Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left?

+10
VanDeezNuts
McAgger
daneq
Donuts
The Sanchez
Le Samourai
the xcx
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Onyx
14 posters

Go down

Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left? Empty Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left?

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:51 pm

I think it makes sense.

1. Guardiola knows Spanish football well. I'm sure he knows how clubs are run etc. Perez would allow him to do his own thing while Guardiola would respect the club.

2. Guardiola plays attractive football. Something Real Madrid fans have always wanted.

3. Good with youth. Another thing that Real Madrid fans have always wanted.

4. I mean why would he want to risk the EPL? At Chelsea most managers last 2-3 years max and Guardiola may want to do something long term. SAF may not retire for another 3-4 years in terms of Man Utd.

At Real Madrid it would be easier for him to adapt. Like I said, he knows Spanish football well, he knows the teams well etc.

Mourinho:

Is he really going to stay until 2016? I mean if he wins the CL this season then it's likely he'll return to England. He's always wanted to return to England. Chelsea will most likely be his destination. It looks like we won't be winning La Liga this season, so if we don't win the CL or La Liga, Mourinho may still leave/be sacked.

He's only here to win trophies. Perez is desperate. It's why he got rid of Valdano and it's why he's catering to Mourinho's every need. Mourinho's relationship with the club isn't exactly the best.

So what do you think?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left? Empty Re: Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left?

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:04 pm

Only in your, and I do mean YOUR dreams lol

I would imagine his interest in the job would be someplace between zero and none.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left? Empty Re: Is it possible for Guardiola to manage Real Madrid after Mourinho has left?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 pm

He's Cule. He's Catalan. How exactly do you think this would happen? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Has Pep ever hold a grudge against RM? I think not, atleast he hasnt shown it. Its about time he proves to the people he can be successful apart from Barca. Theres not a better club for him than RM lol.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Won't happen.

Even if it did his style isn't exactly conducive to Real Madrid and fans would not support him or be patient as he initially fails in trying to apply it. He's not just going to walk in and magically transform what fans value.

Even someone like me who respects him in no way wants us to see us play like that. It's way too tedious to watch week in week out.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:30 pm

What do fans value exactly?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:What do fans value exactly?

High tempo, Goals, Superstars. Instant success.

I don't see him getting any leeway with the fans nor the players either, simply because he is from Barcelona. He would have initial problems with incorporating his style and implementing a pressing system and fans would have no patience with him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Mourinho's is high tempo, yet the fans aren't happy with relying on counter-attacks.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Mourinho's is high tempo, yet the fans aren't happy with relying on counter-attacks.

People hate Mourinhio.

And though many would like to see a passing game, I don't think anyone wants a game based around possession dominance and ball denial.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:36 am

Only a fools dream. Firstly he is a proud catalan. Secondly, Madrid players will not want him. Does anyone really need to go into much depth?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:40 am

Like said above, Madrid wouldn't even hire him if he wanted it, and vice versa.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:30 am

I see you put this in the CD section, tactical move hmm

But I'd just like to point out that mt's self fulfilling prophecy is almost complete.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 am

lol as a Madrid fan why would you want Pep coaching us anyways. He's a legend of our biggest rivals, and has been raised to hate our club. I would boycott the Bernabeu if we appointed him ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:What do fans value exactly?

High tempo, Goals, Superstars. Instant success.

I don't see him getting any leeway with the fans nor the players either, simply because he is from Barcelona. He would have initial problems with incorporating his style and implementing a pressing system and fans would have no patience with him.

Minus instant success, I dont see how Pep doesnt assure any of these.

If you have superstars who play for the team, he will use them.

Barca teams have always scored goals, thats a given.

And Barca football when played correctly, is high tempo.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:lol as a Madrid fan why would you want Pep coaching us anyways. He's a legend of our biggest rivals, and has been raised to hate our club. I would boycott the Bernabeu if we appointed him ffs.

Why do football rivals have to hate each other? I mean it's alright being competitive, but this 'hate' thing should kinda go. It's like some sort of storyline.

Anyway I can't remember Guardiola ever saying anything bad about Real Madrid. I mean Leonardo managed Milan, then managed Inter. It's just about being respectful.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Crazier things have happened in the world of football, but really I dont see this happening.

It would make no sense for him. Why would he join RM when he could walk back into the position at barca at any time in the future and be considered a god?

If pep ever does make a return to spanish football the best bet would be barca or replacing del bosque.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Mtfootball,could you tell me name of that weed you have been smoking lately?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes, it is logically possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm

MT just start supporting Barca already because this is just sad.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:19 am

I think Heskey is more likely to win the Balon D'or, than Pep becoming our manager.. Seriously
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 pm

With Perez's trigger happy spending and Guardiola's track record with transfers.. That would be disastrous. And besides... Never, ever, ever will it happen
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down