The Franchise
Dante
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Catracho
Ganso
36 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Scolari named new Brazil coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Scolari named new Brazil coach

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 pm

Brazil were even less favorites in 1994.We say over here that we always lose when our team is hyped up like in 2006 with Ronaldinho,Kaka,Adriano,R9,Juninho,Ze Ronerto,RC,Lucio.Dida etc.

Im actually pretty happy on how low we are rated atm, I think we will surprise everyone in the Confederations and WC, mainly because of home advantage.

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Scolari named new Brazil coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Scolari named new Brazil coach

Post by Valkyrja Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Diego A.
Luiz - Dede - Silva
Dani A. - Lucas - Hernanes - Marcelo
Oscar
Neymar - Hulk/Pato

If Pato reaches his true potential by 2014, I have no doubts that he will start over Hulk.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Kizu wrote:
Diego A.
Luiz - Dede - Silva
Dani A. - Lucas - Hernanes - Marcelo
Oscar
Neymar - Hulk/Pato

If Pato reaches his true potential by 2014, I have no doubts that he will start over Hulk.

Will never happen because he will eternally be injured.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 pm

---------------------------------------?---------------------------------------
------------------------Neymar----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------Oscar--------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Paulinho------------------------
--------------------------Lucas--------------------------------------------------
Marcelo------------------------------------------------------------------Dani Alves
-----------------------------------David Luiz-------------------------------------
-----------------------Thiago Silva------------Dede-------------------------------

-------------------------------------Cavalieri--------------------------------------

Luiz would have to be the Zaguiero Terceiro.. he has the best skill on the ball going forward out of any of our current CBs.. The rest is up for debate.. Hulk won't be our forward.. actually noone even likes him. I think he'll be on the bench.. that move to Zenit might have cost him.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:28 pm

remember the GOAT goal ronaldo scored for brazil in 06 vs Ghana :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Catracho wrote:---------------------------------------?---------------------------------------
------------------------Neymar----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------Oscar--------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Paulinho------------------------
--------------------------Lucas--------------------------------------------------
Marcelo------------------------------------------------------------------Dani Alves
-----------------------------------David Luiz-------------------------------------
-----------------------Thiago Silva------------Dede-------------------------------

-------------------------------------Cavalieri--------------------------------------

Luiz would have to be the Zaguiero Terceiro.. he has the best skill on the ball going forward out of any of our current CBs.. The rest is up for debate.. Hulk won't be our forward.. actually noone even likes him. I think he'll be on the bench.. that move to Zenit might have cost him.

No love for Fernandinho?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:People saying this is a good appointment...
I really don't know. Personally I believe in the "don't hire the same coach for the second time" principle.

A big-name coach, but I would have gone for someone else.
Great pressure on him, but I hope he does well. Brazil have got many players in the national team set-up that deserve a good World Cup campaign in 2014.

Good point, many more have failed than suceeded the second time around...Louis Van Gaal at Barca being one personally painful one.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:34 pm

------------Diego Alves
Alves----Silva---Luiz----Marcelo
---------Lucas--Paulinho
---Lucas-----Oscar-----Neymar-
--------------Pato

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Kaka cant be dropped atm...he has been great for us
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Ganso wrote:Kaka cant be dropped atm...he has been great for us

Will he be great in 2 years though?

Anyway i like Catracho's team in the main....

There's a few different options for the 2 CM spots like Fernandinho as Dani mentions.

And the striker spot is unclear at the moment but overall i like it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 pm

While I'd say an inform Pato would be the best choice in my gathered opinion. Why are people ignoring Leandro Damiao? It has perplexed me to see no one has mentioned him.

And David Luiz? Is this a joke? Why Luiz when you can have Dante of Bayern Munich?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Arquitecto wrote:While I'd say an inform Pato would be the best choice in my gathered opinion. Why are people ignoring Leandro Damiao? It has perplexed me to see no one has mentioned him.

And David Luiz? Is this a joke? Why Luiz when you can have Dante of Bayern Munich?

I think they want Luiz for similar reasons Italy and Juve need Bonucci.

His ball playing abilities is much better than the rest and he won't be as exposed in a 3 cb system just like Bonucci.

As for Damiao i like him but think his movement is a bit rigid for such a system to work.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Arq,have you been watching our NT recently?Luiz is a complete beast with the NT,idk if its Thiago or whatever but the thing is,he is great and shouldn't be dropped.The performance he gave vs Falcao in the last game was pretty awesome.Its like he is a completely different player when he wears that blue jersey.

@Mole, when the time comes, Kaka can go to the bench if he underperforms.Truth is he has been so good I would pick him over Oscar.

about the #9,well that doesn't really matter since Neymar has been scoring for fun

Edit:Also,I would like to add that this Constant avatar thing is kind of getting creepy.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Yh honestly if we are comparing the roles then i would seriously consider Neymar in the R9 position and Oscar and Kaka in Dinho and Rivaldo roles.

Unless there are other forwards more suitable.

Maybe Willian if he keeps his form up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:While I'd say an inform Pato would be the best choice in my gathered opinion. Why are people ignoring Leandro Damiao? It has perplexed me to see no one has mentioned him.

I think they want Luiz for similar reasons Italy and Juve need Bonucci.

His ball playing abilities is much better than the rest and he won't be as exposed in a 3 cb system just like Bonucci.

As for Damiao i like him but think his movement is a bit rigid for such a system to work.

Difference is Bonnuci has concentration lapses but can read and adhere to the game while Luiz has no guile or direction in his defence. On footballing IQ levels they are miles apart as while I agree with the ball playing factor, Silva already has the long passing role for Brazil as Nesta had for Milan. They need a more disciplined CB like Dante to retain the shape of the back line. I may be harsh as Luiz has been excellent for his NT but will he really cut it outside friendlies and Olympic games? Nonetheless if you agree with Luiz starting I wouldn't argue since Silva compliments his weaknesses very well.

It'll be more clear whether Scolari aims for a 3 man back line or not.

As for Damiao its understandable but I guess we'll have to judge on what Scolari will aim for in his system this time.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 pm

^^^^^

3 GOAT posters with a Kasanova avatar up top. :bow: :bow:

Not creepy at all :coffee:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Yeah it's just a discussion in case he does try and re create the same system.

Personally i would play Luiz as i feel he would be fine in such a system.

The only real discussions to me who will be the final forward alongside Neymar and Oscar ( or Kaka).

And who will be the Gilberto Silva and who will be the Kleberson if Scolari plans to use the same system.

Of course he might try something completely different we don't know yet but we will see.

Edit: going down the page and i see is Constant lmao Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm just wondering what exactly is making people so optimistic about his appointment? Sure, he's got a nice CV, but his last few years in management haven't been exactly great, no?

Combine that with the fact that getting sacked / resigning for the second time as the manager of Brazil NT would be hugely embarassing, I think it's just a big gamble to appoint him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:41 pm

I rate him as a coach, especially when it comes to getting teams to be balanced offensively and defensively.

I always felt he was suited to the more coach environment of international football than the management of club football.

I just think he's one of those people that's more of a coach than a manager and will have more success in this job than he did at Chelsea for example.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:48 pm

At International level,since 2002, he was won a WC and reached a euro final and WC semi final with Portugal,I think that says a lot,he is a really good NT manager.

why is so good with NTs?Because he made his career in knockout stages and Int football is all about knockout games,the guy has a pretty crazy list of "knockout" trophies.Won the Brazillian cup 4 times,the Libertadores twice and some other competitions.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:54 pm

True
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah it's just a discussion in case he does try and re create the same system.

Personally i would play Luiz as i feel he would be fine in such a system.

The only real discussions to me who will be the final forward alongside Neymar and Oscar ( or Kaka).

And who will be the Gilberto Silva and who will be the Kleberson if Scolari plans to use the same system.

Of course he might try something completely different we don't know yet but we will see.

Edit: going down the page and i see is Constant lmao Laughing

We both have established not to speculate until we see tangible results but nonetheless.

Lucas would play the anchoring role as he would be complimented by someone such as Fernandinho or Hernaenes who is quite disciplined and aware at a CM role when combined with a Lucas type player.

As for the front, Oscar or Ganso (if he ever comes back to form) should be supported a free front line such as Neymar and Pato. This would be very similar to Brazil 2002 or Prandelli's Italia where the forwards are given complete freedom and off yard balance to create and finish given on the spatial ground within the box.

If Damiao I'd play Pato off of him while Neymar and Lucas play wide and Oscar supporting in the creative role.

All very naive but would work since Pato has shown excellent chemistry with the rest of his fellow attackers.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I rate him as a coach, especially when it comes to getting teams to be balanced offensively and defensively.

I always felt he was suited to the more coach environment of international football than the management of club football.

I just think he's one of those people that's more of a coach than a manager and will have more success in this job than he did at Chelsea for example.

Well... I've always thought NTs are more about managing the general picture and clubs are more about good coaches getting results there. Because at clubs you've got much more time to actually coach your players, in a NT set-up you have to get results out of a group of players much, much quicker.

Ganso wrote:At International level,since 2002, he was won a WC and reached a euro final and WC semi final with Portugal,I think that says a lot,he is a really good NT manager.

why is so good with NTs?Because he made his career in knockout stages and Int football is all about knockout games,the guy has a pretty crazy list of "knockout" trophies.Won the Brazillian cup 4 times,the Libertadores twice and some other competitions.

Sure, he's got some good NT results in his book. But in the end it's a rather small sample, don't you think? I'm not saying he is a bad manager, but with his rather disappointing results in the near past - and the fact that he has once already resigned from Brazil's manager's position - he is not bringing the feel-good factor into Brazil's NT, which I think would be quite important at this stage.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 am

RealGunner wrote:True

RG YOU GOAT. :bow: never disappoints
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:02 am

Yall got it wrong.. lol

Fernandinho gets no love cuz of the depth of his position.. may it be Luis Gustavo, Sandro, or Lucas when he gets back into fitness. Lucas in form is the best DM we have in our pool bar none.

Our striker problem is that.. Pato will never be inform.. he will always be injured.. he needs to hangem up.. if he can stay healthy for more than half a season, then he'll be in serious play for a starting role or even a call-up.

Damiao had a terrible season in the Brasileirao.. iirc, he didn't even crack the top 10 list for Top Scorers in the Brasileirao this season.. Fred was number one with 19 tallies. Damigol aint been the same since Oscar left, plus they have other means of scoring.

Actually I'm inclined to say Luiz Adriano of Shakhtar might be a real good fit in this system, real fast and dynamic forward uptop. I like that Willian option aswell.

Oscar > Kaka Kaka aint been amazing...
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:09 am

That's the thing if Pato was anywhere near where he should be right now it wouldn't even be a debate it would be Oscar-Neymar-Pato and it would f*cking kick some serious ass.

Unfortunately he hasn't and due to lack of actual CF's i would seriously consider Neymar as a fake 9 with an AM and SS or an inside forward hovering around him.

Also Art i have always considered international football more of a coaches job and there be hardly be managerial attributes needed.

And he's always been a fantastic coach in my view and his international record speaks for itself and most of poor recent performances have come at club level which i don't feel he's suited to.

Also can't Lucas and Fernandinho operate together? Fernandinho seems more of a Kleberson player although much better IMO while Lucas is more of a Gilberto.

Of course there's quite a few options but IMO Fernandinho should not be competing with Lucas as they quite different.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next