The Sanchez
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
free_cat
Harmonica
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jornada 15 Real Betis - Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Jornada 15 Real Betis - Barcelona

Post by shinigami99 Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:36 pm

No, Pedro has been shat this season, there's no doubt about it. He's making good runs but he 's not as ruthless in front of goal as he used to be. That's bad because the best thing about Pedro was his killer instinct, but now that's gone, all the he's good for is making runs and pressing. It's a bit worrying. Alexis was better than pedro in this game, but overall, I can't really which of the two has been worse this season.

shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Jornada 15 Real Betis - Barcelona - Page 3 Empty Re: Jornada 15 Real Betis - Barcelona

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Yeah, Pedro has been shat. :facepalm:

Clueless.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:22 pm

Every time Alexis puts a foot wrong you're the first person to bash him yet Pedro can go months playing poorly and you still defend him.

Regarding Piqué, I actually never said he was poor. In fact I think he's playing 3 times better than this time last season with more courage and hunger. However I think he failed to identify the run of Castro (watch the goal). He could give himself a chance of cleaning Alba's mess. Asking for too much? Maybe but world class defenders not only do their job well, they also clean up after others.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Only when its reasonable, he cant force Alba to step up and play offside.

He cant play the offside trap and follow him at the same time.

I have never seen a defender do this. Look at the ball, know where the striker is and look where all 3 of his backline partners are at the same time.

Anyway, whatever, its gone now and we all agree he had a good match overall.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:10 am

Pedro needs goals for me to say he's had a great season, personally. He's playing consistently, he's a winger for Barca...he should be getting goals. Villa is capable of it whenever he plays.

But I'm not going to say he's been shat this season either. He's been great in general play, and has been much better at creating chances and assisting than I think he's ever been. He's also been getting a few chances, but hasn't finished them. As always, he's working hard as well, something you can always count on from Pedro.

I think it's just bad form, maybe a lack of confidence in front of goal. Thing is, he's creating chances and he's getting them, and his general play is fine. As long as we're not struggling to score goals (thanks in part to Messi), I don't see a large problem. I think he'll get his goalscoring touch back.

That being said, I'd like to see Villa getting more time. It's been a while, he's shown he's able to go through most of the game fine. I like that we're being careful, I just think maybe we're being overly careful. However that could just be my eagerness to see him back, as well.

Alba had a decent game, but was directly responsible for the goal which brought them back into it and nearly cost us some points :/

His mistake really reminded me of Mascherano though. So Masch-esque that one.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Yea maybe shat was a strong word. But definitely, for the most part of this season he has been better than Alexis. It's just that he's been lacking goals, and that was a big part of what made Pedro Pedro
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:31 pm

I didn't manage to watch the Betis game so I can't really comment on this game in particular - but there have been many games where Pedro has been below par, many of them recently. He goes missing for long stretches, his finishing is not what it used to be and he's not taking chances than in previous years he would have. Danyjr is right to point out that when Alexis has a bad game everyone jumps on him, but when Pedro does the same we are a lot more lenient.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Well thats kind of normal, we have a history with Pedro and we have seen him do great things...so he gets a little bit of a pass based on the past.

Its unfair, every season should start new and everyone starts again at zero but its not possible.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Well you have to remember how much we payed for Alexis too.

Pedro was pretty much free.

It's easier to judge someone who has a price tag to live up to than one that came free.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3