Raptorgunner
djoe26
urbaNRoots
Sri
RealGunner
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Empty Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Gun__1346171080_playerprofile_akpom
Rising Star

Olympiakos Vs Arsenal
Tuesday 19:45 BST
Karaiskakis Stadium, Greece
Referee: Alberto Undiano (ESP)

Little Breather

The Slump i mentioned in the last preview still carries on for Arsenal. The Ride continues to go downwards and with a difficult path for the journey, it's hard to see where the light will appear from. Arsenal faced a humiliating defeat against Swansea at home where they were toothless for most part and looked jaded. Consequently, Wenger has decided to give up on the thought of going all out and win the game in case Schalke lose so we can end up on the top of the group. It makes sense as well, we have a lot of players on the brink of injury and this game is in a way not important. Every team in the CL is strong and doesn't matter if we finish 1st or 2nd. Wenger has taken a team filled with fringe players and youth for tomorrow and it's very hard to see Us getting a lot from the game. However the good thing about tomorrow's team will be that they will be fresh and should do a lot in terms of running and movement. So in the end, it's a little bit of a breather for a lot of the players who are staying behind. And perhaps a chance for the youth players and the likes of Arshavin to prove themselves.

Olympiakos

I don't think we have ever won away to Olympiakos. But that's partly because we have rarely ever sent our strongest team. It's a bit of a coincidence that we always play away on the final matchday when it's not really important to win the game. I am not sure if they will put in their best team but with the atmosphere they have over there, I don't think we can expect any disjointed effort from them.

Probable Teams

Arsenal

----------------------------------Szczesny----------------------------------------------

Jenkinson--------------------Squillaci-----------Vermaelen----------------------Jernade Meade

--------------------------Coquelin--------------Ramsey-----------------------------------

Oxlade-------------------------------Rosicky------------------------------Arshavin----------

----------------------------------Chamakh--------------------------------------------------

Olympiakos

------------------------------------Carroll---------------------------------------------------

Torosidis---------------- Modesto------------- Maniatis-------------------------- Holebas

---------------------Machado----------Fuster-------------Abdoun----------------------------

-----------------------------------Ibagaza--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------Mitroglu------------- Djebbour--------------------------------------

Match Facts (UEFA)

• Vassilis Torossidis's first league goal in over two years helped Olympiacos to a 2-1 victory over FC Platanias on Saturday, their eighth successive home win.

• Rafik Djebbour scored his first goal in four appearances as Olympiacos drew 1-1 at PAOK FC on 25 November.

• Holebas has scored four top-flight goals in 13 outings this term, one more than he managed in his first 47 league appearances for the Red and Whites.

• Olympiacos started their Greek Cup defence on 28 November with a 2-0 home victory against second-tier Panahaiki FC. The return leg of the round of 32 tie will be played in Patras on 19 December.

• Olympiacos equalled the best start to a season in the professional era of the Greek top flight – nine wins and one draw, set by Panathinaikos FC in 1994/95 − when they triumphed 4-0 at AEK Athens FC on 11 November.

• Arsène Wenger takes charge of his 150th UEFA Champions League fixture on matchday six.

• In the 2-2 draw at FC Schalke 04 on matchday four, Arsenal surrendered a two-goal lead in the UEFA Champions League for only the second time.

• The 2-0 loss to Schalke on matchday three was Arsenal's first in the group stage at home since September 2003.

• Arsenal conceded seven goals in their opening nine matches in all competitions but have let in 17 in their last ten.

• Olympiakos have lost only three of their last 17 home matches in the Champions League.

• The Gunners are currently on 10 points and need to get a better result than Schalke against Montpellier if they are to finish top. Olympiakos will finish third regardless of the result on Tuesday.

Final Words

I hope the youngsters playing tomorrow play with no fear and just enjoy themselves. I would also like Arshavin to Show Wenger that he is twice the player Gervinho is. Hoping for a win somehow but might be a defeat

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Empty Re: Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by Sri Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Good preview mate. Thumbs up

I think we will lose. We always go to Greece on last matchday, and always play a youthful side, and always lose. And always talk about the learning experience for the youngsters there.

Don't see that changing in any way.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Empty Re: Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Szczesny
Jenkinson Angha Vermaelen Meade
Coquelin Ramsey
Chamberlain Rosicky Arshavin
Akpom

I would field this side, don't really care much about the result - just hope we have a good attacking display for once.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Jenkinson Angha Vermaelen Meade
Coquelin Ramsey
Akpom

I would field this side, don't really care much about the result - just hope we have a good attacking display for once.
I would like to see the same but we will probably see this:

Szczesny
Jenks Squid Vermaelen Meade
Coquelin Ramsey
Chamakh

Btw nice preview RG! Thumbs up
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:29 pm

Nice job RG.

I wont lie, I am more interested in this game than the Swansea and this weekend game.

I hope the youngsters make as proud, I have a feeling this will be another Reading game, a game that will be remembered for long time.
Going with a
4-3
Arsenal win.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Poor form plus resting players plus starting youth away from home means a loss is probably on the cards. Then again, I think Wenger has made some good calls for team selection purposes because we needed to rest players. I expect to finish second in our group, and I'm okay with that position, although this could be a potentially great way to get some optimism around the club if we do win in a game of less importance.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:19 am

Great Job RG

Raptor back in positive mode :bow:
quadruple still on Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Xowen10

dont care about scoreline
hope team puts in a positive performance as its warm up for bradford
thats where this bunchs main duty lies Twisted Evil

shame Eisfeld not with them Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 am

In our current situation, i would give more importance for some rest to our key players, than worry about getting knocked out by a 2nd placed team or group winners in CL..
We are going to take a youth team to Greece and get battered as usual.. As someone said hope Arshavin does something and gets above Gervinho in the pecking order.. Also a match for Rosicky to get some minutes and find form..
Really not expecting anything from this match.. But fear that another loss will make the fans and media more crazy..:facepalm:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:49 am

wenger is risking a chance to get 1st in the group.
schalke is playing away to montpellier its possible that they might not win specially considering their current form

i would say a probable 1st place in the group worths more than a possible worse performance in the next game in which you still can win but i understand wenger's action considering arsenal's position in the table.

personally i believe this one will end up a draw, the game is important for olympiakos since if they win or at least draw they join the 'seeded' teams in europa league but their next league game is against panathinaikos and i think the coach splitted the focalization between the 2 games considering his future in the club might be at risk following a possible loss by the most hated rival.
keep in mind modesto is not in the squad list for olympiakos let alone the starting eleven. just saying Razz good preview though

good luck!

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:29 pm

Arsene says the English don’t know what tired is.

“People in England don’t understand very well tiredness,”

“They think you can only be tired at the end of the season. But it’s a lack of freshness that I was talking about. It was not deep fatigue. Sometimes, you have a repetition of games with the Champions League. It can happen. But we do not want to complain. The little bit that we were not fresh [against Swansea] was only a part of the explanation.”
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Sina wrote:Great Job RG

Raptor back in positive mode :bow:
quadruple still on Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Xowen10

dont care about scoreline
hope team puts in a positive performance as its warm up for bradford
thats where this bunchs main duty lies Twisted Evil

shame Eisfeld not with them Mad

Today is the only game with no worry, I really look forward this. We better enjoy it cus next round it will be Barcelona. Sad affraid drinking banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:53 pm

Who's the guy from the first picture? Jernade Meade?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Gervinho demands Arsenal win in bid for Group B top spot. rofl rofl
scratch rofl
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/12/04/3577746/gervinho-demands-arsenal-win-in-bid-for-group-b-top-spot
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Chuba Akpom
RG'S favourite eco smile

hopefully he gets some minutes
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:30 pm

Wenger “We have 23 games to come back in the Premier League. But when you are out of the Champions League, then you are out.

“It is fashionable to have a go at Arsenal but this club is in fantastic shape. scratch :facepalm:

“We have a good team and a strong structure we have built over the years. We are in a strong financial situation and we are mentally strong. scratch

“I understand not everybody is pleased about that — but it’s a fact.”

Crisis? What crisis? we are rich. 10th place in EPl is a fantastic shape these days. I wonder what Wenger would do if we were 1st place in EPl?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:05 pm

@Established1886

Team tonight; Szczesny Meade Vermaelen Squillaci Jenkinson Coquelin Rosicky Ramsey Gervinho Chamakh Chamberlain. #Arsenal
Arshavin on the bench, feel sorry for the guy.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:11 pm

djoe26 wrote:
@Established1886

Team tonight; Szczesny Meade Vermaelen Squillaci Jenkinson Coquelin Rosicky Ramsey Gervinho Chamakh Chamberlain. #Arsenal
Arshavin on the bench, feel sorry for the guy.

What? this is not fair, wtf Wenger?
Gervinho is *bleep* useless, Arshavin is 10 times the player.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 pm

free_cat wrote:Who's the guy from the first picture? Jernade Meade?

Nah, Meade is the left back who i don't think will make it.

The player in the Picture is Chuba Akpom. Striker
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeArsenal Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:04 pm

pfheee would love to see a youngster instead of gervinho!
BeArsenal
BeArsenal
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Arsene Wenger takes charge of his 150th Champions League game today (68-39-42). He is 2nd only to Sir Alex Ferguson (187).
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

also on other game

5 - After more than 5 years Timo Hildebrand celebrates his CL comeback, but none of his last 5 CL matches have been won by his teams. Omen.Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [Champions League] Trolldolski

----------
The Funny Gooner ‏@FunnyGooner

He's worth every quid, In his pockets strikers hid, Hope we never get rid, God forbid, He is wanted at Madrid, Squid,Squid. Laughing Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Sina Laughing

Akpom :bow:

Meade :bow:

Rosicky :bow:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Squillaci will probably want to stay at Arsenal after receiving game time tonight. Wenger is looking forward signing him to a long term contract. Squillaci" I am happy to be part of this team, its going to be a tough game, my only game of the year I will try to lead the team, like my last years game"
Wenger"I believe Squillaci is quality, he is proven player and professional. We want to keep all our players and Squillaci is part of our plans"

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Raptor Laughing

Btw, Meade starting means it's surely the end of Santos hmm
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 pm

GET INNNNNNNN LITTLE MOZART.

I was really happy to see Meade start and he's doing decently.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next