read your post, I dont disagree too much with what your saying. Though I dont agree we was like Spain last season, or going towards Spain.

But your saying, we are playing more like 09? I could agree with that.

Others are saying more direct than Pep's era generally it seems, which is a crock of crap.

I'll agree with that i also think i agree with the Iniesta and Tello thing.

I think one of the reasons Barca were at their most passive in Guardiola's last year was because of Iniesta playing on the wing a lot more than usual.

This year it's been either Sanchez, Tello, Villa and Alba almost acting like another attacker so naturally there's more directness in the play.

I also think Cesc has a lot to do with my opinion obviously having someone Cesc in his natural role will increase forward passes and less control.

You see it when Cesc doesn't play then i see more control and less of the direct play i'm on about.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Dont disagree much then. I think last season, Villa was injured, Tello hadnt established himself and Pedro was in poor form.

So last season, we had two unknowns who didnt establish themselves (Tello and Cuenca), Alexis, a meh and often injured Pedro and Messi...thats is.

So of course now, with Villa back, Tello improved, Pedro better we have more forward options so naturally we can play with 3 forwards like we always intented.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toyota_yaris Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Boring is not Barcelona, boring is their victories every game. dont mistake this 2 thing

toyota_yaris
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Barca under Tito aren't boring, under Pep they were sometimes.Spain are still awful entertainment wise on official games though.With a few exceptions

Last edited by Ganso on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Ganso wrote:Barca under Tito aren't boring, under Pep they were sometimes.Spain are still awful entertainment wise on official games though.With a few excretions

rofl
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm

SCREW YOU AUTO CORRECT
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:54 pm

I literally lol at how many football purists there are now because of '' TIKI TAKA '' . Very Happy
The '' beautiful game '' is beautiful because there is no one way to play it .If a team thinks that is the right strategy to get a result, well why must they not choose it? At the end of the day it is about putting the ball in the back of the net and the result, not about the plane that was parked or the 1000 backward passes .

I'll not say Barca is boring though but they certainly were not this entertaining last season.

MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:59 pm

toyota_yaris wrote:Boring is not Barcelona, boring is their victories every game. dont mistake this 2 thing

No, not really.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Any team who tries to kill the time is boring. with keeping possession or another way. and there are games that Barca does that.

in the moments they keep the ball and do nothing with it they are really boring.

but nobody can blame them cuz its the best way and when you are 4-0 ahead you don't need to attack like you are behind. and they don't want to give the ball away too. so they just keep it. its boring but justified.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Yea so Clockwork you still haven't responded. I'm guessing you realise you are a philosophical hypocrite.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

its up to the team with the possession what they do with the possession.

they can either be conservative and focus more on keeping the ball, or they can be more risky with how they handle the ball by pushing forward.

i dont see how you can blame the opposition

some types of possession is more entertaining than others

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 am

barca are boring. or were... i stopped watching them a season ago. their style of play always reminded me of bullfighting (though a bad comparison because that's disgusting and immoral). they tease the opposition and try to frustrate them even though the other team is already at a disadvantage. they do it by linking a million useless sideways and backwards passes together, and keep possession boringly to frustrate the opponent. and it works, it frustrates them. and it frustrates me too because it's like watching paint dry. they're fully permitted to do it, but yes it is boring
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:34 am

Tbh, watching any italian league game is more boring, except for select few.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 am

I find Barcelona boring to watch when the game looks like a routine when they are put under pressure and down a goal is when I enjoy to watch them.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3