Dante
chinomaster182
11 posters

Go down

Goal line technology Empty Goal line technology

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Goal line technology 312838_243612102436158_1410157198_n

From the just past EL game Inter vs Neftchi, goal line ref was 1 meter away Mad

Apparently goal line technology is being used for the first time in this club world cup, its about damn time.

Thoughts?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Goal line technology Empty Re: Goal line technology

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 pm

These are the days football wins .

The sooner we see goal line technology in football , the better , if you ask me.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Those supposed goal-line refs are not even in a good position to see that. Often the ball is obscured by the post or a player. I'm strongly in favour of goal-line tech. I couldn't care less about Platini's argument that ambiguous decisions create controversy and excitement. That's really just a sort of deception of the fans. What is most important is that the decision is correct.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm

But... but... think of the unemployment rate of the disabled when those blind goal-line refs are out of work! Shocked

(Of course goal-line ref is long overdue!!)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Those supposed goal-line refs are not even in a good position to see that. Often the ball is obscured by the post or a player. I'm strongly in favour of goal-line tech. I couldn't care less about Platini's argument that ambiguous decisions create controversy and excitement. That's really just a sort of deception of the fans. What is most important is that the decision is correct.

Platini was playing for Juventus , what did you expect Laughing

lol . On a more serious note , yeah i agree . It must happen and as soon as next season , if all go well during the CWC and i guess , they ll be using it too in the Confederations Cup , though i don't know anything , just a guess.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Seriously, the kind of technology that FIFA will use in the CWC just instantly beeps at the refs watch when the ball goes in, why the hell did this take so long?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 pm

Goal line technology Mancini_sad-1
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:Seriously, the kind of technology that FIFA will use in the CWC just instantly beeps at the refs watch when the ball goes in, why the hell did this take so long?

Because apparently , they care so much for the sport. :brickwall:

It's like when they promote , fight against racism ..How many black refs have you seen , in any FIFA/UEFA competition , even at the WC . Can't recall one , honestly
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:24 pm

Thats a great point Dante, like the one i made about black coaches, almost none whatsoever.

There are a couple of black refs here in CONCACAF, but really its very much a white party.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Lex wrote:Goal line technology Mancini_sad-1

LMFAO!

But seriously it's about damn time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Laughing

funny
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:Thats a great point Dante, like the one i made about black coaches, almost none whatsoever.

There are a couple of black refs here in CONCACAF, but really its very much a white party.

You cannot believe for how many years i've been wondering why i don't see black refs during WC or even at the CL , somewhere. CONCACAF , there's been a long time since i last watched(edit:meant checked) , but if it's just about geography , makes this even more ridiculous , me thinks.

As for black coaches , there are Rijkaard , Ten Cate , lol worked togethere at Barcelona, but i can't recall anyone else right now . but surely , that's a good point about the coaches as well .

Last edited by Dante on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:33 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:Seriously, the kind of technology that FIFA will use in the CWC just instantly beeps at the refs watch when the ball goes in, why the hell did this take so long?

Wow seriously it'll be that simple? Their only argument against goal-line technology that it would take too much time just went down the toilet drain.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 am

theres not too many black coaches or black referees so fifa is racist? i dont even..........
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 pm

ynwa wrote:theres not too many black coaches or black referees so fifa is racist? i dont even..........

you .. you don't even read , who accused FIFA of being rasict , really ?

I pretty much assumed their efforts have been careless and just for the sake of it , they don't seem to care more than making some spots and giving some fines here and there.
Even Seedorf commented about it not long ago . He said ,
" football federations must talk less and act more to fight racism " .

you just blow them out of your arse . Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:52 pm

you're basically implying it, no?

you say fifa promotes the fight against racism, which is a good thing, then you question why there isnt enough black referees or coaches around and blame fifa for not supporting the clause of fighting against racism. and you base this all on the fact that they dont hire black referees in major competions...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:01 pm

ynwa wrote:you're basically implying it, no?

you say fifa promotes the fight against racism, which is a good thing, then you question why there isnt enough black referees or coaches around and blame fifa for not supporting the clause of fighting against racism. and you base this all on the fact that they dont hire black referees in major competions...

No reason to repeat myself , really. All there is to it , i've said already in my previous posts. I don't imply anything ; if i wanted to accuse them , i would just say the words " FIFA are hypocrites and racists" ,somethin like that anyway .

Not even on topic , let's move the f*** on from this . Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:04 pm

how is it being "careless"?

they pick the man that they feel will do the best job regardless of skin colour

how is off topic? you brought the skin colour into it...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:31 am

This is what Dante means, i hope i don't end up putting more than he said:

FIFA spend an inordinate amout of time on no brainer, non issues like goal line technology (YES! Do it ffs) yet dodge very important, very complicated topics like racism in football, why? Because fans are clamoring for better arbitrated games yet mostly ignore racism.

FIFA tries to stall goal line technology and keep "discussing" it by bringing up the sanctimonious speech about "protecting the spot and keeping the human aspect alive". If FIFA really cared about the purity of the sport and the rest of the moral aspects, why have you never ever heard a Blatter speech on discrimination for refs and managers?

Because in the end FIFA is managed by incompetent beaurocrats that know that their spot is in no way being challenged, their days must consists of twiddling their thumbs doing as little as they can to get by, while scheming on better ways to keep everyone happy so they can keep getting their paychecks. Platini as a lifelong football insider knows extremely well that you don't get to keep your spot as an insider by challenging authority and promoting change, (going against the club). You keep being an insider for life by staying loyal to the club and doing things like they have always been done, even if you are extremely incompetent.

Now, i can't comment much on discrimination for refs because i honestly have never thought about it until now, yet it makes sense. How many minority (including black of course) refs do you currently see in UEFA? Why are there so little? I understand black are a minority in Europe, yet you would expect to see one or two here and there, i watch football from all Europe (including eastern Europe) and i can't really recall ever seeing a black ref in UEFA. Why are they discriminating them? Could it be *gasp* racism???

I suspect it follows something very similar to discrimination for black managers, something i have thought a lot about. UEFA teams discriminate black and minority (women also) managers, sometimes borderline illegally, because they do not fit the profile on what they want in a manager. Remember what i said above about club insiders? Whats better and thus safer, hiring another white, conservative, 40 something, ex player as a manager, something the fans know and understand, or taking a risk and hiring someone new that might be better, like the football manager kid or the first women manager (in the mens game)?

Look at this thread http://www.goallegacy.net/t24817-young-girl-appointed-as-head-coach-of-a-men-football-team-in-croatia.

Goal legacy is filled with very very knowledgeable football fans, and we were among the very first to quickly lambast these decisions and say what a joke they are. What do you expect the more casual audience will say? Whats the better way to keep getting pay checks for inifinity, playing it safe or taking a risk like this??
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Goalcontrol a German company wins the contract for WC
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Germany :bow: dat efficiency :bow:

It is sure that it will work :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:22 pm

This version of the technology uses 14 high-speed cameras placed at various points around the stadium, known as GoalControl 4-D, and its use will be verified once a final installation test has taken place at each of the venues where it will be used.

This summer's Confederations Cup, held in Brazil, will be just the second time that goal-line technology will be used in Fifa competition since its use was approved nine months ago.

Fifa and GoalControl will now work out a time line for the installation of their system in time for the Confederations Cup, with a media presentation soon to be scheduled.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:33 pm

A Ref that doesn't pay attention to his watch when "GOAL" strats flashing on his watch is going to look stupid if he completely misses the alert hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down