Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive

3 posters

Go down

Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive Empty Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive

Post by Margera Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:35 am

"The former France international has no intention of introducing technology to the game as he believes the use of additional referees is a sufficient alternative."

/FULL ARTICLE / Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/755/europe/2012/12/11/3594474/platini-goal-line-technology-too-expensive

So basically what Platini said is that goal-line technology costs 50 million euros in five years to put it in every UEFA (?) competition and apparently it is too much.

It got me thinking what is a price worth paying to ensure that there are no "shadow goals" in the future ? Also I found Platini's statement about the money very surprising considering how much revenue the CL makes in the first place which is most likely even going to increase in the future.

P.S. If anyone can find a credible source, please post here. I'll also add it to my post later on.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive Empty Re: Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 am

Hm. And how much do the 5th, 6th, and possibly soon 7th, 8th etc refs cost that are needed to lessen controversies?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive Empty Re: Platini: Goal-line technology too expensive

Post by free_cat Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:42 am

50 milion euros is a lot. But I'm pretty sure if they made a public contest there would be a technological option much cheaper than that.

The problem is that platini DOESN'T want to implement technology and will find any excuse not to do so.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:32 pm

The interesting thing will be - when FIFA deems goal-line technology worthwhile and UEFA not, what does it mean for the natonal football associations? If, say, the DFL agrees with FIFA (which is extremely likely) and the Bundesliga stadiums are outfitted with goal-line technology, can Platini then throw a wrench into the gears, or can the DFL say "scr*w you, UEFA, we follow the FIFA in that!"?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down